The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions?

+3
whocares
rainbow-warrior
blackcanelion
7 posters

Go down

Questions? Empty Questions?

Post by blackcanelion Sun 01 Feb 2015, 9:40 am

Looks like kiwis could be in all the 6 nations squads.

Questions
1. Can you name possible NZ born players (and teams) in this years tournament.
2. Is this the first time players born in one nation outside of the tournament have been in each squad?

Anyone want to have a stab....

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Questions? Empty Re: Questions?

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:03 am

They may be born outside the countries in the 6 Nations but they have the right to play for that country. The right is NOT because they are NZérs
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm

atonio, maitland, ascombe , mclean and??

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

whocares wrote:atonio, maitland, ascombe , mclean and??

Isaac Boss?

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 01 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

IronMike wrote:
whocares wrote:atonio, maitland, ascombe , mclean and??

Isaac Boss?

More likely to be Jared Payne or possibly Nathan White and if there's an injury crisis Rodney ah You might get a run.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 01 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

Hartley for England. Of course that he arrived in Worcester as a 16 year old makes his case very different from say Thomas Waldron, who was in the Saxons, who arrived as a mature player.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:37 pm

I think it looks something like this: Dylan Hartley (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Gareth Anscombe (Wales), Nathen White (Ireland), Isaac Boss (Ireland), Jaryd  Payne (Ireland), Hugh Blake (Scotland) Blair Cowan (Scotland), Sean Maitland (Scotland), Kelly Maimona (Italy), Uini Antonio (France).

Before anyone gets too upset. Yes, I know they all qualify and it's not really about whether they are English, Scottish, Welsh etc. It's more a milestone thing as an interested  Kiwi. I wouldn't be surprised if SA has already passed through this. I also wouldn't be all that shocked if in 10-20 years time every team in the 6 nations and rugby championship fielded a Fijian born player.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:51 pm

We also have half the teams run by Kiwi's. Gatland, Cotter and Schmidt.

I, for one, welcome our new Kiwi overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted 606v2 poster I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves!
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:05 am

LondonTiger wrote:Hartley for England. Of course that he arrived in Worcester as a 16 year old makes his case very different from say Thomas Waldron, who was in the Saxons, who arrived as a mature player.

Whereas Hartley is still an immature player?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:45 am

On a slightly different note. I see former NZ 7's player Warwick Lahmert is representing England next weekend at the Wellington 7's. Can't say I remember him.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 02 Feb 2015, 7:51 am

blackcanelion wrote:I think it looks something like this: Dylan Hartley (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Gareth Anscombe (Wales), Nathen White (Ireland), Isaac Boss (Ireland), Jaryd  Payne (Ireland), Hugh Blake (Scotland) Blair Cowan (Scotland), Sean Maitland (Scotland), Kelly Maimona (Italy), Uini Antonio (France).

Before anyone gets too upset. Yes, I know they all qualify and it's not really about whether they are English, Scottish, Welsh etc. It's more a milestone thing as an interested  Kiwi. I wouldn't be surprised if SA has already passed through this. I also wouldn't be all that shocked if in 10-20 years time every team in the 6 nations and rugby championship fielded a Fijian born player.

Yep still have at least one South african players (2 this year) and 1 Fidjian. only wales do not have a south african born player around their squad I think.
That said I was watching the Handball world championship final yesterday and it makes me grateful that Rugby residency rules are at least not that loose. You had the home nation (quatar) fielding only 3 players born there with the others on temporary passports! Some of them even played for their real nation a few years ago! Thanks fully they lost otherwise it would have been the biggest mockery in the world of team competitions.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 8:47 am

whocares wrote:
blackcanelion wrote:I think it looks something like this: Dylan Hartley (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Gareth Anscombe (Wales), Nathen White (Ireland), Isaac Boss (Ireland), Jaryd  Payne (Ireland), Hugh Blake (Scotland) Blair Cowan (Scotland), Sean Maitland (Scotland), Kelly Maimona (Italy), Uini Antonio (France).

Yep still have at least one South african players (2 this year) and 1 Fidjian. only wales do not have a south african born player around their squad I think.
That said I was watching the Handball world championship final yesterday and it makes me grateful that Rugby residency rules are at least not that loose. You had the home nation (quatar) fielding only 3 players born there with the others on temporary passports! Some of them even played for their real nation a few years ago! Thanks fully they lost otherwise it would have been the biggest mockery in the world of team competitions.

That could change if Hanno Dirksen gets a call up, we're a little threadbare on wingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down