The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing?

5 posters

Go down

Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing? Empty Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing?

Post by hampo17 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

V2 Boxing's newest writer Marquis Jones takes a look at Al Haymons rise in boxing and wonders what could be next.

http://tinyurl.com/ojpaa6o

Last edited by hampo171 on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing? Empty Re: Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

I think the transitional phase of haymon over the last 5 years was bad for boxing as too many fights havent been made, but i think now he has a huge stable of fighters it could be great for boxing. More importantly is the NBC dates, freeview boxing is great for boxing and needed, HBO doesnt get more than 2 million viewers and only the biggest showtime fights get iver a mil, whereas you can see several million people tuning in to watch primetime boxing on nbc

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing? Empty Re: Al Haymon - Good Or Bad For Boxing?

Post by Derbymanc Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:54 am

Good article, agree with what WHU says. Could be very good for the sport IF Haymon starts pitting them against the best of each other.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:30 pm

I thought he was bad... but he seems to be trying to build a UFC type market for himself, so if he gets a big enough stable, he'll probably be a good thing for boxing. Difficult to get the autonomy UFC have in boxing though, so I'll wait and see
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:07 pm

Rubbish for boxing but good for boxers thus far. It remains to be seen what comes of his PBC scheme.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down