The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

+77
Hood83
brennomac
doctornickolas
yappysnap
The Bachelor
WELL-PAST-IT
BamBam
VinceWLB
Doddy76
nobbled
Heaf
stub
monty junior
offload
TheMildlyFranticLlama
HQ matt
glamorganalun
mystiroakey
The Saint
TightHEAD
quinsforever
Steffan
nathan
Golden
21st Century Schizoid Man
maestegmafia
Rory_Gallagher
the-goon
The Great Aukster
Marshes
BlueMuff
wolfball
alive555
Tattie Scones RRN
cp10
theslosty
Sin é
profitius
Pete330v2
Engine#4
marty2086
Cyril
Pot Hale
GunsGerms
kunu
cakeordeath
bsando
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
Majestic83
rodders
ME-109
Scottish White Line Fever
Nachos Jones_1
asoreleftshoulder
kilo-doug
R!skysports
rapidsnowman
GLove39
Weegie Wizard
lostinwales
TJ
Jimpy
LondonTiger
tigertattie
RDW
jimbopip
EWT Spoons
Nematode
majesticimperialman
Notch
demosthenes
SecretFly
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
sensisball
George Carlin
81 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Empty Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Scot_f10     Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Irelan10
SCOTLAND v IRELAND
Saturday 21 March 2015
KO: 14:30
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (FFR)
AR1: Pascal Gauzere (FFR)
AR2: Federico Anselmi (UAR)
TMO: Graham Hughes (RFU)

A. Teams

SCOTLAND
Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Glasgo10
15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors)
14 Dougie Fife (Edinburgh Rugby)
13 Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors)
12 Matt Scott (Edinburgh Rugby)
11 Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors)
10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors)
09 Greig Laidlaw (Gloucester)

01 Ryan Grant (Glasgow Warriors)
02 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby)
03 Euan Murray (Glasgow Warriors)
04 Jim Hamilton (Saracens)
05 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors)
06 Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors)
07 Blair Cowan (London Irish)
08 David Denton (Edinburgh Rugby)

16 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors)
17 Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby)
18 Geoff Cross (London Irish)
19 Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors)
20 Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors)
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (Edinburgh Rugby)
22 Greig Tonks (Edinburgh Rugby)
23 Tim Visser (Edinburgh Rugby)

IRELAND
Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Father10
15 Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13 Jared Payne (Ulster)
12 Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
11 Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock/Leinster)
10 Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro)
09 Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)

01 Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
02 Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
03 Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
04 Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
05 Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) captain
06 Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
07 Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
08 Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster)

16 Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
18 Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19 Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
20 Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
22 Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster)
23 Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)

B. Head to Head

119 Played 119

58 Wins 56

56 Losses 58

5 Draws 5

187 Tries 200

96 Conversions 102

128 Penalties 104

32 Drop Goals 15

1,234 Points 1,301

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Nachos Jones_1 wrote:So what do you Scottish fans think is the best approach to beating Ireland, do you follow the same tactics as Wales did or do you come out in full on attack?

For the record, although they have fluffed a lot of tries, Scotland have looked to have some very good attacking set plays.

Tumbleweed

As usual, nothing really constructive to add clap

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 Empty Re: Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 6:23 pm

Here is a concern. At the moment St Joe is turning into the bstard child of DK and EOS. He has the control freakery of EOS and the conservative game plan of DK (early years).

Our backline is non existent and when the kicking game got nullified as it did last week we dont have a plan B. The backline dont seem to have one planned move between them except for the inside ball around the ruck area infield (now tried about 4-6 times without success). Every other team is able to run from deep and screen pass or otherwise get the ball to the wings and gain ground. Not sure we have done it once. Sounds like the kiss of les to me...

I would expect a win on Sat and be there or thereabouts for the title but not sure if all the World Cup winning talk about this team looks decidedly premature. Not with this game plan.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm

I have very similar concerns ME-109. The backline seems unbalanced to me. I am not sure of the Henshaw / Payne combination, although solid in defense, not so great in attack. This could be down to unfamiliarity between them, Schmidt's tactics or just not an attacking combination. On paper, it really should work and be very attacking as both players possess great attacking qualities.

Talk about winning, or being in the top 4 of the RWC are very premature to me. I think people got carried away with the wins without looking at the style of play. Most coaches have that 'honeymoon' period where their teams do well. This usually lasts about a year until other coaches start to figure them out. Its the truly great coaches that can continually adapt and change that are successful.

I would like to believe that Schmidt is a great coach and time will tell. He has done well but these performance this 6N have raised a lot of concerns for me. Sounds weird since Ireland may end up with 4 wins out of 5 but I just feel that the performances are below the potential of this Ireland team.

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 6:49 pm

Joe Knows boys, Joe Knows.....

Fush & Chups!!!!

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:44 pm

ME-109 wrote:

Our backline is non existent and when the kicking game got nullified as it did last week we dont have a plan B. The backline dont seem to have one planned move between them except for the inside ball around the ruck area infield (now tried about 4-6 times without success). Every other team is able to run from deep and screen pass or otherwise get the ball to the wings and gain ground. Not sure we have done it once. Sounds like the kiss of les to me...

God, that was an interesting read all the same since last I was here. Thanks for the guff everyone who participated. Now that's a thread with a heartbeat.

Anyway, you got a big point there ME. But the story is that the shackles are being let off on Saturday. The boys have finally been given their 00 licences to kill!
So be prepared to be dazzled. Dark Glasses recommended and a ramping up of perhaps 7 or 8 of those inside little 'surprise' balls that never worked.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:48 pm

Nachos Jones_1 wrote:So what do you Scottish fans think is the best approach to beating Ireland, do you follow the same tactics as Wales did or do you come out in full on attack?

For the record, although they have fluffed a lot of tries, Scotland have looked to have some very good attacking set plays.

Well I can't see us squeezing the life out of the game and pressuring Ireland with territory and possession, our forwards aren't up to the job and neither is Finn Russell, so we'll have to bold and take some risks with ball in hand.

I genuinely cannot see us winning. I think Ireland will make hay with the rolling maul.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 8:51 pm

On another note. I do think Joe has the wrong coaches at this stage. Plumtree is a bastard for running out on us and Kiss is a bastard for hanging on Wink

I think it was the Clermont manager - or Nathan Hines! - that said Cotter and Schmidt complimented each other perfectly. Schmidt would micro analyse each players abilities and weaknesses and then Cotter would isolate a few of those issues and bark and snap and bully the players to improve in those areas.

I think Ireland camp is short of big barkers to kick them out of the 'method acting' they often cruise on. A bit of old fashioned Irish dog would have gone a long way against Wales. And it would be a nice addition back into the Irish set square and protractor mix overall.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm

Cotter and Schmidt. There's your Lions coaching team.

Sorry, not sure the Lions had been mentioned on this thread, in breach of 606v2 rules.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:21 pm

Apparently one of the Leinster heads (Horgan, Jennings or Jackman) said that Luke has been brought in to stand up to Sexton who is very narky and all the backs are intimidated by him. Luke apparently takes no Poopie from him.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

God, that was an interesting read all the same since last I was here.  Thanks for the guff everyone who participated.  Now that's a thread with a heartbeat.

Anyway, you got a big point there ME.  But the story is that the shackles are being let off on Saturday.  The boys have finally been given their 00 licences to kill!
So be prepared to be dazzled.  Dark Glasses recommended and a ramping up of perhaps 7 or 8 of those inside little 'surprise' balls that never worked.

I'll be pleasantly surprised when POC throws a dummy reverse pass to Mike Ross to sprint into the corner....We will score three tries (two penalty and a flop around the base of a ruck on the line).

On a side note Cian Healy and Euan Murray will tie for who can gurn the most during a match and be caught on camera looking slightly deranged...5 apiece I reckon.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:On another note.  I do think Joe has the wrong coaches at this stage.  Plumtree is a bastard for running out on us and Kiss is a bastard for hanging on Wink

Makes you wonder why Plumtree didn't want to stick around for the World Cup at least.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

Sin é wrote:Apparently one of the Leinster heads (Horgan, Jennings or Jackman) said that Luke has been brought in to stand up to Sexton who is very narky and all the backs are intimidated by him. Luke apparently takes no Poopie from him.

Zebo intimidated by Sexton? Kearney (of the arched debonair eyebrow) afraid of Johnny? Bowe bullied into silence by Mr Sexton?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:On another note.  I do think Joe has the wrong coaches at this stage.  Plumtree is a bastard for running out on us and Kiss is a bastard for hanging on Wink

Makes you wonder why Plumtree didn't want to stick around for the World Cup at least.

He didn't rate Kiss?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:37 pm

ME-109 wrote:

On a side note Cian Healy and Euan Murray will tie for who can gurn the most during a match and be caught on camera looking slightly deranged...5 apiece I reckon.

Laugh

Healy always does his Here's Bane!!!! 'neck reset' everytime he's about to come on.  

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 4451716-4422071-4390515-4342722-bane_empire_1

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Sin é wrote:Apparently one of the Leinster heads (Horgan, Jennings or Jackman) said that Luke has been brought in to stand up to Sexton who is very narky and all the backs are intimidated by him. Luke apparently takes no Poopie from him.

Zebo intimidated by Sexton?  Kearney (of the arched debonair eyebrow) afraid of Johnny?  Bowe bullied into silence by Mr Sexton?

I think its about being able to impose himself into the game ... Sexton wants to do everything ... Luke is able to give as good as he gets. BOD used to keep him from losing the plot in the past.

Schmidt spoke about Luke's 'big personality'.

Strange one as well ... Schmidt said something like ''Zebo was disappointed to be dropped, but relieved as well.'' I'd love to know what that means.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm

Laugh

Never change!

As for Zebo being relieved to be dropped, probably nothing more than feeling the strain physically
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:48 pm

If Sexton is disrupting because of his 'personality' (and nobody would ever deny that he has a difficult personality on the field) then maybe Schmidt might have risked Madigan as a hint to Sexton to cool himself down?

But that would be obviously very dangerous for Schmidt I suppose - and half of Dublin 4 if Sexton went on a Godzilla night ride because he didn't get picked!  I think there might be bodybags if that happned.  

The sign seems to be that either Sexton is going to have Melt Down Mark 2 in Murrayfield (regardless of what backs are with him) and this time it'll be terminal - or - Sexton thinks the backs are unbalanced and demanded the inclusion of Fitzgerald to be better able to give his boss a win on the plate.

Controversial perhaps - but maybe Sexton called the change????  Oh dear, if so.  It'll be the Civil War all over again. Run

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm

Notch wrote:

Laugh

Never change!

As for Zebo being relieved to be dropped, probably nothing more than feeling the strain physically

What is that meant to mean?

I don't believe that about Zebo being tired etc. Paul O'Connell has played a lot more rugby than he has in the last 18 months and he plays in a far more physically demanding position.

As well as that, I also recall one of the Leinster players when interviewed about some day they spent at an adventure centre as to who won what, said 'ah, the two most competitive in the camp - Murray & Zebo'.

How could someone go from being one of the most competitive in the camp a month ago, to being relieved your drop? (Unless he felt he was going to be dropped anyway, no matter what he did).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

Ah come here Fly...I loves a good conspiracy theory myself but that is as (if not more) outlandish than the old stories of RoG and Kidney or some of the rubbish that was being spouted towards the beginning, middle and end of Kidneys time in charge.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

SecretFly wrote:If Sexton is disrupting because of his 'personality' (and nobody would ever deny that he has a difficult personality on the field) then maybe Schmidt might have risked Madigan as a hint to Sexton to cool himself down?

But that would be obviously very dangerous for Schmidt I suppose - and half of Dublin 4 if Sexton went on a Godzilla night ride because he didn't get picked!  I think there might be bodybags if that happned.  

The sign seems to be that either Sexton is going to have Melt Down Mark 2 in Murrayfield (regardless of what backs are with him) and this time it'll be terminal - or - Sexton thinks the backs are unbalanced and demanded the inclusion of Fitzgerald to be better able to give his boss a win on the plate.

Controversial perhaps - but maybe Sexton called the change????  Oh dear, if so.  It'll be the Civil War all over again. Run

I don't think it was Sexton who called for change. This is the quote. (I think Mongo is Horgan).

EDIT: Mongo says that Luke is more physical that Zebo, a more dominant personality and more accustomed to going into first receiver. Also that Sexton is scaring the rest of the backline into being cowered, and Luke wont be swayed by such anger/arseyness, and is willing to go into first receiver

(Luke is smaller than Zeebs, and I'm not sure Mongo has watched Ireland this season)

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

Sin é wrote:
Notch wrote:

Laugh

Never change!

What is that meant to mean?

I don't believe that about Zebo being tired etc. Paul O'Connell has played a lot more rugby than he has in the last 18 months and he plays in a far more physically demanding position.

As well as that, I also recall one of the Leinster players when interviewed about some day they spent at an adventure centre as to who won what, said 'ah, the two most competitive in the camp - Murray & Zebo'.

How could someone go from being one of the most competitive in the camp a month ago, to being relieved your drop? (Unless he felt he was going to be dropped anyway, no matter what he did).

Nail Head... Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 6 3933776953

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

ME-109 wrote:Ah come here Fly...I loves a good conspiracy theory myself but that is as (if not more) outlandish than the old stories of RoG and Kidney or some of the rubbish that was being spouted towards the beginning, middle and end of Kidneys time in charge.

Now, now, ME. We've had deep throat non-speaking meetings in dark car parks already. I think a little more cinematic intrigue would go a long way to juicing up this Irish side into a World Cup winning mood of "The World is Against Us!!!!!!!"

A little aggression directed at the outside world would be good for them right now. So I suggest there is unrest in camp as Sexton is seen to rule the roost over selections - and Schmidt cowers in the toilets (mostly to escape Kiss's attack plan speeches, to be fair)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

Sin é wrote:

I don't think it was Sexton who called for change. This is the quote. (I think Mongo is Horgan).

EDIT: Mongo says that Luke is more physical that Zebo, a more dominant personality and more accustomed to going into first receiver. Also that Sexton is scaring the rest of the backline into being cowered, and Luke wont be swayed by such anger/arseyness, and is willing to go into first receiver

(Luke is smaller than Zeebs, and I'm not sure Mongo has watched Ireland this season)

Jesus, this Mongo kid is a good bullschitter.

Joe would sit by and watch games where backs refuse to go into first receiver roles because they are scared of Sexton? Joe would just take that complete breakdown of plans simply to placate the fearful players who don't want to be near Sexton?

Shocked

Now, we're cooking. This is what we were missing - the soap scripts

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm

Sexton has a reputation for being very arsey on the pitch. BOD has said he had to explain his personality and apologise for him on the Lions. Sexton himself said that he often has to apologise to his team mates after a game for his bolshy behaviour.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm

So Zebo gets dropped because the Coach cant tell Sexton what to do??? And we have the possibility of Fitzy and Sexton beating the heads off each other after about 15 mins into the game....

Its like a convention of Passive Aggressiveness for Sportsmen.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:46 pm

As a Scot the solution seems obvious: drop Sexton. Just get on with it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm

ME-109 wrote:So Zebo gets dropped because the Coach cant tell Sexton what to do??? And we have the possibility of Fitzy and Sexton beating the heads off each other after about 15 mins into the game....

Yeah according to Sin e. Probably the most reliable source of horse turd on the internet. Eat it up.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm

You dont understand FES this coach has his undroppables in the following order...

1. Sexton
2. Leinster player(s) down to the Minor C Under 20's
3. Connacht Player who will be forced to move to another province
3. The token Ulsterman or two.
4. Any Munster player who doesnt have an equivalent in Leinster who can stand.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm

You gotta admit though, this game now has an edge of true unknowability about it.

Sexton could still be in a very vulnerable place mentally and the Scots might not need to do too much at all to have him breakdown again on us.  (Half joking/half deathly serious - Cotter will want his lads to give Sexton a rough time to unleash Mr Hyde)
Fitz will feel compelled to prove he belongs.  And we all know what happens when Fitz feels he has something to prove............................... he scores about five tries of individual brilliance.... in his head, and all of them without needing a ball.

Or ..................... the two of them might make sweet music together and show what artistry happens when two players bind their minds to a common desire to actually attack.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:53 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
ME-109 wrote:So Zebo gets dropped because the Coach cant tell Sexton what to do??? And we have the possibility of Fitzy and Sexton beating the heads off each other after about 15 mins into the game....

Yeah according to Sin e. Probably the most reliable source of horse turd on the internet. Eat it up.

Possibly something you are more experienced with Guns...especially for the turnips in wesssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtmeath.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm

ME-109 wrote:You dont understand FES this coach has his undroppables in the following order...

1. Sexton
4. Any Munster player who doesnt have an equivalent in  Leinster who can stand.

Ah, the old provincial bias. Seems a bigger issue with Ireland than anywhere else, and not a north/south issue either.

I personally think the pack and bench forwards are spot on. I do think Zebo and Earls at 11 and 13 respectively would improve upon Fitz and Payne (in particular),but I don't see this as a bias issue, just judgement.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 11:12 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
ME-109 wrote:You dont understand FES this coach has his undroppables in the following order...

1. Sexton

Ah, the old provincial bias. Seems a bigger issue with Ireland than anywhere else, and not a north/south issue either.

I personally think the pack and bench forwards are spot on. I do think Zebo and Earls at 11 and 13 respectively would improve upon Fitz and Payne (in particular),but I don't see this as a bias issue, just judgement.

Judgement indeed....the scales of justice on the calls for the players fall on the blue side...there is a definitive 51-49 weight differential.

Hey we are winning (mostly) so I dont really have a big issue with it but the Zebo call just doesnt make sense to be honest but Joe knows best but if they lose this it will be very interesting...

edit---just to note its good that we have a lot more 50-50 (type) calls than in the past that at least is an improvement but not sure if thats down to Joe or the system.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 20 Mar 2015, 12:19 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:

1. Sexton

I don't think its actually provincial bias, I think Schmidt's skills are to make average players good, and good players average.

I'd be worried of him getting his hands on Keith Earls - he would probably destroy his confidence.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:07 am

Turns out Dickinson has had to sit out training all week - Grant has been able to train all week so gets the nod.

Worryingly Scott and Hamilton have barely trained all week too.

Sounds like we've not had ideal preparation.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 20 Mar 2015, 7:32 am

ME-109 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

1. Sexton

Judgement indeed....the scales of justice on the calls for the players fall on the blue side...there is a definitive 51-49 weight differential.

Hey we are winning (mostly) so I dont really have a big issue with it but the Zebo call just doesnt make sense to be honest but Joe knows best but if they lose this it will be very interesting...

edit---just to note its good that we have a lot more 50-50 (type) calls than in the past that at least is an improvement but not sure if thats down to Joe or the system.

You should make justice for Munster armbands Dod. You would make a fortune in Cork.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 20 Mar 2015, 8:54 am

Seriously?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31972541

Best bit....

Hamilton spoke of the "huge role" he and his experience must play in the junior players' development.

"In five year's time, when I'm not wearing the jersey, and Jonny Gray is, there's a piece of me in there that'll have helped him"

Rolling Eyes

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:10 am

It is my opinion that there are too many irish comments on this thread!

Lets ban a few of their posters!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:34 am

GunsGerms wrote:

You should make justice for Munster armbands Dod. You would make a fortune in Cork.

Don't worry Guns, St Joe will do an interview sometime today so you will be able to share 'your' opinions on here after that Wink

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

Nice eclipse though........
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:44 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Seriously?

Best bit....

Hamilton spoke of the "huge role" he and his experience must play in the junior players' development.

"In five year's time, when I'm not wearing the jersey, and Jonny Gray is, there's a piece of me in there that'll have helped him"

Rolling Eyes

Last thing we need, Hamilton's bad habits being passed down the generations. Jonny Gray is already a better player, perhaps he should explain to Hamilton the merits of not conceding penalties and getting yellow carded all the time, and that it isn't essential to be in the middle of each and every fracas.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Mar 2015, 9:53 am

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Zebo intimidated by Sexton?  Kearney (of the arched debonair eyebrow) afraid of Johnny?  Bowe bullied into silence by Mr Sexton?

I think its about being able to impose himself into the game ... Sexton wants to do everything ... Luke is able to give as good as he gets. BOD used to keep him from losing the plot in the past.

Schmidt spoke about Luke's 'big personality'.

Strange one as well ... Schmidt said something like ''Zebo was disappointed to be dropped, but relieved as well.'' I'd love to know what that means.

Joe said Zebo was tired. Stop with the conspiracy theories would you. If Zebo had been setting the place alight then there would be cause for complaint...but he's struggled to make any impact in attack despite having plenty of ball.

He had a one on one against North, who isn't a great defender, and driven 5 metres backwards in the tackle so can't feel hard done by.

Other than Payne I don't think any of our backs have beaten any defenders.

I'm not a great fan of Fitz, but he has bided has time and has a chance to show what he can do. Zebo isn't out of the picture at all and has had a good run of games now in a green shirt.

Also one of the criticisms against Wales was the lack of leaders out wide, and the pack hogging the ball close to the line, so Fitz being a confident chap was probably picked for this.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Seriously?

Best bit....

Rolling Eyes

Last thing we need, Hamilton's bad habits being passed down the generations. Jonny Gray is already a better player, perhaps he should explain to Hamilton the merits of not conceding penalties and getting yellow carded all the time, and that it isn't essential to be in the middle of each and every fracas.

However, if Jim's influence mirrors two years ago, then all will be forgiven (for the Wales match at least).

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:29 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Nice eclipse though........

..says Hamilton to Gray.

Last edited by SecretFly on Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:31 am

rodders wrote:[

Also one of the criticisms against Wales was the lack of leaders out wide, and the pack hogging the ball close to the line, so Fitz being a confident chap was probably picked for this.

So Fitz can shot louder and wave his hands faster? Wink

This new attack plan is taking real shape now.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:33 am

It means that whenever a Munster player gets dropped we get buried in an tidal wave of pure bullshitium, basically. It's both amusing and predictable. Last year you wanted Dave Kearneys head for a string of performances that were of pretty much exactly the same standard as Zebos so far. If Zebo was a Leinster player you wouldn't rate him on the basis of what he's produced in the last four games at all.

I rate Zebo higher than Fitzgerald but he hasn't exactly put down a marker for keeping the shirt. He'll be picked again soon, don't worry.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

Notch wrote:It means that whenever a Munster player gets dropped we get buried in an tidal wave of pure bullshitium, basically. It's both amusing and predictable. Last year you wanted Dave Kearneys head for a string of performances that were of pretty much exactly the same standard as Zebos so far. If Zebo was a Leinster player you wouldn't rate him on the basis of what he's produced in the last four games at all.

I rate Zebo higher than Fitzgerald but he hasn't exactly put down a marker for keeping the shirt. He'll be picked again soon, don't worry.

I take exception to that actually. Both Kearney and Trimble were both better options and we were a more 'expressive' and threatening team with them in it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:[

So Fitz can shot louder and wave his hands faster? Wink
This new attack plan is taking real shape now.

Well yes, he can....

..there was a clearly a bit too much of "please sir, can I have the ball...oh sorry .. please beg my parden sir, I'm just a humble kiwi/corkman, I didn't mean to speak out of turn and am grateful to be in your presence this afternoon" - rather than "hey fatty/baldy/slow coach stop fooking around at that bloody ruck and give me the feckin ball as I'm about to score here".
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:39 am

Notch wrote:It means that whenever a Munster player gets dropped we get buried in an tidal wave of pure bullshitium, basically. It's both amusing and predictable. Last year you wanted Dave Kearneys head for a string of performances that were of pretty much exactly the same standard as Zebos so far. If Zebo was a Leinster player you wouldn't rate him on the basis of what he's produced in the last four games at all.

Funny that you accuse me of repeating myself when you constantly dredge up the provincial bias bile simply to goad Munster fans... Doh

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:41 am

What nonsense. With a winger with a bit of pace, Ireland would have won a Grand Slam last year (Kearney being run down by a prop when any other wing in the world would have been in for a try). He has turned Zebo from a pacy, try scoring wing into a backrow forward to resource rucks. Zebo has done everything asked of him and gets dropped. To actually say a player is 'relieved to be dropped' is just bonkers cowpat coming from him.

The problem is there are a few players who didn't perform last week (like Best, Sexton, Toner and Murray for starters), but there isn't even a hint of criticism of them. Schmidt should know that Best always gets the wobblies when up against a Gatland coached team.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:42 am

Nachos Jones_1 wrote:

Funny that you accuse me of repeating myself when you constantly dredge up the provincial bias bile simply to goad Munster fans...   Doh

+1 thumbsup

Of course he refuses to notice that we say that Murphy has been treated badly as well (though at least he still makes the 23 unlike TOD).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next