The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup.

+12
bedfordwelsh
Cardiff Dave
Cyril
GunsGerms
beshocked
whocares
Coleman
Gwlad
SecretFly
TightHEAD
Geordie
majesticimperialman
16 posters

Go down

So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup. Empty So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup.

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31903006

What i would like know that if Edwards does go. will he be a big loss for Wales?

Will the WRU really want to let him go?

If he is let go, will he stay in Wales and coach one the regions?

Or do you think he will set his sights on coaching abroad? France for example.

Disscuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup. Empty Re: So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup.

Post by Geordie Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm

Get rid of Farrell and sign him!!

Either that or get rid of Farrell and sign Gustard

Or Simply Get rid of Farrell.....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup. Empty Re: So Wales may lose Seaun Edwards after the World cup.

Post by TightHEAD Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:36 pm

The RFU need him, just pay him what he wants.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:41 pm

I've said it now for a long time - the Biggest Loss if he goes. Bigger than Gatland in my eyes. Ireland should make a play for him Wink

I think he's the bee's knees .

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm

He will go if Gats goes, i think that is a certainty. He will not be Gats replacement IMO although if offered i think he would take it. Prob he has is his PR skills i.e. he has none, so IMO he might get a top club appointment but internationally he will always be 2nd fiddle…and one can't see the RFU making him head coach so perhaps a sideways move to defense with england might be on the cards.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:

Will the WRU really want to let him go?

Laugh Oh it's like that, is it, see???? "You ain't going nowhere, Edwards!" Dicey business being a Welsh coach.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 16 Mar 2015, 4:50 pm

He'd be ideal for the Blues.The international players know him and respect him so he already has the ability to counter the cliques within the dressing room. He is flat out no nonses. I think he could very easily help to build a culture of hardwork and ambition at the region. He also is a very good defensive coach which is something we need. On top of it all he's not part of the Cardiff Boys Club. It's very stupid of the WRU to let him go if they do.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

he will join his mate rafa Ibanez as part of the next France coaching set up...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Get rid of Farrell and sign him!!

Agree with that. OK

England should get rid of Catt too and bring in Alex King.

Lancaster,Edwards,Rowntree,King - that would look like a better set up!

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm

whocares wrote:he will join his mate rafa Ibanez as part of the next France coaching set up...

Actually might have more legs than any of the other hopes/thoughts above!

Yeah - he'd drop discipline and attention to detail into the French letter box. And, with only a little more boring mathematical structure, France would easily become a serious contender again.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm

to clarify, the above is just mere wishfull thinking from myself, but who knows if keep writting stuff over here it might happen one day Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:I've said it now for a long time - the Biggest Loss if he goes.  Bigger than Gatland in my eyes.  Ireland should make a play for him Wink

He cant work for Ireland or anywhere outside Wales or England because he has a son with the lead singer of M people but they arent together anymore. He only accepts jobs near where his son lives aparently which is completely understandable.

He turned down a role with the Great Britain national rugby league team in the past on that basis.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

He cant work for Ireland or anywhere outside Wales or England because he has a son with the lead singer of M people but they arent together anymore. He only accepts jobs near where his son lives aparently which is completely understandable.

He turned down a role with the Great Britain national rugby league team in the past on that basis.

I think we lost a good bit of grit when we lost Plumtree - and I don't think we've recovered that with the replacement. A guy like Edwards would add fire in the belly and be a more passionate foil for Schmidt's pragmatism. But I've mentioned him years before - I think Welsh fans underrate him when Gatland naturally gets most publicity.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:17 pm

I doubt Edwards would end up in the Irish set-up given his history of dubious song choices on the team bus.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:24 pm

Top Trivia: Sean Edwards used to be married to Heather Small, of M:People fame. I just can't see Edwards being in and around the early '90s Manchester dance music scene somehow!

You're welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:30 pm

Coleman wrote:He'd be ideal for the Blues.The international players know him and respect him so he already has the ability to counter the cliques within the dressing room. He is flat out no nonses. I think he could very easily help to build a culture of hardwork and ambition at the region. He also is a very good defensive coach which is something we need. On top of it all he's not part of the Cardiff Boys Club. It's very stupid of the WRU to let him go if they do.

Dream on.
And what is this "Cardiff Boys Club"?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm

Griff wrote:Top Trivia: Sean Edwards used to be married to Heather Small, of M:People fame. I just can't see Edwards being in and around the early '90s Manchester dance music scene somehow!

You're welcome.

Check a few posts up. Guns pipped ya to it Wink

They were a somewhat odd couple though!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:32 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I've said it now for a long time - the Biggest Loss if he goes.  Bigger than Gatland in my eyes.  Ireland should make a play for him Wink

His son plays for Wasps as well right?

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

Cyril wrote:I doubt Edwards would end up in the Irish set-up given his history of dubious song choices on the team bus.

Oh Dear. I'm sure the songs were choice at the weekend on that bus... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Cyril wrote:I doubt Edwards would end up in the Irish set-up given his history of dubious song choices on the team bus.

Oh Dear.  I'm sure the songs were choice at the weekend on that bus... Wink
Indeed. Lyrics rhyming with Flora (adore 'er?) to the fore Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

Keep Gatland and Edwards get rid of Howley and McBryde
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm

Cyril wrote:
Griff wrote:Top Trivia: Sean Edwards used to be married to Heather Small, of M:People fame. I just can't see Edwards being in and around the early '90s Manchester dance music scene somehow!

You're welcome.

Check a few posts up. Guns pipped ya to it Wink

They were a somewhat odd couple though!

FFS! Always read the full thread peeps! Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:03 am

It's funny this comes out straight after one of Wales best defending games . pay rise (cough cough )

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:06 am

Can we have him please?
I'd be very suprised if Wales let him go

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:It's funny this comes out straight after one of   Wales best defending games .    pay rise (cough cough  )

Its all part of the bargaining process and given he has what 8-9 months left on his contract its understandable.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:51 am

I doubt Gatland and Edwards are going anywhere, this is all just mind games IMHO.
dodgy group at the WC so adds an extra little edge for the players they have stuck to so loyally for years.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:54 am

Gatlands contracted until 2019 so would get a nice pay off if he went anywhere the others are only (at mo) contracted until the WC is over.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:07 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:It's funny this comes out straight after one of   Wales best defending games .    pay rise (cough cough  )
It was reported in the Rugby Paper a few weeks ago. That's where I first heard about him weighing up his options.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:08 pm

Only a pay off if we sack him. If Gats walks (or tries to walk) away he can't expect a pay off. WE (the WRU) could expect compensation from another union for taking him though, but Gats wouldn't get the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

This would be one of the worsts things that could happen to wales, give the man all the money and pies he wants.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:16 pm

Poor Gats....everybody wants to shaft him.

All he's ever done for Wales but they'd still make him bend over backwards for some little Moneee rewards at the end. Oh the bloody Scrooge meanness of it.

That's disrespect for what you've given 'em, Gats. If I were you, I'd be pi-ssed.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

Griff wrote:Only a pay off if we sack him.  If Gats walks (or tries to walk) away he can't expect a pay off.  WE (the WRU) could expect compensation from another union for taking him though, but Gats wouldn't get the money.

Well that's fair anyway and the only reason I could see him walking is if the ABs came a knocking which as you say at least we would get compo for it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

beshocked wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Get rid of Farrell and sign him!!

Agree with that. OK

England should get rid of Catt too and bring in Alex King (Or Dave Walder....whilst id be gutted to lose him...he has been a huge influence in the attacking style)

Lancaster,Edwards,Rowntree,King - that would look like a better set up!

Yes a much better set up.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down