The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards

+12
thebluesmancometh
munkian
gregortree
SecretFly
nobbled
disneychilly
rodders
Warthog
Luckless Pedestrian
aucklandlaurie
ScarletSpiderman
HERSH
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards Empty Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:20 am

Wow!

On the face of it what an opportunity to gloat and wind up our Welsh cousins, even their own coaches are admitting defeat before the KO.

See Link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20399840

So from that I'm going to predict a Welsh victory.

C’mon Boyo's

This comment made me laugh

Welsh Gaz
I guess it shows the jealousy of other nationalities when someone digs at the Welsh team now after these bad results. 2 grand slams in 4 years and a RWC semi-final; no other European nation can boast that. It says it all....

Umm..... England 1991, 1992, 1995 oh thats right 1991 RWC Final! all within 4 years. Laugh

You could also say that a Slam plus winning the RWC in 2003 is a better record.

Last edited by HERSH on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards Empty Re: Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:27 am

HERSH wrote:Wow!

On the face of it what an opportunity to gloat and wind up our Welsh cousins, even their own coaches are admitting defeat before the KO.

See Link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20399840

So from that I'm going to predict a Welsh victory.

C’mon Boyo's

This comment made me laugh

Welsh Gaz
I guess it shows the jealousy of other nationalities when someone digs at the Welsh team now after these bad results. 2 grand slams in 4 years and a RWC semi-final; no other European nation can boast that. It says it all....

Umm..... England 1991, 1992, 1995 oh thats right 1991 RWC Final! all within 4 years. Laugh

You could also say that a Slam plus winning the RWC in 2003 is a better record.

Ah but that was only the 5 nataions, we had to beat Italy too. Being serious things are looking grim for Wales at the moment, but I am not sure it is all doom and gloom. We tend to have a little cycle 1) We are better than people think and we win, 2) We are good and people accept it and we win, 3) We get arrogent and we lose, even though people expect us to win, 4) We lose confidence and people get all doom and gloom, and then back to 1.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards Empty Re: Wales could be 'embarrassed' by the All Blacks - Edwards

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:31 am

So we'll wipe all the history books clean shall we?

Lets face it we've never lost to Italy. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:35 am

HERSH wrote:So we'll wipe all the history books clean shall we?

Lets face it we've never lost to Italy.
Very Happy

I believe you have mate, maybe not in a competitive match, but you have lost to them before.

P.S. I can't back that up with facts

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:36 am

No we haven't

18 games played 18 wins for England. thumbsup
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:38 am

Where does Edwards admit defeat? the article doesnt do the entire interview justice.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

HERSH wrote:Even their own coaches are admitting defeat before the KO.

It seems you don't know what 'could' means, Hersh.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Warthog Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:42 am

HERSH wrote:No we haven't

18 games played 18 wins for England. thumbsup

WOW. England must be quids in for the RWC then ! All aboard the chariot?

After that resounding win against the mighty Fijians, I can only see glory days ahead for Lancasters men !!!

Warthog

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:44 am

Thanks Buddy Very Happy

But stay on topic.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

He says:

"If you are slow into position, don't keep your defensive structure and if you give them too much possession - you will get punished."

But I fully expect to see the same old long kicks deliberately kept infield. Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:49 am

Bald men...comb... Rolling Eyes

The future is bright...the future is .... Franco- Argentino-Pacific Island-oh.... get back to your villages and close the windows little people..... Wink ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:32 am

I wouldn't delve too deeply into the possible schadenfreude this week Hersh, considering you have the same opponents the week after...

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:36 am

Are people missing the fact that I think Wales will win? Headscratch
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:58 am

I think there's a hole in your cheek that you made yourself without hands let's put it that way.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

I like how the title was taking what was said out of context to cause a more sensational headline

"We know if we don't perform, we could get embarrassed against the All Blacks," said Edwards."

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:09 pm

IronMike wrote:I like how the title was taking what was said out of context to cause a more sensational headline

"We know if we don't perform, we could get embarrassed against the All Blacks," said Edwards."

So another non-story story. These hacks get worse.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:23 pm

These Hacks get worse? No, these hacks do what they've always done for centuries now - their job.

Selling papers (now extended to internet space) by pulling in punters with head-turning headlines.

And of course, it still works, even though we all know the trick by now.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

Don't you guys trust the BBC anymore?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

Not since Angela Rippon retired

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:58 pm

Wales shouldn't be emabarrassed to lose to any of the top 10 teams.

They should, however, be emabarrassed to play without passion and pride.

I don't think anyone expects them to beat the All Blacks on Saturday, but I and I expect most Welsh fans expect them to play with some heart, myself included.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

munkian wrote:Wales shouldn't be emabarrassed to lose to any of the top 10 teams.

I don't think anyone expects them to beat the All Blacks on Saturday, but I and I expect most Welsh fans expect them to play with some heart, myself included.

It is kind of sad that we welsh psters are starting to sound like Phil Davies, and we are hoping to see a good performance from the boys, and settle for a loss as long as they play well, when a few months ago we were proud that we played poorly but still came away with wins.

That said after the shamble of the last few games, I would be happy to see the players atleast look like they wanted to be on the pitch.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

munkian wrote: I don't think anyone expects them to beat the All Blacks on Saturday

I do.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

It's all part of the rollercoaster that is being a Welsh rugby fan.

The dizzying highs, the shattering lows, but where are the creamy middles !!! Erm
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:05 pm

munkian wrote:Wales shouldn't be emabarrassed to lose to any of the top 10 teams.

Now there's a quote that a fella would be proud to quote. Implosion is the worst crime the opposition could commit when playing against the ABs. The whole design of the ABs (when playing their A grade game) is to kill your enthusiasm and choke your will. The sides that simply implode (Ireland last game of last series!) not only get beaten but lose all respect. Fight to the end.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:15 pm

I think you're forgetting that the finest Centre in the NH is returning to the Welsh team, watch your wingers fly.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:28 pm

He's opposite the finest centre in the world though, and if they don't get some go forward then the only flying the wingers will be doing will be towards their own goalline chasing black jerseys-probably their opposite numbers.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

So I think it's safe to say the Welsh are as fancied as the fat chick at a disco?

The all blacks are the young stud prowling around the club looking for stunners?

Well we all know the fat chick gets what she wants everynow and then don't we? Any guy whos jumped from a 2nd floor window will testify to mistakes the night before!!

So there we are, the fat chick, sat in front of the mirror, trying to force herself into that bra, chewing on the lipstick, and ensuring she has protection 'just in case' but we have all made THE mistake at least once in our lives, and IMHO saddle up kiwi's your about to ride the fat chick!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:37 pm

ROFL Bluesman. Cater to the ego and the team will be getting their fat wings in no time.

I'm sure the salad dodgers get more action anyway so I doubt there'd be much tread on the tyres...

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

Just having a gander at that Welsh side and it looks pretty good for a fat chick..... pretty darn good indeed.... Whistle

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see an upset here you know.... thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

So the fat chick Wales comes first ? or 2nd ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

depends on how good that maori tongue dance gets..............

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

disney

Of course they get more action, it's just generally the bow wows of the NH that give it to them Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:42 pm

Rodders, that's true, but the problem is that the fat chick hasn't been up to much in the sack the last few weekends. She hasn't even bothered to fake it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

Fat Lady?

Mmmm....
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:43 pm

LP

She's been firmly fudged and left to sleep it off in the club toilets!!! Argentina and Samoa wiped up and left us for dead.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

There is going to be an awful amount of Guinness drunk this weekend either way.

Clash of the Poopie between Dragons and Connacht on Friday night then then the warm up of England Barbarians vs Sith Africa then the big one Erm guinness guinness guinness vomit censored
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:44 pm

You're selling Connacht short there, Munk!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

So Gang bang by all the SH teams ? Who is last to go ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:You're selling Connacht short there, Munk!

I know Erm
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:51 pm

munkian wrote:There is going to be an awful amount of Guinness drunk this weekend either way.

Clash of the Poopie between Dragons and Connacht on Friday night then then the warm up of England Barbarians vs Sith Africa then the big one Erm guinness guinness guinness vomit censored

Try this if your not at the game, you'll be wasted before a point gets scored.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

I can't see it but I'm assuming its the Jiffy drinking game ? OK

Played it a few times, had to go and buy more booze at half time.

I'll actually be at the Dragons game but watching the others in a pub
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

Munkain - yeah its the jiffy game. Glad to see you'll be turning up to support your region in the Rabo! I must be honest I get miffed with these bleeding internationals being on the same time.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:59 pm

Played the jiffy game once it did not go well, I remember starting the shoe boating 3 minutes before half time, it was the first game of the day at about 2. Then I remember arguing with a guy in Swansea, and waking up back in Cardiff on a mates balcony, in November!!

DO NOT PLAY THE JIFFY DRINKING GAME

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:05 pm

We used to drink everytime someone said 'Williams' and 'Jones' Erm

Now its a sip for a drink for a knockon penalty agaisnt the other team, a big old swig for any points and a shot for a try or yellow/red card.

I used to drink everytime Wilkinson was mentioned, made Eng v Scotland matches nearly bearable Laugh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:15 pm

Theyve already embaressed themselves recently, only fair they let someone else have a go

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

HERSH wrote:Are people missing the fact that I think Wales will win? Headscratch

So did Sam Warburton the otherday. He was saying that i think/believe that we can win this week.

Now was he saying that to big up the team?

Or was he saying that in the hope that the coaches will give the captains arm band back?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:31 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
HERSH wrote:Are people missing the fact that I think Wales will win? Headscratch

So did Sam Warburton the otherday. He was saying that i think/believe that we can win this week.

Or was he saying that in the hope that the coaches will give the captains arm band back?

More dumb questions from somebody who is extremely du.... Well everyone gets the idea.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

Was this thread created by the cast of The Valleys, by any chance?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

I'd hope at least Natalee and Jenna had a hand in creating the thread.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:

More dumb questions from somebody who is extremely du.... Well everyone gets the idea.

Doh

You all ways have to have a dig dont you Mogannwg?

Did you not read what Warburton had said then? Headscratch

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next