The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ironic advise from Khan

+28
BoxingFan88
John Bloody Wayne
Ozymandias
owen10ozzy
Rowley
Scottrf
88Chris05
Derbymanc
hazharrison
hampo17
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
no-mas
Valero's Conscience
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
horizontalhero
lfc91
mobilemaster8
ShahenshahG
Coxy001
3fingers
Guest82
milkyboy
AdamT
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ironic advise from Khan - Page 3 Empty Ironic advise from Khan

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:16 am

First topic message reminder :

So after Brook disposed of Yo Yo Dan, Amir Khan has once again found an excuse not to fight him.

However along with the standered ''He is not on my radar/level I am looking for fights against Mayweather/Paq because I am that calibre of fighter'' rubbish Khan dispensed with some wise advice that Brook should take on the likes of Thurman. Funny because boxing fans have been advising Khan to fight the likes of Thurman for months now.

Khan is now hoping for a match up with Cotto which is form for Khan because Cotto who was a p4p contender way back in 2005 when Khan was starting out as a pro is washed up and only interested in making retirment bread.

I sincerly hope Khan looses his next fight because after every win this guys head just inflates and inflates. How are you on the same level as Mayweather/Paq????

get serious and face Brook, pick up a strap and you are a front runner.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Ironic advise from Khan - Page 3 Empty Re: Ironic advise from Khan

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:35 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Would've thought Khan-Brook could make a £5m pot in the UK, sensible split of £3m to Khan is probably as much, if not better, than he'd get out of a Mayweather voluntary and he is more likely to win/less likely to lose.

Can never tell how delusional Khan is though/how much he believes what daddy whispers in his ear.  He might think he'll get $5m+ out of Floyd.....
He would.

Based on??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

The paydays of previous Floyd opponents...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

What, like Guerrero's $3m?
Or Ortiz's $2m?
Or Maidana's $3m?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

Did I miss the meeting where Brook became Sugar Ray Robinson?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

Rowley wrote:Did I miss the meeting where Brook became Sugar Ray Robinson?

Laugh .........Porter is mini Mike Tyson too !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

Think Khan could probably use the 'I bring the British Market' line to get around $4. (Complete guess though just using the figures above as a basis).

Last edited by lfc91 on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

Canelo is a massive draw, miles bigger than Khan, and he only got $5m.

Cotto is the only person to pull bigger than that and again he is a much bigger draw than Khan.

So again, how do you figure Khan would better $5m as a mandatory??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm

British PPV.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm

Khan can definitely command more than those, he's been paid more than all of them since he's been fighting in the US. Mayweather purses have been getting bigger and he's on a new deal, there's more to go around.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm

lfc91 wrote:Think can could probably use the 'I bring the British Market' line to get around $4. (Complete guess though just using the figures above as a basis).

Britain doesn't like Khan enough to sell that though. He's not Ricky Hatton.

(neither is Kell Brook, before anyone tries to do an Az)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:British PPV.

Brit PPV revenue greater than US PPV revenue for the likes of Cotto or Alvarez??

Can't see it, especially with the Yanks paying double what we do for PPV.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

Aye but its a Mayweather PPV and theres a brit fighting against him...doesnt take much.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Canelo is a massive draw, miles bigger than Khan, and he only got $5m.

Cotto is the only person to pull bigger than that and again he is a much bigger draw than Khan.

Cotto had an $8m guarantee before PPV sales...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Canelo is a massive draw, miles bigger than Khan, and he only got $5m.

I have no idea about purses back in the day..............

Wouldn't Hatton's purse for Floyd be more of a comparison to what Khan may get ??

They both brought/bring a big UK market to the fight...and were/are both established names in the UK/US...

Any idea what Hatton bagged ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh  .........Porter is mini Mike Tyson too !! thumbsup

Amir Khan reminds me of Tommy Hearns thumbsup

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:46 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh  .........Porter is mini Mike Tyson too !! thumbsup

Amir Khan reminds me of Tommy Hearns thumbsup

Me too... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:47 pm

Saying Khan could get $5million for fighting Mayweather as an excuse for not fighting Brook is like telling me Froch's wife would f*ck me...if only she'd call. It sounds lovely but...it isn't going to happen so I may as well sleep with the less attractive girl who'll definitely put out. (PS There isn't a less attractive women willing to put out...it's an analogy....more's the pity!)

Amir may as well get well paid for the Brook fight and the possibility of having a belt to use as a bargaining chip as opposed to sittng with his thumb up his ar$e for the next year.Have to wonder just who the f*ck IS advising Khan with some of the nonsense he's coming out with. Maybe Al Haymon is whispering in his ear whilst tickling his nuts in much the same way Don King did with his fighters whilst sticking his other hand in their wallets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

$10 million.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm

Scottrf wrote:Khan can definitely command more than those, he's been paid more than all of them since he's been fighting in the US. Mayweather purses have been getting bigger and he's on a new deal, there's more to go around.

Khan bigger/more PPV buys than Canelo or Cotto?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I have no idea about purses back in the day..............

Wouldn't Hatton's purse for Floyd be more of a comparison to what Khan may get ??

They both brought/bring a big UK market to the fight...and were/are both established names in the UK/US...

I don't think Hatton is comparable because Khan brings nothing like Hatton's fan base.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:50 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

$10 million.

2007......................8 years ago...

I imagine Khan will get less than that...He hasn't got that blue collar appeal.........but it's food for thought...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Khan can definitely command more than those, he's been paid more than all of them since he's been fighting in the US. Mayweather purses have been getting bigger and he's on a new deal, there's more to go around.

That's not the only factor, and $5m is less than either of them received. It would be on PPV here, which can bring in millions by itself. It would depend on what he can negotiate. Why would he not get more than Guerrero?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:56 pm

Unless Khan makes a statement* in the division, I just can't see it.

*You know, like beating Brook in a massive sell-out stadium bout.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

That's not the only factor, and $5m is less than either of them received. It would be on PPV here, which can bring in millions by itself. It would depend on what he can negotiate.
Only way Khan makes a fortune on PPV is if Floyd gives us a devastating display of boxing, punching power etc etc etc against Manny. He puts on another safety first clinic after promising us the world and the casuals who may have bought Khan/Mayweather will not bother forking out.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

That's not the only factor, and $5m is less than either of them received. It would be on PPV here, which can bring in millions by itself. It would depend on what he can negotiate.
Only way Khan makes a fortune on PPV is if Floyd gives us a devastating display of boxing, punching power etc etc etc against Manny. He puts on another safety first clinic after promising us the world and the casuals who may have bought Khan/Mayweather will not bother forking out.

Two stubborn b**tards going at it......

Gotta love it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:07 pm

Khan would be stupid to make any decision regarding a fight with Brook until after 02 May, and see what the winner of that wants to do. The idea that he is scared of Brook doesn't hold too much water for me, and even if a fight with him is worth as much as won with FMJ or Pacquaio,it's pretty obvious that he would rather fight one of the sport's legends than a well regarded, but barely known domestic rival. Really can't see why some of you are getting upset about , it's not like this is something new is it.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Devon Alexander is average ??.............Didn't he beat Maidana and he's now become above average ??............Beat Matthyse too I seem to remember..

Shut up and tell us the real reason you don't like Khan..

Must be the same reason why I dislike Degale so much, or George Groves. Yup, I hate them all because they're black, white and asian respectively. Of which I am neither..... But I rate Shahid Afridi as one of my favourite bowlers to watch when he was flying in, so... oh eff it, you're not worth the time on that one.

And yes Alexander is average. more so has become average. He got a gift of a decision against Matthysee by the way. Fought Maidana who still hadn't switched trainers from memory (which has brought about this upsurge in form due to ironing out a few technical things i.e. shortening up on punches) and barring that has the likes of Kotelnik on his record.

So he has Kotelnik and Maidana on his record, save for a gift of a decision.

And he's supposedly now some sort of massive player in the division.... Right.... Gatekeeper at best nowadays.

But hey, I look forwards to Khan announcing a fight against a real live dangerous opponent. No...!! Wait!! He's going to fight the almighty Chris Algieri, a guy you probably derided in the build up to Manny fighting him, want me to dig out some quotes with you belittling him? Sod it, as I'm on lunch I'll do it for you!

https://www.606v2.com/t56289p50-the-pocket-rocket

Algieri is crap and you know it...

So at least we know what you think of Amir's next fight now!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Only way Khan makes a fortune on PPV is if Floyd gives us a devastating display of boxing, punching power etc etc etc against Manny. He puts on another safety first clinic after promising us the world and the casuals who may have bought Khan/Mayweather will not bother forking out.
People have short memories. Once the promos come out, that wont matter. People bought Haye-Harrison.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm

horizontalhero wrote:Khan would be stupid to make any decision regarding a fight with Brook until after 02 May, and see what the winner of that wants to do. The idea that he is scared of Brook doesn't hold too much water for me, and even if a fight with him is worth as much as won with FMJ or Pacquaio,it's pretty obvious that he would rather fight one of the sport's legends than  a well regarded, but barely known domestic rival. Really can't see why some  of you are getting upset about , it's not like this is something new is it.
Whilst there's obviously a lot of validity in what you say, I think the backlash stems from the fact Khan's comments are so dismissive of Brook and seem to imply Khan's the automatic choice for Floyd/Manny and Brook has a bloody nerve calling him out when he clearly has more important matters to contend with. Having lambasted Floyd for arrogance and treating people like sh!t (over the Maidana/Twitter fiasco) one would have thought Khan might have engaged his brain before opening his mouth...but hey, that's probably never going to happen. He's obviously backtracked slightly over the past couple of days but as you know, the damage was already done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Only way Khan makes a fortune on PPV is if Floyd gives us a devastating display of boxing, punching power etc etc etc against Manny. He puts on another safety first clinic after promising us the world and the casuals who may have bought Khan/Mayweather will not bother forking out.
People have short memories. Once the promos come out, that wont matter. People bought Haye-Harrison.
Can't legislate for the stupidity of people but my point is that there's no way enough people will buy Khan/Mayweather to guarantee Khan a purse in excess of $5million if Mayweather stinks the place out against Manny. If Khan was a crowd puller he'd have had a few more people watching him fight Collazo and Alexander so where are the droves of people who'll be watching him fight Floyd going to come from.

Inflating PPV fees to claim it's a record breaker is like saying a film is the largest grossing film of all time whilst conveniently forgetting that it was shown in 3D in IMAX cinemas who charged three times as much as the normal Cinema complexes. No-one's paying $100 to watch Amir Khan on PPV

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:22 pm

No-one's paying $1 to watch Amir Khan on PPV

Fixed that for you. Just judging it on his previous foray in to the UK PPV market where his numbers did so badly he was booted off of it.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 31 Mar 2015, 1:56 pm

If Khan has a sense of entitlement, it probably stems from the deal he signed with HBO back in 2010 (ish) that guaranteed him $1.25m a fight. Quite why the network felt he was worth that at that stage is a mystery (Al Haymon possibly had something to do with it).

When Sky refused to feature the McClosky fight on Box Office (at a price of £14.95), Khan - showing that same sense of entitlement (especially when his purse was said to have been cut by £1.5m) - took it onto Primetime, at which point it bombed.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:14 pm

Still think they are over playing expectations of the size of this fight.....

Froch and Groves were both different marmite characters (You either preferred one or the other)..........They had a great first fight...With controversy and an obvious dislike for eachother........

I'm pretty indifferent to Brook or Khan (Don't dislike either)......Have no real preference for who wins.........There is no grudge element and it could be a stinker...

Whether I'd buy it depends on the undercard...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Khan sees someone in Brook that can knock him out and make him look a bit foolish that is what gives him the shivers, Khan has the advantage in speed but that's about it really. Brook can hurt Khan but I don't think Khan can hurt Brook and lets be honest Alexanders timing isn't in Brooks league.

It is really quite simple and the past starts to mean less and less, Khan since Garcia has taken on a fairly simple run of opponents and is actively avoiding Brook. If he doesn't fight him next then I will continue to question his balls, something he hasn't shown any of for a while now.

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Khan sees someone in Brook that can knock him out and make him look a bit foolish that is what gives him the shivers, Khan has the advantage in speed but that's about it really. .

You don't know what Khan sees in Brook.....Leave it out !!

I see faster hands, a better jab and an Alexander type pasting....

Brook is untested..

After all who is Shawn Porter, only the guy who annihilated Malignaggi and beat Alexander, Khan hasn't actually ever beaten anyone as good as Porter nor would he stand up to the onslaught anyway.

I have to say I am a bit baffled here; You have claimed that Khan has taken on a run of easy opponents since Garcia, a run which has included the same Alexander that your using to hype up Shawn Porter in an effort to put Brook's win on a pedestal...you also use Malignaggi to back up Porters record; the same guy Khan beat 4 years prior (so you can't use the, Alexander was done after the Porter beating because by the same token that argument could be used for Malignaggi)...

For what it's worth I like both guys and would love to see a fight between them and inevitably think we will get it, whether it's this year is another thing. However I don't think you could possibly question Khan's record against that of Brook's unless your being completely ignorant of the formers.

Yes Brook has the better win at Welterweight in Porter, but that same Porter had only fought one true Welterweight in Alexander...a guy who Khan beat and beat far more convincingly.

Whilst he most definitely could have fought tougher opposition lately, it's easy to forget that Khan's fights weren't as easy as they appeared on the surface; Diaz for instance had just given the same Porter everyone is plumping up for Brooks record absolute fits holding him to a draw....only after Khan dealt with him (with difficulty admittedly) did Porter go back and get the job done.

As for questioning his balls; there was no guarantee the Mayweather fight wasn't happening at the time of the Alexander fight being made; he could have definitely taken an easier fight than that at the time. He also travelled to Washington to take on a consensus top 3 and rival in the division at the time; something he didn't have to do, he wasn't mandated to (like Brook was for Porter) he chose too. And if that wasn't enough lest we forget he chose to stand and trade with one of the most revered punchers in the division...having had his chin questioned numerous times..and yes there were times where Maidana made him trade, but there were also moments when Khan could have moved out of range and chose to be macho...stupid but certainly showed he has a pair.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:28 pm

Peterson was nowhere near the top three when he faced Khan, it was seen as a gimme fight at the time which he threw away with his inability to fight inside. It is also now 2015 so bringing up fights that happened over four years ago doesn't wash with me any more.

Lets be honest for a second Ozzy, Porter would give Khan absolute hell if they fought, he simply cannot deal with pressure fighters not that he'd get in the ring with him in the first place.

I don't use the Malignaggi and Alexander to big up Porter in the slightest, if you take a post out of context which you do a lot, being a prat and all that then you can infer different meanings from it. Truss has constantly said that Khan's wins over those two means a lot but hey presto in an attempt to justify his lack of balls he deems them irrelevant for Porter.

Brook is the one who holds a world title at the moment not Khan, with the latters insistence of waiting around for a payday that might never come he's becoming irrelevant. He constantly refers to Brook being an easy nights work but continues to avoid the fight through fear of losing and lose he would.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Peterson was nowhere near the top three when he faced Khan, it was seen as a gimme fight at the time which he threw away with his inability to fight inside. It is also now 2015 so bringing up fights that happened over four years ago doesn't wash with me any more.

Lets be honest for a second Ozzy, Porter would give Khan absolute hell if they fought, he simply cannot deal with pressure fighters not that he'd get in the ring with him in the first place.

I don't use the Malignaggi and Alexander to big up Porter in the slightest, if you take a post out of context which you do a lot, being a prat and all that then you can infer different meanings from it. Truss has constantly said that Khan's wins over those two means a lot but hey presto in an attempt to justify his lack of balls he deems them irrelevant for Porter.

Brook is the one who holds a world title at the moment not Khan, with the latters insistence of waiting around for a payday that might never come he's becoming irrelevant. He constantly refers to Brook being an easy nights work but continues to avoid the fight through fear of losing and lose he would.

I don't agree Porter would give Khan hell.................Wouldn't be able to cope with the speed or jab..

Me thinks you under sell Khan and over sell Brook.........

Who is untested..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:41 pm

This fight doesn't happen in 2015. Khan is talking up a fight in May and a fight at the end of the year with Ramadan falling inbetween (which rules out a 3 fight year).

If Khan gets a decent name @ 147 on his record and if Brook defends his belt again - the fight only gets bigger.

I don't believe either are particularly "scared" of one another as the sensationalists seem to suggest. Khan will feel he has the speed and technique to keep the fight long and shut out Brook and Brook believes he has the power to stop Khan - it's a great fight and one that will happen, but not in 2015.

Ozymandias

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:46 pm

I've seen the Khan - Porter fight in my crystal ball...........

Khan keeps smacking him as he tries to get inside and then a la Lewis v Tyson he stops trying to get inside because it's too painful and resorts to trying to win the lottery...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Peterson was nowhere near the top three when he faced Khan, it was seen as a gimme fight at the time which he threw away with his inability to fight inside. It is also now 2015 so bringing up fights that happened over four years ago doesn't wash with me any more.

I don't agree Porter would give Khan hell.................Wouldn't be able to cope with the speed or jab..

Who is untested..
Who is it that's been beaten by two decidedly average fighters that he should never have lost to? Call it complacency if you will but when Brook struggled with Carson Brook, he still managed the win. Khan's come through a tough nut in Maidana although I still believe that if he was a more accurate/less wasteful puncher, he'd have stopped Khan in that 10th round (but the kid pulled through so kudos to him for it) However, it can't be over-stated that for a fighter with his ability and skill set, there's no way he should have lost to Petersen or Garcia.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Who is untested..
Who is it that's been beaten by two decidedly average fighters that he should never have lost to? Call it complacency if you will but when Brook struggled with Carson Brook, he still managed the win. Khan's come through a tough nut in Maidana although I still believe that if he was a more accurate/less wasteful puncher, he'd have stopped Khan in that 10th round (but the kid pulled through so kudos to him for it) However, it can't be over-stated that for a fighter with his ability and skill set, there's no way he should have lost to Petersen or Garcia.

Always a chance Khan could get caught..........You're right.....

You could level Barkley at Hearns.....

But Khan is a level above and would have to be stupid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Who is untested..

Always a chance Khan could get caught..........You're right.....

You could level Barkley at Hearns.....

But Khan is a level above and would have to be stupid..
The boy's got form for it and Brook has a good inside game and is a bit of a spiteful puncher. People forget the first six rounds against Jones where he boxed beautifully

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:10 pm

The Yank being juiced to the eyeballs and no-longer the usual pushover might have had something to do with it also......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

The Yank being juiced to the eyeballs and no-longer the usual pushover might have had something to do with it also......
Being juiced has nothing to do with Khan being stupid enough to get points docked TWICE for shoving.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:19 pm

It has plenty to do with it when your previous pretty flimsy weak opponent can now keep coming in like a bull not matter what you fire back.

Yes Khan has little inside game and struggles with pressure, but the juiced LP he fought was nothing like the LP anyone would've expected.

Plus the points deductions always felt like hometown cooking.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:It has plenty to do with it when your previous pretty flimsy weak opponent can now keep coming in like a bull not matter what you fire back.

Yes Khan has little inside game and struggles with pressure, but the juiced LP he fought was nothing like the LP anyone would've expected.

Plus the points deductions always felt like hometown cooking.
Blatant and deliberate shoves, mate. Stupid and naïve of Khan to do it

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm

They were, but of the sort done by fighters every weekend without punishment.

Remember looking back through old youtube vids, Foreman was a thousand times worse in some of his fights than Khan was vs LP.

Lewis used to do it a bit too, plus the naughty trick of holding an opponents head with his left and landing with his right.

How many point deductions has Wlad suffered in his career for shoving, leaning, grappling etc? Did he get anything deducted in the Povetkin wrasslin' match?!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 3:58 pm

Don't want to get points deducted for pushing? Don't push!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:07 pm

Don't want to get beaten by Drug cheats ..take drugs? Just winding you up mate but that was the dodgiest fight in recent memory. Referee, Judges, IBF and Peterson all conspiring to beat Khan - I thought he still won it. He had little choice as peterson was barrelling into him aided by the testosterone.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I've seen the Khan - Porter fight in my crystal ball...........

Khan keeps smacking him as he tries to get inside and then a la Lewis v Tyson he stops trying to get inside because it's too painful and resorts to trying to win the lottery...

Must be the same crystal ball as when you called Algieri rubbish - be interesting to see how you start sticking your little verbal dinkler up his verbal back end when he ends up fighting Khan.

Interesting that you see Porter getting gun shy with Khan, didn't realise Khan was a big enough puncher to really worry someone who kept on coming at a genuine WW with a bigger punch (evidenced by the KO record: 57% vs 68%). I can't see many being all that worried about Khan's power, especially as he can't fight against guys who push him back.

Funny how he hasn't fought a rough and rugged fighter since Garcia... Wonder why that is.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm

Algieri is ordinary...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next