The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m

5 posters

Go down

newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m  Empty newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m

Post by Fernando Mon May 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Lille coach Rudi Garcia has revealed midfielder Yohan Cabaye is set to join Premier League club Newcastle United.

Cabaye has been an integral part of Lille's Double-winning team this season, however, he is now primed for a switch to St James' Park.

The 25-year-old has spent his entire career with Lille and is under contract with the Ligue 1 champions until 2013.

However, he has a clause in his deal allowing him to leave the club for 5million euros (£4.3m) this summer and he is ready to take advantage

Garcia said: "Yohan told us on Saturday that he had made the decision to join Newcastle.

"I respect his choice, even if I am disappointed because I would have liked to have continued with him."

Cabaye made his debut for the France national team against Norway last August and had also been linked with a move to Arsenal.

His signing will be a coup for Newcastle manager Alan Pardew and could form part of a double swoop on Lille amid rumours the Magpies are also chasing Ivory Coast attacker Gervinho.

But Garcia added: "They are all under contract. The only one who can leave is Yohan Cabaye.

"All others are under contract and, if desired, will be in the squad next season."

source: sky sports
link : http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_6959333,00.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m  Empty Re: newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Starting to question whether the Gervinho deal will go through now.

Back to top Go down

newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m  Empty Re: newcastle to sign cabaye from lille for 4.5m

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 30, 2011 1:14 pm

The signing of Gervinho could depend on how much Pardew offers. If he puts in a transfer request for around 12 million do you see them turning that down?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 1:39 pm

I think we'll be needing to bid around £15m+ for Gervinho. They've just won the league and will be going into the Champions League, and I suspect he'll want to give it a good go. They don't need to sell their best players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon May 30, 2011 2:20 pm

gervinho is going to liverpool for 13.5m apparently due to them missing out on ashley young.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon May 30, 2011 2:21 pm

just found this

Lille coach Rudi Garcia is adamant Gervinho is not for sale.

Gervinho has been linked with Newcastle United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

But after confirming Yohan Cabaye will be going to Newcastle, Garcia added, "They are all under contract.

"The only one who can leave is Yohan Cabaye. All others are under contract and, if desired, will be in the squad next season."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon May 30, 2011 2:50 pm

I think the Gervinho transfer will be down to the player then. If he stays at Lille he can play Champions League football next season or does he want to jump and play in the EPL. If a player wants to leave 9/10 he does no matter what a manager says.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Fernando, that's the same quote from above :P

Gervinho supposedly gave NUFC a verbal agreement and has stayed over at Newcastle throughout this season. Fingers crossed that our great reputation in France can convince him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Aint seen much of Cabaye, with Ben Arfa, Nolan, Tiote, Barton, Cabaye, Gutierrez, that's some quality midfield but we need strikers. Dont want Berbatov though

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Him and Ben Arfa will add some spice next season. Just need to bring in someone with a bit of height and power....to compliment them.

Oh hang on we have Leon Best Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh hang on we have Leon Best
I think Carlton Cole would be good for us, or Kevin Doyle who is a target man

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue May 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Ive never been massively impressed by Cole, but yeah Doyle could be a interesting one. We need someone as i Ameobi is incapable of doing it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 pm

Ive never been massively impressed by Cole, but yeah Doyle could be a interesting one. We need someone as i Ameobi is incapable of doing it.
Not sure about Gervinho, number 1 he doesnt know where he wants to go, number 2 he's untested and number 3 we could get Sturridge and Doyle for what we may pay for him.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue May 31, 2011 9:59 pm

PLus Lille are the french league champions so in the champions league....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Fee is rumoured to be around £10.5m, although I'm certain it'll end up more.

Really don't think Wolves would sell Doyle as they don't need the money- as for Sturridge, can't see Chelsea letting him go. Anelka and Drogba are getting on a bit and there's only Torres for them.

If we signed Carlton Cole I'd cry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh well Churchill....looks like we're relying on Sammy Ameobi....having the talent of the two brothers Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Oh well Churchill....looks like we're relying on Sammy Ameobi....having the talent of the two brothers Very Happy
It said in the paper today were the faves to get Ba, i like him, quality player

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down