The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode

5 posters

Go down

Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode Empty Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode

Post by Cumbrian Fri 24 Feb 2012, 7:51 am

Newcastle are re-signing Adam Balding to help beef out the back row (Probably means Ally Hogg is on his way too). They have also signed James Goode from the Ospreys, who is presumably Swinson's replacement. Can't say I know that much about it him though. Any Ospreys fans able to tell me about his strength's/ weaknesses or where he was in your pecking order? Ta OK

http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/balding-seals-falcons-move
http://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/news/story/falcons-land-goode
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode Empty Re: Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 8:29 am

james goode is a pretty solid player, but been nothing more than a squad player during his career. he played for the blues before going to new zealand to play club rugby. he came back to the ospreys but was behind alun wyn jones, ian evans, gough, ryan jones etc....decent player , but nothing spectacular.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode Empty Re: Newcastle Sign Adam Balding and James Goode

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:20 am

Balding will certainly add some grit & determination, but he's not the player he once was - nevertheless you can never fault his commitment, so good luck to him
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

I love Adam Balding's enthusiasm. Shame he is so thick he never released that you cannot keep running into a brick wall.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 24 Feb 2012, 10:37 am

LondonTiger wrote:I love Adam Balding's enthusiasm. Shame he is so thick he never released that you cannot keep running into a brick wall.

tomato Wink

Interesting signings coming through....

Balding, Stringer...aging hasbeens?...or experience to help keep us up short term....before we go with the large number of excellent youngsters from the accademy?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 24 Feb 2012, 11:14 am

Oops, I really should check my typos.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:20 pm

pioden gorllewin wrote:james goode is a pretty solid player, but been nothing more than a squad player during his career. he played for the blues before going to new zealand to play club rugby. he came back to the ospreys but was behind alun wyn jones, ian evans, gough, ryan jones etc....decent player , but nothing spectacular.

Cheers, so he seems a pretty poor replacement for the (I want to say talismanic, but I actually mean something else) Tim Swinson? I’m sure we’ll take to him, if he gives it his all. We need grafters at the minute after-all.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down