The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian

+7
Atila
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
hazharrison
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian - Page 2 Empty Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian

Post by hazharrison Mon 13 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/the-balls-of-wrath/2015/apr/13/great-rounds-boxing-history-barry-mcguigan-steve-cruz-15

It always puzzled me how McGuigan, a guy that beat opponents by having the heating turned up in the Kings Hall, succumbed to heat. How ironic..... Whistle

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

Styles make fights is one of the points I'm trying to make when it comes to not just automatically assuming that Sanchez outclasses Pedroza badly as most others seem to think he does, Truss. With Ford, I don't "hold it against" Sanchez but at the same time I'm not going to pretend that it isn't a bit of a blotch on the copy book that one of the greatest Featherweights of all time had such a torrid time of it against a guy who clearly didn't have much business running him close, regardless of styles.

Again, mentioning Sanchez's less than impressive showings isn't meant as a way to have a pop at him. I'm just questioning why he gets an easier time (a total pass, for all intents and purposes) on that front than others. I'm not daft enough to argue for Pedroza's resume over Sanchez's because evidently there's no argument there - Sanchez is clearly higher.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian - Page 2 Empty Re: Nice McGuigan Cruz Piece Up At Guardian

Post by Strongback Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:34 pm

If Barry had agreed to the Quigg fight he could still be a hero. Big mistake turning that fight down.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

Yes but you're making an irrelevant point Chris..........

My argument and Hammer's (I think)...............Is looking at the guy's record....

There ain't much there....

Who gives a toss If Duran struggled with Viruet in the first fight and couldn't get rid of him in 25 rounds over two fights??

I don't..........S**t happens..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2