The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly season transfer rumours (continued)....

+63
doctor_grey
pledgeX
DaveM
Hood83
TightHEAD
mikey_dragon
Cyril
BigTrevsbigmac
Moorsman
Cumbrian
Margin_Walker
exileray
bluestonevedder
ScarletSpiderman
HongKongCherry
thespreys
BamBam
No 7&1/2
sirtidychris
thomh
HammerofThunor
beshocked
jimbopip
Golden
21st Century Schizoid Man
broadlandboy
demosthenes
Seagultaf
Fanster
dragon4life
BigGee
rodders
Notch
Majestic83
sad_gimp
rosbif
Sgt_Pooly
nathan
B91212
The Saint
Bathite
lostinwales
InjuredYetAgain
propdavid_london
SirBurger
king_carlos
Driver
sunburyboy
Ozzy3213
Welly
Fluxy
WELL-PAST-IT
LondonTiger
shuren34
RDW
Geordie
formerly known as Sam
whocares
LeinsterFan4life
Bathman_in_London
Rugby Fan
yappysnap
George Carlin
67 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Silly season transfer rumours (continued).... - Page 16 Empty Silly season transfer rumours (continued)....

Post by George Carlin Tue 14 Apr 2015, 7:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Continuation of the previous thread from the esteemed Mister GeordieFalcon:
https://www.606v2.com/t57129-silly-season-transfer-rumours
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours (continued).... - Page 16 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours (continued)....

Post by lostinwales Sun 30 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm

Still - would be fun having Beshocked talk him up all the time if he did move

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours (continued).... - Page 16 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours (continued)....

Post by beshocked Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:10 am

lostinwales Manu is a very talented player. Great attacking weapon, needs to work on getting his wingers involved though.

It's his disciplinary issues that let him down like the likes of Ashton and Hartley.Would be ironic if he ended up in the same club as Ashton!

If he came to Saracens I would be pleased. It would be a risk because of his injuries and discipline but he's got a lot of strengths.

I have always said that I thought Tigers would have won the 2010-11 final if Manu hadn't been banned from punching Ashton - still find it amusing that Ashton helped his future club win the AP....

Sam didn't look after Manu well enough evidently as he pushed two policewomen.

Welly it's never just about the money - perhaps Manu doesn't want to carry the Tigers side on his broad shoulders any more. Tigers looked toothless in attack without Manu last season. Perhaps Mauger - new attack coach will fix it but it's not a cast iron guarantee. Maybe he feels a bond with fellow pacific islanders Billy and Mako - Billy did offer to be Manu's bodyguard.

Any way it's just speculation at the moment.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:16 am

I think it would be poor if he moved after Leicester have shown patience with his injuries?

How many games has he played in the last season +

Any way keep an eye on our 13 Chris Harris. He was outstanding v Georgia on Friday night...he's bulked up quite a bit and was putting some huge hits on people...yet still scored a great try running with pace and a great angle.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:17 am

TBH he has hardly carried the team considering he has played 14 games in the past 2 seasons.

I don't have an little idea of what is going on now.

And will say there is a chance Manu is leaving but there still is a chance it is France. But it has nothing to do with playing style I gather.

Nadolo has apparently said he wouldn't mind going AP again if a team would take him.

Mauger make the call Damn you! we have the fijian links and he was McCaffreys roomate @ Waratahs.

Going to the Argentina game sat so will see if I can find out some more info, Also be interesting to see the style as our last pre-season games reflected our style for the rest of season.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:31 am

Welly carried the side was wrong - I should have said he's carried the attack. You've relied on him for go forward and without him have in my opinion been sorely lacking. Goneva has to some degree but not as much as Tuilagi.

You've still got a strong pack but it's behind where you haven't been as strong.

Look at the try count - too low. Sure you've still been winning a fair few games but against the best sides most of the time it wasn't good enough.

I expect Leicester will fight tooth and nail to keep Manu because he's your star man in the backs (I think he's more integral than B.Youngs).

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:42 am

BamBam wrote:Rumours of Tuilagi joining Sarries for 2016/17

Sarries still need to shed some more players so that they are under the cap before that can happen.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:47 am

Don't think the cap bothers Sarries to much to be honest Wink

Beshocked true but then again that where Mauger is hopefully to come in:

Sounds like we are focusing on basic rugby done well (Usual NZ stuff I guess) I expect we will have more options with Betham being added and Mauger being a most experienced attacking coach we have had for a while. It's getting rid of rugby that MOC had us playing with the likes of Manu and Alex.

Agree re Manu V Youngs and with Youngs we have Harrison who IMO is a good enough player to be starter at most other clubs in the AP.

Nadolo, Manu, Betham and goneva in a backline now that would be interesting throw in Dagg as well for extra measure Wink and we are sorted.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:55 am

Welly that has been true in the past, but there is a reason they have been shedding players left right and centre and not replacing them.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

I think the halt to the investigation into cap breaches was only agreed on the basis that clubs got their houses in order and no longer took the pee. Bath and Sarries have both cut loose players on significant wages and not really replaced either. Manu is also not available as a marquee player to complicate matters further.

When fit Manu is an X factor player and any team would want him. He will be keeping his cards close to his chest as he monitors how well Tigers are playing, how much all the interested parties are offering and whether Lancaster will bring him back into the England fold. If Tigers look rejuvenated this season and he plays in the 6N he'll sign up.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 02 Sep 2015, 9:38 am

Tigers tried and failed to sign JDV according to Cockers

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 02 Sep 2015, 10:58 am

If he proves his fitness and form, Lancaster would be nuts not to bring him in to the squad as we know how good he is.

Its up to him to take the shirt off Joseph now, if both are playing well that is great news for England

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 02 Sep 2015, 11:04 am

Yeah Sgt apparently a deal could not be done. Whether that was money or length of contract I don't know. We're famously tight fisted with wages and only wanted someone for a year as we have a target for next summer so the rumours go.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 02 Sep 2015, 12:13 pm

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 02 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34124236

Ospreys need a TH badly (even with Jarvis and Suter available). Not so sure this guy is the answer?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 02 Sep 2015, 2:48 pm

Tomas is a hugely frustrating guy.

He has a lazy look to his game but the big thing is he misses consistency. for 7 games out of 8 he'll be half hearted and a decent TH...then for the 8th game he will produce a performance that is seriously top drawer...smashing tackles, hitting the breakdown, dominating the scrum.

On that form I would have him in a shot....you just rarely see THAT form!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 02 Sep 2015, 3:03 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34124236

Ospreys need a TH badly (even with Jarvis and Suter available). Not so sure this guy is the answer?
To be fair, he looks more like a prop in that picture than just about any prop I have ever seen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 03 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm

Worcester sign Donnacha O'Callaghan. He may be well past his best but that level of experience in a squad fighting for survival will be very valuable. Especially in the winter month mud baths.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 03 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

Good signing for Worcester. As long as age doesn't effect his ability to stay fit in a league that takes its toll on the body he should be a real asset and add some steel to the engine room.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 08 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm

Victor Matfield to Northampton Saints.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by pledgeX Tue 08 Sep 2015, 7:15 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Victor Matfield to Northampton Saints.

Just seen that. Bit of an odd choice imo. Classy player but we need to spend on a big 8 to replace Manoa.

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 08 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm

Very odd, hardly compliments Lawes

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 08 Sep 2015, 7:30 pm

As Lawes is normally partnered by Day for the Saints I think it's in keeping with their second row balance. That's the second lock they've signed this summer. It was a area that needed strengthening but James Craig must be somewhat irked to find himself that far down the pecking order.

As Pledge says it does nothing to help the lack of carrying power they are now suffering with Manoa gone. Asking a lot of Dickinson especially given his injury history. Unless Gibson is going back to playing 8...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by pledgeX Tue 08 Sep 2015, 7:46 pm

Just read that Matfield's in the SA squad. That makes even less sense. I had assumed he was not included so could be used partially as cover for Lawes whilst he's on duty for (hopefully) the next few months

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 08 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm

Yeah I'll echo. Great player in his time and still but I'm not sure he's what they need.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:00 pm

Renders the signing of Paterson a bit pointless.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:18 pm

I can only guess they were desperate to fill a second Marquee spot.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:25 pm

Leaves them with Lawes, Paterson, Day, Craig and Matfield. Will allow the rotation they neglected in prior seasons. Still a marquee spot available and they couldn't find a monster eight with the hands of a centre to fill it? They'll have a cracking line out next season at least and Matfield is an intelligent leader, I hope Lawes takes his notebook to training.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 08 Sep 2015, 10:01 pm

Matfield was a passenger for the Bulls this year and is in the Bok squad on reputation alone.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Leaves them with Lawes, Paterson, Day, Craig and Matfield. Will allow the rotation they neglected in prior seasons. Still a marquee spot available and they couldn't find a monster eight with the hands of a centre to fill it? They'll have a cracking line out next season at least and Matfield is an intelligent leader, I hope Lawes takes his notebook to training.

Well that's one benefit definitely.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:37 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34207113

Big signing for Wasps

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

BamBam wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34207113

Big signing for Wasps
Wow - that's a smart piece of business by Wasps.

Very, very surprised that Ulster were seemingly forced to let that happen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:57 am

Can't remember when him signing for Ulster was announced, but I think it must have been assumed he'd definitely be at the RWC at the time, but since then Naholo and Milner Skudder have jumped ahead of him

I can't remember another player who has been banned from playing Super Rugby in the lead up to his move though, thats a strange one.

Wade, Halai and Piutau are one hell of a back 3 though!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

Piutau didn't meet the threshold for a Super Rugby contract. When he didn't make the ABs I didn't think him signing for Ulster was the reason. But now I suspect it was a contributing factor. Was a fair enough move by the NZRU to cut a player that wasn't committed to the cause.

"Piutau had hoped to play for the Blues in next season's Super Rugby competition before linking up with Ulster but the move was blocked by New Zealand Rugby, who wanted to protect the pathway to national teams.

He didn't meet the threshold for a Super Rugby contract only, which requires New Zealand eligible players to have played Super Rugby level for at least five years".

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11511106

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:25 pm

How does that work ebop?

Does that mean he won't be able to get a contract with a Super Rugby side if he decides to go back after 2 years with Ulster?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2015, 12:47 pm

Nah, he should walk back into a Super Rugby contract when/if he comes back if he's good enough. It seems the NZRU didn't want to do him any favours with a short contract at the Blues knowing that he'd be off to Ulster and thus not be eligible for the ABs that year. Seems a bit spiteful but I guess they're protecting themselves. Piutau signing for Ulster didn't go down too well with the NZRU.  They were blindsided by that signing as they were under the impression he was committed to NZ rugby. But $2 mill is a lot of money so who could blame him.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 10 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm

Don't blame NZRU if Piatau goes back to the Blues he'll spent half a season making minimum effort and coasting like he did all last season. Whilst he's doing that he'll be stopping a young player coming through. Milner-Scudder went from nobody to international in one full season at the Canes I suppose NZRU would rather give someone a chance emulate that feat that pay Piatau.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:07 pm

Piutau was one of the best back three players in the world this year and I am amazed the All Blacks didn't pick him. He will absolutely destroy teams in Europe.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 10 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm

They haven't picked him because he wants to be away, no other reason

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Fri 11 Sep 2015, 8:33 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:They haven't picked him because he wants to be away, no other reason

I'm not sure that is true though as he was picked in NZ's early summer matches which occurred after he had announced his signature for Ulster. It looks more like he just wasn't selected.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 11 Sep 2015, 10:50 am

Brian Mujati to Sale now too.

Lots of good signings recently.

Mujati was always a fan favouriteast time he was in the Prem, I think with Diamonds coaching he'll do well at Sale too

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

I thought Mujati had been announced ages ago Yappy.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 11 Sep 2015, 12:30 pm

SirBurger wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:They haven't picked him because he wants to be away, no other reason

I'm not sure that is true though as he was picked in NZ's early summer matches which occurred after he had announced his signature for Ulster. It looks more like he just wasn't selected.

He played better for the ABs then he did in the Super 15 but it looks like he wasn't going as a centre and the ABs have selected four. The two power wingers Savea and Naholo were going as they are try scoring machines, Ben Smith was always going which left him competing with Milner-Scudder for the utility back role and Milner-Scudder deservedly got that spot.

I think he paid the price for a lacklustre Super 15 campaign. Same as Dagg.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Fri 11 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm

yappysnap wrote:Brian Mujati to Sale now too.

Mujati was always a fan favouriteast time he was in the Prem, I think with Diamonds coaching he'll do well at Sale too

I wouldn't have minded him back at Saints, we need cover if Brookes is going to be in the England squads. We are short on quality TDs, Denman doesn't cut it for me. I miss the grunt the crowd give whenever he got the ball.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Sep 2015, 1:20 am

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Brian Mujati to Sale now too.

I wouldn't have minded him back at Saints, we need cover if Brookes is going to be in the England squads. We are short on quality TDs, Denman doesn't cut it for me. I miss the grunt the crowd give whenever he got the ball.
How has Mujati got on in France? Was he doing well? Saints fans liked him a lot.

I understand Victor Matfield signed for Saints for the season after the RWC. Would have preferred the 2007 model, but I am sure he can add some steel and leadership to the club.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Sep 2015, 6:35 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:I thought Mujati had been announced ages ago Yappy.
He was because I remember being royally browned off about 8 weeks ago that Glasgow missed out on him.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

Manu ----> Toulouse
Picamoles----> Saints/Sarries

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:57 am

Manu Tuilagi to Toulouse??

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

Manu for next season I assume. His agent likes to get the rumours out there to strengthen his negotiation position with Tigers. Last time he was linked with France and a year in the Super 15.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:58 pm

Do people honestly think Manu will leave Tigers when his contract is up? or is this just agent talk?

As an outsider i'd be disappointed if he did leave as he brings something special to the league and it looks like Tigers have treated him well throughout his injuries and disciplinaries.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 25 Sep 2015, 1:59 pm

I could see him going to France sounds like he has fallen out with Lancaster

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next