The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFA Player of the Year nominees released

+6
Fernando
JDizzle
Hammersmith harrier
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
10 posters

Go down

PFA Player of the Year nominees released Empty PFA Player of the Year nominees released

Post by Crimey Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Diego Costa, Philippe Coutinho, David De Gea, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane and Alexis Sánchez for the main award.

Philippe Coutinho, David De Gea, Eden Hazard, Harry Kane, Thibaut Courtois and Raheem Sterling for the young player award.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

PFA Player of the Year nominees released Empty Re: PFA Player of the Year nominees released

Post by Crimey Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:09 pm

I think Coutinho being on there shows that a lot of players are too heavily influenced by current form, he's been great over the past few months but the rest of the season he's been average. 

Expecting De Gea to possibly win both.

I think if you're nominated for one, you shouldn't be nominated for the other. That was for the young award we could see more young players recognised.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

PFA Player of the Year nominees released Empty Re: PFA Player of the Year nominees released

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Think Kane will win at least one. De Gea would be my pick

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 pm

If it were me, Hazard for POTY award & De Gea for the Young POTY. Kane has been brilliant, tough competition though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Hazard will win the main award, Kane will win young player.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:24 pm

It's a bit nonsensical to have Hazard winning the main award but not the young players award too, it's between him and De Gea for both.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:34 pm

I don't think De Gea or Hazard should be eligible for the young players award. They're both 24 which is too old in my book. I'm sure it used to be 21 and under.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:I don't think De Gea or Hazard should be eligible for the young players award. They're both 24 which is too old in my book. I'm sure it used to be 21 and under.

It has always been twenty-three or under (at the start of the season).

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Crimey wrote:
Nakatomi Plaza wrote:I don't think De Gea or Hazard should be eligible for the young players award. They're both 24 which is too old in my book. I'm sure it used to be 21 and under.

It has always been twenty-three or under (at the start of the season).

Everyday's a school day. De Gea would surely be the oldest YPFA winner.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Hazard and Kane for me. I always feel like the Young Players should go to someone who has made the breakthrough that season, hence Kane over DDG and Hazard.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Sky Sports ran a vote about who should win. Unsurprisingly got hi-jacked by Arsenal fans Laugh It appears Sky doing everything with 101%

Alexis - 40%
Coutinho - 19%
Hazard - 19%
De Gea - 16%
Kane - 4%
Costa - 3%

PFA Player of the Year nominees released CCvrgp9UIAAmvO8
PFA Player of the Year nominees released CCvrhsVUIAAquPB

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Fernando wrote:It appears Sky doing everything with 101%

Or you know they rounded up the individual numbers?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:02 am

IF you hadnt put those images in I would never have believed you Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:01 am

David de Gea for player and Harry Kane for young player of the season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 am

Will be Kane as he was on a good run At voting time.

De gea been brilliant but less time to shine as our form has improved.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 am

I agree with Hammer that if you win best player and are on the young player's list then logic dictates you win that one as well (if you are the best player this year and young, then by definition you are also the best young player).

And let's be honest the 3 front-runners are Hazard, De Gea and Kane so...

Perhaps "young" should be replaced by "emerging" (young + first n seasons in the PL)?

I would like to see De Gea win (and I say this as a massive Hazard fan) - he has been immense for Man Utd. There was a time where he was regularly making incredible saves to win them points. But Hazard or Kane would also be worthy winners IMO.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Hazard will win POTY and Kane will win YPOTY.

I personally think De Gea deserves both.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Hazard main award/Kane Young award would be my choices.

Kane doesn't deserve the main award over Hazard. He scored 19 goals, only two more than Austin, it's not like he's banged 30 PL goals. The Belgian has been consistently brilliant & led Chelsea to the title. Kane has done exceptional & should probably win the Young POTY. Feel for De Gea because his exploits have probably been more influential in getting Man U a top 4, whereas Kane hasn't fired Spurs to anything really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Keepers get a raw deal. If an outfield player was performing in the way De Gea has, ie deciding games on regular basis, then he'd be guaranteed to win it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down