The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed

+10
Strongback
Herman Jaeger
Nico the gman
Dipper Brown
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
Guest82
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Derbymanc
14 posters

Go down

Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed Empty Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed

Post by Derbymanc Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 5:25

https://www.facebook.com/pages/V2-Boxing/721861291231151?ref=bookmarks

Did we all expect anything else, or is this still a bit of a body blow?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed Empty Re: Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 5:38

If Quigg fights Donaire then no complaints really although I think he gets beat as I think Nonito has enough to put him on his back

Tis a shame but lets be honest not a shock, keep both of them away from Rigo and keep LSC away from Quigg then they should both stay unbeaten

Back to top Go down

Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed Empty Re: Joe Gallagher says the Quigg-Frampton ship has sailed

Post by Derbymanc Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 5:40

Big question for me is if Quigg fights Donaire or Rigo, loses but it's a close fight, does he lose any stock with the boxing fans or does his stock rise due to the fact he's seen as a bit of a joke at the minute?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 5:42

Derbymanc wrote:Big question for me is if Quigg fights Donaire or Rigo, loses but it's a close fight, does he lose any stock with the boxing fans or does his stock rise due to the fact he's seen as a bit of a joke at the minute?

Good question, if its close then yea he gains credit, gets wiped out or loses every round he's a joke of a champ and was feeding off poor opposition

He will lose every round to Rigo imo and can see Donaire cleaning him out although it'll be close untill the stoppage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:19

Big Ed announcing two 'major international fights tomorrow' one is a 'monster'

Frampton Quigg surely?
Smith v Ward?

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:24

Quigg v Donaire hopefully, if Frampton is off the table.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:30

Quigg v Donaire sounds more like Godzuki than Godzilla...

In fairness to Eddie.....1.5 million for a 122 pounder was more than resonable....

My guess is give it a year and Frampo will be a free agent..

Seeing Mcguigan on fight night week after week he looked like a complete egotistical Muppet...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:37

Guest82 wrote:Big Ed announcing two 'major international fights tomorrow' one is a 'monster'

Frampton Quigg surely?
Smith v Ward?

Sky are announcing two major international fights not Matchroom/Hearn, one is happening in April and the other is in May, can't think of any available big fights this weekend.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:37

Better to lose to a good fighter than fight nobody, Derby. That's the way I see it. Quigg is stagnating without an opponent. He can rebuild from a loss, right now all he has is a local (ish) rival that he's isn't fighting and a belt that doesn't mean much. Needs a fight, win or lose.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 6:44

All when and good If you can come back from a devastating loss..

Quigg has no option but to fight a quality opponent is the bottom line and if it's Donaire I hope he wins..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 7:45

Hope Quigg's not going to go on the Junior Witter road of what might have been.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 7:48

Donaire fighting in Macau next up so won't be against Quigg.

Frustrating division the super bantams, fans getting impatient, some good fighters, getting boring talking about which of them is the best.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 8:39

The top four which is fairly unique have had 97 fights without tasting defeat Herman, aside from Rigondeaux that boils down to selective matchmaking all round.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 9:08

If they haven't boxed each other by the end of next year they probably never will, Santa Cruz is tied up for a while think he's got Mares after his next one, frustrating for Frampton and Quigg you can tell they both want to fight each other. But looks like Eddy's not prepared to compromise.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 9:44

I wish Joe Gallagher's ship would sail.  What a mouth piece.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 17:43

Quigg v unknown Asian on undercard is imminent. Which Eddie will blame on Carl.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 19:07

If Quigg does get Donaire/Rigo (over here) then Hearn could arguably be thinking that if he beats him then Barry Mac has to give ground on who promotes the Frampton showdown and what TV channel it goes on. Lest we not forget not many even knew Frampton was fighting on terrestrial (casual punters), Cyclone Promotions don't hold a candle to Matchroom (not even Strongy could disagree with that... wait..) in terms of resource to promote the show.

This is Hatton vs Witter all over again.

I wish Joe Gallagher's ship would sail. What a mouth piece.

Don't worry fella a load of people wish the same on Barry "I'm reliving my own career through Frampton and it's all about me me me" Mac.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 19:42

Isn't LSC moving up a division? Or is that just temporary?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 19:55

Coxy001 wrote:If Quigg does get Donaire/Rigo (over here) then Hearn could arguably be thinking that if he beats him then Barry Mac has to give ground on who promotes the Frampton showdown and what TV channel it goes on. Lest we not forget not many even knew Frampton was fighting on terrestrial (casual punters), Cyclone Promotions don't hold a candle to Matchroom (not even Strongy could disagree with that... wait..) in terms of resource to promote the show.

This is Hatton vs Witter all over again.

I wish Joe Gallagher's ship would sail.  What a mouth piece.

Don't worry fella a load of people wish the same on Barry "I'm reliving my own career through Frampton and it's all about me me me" Mac.

Putting Quigg v Frampton to one side Gallagher is still a clown.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 19:57

Especially how he used Kerry Kayes. And leeched on to Khan.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 20:01

Does anyone even care about Quigg and Gallagher anymore? He hasn't fought anyone of note in over two years and is dragging his feet.

Surely he needs to fight someone in the top 10 sooner rather than later.

Brook was getting as much stick for less (me included), but he stepped it up and beat a champion in his back yard. I know he hasn't fought much since due to his injury etc but he still went over and fought the champ and actually proved himself.

I'm yet to see that from Quigg.

At least Frampton beat a world champion in Kiko who had gone on a very good run in his career....and he beats him twice over.

I'm not so sure about Quigg, he annoys me a lot, seems very plain and just not a good fighter in my eyes.

He is being protected from the likes of Rigo, LSC, Kiko, Carl etc

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 20:04

mobilemaster8 wrote:Does anyone even care about Quigg and Gallagher anymore? He hasn't fought anyone of note in over two years and is dragging his feet.

Surely he needs to fight someone in the top 10 sooner rather than later.

Brook was getting as much stick for less (me included), but he stepped it up and beat a champion in his back yard. I know he hasn't fought much since due to his injury etc but he still went over and fought the champ and actually proved himself.

I'm yet to see that from Quigg.

At least Frampton beat a world champion in Kiko who had gone on a very good run in his career....and he beats him twice over.

I'm not so sure about Quigg, he annoys me a lot, seems very plain and just not a good fighter in my eyes.

He is being protected from the likes of Rigo, LSC, Kiko, Carl etc

But......but.......but Quigg called Frampton out and showed a cheque. Surely thats got to mean something!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 20:06

Whilst agree with everyone on Quiggs career stagnating, i'm not sure we should be tearing him down over Frampton until we see who the pair of them face next.

If he faces one of the top men and Framps opts for Martinez pt 3 then he deserves a bit of slack. Bear in mind as well that even Framptons camp has said Quigg wants it.

Dipper, my biggest worry with Quigg is that he's just stagnated to a point where he won't be able to lift him up and show his full potential. You can't keep fighting inferior talent and not have it affect yourself as you don't learn anything.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 20:23

Quigg will not fight any top contender.

I would be surprise if they even went anywhere near Avalos.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:19

One of the fights is Anthony Dirrells first defence against Badou Jack on Friday, can only assume the May fight is Degale against the other Dirrell.

Hearn gets a lot of flak but in May alone five of his boxers have big world title fights coming up, none of whom are a gimme, it could be a very very good month for British boxing.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:28

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Quigg v unknown Asian on undercard is imminent. Which Eddie will blame on Carl.
Now I dislike the man as much as anyone but even I fail to see how that fight can be seen as Froch's fault

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:32

DAVE667 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Quigg v unknown Asian on undercard is imminent. Which Eddie will blame on Carl.
Now I dislike the man as much as anyone but even I fail to see how that fight can be seen as Froch's fault

Because Carl won't fight anyone, Eddie needs a PPV date hence why he tried to goad Frampton in with his publicity stunt. Its all the Cobras fault.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 22:36

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Because Carl won't fight anyone, Eddie needs a PPV date hence why he tried to goad Frampton in with his publicity stunt. Its all the Cobras fault.

You put it like that, it all makes perfect sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015 - 23:50

Dont knock the logic Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down