The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.

+6
catchweight
Mr Bounce
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
Herman Jaeger
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.  Empty Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:39 pm

I think Gallagher's stock has dropped and rightly so...A stinking loss should always reflect..

But in fairness it's not as easy to read fights outside the ring..As 606 and SKY scoring on Froch Groves 2 suggests..

The fighter himself should know if he is being out worked..Any 5 year old could count that Frampo was throwing more...Statements like "He was hitting my gloves means bo diddle do dee when your punches are crap too and less are being chucked...Why give the judges the chance to give Frampo the round if you thought you were working equally as hard ??..

When you win a big stinker fans will write it off as a disappointing win...When you lose a stinker it is back to square one..

Blame Quigg..He blew it..everything else was minor cheese..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.  Empty Re: Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 08 Apr 2016, 2:23 pm

He would have upped his work rate in the fifth but broke his jaw in the fourth, so had to take round five off. Hasn't this been explained already? Do we really need another thread on it? It's been done and dusted surely..

He ddidnt blow it as much as you make out- unlucky in a sense but Frampton fans will say cracking punch which of course it was.

I might just favour Scotty in a rematch but Carl boxed a great fight, you can't take anything away from him. Got it right on the night.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.  Empty Re: Quigg to blame...Gallagher shouldn't be blamed for Frampton.

Post by Rodney Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:17 pm

I think its Quigg's style to be honest, he tucks up trying to land the perfect punch. He done absolutely next to nothing for 7/8 rounds against Salinas and got away with a draw. I was in attendance against Frampton and I'll say it again Quigg is the worst fighter I've seen who supposed to hold a version of a world title, no foot movement and so crude. As for Gallagher - of course he should take a bo11ocking, 20000 could see the way the fight was going and it took him 6 rounds to give Quigg some sort of riot act.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 08 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

Doesn't really say much for Frampton though does it Rodney that he failed to convince in beating Quigg.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 4:54 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:He would have upped his work rate in the fifth but broke his jaw in the fourth, so had to take round five off. Hasn't this been explained already? Do we really need another thread on it? It's been done and dusted surely..

He ddidnt blow it as much as you make out- unlucky in a sense but Frampton fans will say cracking punch which of course it was.

I might just favour Scotty in a rematch but Carl boxed a great fight, you can't take anything away from him. Got it right on the night.

In the 4th round...He lost three rounds to a guy who won them cheaply..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:11 pm

If he 'd put his foot on the gas too early he may have blew up that might have been in the back of his mind, but for sure needed to up it a couple of rounds before he did and it might have been very tight.

But Frampton was very elusive and controlled the range well, let's not take anything away from his performance, boxed a great fight. He won the first half just as much as Quigg giving it away.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

Frampo won 3 rounds without hardly trying because like BJS he knows when he's doing enough.

Should have made him win them..

The kid was burgled while he was in the house..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 08 Apr 2016, 5:46 pm

I think that Truss has a point here. It's all so often mentioned in the press how managers and coaches get sacked because a football team's doing badly - but they are not the ones on the pitch. Despite playing like a bunch of idiots, the players are very rarely fired. It's always the coaches that cop the flak.

In the same way, the trainer can't force the fighter to punch his opponent, but it's pretty obvious that's what's going to be coming back at him. After the second round, Quigg should have realised himself that he was 2 rounds down and gone to work. he would not have needed a trainer to see that. Standing back and throwing the occasional pot shot won't win you much, especially at Super-Bantam. (Granted Haye managed it against Valuev, but that was a bit of an unusual case due to the size and speed difference.)

I genuinely thought that Quigg would be able to get to Frampton, but he simply was not good enough. Props to Frampton for that, At this weight, workrate really counts. Quigg did not do enough and should have been aware of that.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:34 pm

Think they both deserve the blame but Gallagher was definately poor. Not much point having a corner man and strategist if you are expected to figure it out yourself anyway. Quigg definately upped his game when he learned the fight was almost lost and Gallagher only told him this when he had been told Sky's scoring. I think it highlighted a lack judgement. A bit ironic given how he tried to make the whole trainer thing personal.

Was a disspaointing fight, felt both fighters were overly tentative but with Frampton stealing the rounds he had no incentive to change things. Quigg let the fight drift, Gallagher didnt seem to notice. We saw a what might have been from round 7 or 8 on. I think this fight could have been a barnstormer a year or two ago. But the occasion and the stakes made both boxers conservative and afraid to make any mistakes.

A trainer cant really make his boxer fight better but in this case I really think Gallagher should really have figured out the fight was slipping a way. I mean thats his job really - to advise his fighter and provide strategic and tactical advice. Even Nick Halling could have told Quigg he needed to change things sooner. I dont think the gamelan for Quigg and Gallagher played to their strengths anyway. Hes supposed to be a fitness machine and strong at the weight with Frampton supposedly the better boxer but not as fit and less comfortable making weight. But for the first 6 rounds they boxed Framptons fight and didnt press their advantages.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 08 Apr 2016, 9:42 pm

The fighter coming off the worst performance of his career, beat the fighter coming off his biggest win. Both guys are to blame.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:04 pm

Didn't quigg once say he trusts Joe completely??

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:13 pm

He did, also joe once said quigg lost the first 6 rounds against Salinas as part of a plan

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:36 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:He did, also joe once said quigg lost the first 6 rounds against Salinas as part of a plan

Haha guess he didn't get the memo it wasn't 15 rounds!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Sat 09 Apr 2016, 8:15 am

Never understood why Gallagher fighters always have pretty much his entire stable in the their dressing room and in the ring with them. Seems a little contrived and too many cooks and that........

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

melv500 wrote:Never understood why Gallagher fighters always have pretty much his entire stable in the their dressing room and in the ring with them. Seems a little contrived and too many cooks and that........

If they are close friends then why not.....The ring is a lonely place it's nice to have support around you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down