The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prizefighter

3 posters

Go down

Prizefighter Empty Prizefighter

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 10:25 pm

With Prizefighter the Welterweight 2 coming up next week I wondered what division in boxing would serve up the best Prizefighter?

You can pick any 8 boxers from the weight you choose as long as they had their last fight at that weight. You are also allowed 1 fighter from the weight immediately below/above.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter Empty Re: Prizefighter

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 30 May 2011, 10:35 pm

LIGHTWEIGHT

KEVIN MITCHELL V ANDY MURRAY
GAVIN REES V JOHN MURRAY
ALEX ARTHUR V ANTHONY CROLLA
DERRY MATTHEWS V JOHN WATSON

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 30 May 2011, 10:35 pm

Bantamweight- Donaire, Moreno, Agbeko, Darchinyan, Montiel, Mares, Perez, Kameda. Would certainly be a cracker.

Super-Middleweight would serve up a brilliant one too.

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 30 May 2011, 10:39 pm

World, Light welterweights

KHAN V BRADLEY BRADLEY W PTS 3
ALEXANDER V PETERSON ALEXANDER W PTS 3
MAIDANA V MORALES 2 MORALES W PTS 3
MATTHYSSE V JUDAH 2 MATTHYSSE W KO 2

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 10:45 pm

Steven_89 wrote:World, Light welterweights

KHAN V BRADLEY BRADLEY W PTS 3
ALEXANDER V PETERSON ALEXANDER W PTS 3
MAIDANA V MORALES 2 MORALES W PTS 3
MATTHYSSE V JUDAH 2 MATTHYSSE W KO 2

I would have went for LWW as well but I would have had Holt in it just for his punching power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 30 May 2011, 11:34 pm

I would have went for LWW as well but I would have had Holt in it just for his punching power.
Holt's a good fighter, better than Judah and Matthysse, but he lost to Mabuza and quit which worried me because 2 or 3 years ago he would of destroyed Mabuza.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 11:51 pm

140lbs
Quarter finals
1 Bradley v Holt- Holts only hope would be to land a big shot and stop Bradley who would get favour from the judges in prizefighter because of his aggression. Judges at prizefighter always favour aggression. Bradley would just keep coming forward and is too smart to get caught by Holt now he has improved a lot since their fight. Bradley UD

2 Khan v Peterson- Khan would just walk through Petersons best shots just like he did with Mallignaggi. I could see Khan landing some decent shots as Peterson doesn't have the tightest of defences. After a pretty cagey first round I would expect Khan to go after Peterson in the 2nd and stop him in the 2nd. Khan KO 3

3 Judah v Alexander- I could see Judah winning this Alexander has never impressed me I just never got what the hype was about. Judah is too quick and has a good dig. I could see Alexander being very cautious the whol 3 rounds with Judah being the aggressor and similarly to Bradley getting favour with the judges on aggression. Judah UD

4 Maidana v Morales- Unlike the first Maidana would be better prepared and not suprised by what Morales has to offer. I think the 3 round format suits Maidana. Who would win the first 2 rounds with his come forward aggression forcing Morales to come after Maidana in the 3rd and Maidana to stop him with a big straight right. Maidana TKO 3

Semi-finals
Bradley v Khan- Over 3 rounds I really fancy Bradley to win. I can see him starting quickly and catching Khan in the first round. Kahn doesn't react well when he is hit he sometimes takes a round to get over it. I can see him not getting over it in time to turn it round. Bradley UD 3

Judah v Maidana- Maidana would be his usual come forward aggressive self but I can see him struggling with the southpaw who is still very quick. I can't see the one dimensional Maidana working out Judah over 3 rounds and can see Zab just hitting and moving to a comfy UD. Judah UD.

Final
Bradley v Judah- Bradley would be the aggressor in this one but I can't see him coping well with Judahs speed. Bradley is wide open at times and Judah would be able to keep him off with his punching power over 3 rounds.
Judah UD
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down