The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup rd 3 (Books)

+21
Adam D
Rowley
Roller_Coaster
Trebs
Silver
The Womble
dancingweeman
seanmichaels
rIck_dAgless
ChequeredJersey
The Boss
superflyweight
Hammersmith harrier
Galted
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Dolphin Ziggler
JuliusHMarx
kingraf
Azzy
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
25 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

What is the best piece of fiction written by a European?

Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap2%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap7%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap5%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_lcap9%Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 44

Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Empty Culture Cup rd 3 (Books)

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 20 May - 16:01

First topic message reminder :

Round 2 of the Culture Cup 2.0 finally comes to an end, and what a controversial round it turned out to be.  There were accusations of vote rigging (by me, about Adam.  I still think he has cheated), arguments, swearing and threats of physical violence.  But, that’s what great art does.  It inspires opinions, it creates extremes of emotion, it forces people to look into their souls.  Round 2 was great art.  Great art happening in front of our eyes, people.  There were one or two questions about the validity of some picks and, as usual, some invective spewed my way.  But I can handle it.  That’s what great leaders do, provide inspiration in the face of adversity.  It’s water of a ducks back to me.  Or jizz off Sean’s chin if you need a better metaphor.

So who were the movers and shakers in round 2?  Well, the biggest winners were Hero and Harrier who both scored 10 points with Madge and Dusty.  I voted for Madge so I can’t say I’m too disappointed with those choices.  Son Of A Preacher Man is a great song as well so no complaints from me.  Hero and Hammer are at the top of the table with Paul, Treb “Tik Tok” Trebs and 'fathead' Adam breathing down their necks.  That f*cking lunatic Ziggler somehow managed to lobby enough people to vote for his choon and finds himself in second place for round 2 with 8 points.  Adam with Hit Me Baby One More Time somehow claims the last podium position in round 2 with a truly awful song. I’d like to hit all the people that voted for it one more time with a massive claw hammer.  Although that would just involve hitting Adam over his stupid, fat head numerous times as he clearly cheated and rigged the votes.  Jeff and superfly continue their titanic “who is the least sh*t out of two sh*t posters” battle with Jeff’s solitary vote this round enabling him to snuggle up to his great rival on 2 points each in the table.

A few posters continue to languish with no points, with Sean “I lie more than Jay from the Inbetweeners” Michaels, Galted “Massively Gay Way” Mears and Julius “I’m old so I moan.  Deal with it” Marx all yet to break their 2.0 virginity.  Stella has become a bit of an enigma.  He joined late, and now won’t answer my PM’s.  This has forced me to choose for him in round 3.  Hopefully my choice will lift him from the foot of the table.

So the updated table looks like this:

1) Hero 16 pts
2) Harrier 14 pts
3) Paul 12 pts
4) Trebs 10 pts
5) Adam 10 pts
6) Ziggler 9 pts
7) SerialDAVE 7 pts
8) C&R 6 pts
9) Azzy 6 pts
10) weeman 5 pts
11) Nakatomi 4 pts
12) Beadle 4 pts
13) Union Cane 3 pts
14) Shah-abu bakr 3 pts
15) The Boss 3 pts
16) superfly 2 pts
17) Jeff 2 pts
18) Grumpy G*lfer 2 pts
19) Dagless 1 pt
20) Michaels 0 pts
21) Jules 0 pts
22) Ray Mears 0 pts
23) Stella 0 pts

Round 3 takes us to books and question was this:  WHAT IS THE BEST PIECE OF FICTION WRITTEN BY A EUROPEAN?

Please remember, THIS IS OPEN FOR ANYONE ON 606v2 TO VOTE

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup rd 3 (Books) - Page 9 Empty Re: Culture Cup rd 3 (Books)

Post by Hero Thu 28 May - 15:50

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:For those still interested, here is the random list for rd 4 picks.  I've PM'd those of you who didn't get your first option so I will stick the poll up as soon as I can.

C&R
Weeman
The Boss
Paul
Trebs
Nakatomi
Jules
Stella
Azzy
Ziggler
Beadle
Sean
Ray Mears
Adam
Dagless
Jeff
Shah
SerialDAVE
GrumpyG*lfer  
Superfly
Harrier
Union

Union, hopefully this will explain why you're left with one of the worst films imaginable.

Where was I (or in the interest in stopping it being a rout was I just placed last? Wink. )

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 28 May - 16:09

Hero wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:For those still interested, here is the random list for rd 4 picks.  I've PM'd those of you who didn't get your first option so I will stick the poll up as soon as I can.

C&R
Weeman
The Boss
Paul
Trebs
Nakatomi
Jules
Stella
Azzy
Ziggler
Beadle
Sean
Ray Mears
Adam
Dagless
Jeff
Shah
SerialDAVE
GrumpyG*lfer  
Superfly
Harrier
Union

Union, hopefully this will explain why you're left with one of the worst films imaginable.

Where was I (or in the interest in stopping it being a rout was I just placed last? Wink. )

Sorry, you were 3rd from last!

The next round is up in Films.

Hero/Edam, can one of you please move Global.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9