The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 Results.

+4
Marky
BamBam
Azzy
Holymiky
8 posters

Go down

Week 1 Results. Empty Week 1 Results.

Post by Holymiky Wed May 27, 2015 12:00 am

Atletico Madrid (2nd) v Real Madrid (11th)

Injuries: Cani, Raúl García, Cristian Rodríguez and Miranda (Atletico Madrid); Pepe, Gareth Bale, Raul de Tomas and Burgui (Real Madrid).

Top Scorers: N/A.

Atletico Madrid:

Real Madrid:

Miky's Analysis:

Huge Madrid derby to start off the league in style and Real Madrid wasted no time getting the game going with Ronaldo having a lot of joy down the left hand side and Isco being able to get into the space in central midfield as instructed to feed Tevez the through balls. Aletico found it difficult to make things happen through the central areas especially with Javi Martinez marking Totti which i feel isolated him out of the game and this forced Atletico to keep using the wide areas however they were not able to find an equaliser. Overall i liked the shape of Atletico and i also like Totti but i feel they need someone else there who was able to lose Martinez and have more of an impact on the game.

Result: Atletico Madrid 0-1 Real Madrid (Tevez)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona (3rd) v PSG (9th)

Injuries: Sergio Busquets, Gabi, Pedro and Munir El Haddaddi (FC Barcelona); Mike Maignan, Marquinhos, Lucas Digne and Thiago Motta (PSG).

Barcelona:

PSG:

Miky's Analysis:

This was a game of quick and accurate passing from the very start. Both teams had clear plans of what they wanted to do and excecuted them brilliantly. The high tempo pressing game worked for the majority of the game but ended up being the killer blow for PSG as the likes of Iniesta and Rakitic had the range of passing nessecary to spray the ball out into the wide areas late on leaving the tiring PSG players out of position for Messi and Neymar to capitalise on and allowing them to link up with Suarez in that dangerous attacking 3. Ibrahimovic managed to get in and amongst the Barcelona defenders making himself known but Godin and Pique were able to manage him in that strong partnership.

Result: Barcelona 1-0 (Messi)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich (4th) v Porto (10th)

Injuries: Franck Ribery, Lukas Gortler, Marco Reus and Sinan Kurt (Bayern Munich); Victor Garcia, Alex Sandro, Frank Lampard and Bruno Martins Indi (Porto).

Bayern Munich:

Porto:

Miky's Analysis:

An exciting game in which Bayern show thier quality from the very start. Bayern were very organised with Xabi Alonso just controlling the game from deep and including a mixture of pace and power up front with Robben and Costa. Costa was able to get in amongst the Porto defence and cause problems and they were both able to latch onto passes from Cazorla who was drifting into nice areas throughout the game. It seems Porto wanted to get Martinez into the game as much as possible and he did just that as he was able to get on the end of crosses into the box from the wide areas from the fullbacks, Tello and Quaresma. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make anything happen from them and i feel that Porto could do with a number 10 or someone to play just off Martinez up front in future matches to provide him with more support.

Result: Bayern Munich 2-0 Porto (Robben, Costa)

Chelsea (6th) v Manchester City (8th)

Injuries: Isaiah Brown, Filipe Luis, Islam Feruz and Ramires (Chelsea); Yaya Touré, Eliaquim Mangala, Gaël Clichy and Jesús Navas (Manchester City).

Chelsea:

Manchester City:

Miky's Analysis:

This game was tactically brilliant. Chelsea had the added power of Lewandowski and Muller partnered with Hazard in attack and City had the energy of Kondogbia as well as the creativity of Silva to mention just some of the players from both sides. To start with, Hazard managed to cut inside, shooting from the edge of the area to score a beautiful goal early on which caught City off guard. From there though City came back fighting and more than grew into the game, executing their tactics to perfection. Lewandowski wasn't able to effect the game as much due to Kompany man-marking him. Aguero was able to latch onto passes from Silva and Nasri and he was able to dispatch one during the second half to equalise and earn a draw for his team.

Result: Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City (Hazard;Aguero)

Dortmund (5th) v Juventus (7th)

Injuries: Jon Gorenc-Stankovic, Neven Subotic, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Mustafa Amini (Dortmund); Andres Tello, Stephan Lichtsteiner, Martín Cáceres and Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus).

Dortmund:

Juventus:

Miky's Analysis:

This was another good game with plenty of action with Vidal and Pogba enforcing the midfield shape and keeping possession with Marchisio looking to play-make from a deeper position and in front of them was Rodriguez who was looking to unlock the Dortmund door throughout the game. As a unit, this Juventus team are definitely one of the strongest in the league. Dortmund played well but they found it difficult to break down the Juventus shape. Most of Dortmund's joy was from getting the ball into Aubameyang and Remy but they were only able to get in and among the defenders and not in behind due to the brilliant organisation of Chiellini and Barzagli.

Result: Dortmund 0-2 Juventus (Benzema, Rodriguez)

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Results. Empty Re: Week 1 Results.

Post by Azzy Wed May 27, 2015 9:46 am

Great layout Miky, well done! xx

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks mate, I used your one from the last league, so thank you Smile

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 am

Good game Azzy, I hadn't even considered you going 3 at the back!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed May 27, 2015 10:46 am

I have a feeling if Nadeem hadn't been busy insulting and criticising me in his tactics he might have gotten a result Whistle

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 am

Well done on the victory Hero but at least play fair.

Gone are the masters of the Gegenpressing style of play and even if they continue to play in this high pressure manner then with the number of players Viva has brought in then it will take several weeks to bring together understanding between his team.

This is stealth cheating and I'm not having this crap, theres one thing to state opposition weaknesses but its another to make stuff up. You can't use chemistry in these games everyones buying players every week.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 am

Have to agree with Viva.

Like this from Juve's tactics I noticed.

Our team are the form team in the league, whilst we may not have the Galacticos or big money buys like some others in the league what we do have is a collective team spirit and players that are currently playing out of their skins.

...Like Pogba, Vidal, James, Benzema...

#NotGalacticos #GalactiNOs

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

I noted the 4 new Dortmund players compared to the.... 4 new Juve players including a brand new front 3 (albeit all from the same team)
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Did I do something wrong or is this nothing to do with me?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 am

Holymiky wrote:Did I do something wrong or is this nothing to do with me?

There's no issues with you at all mate, I think Viva is suggesting Hero tried to unfairly influence you though.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed May 27, 2015 11:10 am

Why can I not bring up chemistry? It's clearly true that to understand a team's style of play takes a bedding in period for the players.

To say this is cheating is bang out of order.

Those four players cost £10m collectively, 2 were trades, 1 was a freebie. Yes they are great players but they're not big money buys.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed May 27, 2015 11:13 am

Bringing up your opponent playing new players and ignoring your own team doing the same is a little naughty, even if cheating is too harsh.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed May 27, 2015 11:15 am

I reference the fact I've brought in new players here:

Ahead of you is the trio of ex Real players so all should have built a good understanding over the past year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 am

And does Miky at any point reference the Dortmund players making errors, that the team is not bonding etc, no, there's no mention at all of it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 am

I have to say that I saw the part that is being discussed but I made
My own decisions on Dortmund.

I wouldn't ever vote down a team due to what someone types as an opinion in their tactics as its up to me to decide ultimately.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed May 27, 2015 11:53 am

Marky wrote:I have a feeling if Nadeem hadn't been busy insulting and criticising me in his tactics he might have gotten a result Whistle

Laugh It's a travesty! I put blood, sweat and tears into my tactics and for a lady of loose morals man sausage jubblies I would have won. Anyways gg marky.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm

I'm not going to argue with you Hero, you know what you done so stop playing innocent.

Theres a difference between what you did and exploiting opposition weakness.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Bump so I can nab the layout tomorrow Week 1 Results. 3559488474

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 pm

Plagiarism FTW
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:22 am

Yes, he plagiarised me in the first place Nadz. This is actually my layout Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down