The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

+21
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
XR
adamk
Electric Demon
marty2086
TheCelticGarbutt
JCmag82
temporary21
NickisBHAFC
President Trump
The_Enigma
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Samo
Ian2307
Prometheus
25 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 Empty Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:18 pm

Turns out Ospreay will be actually wrestling Scurll on the show!!

I can't cope

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

WM Week is stacked with Indy wrasslin'

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 C6RCMDMUoAEciQr

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 C6RCMDNU0AAsXU_

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 C6RCMDMUYAAn8GP

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 C6RCMDOVUAAzbqH

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

Thats entirely too much wrestling.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:52 pm

It's like the whole indy community has squeezed themself into Orlando Laugh I imagine 95% of the world's wrestling talent is probably there.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 23 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

WWE are in talks with ROH about buying them and putting them on the network

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm

Fernando wrote:WWE are in talks with ROH about buying them and putting them on the network

Might only be buying the tape library, apparently there are NDAs in place so no ones sure of whats going on and what they are after

Hope its kept away from WWE

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:37 am

Jeff Jarrett and Impact will be running the new series of World of Sport

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Apr 2017, 3:34 pm

Katsuyori Shibata is in hospital with a subdural haematoma. That's probably the end of him wrasslin'

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 10 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

ICW BarraMania 3 is this Sunday at the famous Barrowlands venue in Glasgow and it is a crazy stacked card.

ICW World Heavyweight Championship - Trent Seven (c) vs 'Ironman' Joe Coffey

Barbed Wire Rope match - Drew Galloway vs Jack Jester

Grado vs Wolfgang

Barras Street Fight - Sha Samuels vs Kid Fite

ICW Tag Team Championship - The Marauders (Mike Bird & Wild Boar) (c) vs Rampage Brown & Ashton Smith

Polo Promotions vs IWGP Tag Team Champions War Machine

Joe Hendry vs Lionheart

Last Man Standing match - Chris Renfrew vs Stevie Boy

Zero G title Scramble match - Kenny Williams (c) vs Mad Dogg Matt Cross (Son of Havoc) vs ?? vs ?? vs ?? vs ??

DCT & Viper vs Davey Blaze and Kay Lee Ray

10 matches confirmed and huge potential for some real brutality, especially the LMS and Barbed Wire match - which could very well be Galloways last match in ICW. Anyone else going? I cant think of many better ways to spend Easter Sunday.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr 2017, 10:47 pm

Fernando wrote:Katsuyori Shibata is in hospital with a subdural haematoma. That's probably the end of him wrasslin'

Jesus... How did he do it? Was it that headbutt that drew blood?

I've just watched the match and it was absolutely stupendously good!

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:01 pm

I would of thought that didn't help Laugh Apparently he collapsed backstage & it's gone from there. Has been described as a traumatic brain injury. So i imagine either career is over or seriously tone it down.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:02 pm

He was collapsing on the way back from the ring - I wasn't sure if it was for show or real then, before I had even read this

Hope he's back soon

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:06 pm

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 Giphy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:34 pm

Sickener - sounded awful too

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 11 Apr 2017, 10:05 am

Fernando wrote:Katsuyori Shibata is in hospital with a subdural haematoma. That's probably the end of him wrasslin'

That's horrible news, I hope he gets better soon

At least if he does go out he went out having one of the greatest matches of all time, not that it means much in the grand scheme of things

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 11 Apr 2017, 11:44 am

If not treated it can be very lethal, but they caught it early and its a fairly straight forward procedure. He should make a full recovery but should probably never do that again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Tue 11 Apr 2017, 1:21 pm

What were your guys thoughts on the rest of Sakura Genesis?

Spoiler:

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 12 Apr 2017, 4:31 pm

Electric Demon wrote:What were your guys thoughts on the rest of Sakura Genesis?

Spoiler:

I agree with everything you said and I always pop for seeing someone who may or may not be Kota Ibushi wrestling in undercard 6 mans

Okada/Shibata is maybe my MOTY which is incredible as I didn't see anything toppling the dome main event

They could run all the proposed matches on Dominion as it is a big show and a big building so expect a stacked card, roughly on the level of this one, but they also have their solo US shows coming up soon and I could see Hiromu/Ricochet and Naito/Juice being matches they could see appealing to a US audience

Okada/Fale have good chemistry and decpetivly good matches but I agree it's not the most tantalising of matches but that's New Japan, they deliver to what kind of gate they're trying to draw, it's rewarding as they save big matches for big events but it can be frustrating at times

Anyway speaking of NJPW I'm away to see Kenny Omega live in Edinburgh so laters Cool

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Wed 12 Apr 2017, 8:07 pm

Enjoy House!

Meltzer is saying he believes that Shibata's injury is a work, potentially covering for something else.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 12 Apr 2017, 9:23 pm

Waw back at epic for 3 shows second weekend if may 1 Friday 2 Saturday.  3rd one being fightmare 3. They have already announced most matches for show 2 and 3 for fightmare

Show 1
Bellatrix Female Warriors

Show 2
King Kendo vs Cyanide
Jimmy Ocean vs James mason
Alberto el Patron and dos Caras vs Scarlett and Graves (dezmond xavier and Zachary wentz) Vs Shannon Moore and el torito vs Aaron Sharp and a mystery partner.
Winner faces rey mysterio at fightmare 3 6 way scramble match-Jonny Storm vs Peter Nixon vs PJ Knight vs Matt Walters vs Brad O brien  vs Oliver Carter
Nathan Cruz vs Luke Hawx
Dominator,Titan and Awol vs Ruffneck,Morning Star and Hallows
Rocker Richards vs Diamond Steel Ryan Howe
Zebra Kid vs Ricky Knight Jr
Rey Mysterio vs Zak Zodiac vs Kip Sabian vs Alex Young
Drew Marshall,Malky Taggart and Liam Thompson vs Mr Anderson,Mitchell Star and Ringo Ryan vs Robin Lekime,Bash and Keegan

Show 3
Winner of 6 way on show 2 vs Rey Mysterio
Waw tag title match- Alex Young and ricky Knight Jr (c) vs UK Hooligans  
WAW world title- Ricky Knight vs Alberto el Patron (c)

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm

That was amazing!! I just saw a Meltzer driver and burst into tears

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:59 pm

Okada vs Shibata was given 5 stars Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 11 3559488474 

Okada has now had 9 matches over 4.5 stars since his title reign began. 

and he's only 29  Shocked

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Thu 13 Apr 2017, 1:06 pm

Wow! Deserved too

I've only been watching since January and I have seen him have 4 world class title matches against Omega, Tiger Mask W, Suzuki and Shibata. Shibata was my favourite one.

Such an amazing wrestler. And 29???

I'm hoping we see some Okada vs Naito matches this year. I'm sure they've happened in the past but I would walk through fire to see some this year

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 13 Apr 2017, 5:37 pm

When would a wrestler's peek condition be?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 13 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

wait did he shoot headbutt Okada???

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 13 Apr 2017, 9:17 pm

No that's just how he normally wrassles.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 13 Apr 2017, 9:49 pm

Are there some good Nakamura v Okada matches in the vaults somewhere?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 13 Apr 2017, 9:53 pm

Unfortunately this was before the English Commentary came in Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Demon Fri 14 Apr 2017, 11:06 am

Electric Demon wrote:Enjoy House!

Meltzer is saying he believes that Shibata's injury is a work, potentially covering for something else.

Now reporting that Shibata injury is indeed legit and that he is still hospitalised, able to maintain conversation and has some memory of the match. He suffered some right side paralysis in the immediate aftermath which is getting better. Doubts over whether he will ever be cleared to wrestle again.

Tragic. Unbelievable he was able to finish the match!

Really unhelpful and insensitive reporting that.

Electric Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 17 Apr 2017, 7:49 pm

Its terrible news. He's older than i thought he was though, looks closer to Okada's age

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 17 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Its terrible news. He's older than i thought he was though, looks closer to Okada's age

He's more a contemporary of Tanahashi & Nakamura, those 3 were pegged as the new big 3 of New Japan when they came through, Shibata left and didn't return until 2012, he also didn't sign a full time contract until 2016 hence the delayed nature of his push

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 17 Apr 2017, 9:26 pm

To answer ED's questions following from Sakura Genesis and for those interested a lot of the big matches for the Dontaku tour will be paid off over 3 shows!

Highlights included

Road to Dontaku 27/4

Jr Tags Suzuki-Gun vs RPG Vice
Never Title- Goto vs Suzuki (must watch IMO)

Wrestling Toyo Province 29/4

Jr Title- Hiromu vs Ricochet (!!!!!!!!!!!)
Tanahashi vs Evil
IC Title- Naito vs Juice

Dotaku 3/5

Omega vs Ishii (!!!!)
IWGP- Okada vs Fale

My view on things is that these shows are going to set up Wrestle Kingdom rematches for Dominion, that is Tanahashi & Omega to both win there semi main events and challenge the respective champions on each show, I'm also picking Suzuki to beat Goto & for them to rematch at Dominion

The Osaka-jo hall is a big building and th y usually go all out so I don't see this as being too out there

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:18 pm

No sympathy for him. Not only is it one of the dumbest things I've seen a wrestler do, but he could have just as easily ended okadas career too

Of course I'm sure okada agreed to the spot, and that he isn't dumb enough to agree to something like that again

Good wrestling involves making something that doesn't hurt look like it does

Anyone can make shoot striking look good

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 19 Apr 2017, 12:11 am

The horrible Shibata news aside

Can i just say how much i f**cking love Okada

Everything from his presentation, to the the way he carries himself, to his booking, screams 'champion'

It seems old school as well. I dont see why Vince is incapable of pulling this off with someone in WWE. They are obsessed with the top face being some 'cool' anti hero after Rock and Austin (Cena aside i guess)

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm

For once some positive TNA News

They have teamed with AAA & from July will be working with them and their stars which includes Lucha Underground talent.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 19 Apr 2017, 11:22 pm

Always good for TNA to have more options for talent but the AAA roster is not what it was last year

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 23 Apr 2017, 6:54 pm

House you got any recommendations for AJ matches back when he was in Japan? (seen the Nakamura WK10 one of course)

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:21 pm

Have a list

http://411mania.com/wrestling/top-ten-thursday-aj-styles-njpw-matches/

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 24 Apr 2017, 1:27 am

Ché Guerrero wrote:House you got any recommendations for AJ matches back when he was in Japan? (seen the Nakamura WK10 one of course)

Styles v Suzuki from the G1 and Stlyes v Ibushi from Invasion Attack 2015 are two personal favourites that spring to mind as well as any time he was in the ring with Tanahashi, honestly after a very rocky start where the Japanese fans weren't sure who he was and a couple of so so matches with Okada, from his first G1 onwards almost everything he did was gold

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

I assume with the Japanese crowd ex-WWE don't have that problem but the TNA boys do

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:55 pm

Wcpw have announced a working partnership with NJPW and Revpro

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 24 Apr 2017, 7:03 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Wcpw have announced a working partnership with NJPW and Revpro

Makes sense WWE are gunning for them, they went as well pair up with the enemy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

Massive news though for them in terms of talent they can bring in.

They already had an ROH relationship which gave them Jay Lethal and others for shows.

Looks like they are getting a Jushin Thunder Liger booking for starters

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 May 2017, 3:08 pm

The blocks for the Best of the Super Juniors have been announced and block A in particular is absurd

Hiromu, Dragon Lee, Ricochet, Ospreay, Scurll & Liger all in the same block!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 May 2017, 3:10 pm

Of all the things i saw listed didn't think would see Marty Scurll in NJPW tbh shall be interesting to see how he goes down in Japan, I imagine quite well tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 May 2017, 3:54 pm

He's best buds with the Young Bucks now so that'll help

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 03 May 2017, 4:12 pm

He's been a big deal in both of New Japan's major affiliates plus he's got the connection with Sabre so I wasn't that shocked

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 08 May 2017, 10:49 am

May 17 (Live on NJPW World @ 2:30am PDT / 5:30am EDT / 10:30am BST / 6:30pm JST)
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. TAKA Michinoku
B-Block: Tiger Mask IV vs. Volador Jr.
A-Block: Ricochet vs. Taichi
B-Block: ACH vs. BUSHI
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. El Desperado
A-Block: Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
A-Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee
May 18 (Live on NJPW World @ 2:30am PDT / 5:30am EDT / 10:30am BST / 6:30pm JST)
A-Block: Taichi vs. TAKA Michinoku
A-Block: Dragon Lee vs. Marty Scurll
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Hiromu Takahashi
A-Block: Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay
May 20 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
B-Block: ACH vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. Tiger Mask IV
B-Block: BUSHI vs. El Desperado
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Volador Jr.
May 21 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
A-Block: Will Ospreay vs. TAKA Michinoku
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Marty Scurll
A-Block: Dragon Lee vs. Taichi
A-Block: Ricochet vs. Hiromu Takahashi
May 22 (Live on NJPW World @ 2:30am PDT / 5:30am EDT / 10:30am BST / 6:30pm JST)
B-Block: Volador Jr. vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
B-Block: ACH vs. Tiger Mask IV
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. El Desperado
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI
May 23 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
A-Block: TAKA Michinoku vs. Marty Scurll
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Will Ospreay
A-Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Taichi
A-Block: Ricochet vs. Dragon Lee
May 25 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
B-Block: Tiger Mask IV vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
B-Block: Volador Jr. vs. El Desperado
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. BUSHI
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. ACH
May 26 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
A-Block: Marty Scurll vs. Taichi
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Ricochet
A-Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs. TAKA Michinoku
A-Block: Dragon Lee vs. Will Ospreay
May 27 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
B-Block: ACH vs. El Desperado
B-Block: Volador Jr. vs. BUSHI
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Tiger Mask IV
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
May 28 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
A-Block: Ricochet vs. TAKA Michinoku
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Dragon Lee
A-Block: Will Ospreay vs. Taichi
A-Block: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Marty Scurll
May 29 (Live on NJPW World @ 2:30am PDT / 5:30am EDT / 10:30am BST / 6:30pm JST)
B-Block: Tiger Mask IV vs. El Desperado
B-Block: BUSHI vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
B-Block: Volador Jr. vs. ACH
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
May 31 (Tape Delay - Tournament Matches Only)
A-Block: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Taichi
A-Block: Ricochet vs. Marty Scurll
A-Block: Dragon Lee vs. TAKA Michinoku
A-Block: Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi
June 1 (Status Currently Unknown)
B-Block: Tiger Mask IV vs. BUSHI
B-Block: KUSHIDA vs. Volador Jr.
B-Block: El Desperado vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
B-Block: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. ACH
June 3 (Live on NJPW World @ 1:00am PDT / 4:00am EDT / 9:00am BST / 5:00pm JST)
A-Block Winner vs. B-Block Winner

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 08 May 2017, 11:00 am

Christ that's an insane schedule for the competitors

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 08 May 2017, 11:46 pm

Apparently Suzuki & Goto will be having a rematch for the NEVER belt at Dominion in a Lumberjack Deathmatch! Should've banter

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next