The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Japan, Indies and Everything Else

+21
Ché Guerrero
RinoGattuso
XR
adamk
Electric Demon
marty2086
TheCelticGarbutt
JCmag82
temporary21
NickisBHAFC
President Trump
The_Enigma
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
Adam D
Samo
Ian2307
Prometheus
25 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 12 Empty Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Prometheus Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, to save me opening a hundred different threads that would most likely be populated by House and myself, here's a thread that everyone is welcome to contribute to on Lucha Underground, Ring of Honor, PWG, Evolution, New Japan, NOAH, AAA and basically anything that is not WWE, NXT or TNA.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 12 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Fernando Mon 08 May 2017, 11:59 pm

So someone is going to die then Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Japan, Indies and Everything Else - Page 12 Empty Re: Japan, Indies and Everything Else

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 09 May 2017, 3:01 pm

Has it been a while since a deathmatch occurred?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 09 May 2017, 4:34 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Has it been a while since a deathmatch occurred?

Yes, I can't recall a death match in the time I've followed the product, tbh I think it's just there way of saying No DQ I wouldn't expect any CZW style stuff

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 09 May 2017, 5:21 pm

CZW has nothing on Japanese deathmatches though imo, Theirs look like backyard brawls, Japan put exploding ring matches on in front of stadiums

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 09 May 2017, 5:41 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:CZW has nothing on Japanese deathmatches though imo, Theirs look like backyard brawls, Japan put exploding ring matches on in front of stadiums

That's not really new Japan though, I think it's just going to be a no DQ match with members of Chaos & Suzuki-gun on the outside

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 11 May 2017, 12:57 pm

Oh Sad

I wanted a ring in a swimming pool covered with electrified razor wire

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 May 2017, 12:59 pm

You want Big Japan Pro Wrestling then Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 11 May 2017, 1:24 pm

Was it them that put on the sauna/bathhouse match? Which involved several occasions of the wrestlers trying to drown each other

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 May 2017, 3:20 pm

Nah BJPW is like CZW but alot more violence.

That sounds like the IWA or DDT (check them out especially teh Anal Explosion Match) Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 13 May 2017, 7:53 am

Marty Scurll has announced he is joining the Bullet Club

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 13 May 2017, 5:20 pm

That episode of Being the Elite was epic

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 14 May 2017, 7:32 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Marty Scurll has announced he is joining the Bullet Club

How ROH introduced him twas awesome tbf to them. On the plus side War Of The Worlds sounded like an excellent show (Ospreay vs White was the stand out apparently)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 14 May 2017, 7:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1EjA_css0s

Assume you two follow this. But anyone that doesnt well worth watching the last few

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 May 2017, 1:18 pm

BOSJ Day 1 live stream will be free on NJPW World.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 15 May 2017, 1:30 pm

Fernando wrote:BOSJ Day 1 live stream will be free on NJPW World.

I'm already paying for it but if you can find the time I think this would really be worth checking out, Ospreay v Scurll & Hiromu vs Dragon Lee should both be excellent given their respective histories

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 17 May 2017, 2:52 pm

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00440_1_1

^ Day 1 Smile It's free

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 18 May 2017, 5:40 pm

Meltzer is reporting that WWE have asked Kairi Hojo to come up with a new finishing move as Bayley uses the diving elbow as one of her spots, which is a bummer, her elbow is fantastic

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 18 May 2017, 8:10 pm

That is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. its not even Bayleys finisher

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 20 May 2017, 12:34 pm

How was the Ricochet v Ospreay rematch?

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 20 May 2017, 2:57 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:How was the Ricochet v Ospreay rematch?

I've heard it was different to last years but still very good, I've still got the main event of N1 to go first before I get into that show

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 22 May 2017, 3:14 pm

WCPW have had to cancel their upcoming Loaded tapings in Manchester after Youtube changed their advertising guidelines. Turns out Wrestling videos fall under YouTubes 'non advertiser friendly' banner and WCPW have seen their revenue slashed by 98% since then.

Statement by WhatCulture Pro Wrestling -

"In a decision that has not been made lightly, WCPW must today announce that the forthcoming weekly Loaded shows at Manchester’s Bowlers Exhibition Centre will no longer be going ahead.

Effective immediately, our June 9, June 16, June 23, June 30, July 14, July 28, August 4, August 11, and August 18 shows have been pulled from our events pages, and refunds will be issued automatically to anyone who has purchased tickets to these events.

All other announced dates, including our PPVs and all Pro Wrestling World Cup dates are unaffected by this. Our initial June 2 show will also be going ahead as scheduled, and all tickets purchased for this are still valid.

This is a decision that we absolutely did not want to make, but unfortunately it has been taken out of our hands by YouTube.

Owing to a change in their monetisation policy, which has now classified wrestling as “non-advertiser friendly”, it is no longer financially viable for WCPW to produce a weekly free show of the quality our fans deserve.

Since the change the WCPW YouTube channel has seen its advertising income decimated, with our recent match between Alberto El Patron and Rey Mysterio Jr earning only $44 despite receiving over 1,100,000 views. This is a reduction of around 98% in what would have been Loaded’s main source of revenue.

Without that money, it is simply not possible to organise, set-up, manage, produce and edit a free-to-air show on the scale we had intended, and we’ve been left with no choice but to alter our business model. We’re not alone in this either, as other promotions, journalists, and fans have seen their ability to make a living from their content jeopardised entirely by this change.

While we support YouTube in their endeavours to make the site a safer and more tolerant place to visit, we reject entirely the classification of wrestling as a whole as “inappropriate content”. As such, in the coming weeks WCPW will be partnering with other like-minded individuals and organisations to start a campaign aimed at reversing this sweeping change.

Wrestling is not about violence. Wrestling is about scripted entertainment, amazing feats of athleticism and, most of all, story-telling. We want to thank all of our fans for their continued support, and we hope to have more positive news for you soon."

Despite not being a big fan on WCPW this is terrible news not just for them but internet wrestling as a whole. I hope for their sakes YouTube review this decision

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 22 May 2017, 3:57 pm

Youtube have screwed a lot of people over unnecessarily

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 22 May 2017, 4:28 pm

It comes down to advertiser pressure to be fair. I agree that wrestling as a whole shouldn't fall under the changes to policy but I can see why YouTube has decided to do it. Would take a lot of moderation to be able to distinguish between advertiser friendly and non-advertiser friendly content when it comes to wrestling. Of course, you can have them stuff which is clearly child friendly, but then you have stuff with blood and weapons and at the end of the day it's a violence as entertainment. 

I suspect in the future YouTube will bring in different levels of advertisement depending on the maturity of the content. Hard to moderate, but will stop accusations that they are stifling channels and creativity. Revenue will still be lower, but it should help channels that focus on more mature things and also allow advertisers who are happy to advertise on mature content, which I'm sure there are many, to have their adverts included.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 22 May 2017, 9:52 pm

Yeah but the actual incident that caused advertisers to leave was small and inconsequential on a tiny channel that was espousing neo nazi ideas.

This followed the whole Pewdiepie nonsense of course but still the advertisers and youtube both overreacted.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 22 May 2017, 10:44 pm

Taichi vs Taka from N2 of BOtSJ is something to behold, a must watch

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 29 May 2017, 7:32 pm

Kevin Nash has been booked as Commissioner for ICW Fear and Loathing X and Noam Dar has been booked for the first night of Shugs Hoos Party Weekender in a tag match with Sha Samuels vs Grado and Joe Coffey

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 29 May 2017, 8:22 pm

Samo wrote:Kevin Nash has been booked as Commissioner for ICW Fear and Loathing X and Noam Dar has been booked for the first night of Shugs Hoos Party Weekender in a tag match with Sha Samuels vs Grado and Joe Coffey

The presence of Nash has actively put me off going to the show, not that I've been overly thrilled with ICW this year anyways

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sat 03 Jun 2017, 5:28 pm

Apparently Kushida vs Ospreay was amazing as expected

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 03 Jun 2017, 9:03 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Apparently Kushida vs Ospreay was amazing as expected

It was!

5 stars and another MOYC from New Japan

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Sun 04 Jun 2017, 12:20 pm

The current crop of british wrestlers actually makes me patriotic

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 05 Jun 2017, 11:26 am

Seen it now House

Fantastic as I expected. Great physical edge to the whole match too, seems like Ospreay has really worked to add that to his performances as the Ricochet match was also a lot stiffer than I had previously seen from him

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 05 Jun 2017, 2:42 pm

Matt Riddle continues to double book himself

He missed/was pulled from an AAW show which is probably the 3rd time it's happened this year and people online are pointing out another couple of occasions coming up

I suppose if he keeps getting away with it might as well take the better offer

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 05 Jun 2017, 2:50 pm

Not a great look for him. Already has the diva tag due to the whole affair with Dana in UFC

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 05 Jun 2017, 2:51 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Matt Riddle continues to double book himself

He missed/was pulled from an AAW show which is probably the 3rd time it's happened this year and people online are pointing out another couple of occasions coming up

I suppose if he keeps getting away with it might as well take the better offer

Depends if its him or his management or whoever handle his bookings, he's to take some blame either way

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 16 Jun 2017, 8:44 pm

Going to a brand new company called riptide wrestling tomorrow night. They have managed to get some big names for there first show, CCK, Will Oespray, Shane Strickland, Roy Johnson, Chuck Mambo and a special appearance by Paul Robinson.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Fri 16 Jun 2017, 8:52 pm

Did a an interview with Chuck Mambo this week and he seems excited for it. Also been messaging the owner and planning on getting him on next to discuss how it went. Promising start though from them.

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 20 Jun 2017, 12:39 pm

G1 Field

01) Hiroshi Tanahashi
02) Togi Makabe
03) Michael Elgin
04) Kazuchika Okada
05) Hirooki Goto
06) Tomohiro Ishii
07) Toru Yano
08) YOSHI-HASHI
09) Kenny Omega
10) Bad Luck Fale
11) Tama Tonga
12) Tetsuya Naito
13) SANADA
14) EVIL
15) Satoshi Kojima
16) Yuji Nagata
17) Juice Robinson
18) Minoru Suzuki
19) Zack Sabre Jr.
20) Kota Ibushi

Also in sad news the Co-Owner of AIW has passed away rose

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 20 Jun 2017, 2:26 pm

Fernando wrote:G1 Field

01) Hiroshi Tanahashi
02) Togi Makabe
03) Michael Elgin
04) Kazuchika Okada
05) Hirooki Goto
06) Tomohiro Ishii
07) Toru Yano
08) YOSHI-HASHI
09) Kenny Omega
10) Bad Luck Fale
11) Tama Tonga
12) Tetsuya Naito
13) SANADA
14) EVIL
15) Satoshi Kojima
16) Yuji Nagata
17) Juice Robinson
18) Minoru Suzuki
19) Zack Sabre Jr.
20) Kota Ibushi

Also in sad news the Co-Owner of AIW has passed away rose

An excellent line up, outside of Toru Yano everyone there is capable of delivering big in the right circumstances

If I'm correct the blocks and the date/location of some of the highlight matches will be announced over 2 shows over the next week

Pleased to see Ibushi back but it's a shame Tiger Mask W missed out, that guy is great

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 20 Jun 2017, 3:05 pm

What worries me is the omission of Cody Laugh

On the plus side NJPW has given this away free

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 20 Jun 2017, 5:46 pm

The champion is traditionally in the G1 so I'd say it was a positive sign if anything

I can't wait for the Okada/Cody match its the man who can't have a match below 4 stars vs the man who can't have a match above 3 stars SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE BAH GAWD!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed 21 Jun 2017, 8:42 am

Seems pretty harsh on Cody Laugh

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:10 pm

A Block                    B Block
Hiroshi Tanahashi - Kazuchika Okada
Togi Makabe     -   Toru Yano
Tomohiro Ishii    -    Satoshi Kojima
Hirooki Goto      -  Michael Elgin
YOSHI-HASHI    -    Juice Robinson
Bad Luck Fale      -  Tama Tonga
Yuji Nagata       - SANADA
Zack Sabre Jr.    -    EVIL
Kota Ibushi      -  Minoru Suzuki
Tetsuya Naito    -    Kenny Omega

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon 26 Jun 2017, 4:17 pm

Wow

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:02 pm

Some mouth watering matches there, Ishii is in a great group, he has amazing chemistry with Tanahashi, Goto, Nagata & Naito (their New Beginning '14 match is one of my favourites ever), I can't wait to see what ZSJr vs all these guys looks like

Over on the B Block, looks like we're getting CJ Parker vs Okada that everyone's always dreamed of, the Okada/Omega match is very interesting, my money is on Okada/Naito at the Dome but an Omega win screams King of Pro Wrestling rematch, and a 2nd loss sort of kills his credibility a little, I'm thinking a 2nd draw might be the way to go if they want to keep that story on the back burner

Omega & Ibushi are in separate blocks, that's significant

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:20 pm

July 17 @ (July 16) 11PM PDT / 2AM EDT / 7AM BST / 3PM JST
English Commentary

A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
A-Block: Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 20 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

B-Block: SANADA vs. EVIL
B-Block: Kenny Omega vs. Minoru Suzuki

July 21 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

A-Block: Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
A-Block: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 22 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

B-Block: Kenny Omega vs. Tama Tonga
B-Block: SANADA vs. Minoru Suzuki

July 23 @ 2AM PDT / 5AM EDT / 10AM BST / 6PM JST
A-Block: Kota Ibushi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
A-Block: Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto

July 25 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
B-Block: Kenny Omega vs. Toru Yano
B-Block: Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA

July 26 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
A-Block: Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto

July 27 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
B-Block: EVIL vs. Minoru Suzuki
B-Block: Michael Elgin vs. Kenny Omega

July 29 @ 2AM PDT / 5AM EDT / 10AM BST / 6PM JST
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
A-Block: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Tetsuya Naito

July 30 @ 12:30AM PDT / 3:30AM EDT / 8:30AM BST / 4:30PM JST
B-Block: Satoshi Kojima vs. Kenny Omega
B-Block: Juice Robinson vs. Kazuchika Okada

August 1 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
A-Block: Yuji Nagata vs. Tomohiro Ishii
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi

August 2 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
B-Block: Satoshi Kojima vs. Minoru Suzuki
B-Block: Kenny Omega vs. EVIL

August 4 @ 3AM PDT / 6AM EDT / 11AM BST / 7PM JST
A-Block: Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe

August 5 @ 1AM PDT / 4AM EDT / 9AM BST / 5PM JST
B-Block: Satoshi Kojima vs. SANADA
B-Block: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL

August 6 @ 12AM PDT / 3AM EDT / 8AM BST / 4PM JST
A-Block: Togi Makabe vs. Tetsuya Naito
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii

August 8 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
B-Block: Kenny Omega vs. SANADA
B-Block: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

August 11 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

A-Block: Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto
A-Block: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito

August 12 @ 2:30AM PDT / 5:30AM EDT / 10:30AM BST / 6:30PM JST
English Commentary

B-Block: Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki
B-Block: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega

August 13 @ (August 12) 11PM PDT / 2AM EDT / 7AM BST / 3PM JST
English Commentary

A-Block Winner vs. B-Block Winner

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm

So how are they going to do Okada vs Omega 3?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 27 Jun 2017, 9:52 pm

Samo wrote:So how are they going to do Okada vs Omega 3?

What do you mean?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Jun 2017, 12:02 am

PWG are starting to announce BOLA 2017 competitors and so far there is...

Flamita
Keith Lee
WALTER
Travis Banks

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:30 am

Fernando wrote:PWG are starting to announce BOLA 2017 competitors and so far there is...

Flamita
Keith Lee
WALTER
Travis Banks

Give me Keith Lee & Walter, please, please, please

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:19 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:So how are they going to do Okada vs Omega 3?

What do you mean?

Seems like a red herring to me. Their third match should be on a grander stage than a match in the G1 (unless it was the final). Will we see another draw?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next