The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

+31
Hibbz
pyormin
AlciG
beninho
lorus59
Sand
raycastleunited
LadyPutt
gw
Shotrock
robopz
GPB
MustPuttBetter
JAS
Roller_Coaster
navyblueshorts
MontysMerkin
SmithersJones
puligny
pedro
super_realist
BlueCoverman
Bob_the_Job
hend085
I'm never wrong
McLaren
incontinentia
EmmDee57
Davie
kwinigolfer
sirbenson
35 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 10 Empty European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by sirbenson Wed 24 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought with no place to discuss European Tour events, and with important upcoming event. I felt it would be a good idea to set up a thread to I am going to try and keep this updated every week with selected tee times.

Last edited by sirbenson on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 4:18 pm; edited 35 times in total

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 10 Empty Re: European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by pedro Tue 24 Nov 2015, 2:54 pm

hend,
It's a good point. I generally think it's a problem that the OOM is decided on money won. And the more events you play the more you potentially win. Still it's eye opening that the likes of Rory, Oosty and Rose can dominate the OOM by only playing half the number of tournaments than everybody else.

Compared to the PGATour the ET is far more challenged with differences in purses, and that difference somehow has to be evened out to larger extent than it is today. I know it's done for the Nedbank and Match Play but maybe it needs to be tweaked further.

I think the PGA Tour went in the right direction by introducing an OOM system based on points, with a few more points awarded in majors. It still doesn't do away with the "advantage" of playing more tournaments, although it's partly compensated with the pre-playoff points reset.

So either the ET should also do a points reset before the Final Series, or they should adopt some kind of OOM based on the OWGR average, with a minimum divisor - which again should be reset for the Final Series. It's unsustainable that double dippers can dominate the OOM by hardly playing, whereas ET regulars and muliple tournament winners like Sullivan and Barnrat were nowhere near the R2D crown.

pedro

Back to top Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 10 Empty Re: European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by JAS Tue 24 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
JAS wrote:Btw did TVreport the conversation Sullivan and McIlroy had on 8th green?
Don't think so. Now I'm intrigued. What transpired?

So coming into the 8th Rory hits into fairway bunker and then hits a marvellous bunker shot to about 20 (ish) feet, from the fairway Sullivan hits a stinker into an awkward place short left, he chips on to about 20 (ish) feet and they're both prowling the green, McIlroy obviously having had more time to look at his putt. So Sullivan says... "Go if you're ready" to which McIlroy replies "Eh no, if you think it's me first I'll ask for a measure"

At that point in the round McIlroy was hanging on the Sullivan's coat tails. Just thought it was an interesting piece of gamesmanship.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Wed 25 Nov 2015, 11:40 am

Interesting JAS but I don't think Andy's the sort of chap to be put off by any sort of gamesmanship - maybe that's why Rory said he would be such an asset to the RC next year.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 25 Nov 2015, 12:11 pm

LadyPutt wrote:Interesting JAS but I don't think Andy's the sort of chap to be put off by any sort of gamesmanship - maybe that's why Rory said he would be such an asset to the RC next year.

Think you're pretty much bang on with that statement Ladyputt. He took it in his stride and chipped in for birdie at the next hole. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Rory's statement about Sullivan being a Ryder cup asset germinated from that 8th green "exchange".

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 25 Nov 2015, 1:12 pm

It might just have been a "go if you're ready" and no more than that.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:52 pm

Rubbish from Westwood at the Nedbank - 11 over par for his last 20 holes and another golden opportunity to benefit from a generous handout of owgr points goes begging.
Surprised at the struggles of Fitzpatrick and Knox though.

Watched most of David Lingmerth's Round 2 in Australia - superb round in often difficult conditions and now eligible for Ryder Cup qualifying points.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 05 Dec 2015, 2:57 pm

With just 30 players in the field and really hot temperatures in Nedbank, why are they playing in threesomes?

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sun 06 Dec 2015, 1:42 pm

Just watched Schwartzel getting ready to hit a shot into 17 and it looked one of his playing partners was standing 30 yards or so ahead and slightly to the left. That would freak me the hell out especially as the shot was over water too. Looks like it helped him concentrate as he hit a beauty. Brave or foolish from the partner?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 06 Dec 2015, 2:11 pm

1GrumpyGolfer wrote:Just watched Schwartzel getting ready to hit a shot into 17 and it looked one of his playing partners was standing 30 yards or so ahead and slightly to the left. That would freak me the hell out especially as the shot was over water too. Looks like it helped him concentrate as he hit a beauty. Brave or foolish from the partner?
Yes it looked unusual but I don't think the playing partner was in any risk, moreso because Charl seemed to hit a draw.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 19 Dec 2015, 12:46 am

And, talking of Schwartzel:
Not a bad field for the South African Open next month, King Charl and Andy Sullivan the highlights.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 19 Dec 2015, 2:30 am

kwinigolfer wrote:And, talking of Schwartzel:
Not a bad field for the South African Open next month, King Charl and Andy Sullivan the highlights.

?? Really??

Probably would get a OWGR-16 if it weren't subsidized.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10