The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki.

+24
Johnyjeep
Josiah Maiestas
laverfan
shivfan
NickisBHAFC
Animalfan
MrInvisible
killer938
banbrotam
monty junior
bogbrush
temporary21
CaledonianCraig
lags72
Eyetoldyouso
AlciG
dummy_half
HM Murdock
biugo
kingraf
sirfredperry
LuvSports!
summerblues
JuliusHMarx
28 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki. - Page 6 Empty Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki.

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

First up on centre court, McHale vs Lisicki. No, seriously.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki. - Page 6 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki.

Post by biugo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm

And Ivo is at 53 aces so far.
with an average of 2 aces per game in the fifth (so far) he's need at least 32 more service games to overtake Isner's record (who dares to take an ace record away from Ivo!). But can Dolgo wait long enough?

biugo

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki. - Page 6 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 4 - McHale to the chief. Might have to throw a Li-sicki.

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm

They run deep those Spaniards... Oh wow if Bedene had won today wed have as many brits through as Spaniards!!!! Judgement day!!!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm

Oh dear Nadal Shocked censored

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

temporary21 wrote:...

Toorrows order of play is tasty! Kygios Raonic, Dimitrov Gasquet, Wawrinka Verdasco! Cilic Isner!
Novak Tomic

Those are a bit of a treat for third round

Shocked doesn't look like a R3 line-up at all! Could reasonably be a full half with the #1 or #2 seed out

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

Dr Ivos done for Dolgo.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm

Karlovic takes it. On to the third round we go.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:52 pm

Karlovic does it!!! 13-11, we lucked out on that Whistle

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:53 pm

Ivo will be a tough R3 for Tsonga, he as to keep his head cool

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm

Brown was 71/99 serve & volley points.
That's probably more than everyone else put together!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

Yes, Karlovic is boring.

Brown is a good example of what I would like to see more of.  It is not up to the players though - tennis authorities should find a way to make it more possible to succeed with that kind of game - as it used to be in the past.

Brown can serve ok, but he is certainly not server only.  I find his game all around very entertaining.  I am not saying everyone has to like his game style, but I would definitely like to see more room for that kind of style.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnyjeep Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:04 pm

bogbrush wrote:For Gods sake, the BBC get worse. All we've had is how Camilla whatserface got Andys sweaty band. FFS.

And now we get James Ward when Federer played and Rafa was the shock of the tournament. Running order should have been Rafa, Federer, Murray, mop-up.

it's embarrassing isn't it.

If they refer to what players are up to on Social Media again I will scream. I can go on Social Media anytime if I'm interested enough.

Show me the piggin tennis. I've been at work all day.

Johnyjeep

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:08 pm

Is this wimbledon2day?

Its apparently trash, soo much trash people are begging for Inverdale to come back! and just show some tennis

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm

Thats an extraordinary stat, one he wouldnt have got away with playing any of the top 4 right now

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnyjeep Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm

temporary21 wrote:Is this wimbledon2day?

Its apparently trash, soo much trash people are begging for Inverdale to come back! and just show some tennis

Yeah - it's dreadful. Though I was the only one tbh. Thankfully not.

Johnyjeep

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm

Johnyjeep wrote:

Yeah - it's dreadful. Though I was the only one tbh. Thankfully not.
Search it on google, even the guardian, of all papers is trashing it

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:12 pm

I saw Wimbledon2day and saw Balding and realised all that was missing was Gary Lineker!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:29 pm

It's typical 2015 BBC; dumbed down, "accessible" and basically just shallow, cretinous garbage.

Cash & Balding, FFS.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm

Tennis is a very international sport - in the round of 32 we have players from 19 different countries.

No country has more than 4 players (France has 4, Australia and Spain 3 each).

That said, the tennis might of Europe is showing - 21 players are from Europe, 6 from the Americas, 3 from Australia and one each from Africa and Asia (when counting Georgia as an Asian country).

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 02 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm

Cash telling Balding that he has to paint his fingernails if Baggy wins. Cue gasps and wonder.

Gerry Williams spins in his grave.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:12 pm

Cash!!! Oh god no!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:17 pm

Truly shocking this review show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6