The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Kent - County championship

+10
LondonTiger
SimonofSurrey
MisterRipley
NickisBHAFC
jimbohammers
kingdaveeagle
Corporalhumblebucket
jimbobgooner
guildfordbat
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Surrey vs Kent - County championship - Page 2 Empty Surrey vs Kent - County championship

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey squad -

Third degree
#ansariforengland
Baron
Sibley
Solanki
THE GOAT
Le Roi king
Foakes
Norah
Burke
Curran the senior
Curran the junior
Viscount

Solanki and Curran the junior to miss out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Kent - County championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Kent - County championship

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

...meanwhile Burger Van is the most economical of Surrey's 2nd XI bowlers against Hants in the 50 over game. 9 overs 2 for 30.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Kent - County championship - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Kent - County championship

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Bubbly Bubbly cake cake  Drinks for Guildford and for Larry Gomes. Wink 

That certainly is an inexperienced attack, although Norah and Ansari may well have a fair bit of work to do.

Thanks, Corporal. On first glance, I thought you were saying that me, Gomes, Julius Caesar etc were an inexperienced attack! Very Happy

Anyway, well done to Kid Curran. First of many we hope. clap Fingers Crossed

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:...meanwhile Burger Van is the most economical of Surrey's 2nd XI bowlers against Hants in the 50 over game. 9 overs 2 for 30.

As Churchy might say - ''that's proper bowling''.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm

Curran the younger denied a second wicket as Burke drops bell Drummond
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

Kent starting to tick over a bit now. Reckon they'll look to target Burkey when he comes on.

Anyway, out now for an hour. Would like at least more wicket upon my return ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 3:30 pm

Curran the elder gets ball
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 13 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

Ansari brings to an end the rapid 3rd wicket partnership by getting Bell Drummond LBW.  93 - 3.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 13 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm

burke 3 overs for 24 picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

Hmmm. Strange sort of scoreboard - 97/3 off 20. Tea now being taken.

Inexperience seeming to show with Kid Curran and Burkey both going at around 6 an over.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

Floodlights on...and they still go off for bad light. A pair of these umpires I see
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:09 pm

Yeah, all part of the light and natural light debate which no one really understands.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Yeah, all part of the light and natural light debate which no one really understands.

The club and clubs around the country must fork out ridiculous sums for floodlights to get games on...but what difference does it make when you have two umpires who go off as soon as it gets a bit gloomy.

Anyways apparently the light has got better and they're going back on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

How about this for a Tom Curran nickname...

"Top bun" Curran - in homage to his hair and being our gun bowler this season (top gun etc)

Anyways he's got Northeast
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:42 pm

Olly wrote:How about this for a Tom Curran nickname...

"Top bun" Curran - in homage to his hair and being our gun bowler this season (top gun etc)

Anyways he's got Northeast

I suggest you talk it over with King Dave. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:43 pm

Or even Currant Bun!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 5:58 pm

Bad light again - not a good day for the paying punters
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 6:04 pm

I was thinking of going tomorrow but not encouraged by the weather and the on/off larking about.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Jul 2015, 7:01 pm

Forecast doesn't look great Guildford, and the umpires have hardly inspired confidence with their farting about this afternoon - I'd avoid.

Onto the match itself - evenly poised I'd say, although the rain delay and weather making the draw a heavy favourite result
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 13 Jul 2015, 7:11 pm

I'm thinking of going to Surrey vs Sussez next Friday night at the oval. 

Any good pubs near the ground?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 13 Jul 2015, 7:14 pm

Generally agree on all points, Olly.

Maybe the match is a tiny bit in our favour although a bit concerned that the inexperience of our bowlers may give away a few too many runs.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterRipley Mon 13 Jul 2015, 7:40 pm

At the risk of appearing to be an anorak (maybe not such a bad thing given today's conditions), didn't Surrey breach the fast bowling directive today with Kid Curran?

http://www.ecb.co.uk/sites/default/files/3485_nfc_fastbowling_2015_p329-330_lr_0.pdf

Do these apply to First Class players - I presume they do?

He bowled over 8, then over 13... it wasn't a change of ends as he didn't bowl the first available ower at t'other end... but neither did he wait 8 overs before coming on after his spell of 4 overs.

I may have got it wrong re Surrey, but such rules are etched into the brains of club players... especially those who have nearly required therapy having captained teams with several 17 year old fast bowlers... trying to work out when each one can be brought back on to bowl following spells of varying lengths!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

MisterRipley

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 13 Jul 2015, 9:40 pm

MisterRipley wrote:At the risk of appearing to be an anorak (maybe not such a bad thing given today's conditions), didn't Surrey breach the fast bowling directive today with Kid Curran?

http://www.ecb.co.uk/sites/default/files/3485_nfc_fastbowling_2015_p329-330_lr_0.pdf

Do these apply to First Class players - I presume they do?

He bowled over 8, then over 13... it wasn't a change of ends as he didn't bowl the first available ower at t'other end... but neither did he wait 8 overs before coming on after his spell of 4 overs.

I may have got it wrong re Surrey, but such rules are etched into the brains of club players... especially those who have nearly required therapy having captained teams with several 17 year old fast bowlers... trying to work out when each one can be brought back on to bowl following spells of varying lengths!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
wrong curran OK

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 13 Jul 2015, 10:13 pm

What about 17 year old international wicketkeepers who haven't played a single domestic first Class game! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthiv_Patel

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Jul 2015, 11:26 am

Burke gets Stevens - a good start to the day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 14 Jul 2015, 11:47 am

Curran Minor traps Harmison LBW clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue 14 Jul 2015, 1:08 pm

199-6 at lunch. Disappointing not to have pushed on after the 6th fell. Would have hoped to get them out for <200. Mustn't let them get to 300.

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Jul 2015, 1:11 pm

Hmm I'd say it's still even - not taken the wickets we'd like but unlike yesterday we've kept it tight

In the balance
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 1:27 pm

Olly wrote:Hmm I'd say it's still even - not taken the wickets we'd like but unlike yesterday we've kept it tight

In the balance

You're getting better, Olly! [Can't find the Patronising emoticon!] Very Happy

To be fair, we've often struggled in recent seasons to finish off the opposition tail. However, I did/do particularly fear that the inexperience of the seamers (plus the unhelpful conditions for Batty) might be a problem in getting the final wickets here.

Kent possibly slightly the happier side at lunch with some runs on the board in these conditions and some wickets still in the bank. Not much in it at this stage though - first hour of this middle session likely to be very important to the balance and perhaps the outcome of the game ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 14 Jul 2015, 2:14 pm

Sadly, it looks like Kent are winning the first hour of the middle session hands down. On a happier note for Surrey fans, Essex are effectively 335-0 in their second innings with 4 and a half sessions to play v Glamorgan. Important therefore as a minimum that we avoid defeat and get as many points as possible from this game - not necessarily even a win - so that if Glamorgan lose as they seem likely to, we at least stretch the gap between us with a fistful of points from a draw.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 2:47 pm

Ooooh dear! An hour into the afternoon and Kent are 285/6. The partnership between Billings and Haggett doing us a lot of harm and so far worth 131.

Billings is another with form when it comes to playing us. He scored an unbeaten 80 odd and an unbeaten 50 odd in last year's fixture at Guildford.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Jul 2015, 2:52 pm

Yep in a spot of bother now - Billings could take this game fully away from us if he bats past tea
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

the surrey of guildford have turned up Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue 14 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

kingdaveeagle wrote:199-6 at lunch. Disappointing not to have pushed on after the 6th fell. Would have hoped to get them out for <200. Mustn't let them get to 300.

Doh

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:12 pm

Curran the younger gets billings on 99 - he's currently showing our other bowlers how it's done
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm

Top bun Curran gets Tredwell - 308-8 if we can get the last two wickets before they get 325 we're still in the game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:20 pm

Yes - we need these last two very quickly. Certainly can't afford to let them have another 50 or so.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:59 pm

335 all out.  Curran Minor takes 5 wickets on his debut. clap clap  At least we got full bowling points.

As Captain Mainwaring says, we need to beware of the Hunn.  He took quite a few wickets against the Aussies the other day.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdaveeagle Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm

Burns opening with Harinath - good quick start for a change!!

kingdaveeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:38 pm

Sam Curran, having been born over here while dad was playing for Northants, is for now an EQP. Tom I assume is Kolpak? Will he be looking to qualify via residency, or do we expect both boys to return to Southern Africa?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:41 pm

a well earned rest for son of boris Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm

BTW you should really publish a list of all the different nicknames and in-jokes, unless of course outsiders are unwelcome.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:45 pm

Now don't quote me on this unless it's right but I believe Tom is in the process of becoming English qualified and will be so in about a year's time.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm

LondonTiger wrote:BTW you should really publish a list of all the different nicknames and in-jokes, unless of course outsiders are unwelcome.

For any outsiders who can be arsed to look, it's on the ''Surrey News / Articles'' thread.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:48 pm

LondonTiger wrote:BTW you should really publish a list of all the different nicknames and in-jokes, unless of course outsiders are unwelcome.
we might have to ask kingdave first Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm

50 up clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

For any outsiders who can be arsed to look, it's on the ''Surrey News / Articles'' thread.

I will try and find it later. Just wondering who the ugly fecker in the surrey lineup is to be son of Boris Karloff.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm

kingdaveeagle wrote:Burns opening with Harinath - good quick start for a change!!

I presume opening with Harinath is a statement of attacking intent rather than Ansari having an injury. Correct? Anyone been listening to Churchy?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:53 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
we might have to ask kingdave first Laugh

laughing clap clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
kingdaveeagle wrote:Burns opening with Harinath - good quick start for a change!!

I presume opening with Harinath is a statement of attacking intent rather than Ansari having an injury. Correct? Anyone been listening to Churchy?
i think it might have something to do with someone questing mr stewart Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 14 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

I will try and find it later. Just wondering who the ugly fecker in the surrey lineup is to be son of Boris Karloff.
Shocked

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next