The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day...

5 posters

Go down

A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day... Empty A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day...

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:35 am

This cheered me up no end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33501951

What a tart with that picture pose!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day... Empty Re: A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day...

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:20 am

His fashion designer had experience working with Michael Jackson I see.

Applause for not bending the rules for him Bubbly
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day... Empty Re: A small moment of levity on a sad (for some) day...

Post by HM Murdock Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:21 am

The story about Hamilton pleased me.

That it appears in a BBC article about the 'celebrities' in the crowd irks me.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:37 am

Incidentally, I see the BBC have cropped the lower part of the picture. Earlier editions suggested he was extremely excited to be there!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:56 am

A "misunderstanding over dress code" - he must be the only professional sportsman on planet earth who does not know about the dress rules in the Royal Box at Wimbledon.  If they've got any sense he won't be asked again.

Last edited by barrystar on Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : getting rid of notification of reply)
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:56 am

So let me get this straight. He shows up looking like a Mr Winklechops at what could be a historic event in the world of sport, has every chance to rectify the situation and still take his seat without missing any of the action and he declines it??

I don't like Rosberg, but I hope he kicks his ar$e in the GP this season!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 am

barrystar wrote:A "misunderstanding over dress code" - he must be the only professional sportsman on planet earth who does not know about the dress rules in the Royal Box at Wimbledon.  If they've got any sense he won't be asked again.
You can bet the instructions are clear on the invitation.

I suspect the "misunderstanding" was over whether it applied to him.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnyjeep Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:54 am

bogbrush wrote:
barrystar wrote:A "misunderstanding over dress code" - he must be the only professional sportsman on planet earth who does not know about the dress rules in the Royal Box at Wimbledon.  If they've got any sense he won't be asked again.
You can bet the instructions are clear on the invitation.

I suspect the "misunderstanding" was over whether it applied to him.

clap

Johnyjeep

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Where does "Mr Winklechops" come from? I can't find a definition anywhere but that doesn't detract from the clarity of the meaning one iota.

For those who might not know what I was on about earlier, here's the uncropped picture showing a clearly very excited Mr Winklechops.....

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2015/7/12/405642/default/v1/lewishamilton2-1-1600x900.jpg
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Just looking at the pics he is a Bruno Mars wannabe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down