The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+4
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Corporalhumblebucket
jimbobgooner
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST ESSEX AT COLCHESTER STARTING ON FRIDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara is unavailable for selection due to Sri Lanka’s upcoming Test Series against India.Sad
The Surrey squad to play Essex in the LV=County Championship at Colchester on Friday 7th August, Saturday 8th August, Sunday 9th August and Monday 10th August :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
aneesh kapil
Arun Harinath
Jason Roy
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
sibley isn't in form so find it strange he is in the squad over kapil (back to back hundreds)
the other place between burke and jade maybe burke shading it
over to you chaps thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Thu 06 Aug 2015, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm

Very well played by Surrey.  And to be fair it was a sporting declaration by Essex. Excellent game of cricket. clap clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 3 Empty Re: SURREY vs ESSEX LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:08 pm

Great to see us take advantage of a poor bowling attack Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:12 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Very well played by Surrey.  And to be fair it was a sporting declaration by Essex. Excellent game of cricket. clap clap

Very sporting declaration: a further 10 runs by Essex and 4 fewer overs for us and the result probably would have been different as the chase would have been that bit harder. If I were Glamorgan, I'd be livid. Mind you, if they lose their own games...

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm

chichestersurryfan wrote:I am at the bar poised to put my order in RedWine

Despite a decent attempt by Chichester to jinx things Wink , we get the win and take another very big step towards the Promised Land. clap Yahoo Ale

Just going from the scorecard - an excellent game for Burns. Too soon yet and it'll need more than just this match but an English opener getting runs is understandably going to attract attention ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

All but secures promotion that win.

A sporting declaration by Essex, but they needed to dangle the carrot to have any chance of winning themselves, so understandable. 

What a brilliant days play from the Surrey boys. A mention for how tightly we bowled yesterday, didn't allow the game to get away from us.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 10 Aug 2015, 6:42 pm

Olly wrote: ...

A sporting declaration by Essex, but they needed to dangle the carrot to have any chance of winning themselves, so understandable. 

What a brilliant days play from the Surrey boys. A mention for how tightly we bowled yesterday, didn't allow the game to get away from us.

Olly - very good points there.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon 10 Aug 2015, 7:20 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
chichestersurryfan wrote:I am at the bar poised to put my order in RedWine

Despite a decent attempt by Chichester to jinx things  Wink , we get the win and take another very big step towards the Promised Land. clap Yahoo Ale

Just going from the scorecard - an excellent game for Burns. Too soon yet and it'll need more than just this match but an English opener getting runs is understandably going to attract attention ....

Guildford, I jinxed things on Saturday...Wilson got out immediately after I posted about a nice developing partnership with third Degree!

Seriously a great performance notwithstanding the generous declaration.... From listening to the commentary it sounded like Panesar had a very bad day....very sad to see really..especially as this was his first championship game of the season..and he did make a promising start on Saturday....

Jimbob will not agree with me when I say what a great sporting last few days...England winning the Ashes, Surrey snatching an unlikely victory and West Ham getting an even more unlikely away win at The Emirates Yahoo

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:05 pm

Another Hammer? We're everywhere... commiserations Guildford + Jimbob Whistle but its not often us hammers beat the gooners OK Shocked

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

Jimbo - I've been called many things in my time but never a Gooner! Woking and Coventry City (accident of birth) are my teams.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 11 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Jimbo - I've been called many things in my time but never a Gooner! Woking and Coventry City (accident of birth) are my teams.
Laugh Laugh Laugh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 11 Aug 2015, 10:07 pm

chichestersurryfan wrote:
Jimbob will not agree with me when I say what a great sporting last few days...England winning the Ashes, Surrey snatching an unlikely victory and West Ham getting an even more unlikely away win at The Emirates Yahoo

CryCryCry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

...and I still haven't been told why Zafer is known to some as 'Son of Boris' Sad

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 12 Aug 2015, 2:46 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:...and I still haven't been told why Zafer is known to some as 'Son of Boris' Sad

Zaf used to have longish and unkempt hair which gave him a Boris Johnson look. Copyright - jimbobgooner. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 12 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:...and I still haven't been told why Zafer is known to some as 'Son of Boris' Sad

Zaf used to have longish and unkempt hair which gave him a Boris Johnson look. Copyright - jimbobgooner. Wink

Oh-kay ... got it now jimbobgooner. I see where you're coming from, but I have to say that, apart from this historic hirsute connection, the two have never struck me as possibly DNA-linked. The unlikeliest genetic duo since Arnie and Danny de Vito?

(PS: any one else feeling a bit restless that our next game isn't till next Monday?)

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 12 Aug 2015, 9:47 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote: (PS: any one else feeling a bit restless that our next game isn't till next Monday?)  

Yes - when your team is on top form it's natural to want the fixtures to keep on coming. Maybe no bad thing if the likes of Curran x 2 and Ansari have a bit of time off, and/or a lighter practice schedule.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:00 pm

Yes was about to post Corporal - it is disappointing not to have a game, but with a heavy schedule to come some well needed rest isn't the worst thing.

What has happened to Dunn? Is he still injured?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:06 pm

I'm assuming Dunn is still injured - unless I've missed it, I don't think there has been any Surrey communication about his injury pretty much since it happened. Variously, the Viscount, Meaker, Tremlett and Dernbach have had game time for 2nd XI very or fairly recently, but there's been no sign there of Dunn.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 12 Aug 2015, 10:14 pm

A shame he has been injured - I believe it was a side strain? Those are hard to overcome.

An attack of Dunno, Curran the elder and Curran the younger - complimented by Burke, Norah and Zaf is one to compete with the best imo. And one with massive potential
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed 12 Aug 2015, 11:39 pm

Ok, 'bored with no game for a few days' time:

In an imaginary world, where everyone's fit and the ball is going to seam on a green top under grey skies, how about this 11?

Third Degree
Zafer
J Roy
S Davies (wkt - if he can find his old kit)
T Curran
Burke
S Curran
Tremlett
Meaker
Dunn
Dernbach

Guaranteed - one way or the other - to make the game last less than 4 days!
4 frontline batsmen, 4 (including Tremlett, ahem) all rounders and 3 tailenders, with 7 frontline seamers and Zafer in case the sun comes out unexpectedly and the pitch turns 'sticky'.

Ain't ever gonna happen (probably for fitness reasons ahead even of selection) but I enjoyed putting it together Very Happy

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:22 am

Apologies Guildford ha ha

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3