The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:35 pm

More than anything, the brand of football at Spurs is neat and tidy, but I find it hugely dull. Much like LVG's "philosophy" football he seems to start most games trying, I can't enjoy teams who covet possession so much that they disregard its use.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 10 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Spurs under Arry I must admit I did enjoy watching and they did vary their point of attack depending on the opposition but England came sniffing and it was all downhill from there.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Tottenham under Redknapp was class to watch, these days there just boring, boring and more boring.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Lovely finish

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:39 pm

Leicester 0-1 Villa - Grealish

Should of been a couple up by now tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Super jack.
We are playing well.
Hope can continue second half.

Keep them out till half time.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Mahrez is a joy to watch.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Two lovely goals by Villa. Leicester had just started to really turn the screw and then that is produced by Gil.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Beautiful goal that - sublime finish
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Leicester a sneaky relegation candidate I reckon. Not a lot of quality outside of Mahrez
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Game on. Looked a goal before the technology.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Richie De Laet, the only Norwich player i've ever seen score at Carrow Road.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Thats lovely football. Mahrez incredible clap

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Micah Richards - might wanna you know defend
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Typical villa.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:48 pm

So, is it 2-2?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Mahrez on flames.

It is 3-2

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Fkng rubbish Villa.

Fng psd off now Dolph.

So annoying.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

The state of Aston villa's defence
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:49 pm

What a pass from Mahrez, big balls shown by Dyer getting his head on that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:52 pm

Gotta think this is the kind of thing Lescott will improve on for Villa, but first game is a bit soon. They needed an experienced leader to calm them down. Not sure Sherwood has done enough from the bench either, there was little protection given to the defence and the bench could have done something about that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Micah Richards is so bad, he's Championship level at best and even that's being kind to him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Its such a simple game football.

Time and time again ee make stupid mistakes.

Sick and tired of it.

Bacuna is useless, not a right back. Rather have Hutton, although don't really rate him.

Players being to soft, need to get stuck in more. Fight for the shirt.

Any other team in this league would not have lost.

We have to learn from this. Its poor.

We missed the boat not getting another forward in the window.

Sherwood needs to accept some blame to.

I'm not surprised. Said to the wife at 2-0 up we probably wont win.

Text my brother in law who is a foxes fan and was at the game, at 2-0, that they would score a couple.

Can read Villa like a book.

Having said all that, positives was scoring 2 quality goals.
Think we do have some good players in our side. They just need to fight for it more.

Oh well.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:50 pm

Got to be worried West...leaking goals and when the tide turns the fight doesn't seem to be there. I've never thought much of Sherwood bar him being motivational for a shot period of time. Tactically he isn't up to much and there's a nativity to him at this moment in time.

I do feel for Villa fans but the way the club has operated over past 8 years there's a sense of bringing it on themselves. Initially with the whole thinking the grass was greener without Doug Ellis and then with the whole O'Neil situation who they should never have got rid of in my eyes.

Transfer wise it's not like they haven't spent since he left, expect under Lambet, almost 50 million this year and 120 in the 4 years following his departure...and they have done nothing but go backwards.

I've predicted them to go down for last 3 seasons and ultimately they have scrapped and survived but at the moment they look like a team that are just waiting for that season when they eventually drop. They have become like the battling Saints and West Ham of yesteryears and they ultimately fell and by the end most wanted them too...it's how I feel about Villa now.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Lack of fight, passion is the big worry.
Stupid mistakes, time and time again.

If fairness Sherwood kept us up last season, well Benteke's goals in the end.

This is Sherwood's first full season, will give him time.

I think Ayew could turn out to be our worst ever signing after Balaban.

Just have a feeling he wont be able to cut it in the prem, unlike his brother.

Could well be Guzan's last season at Villa.

I still think we will be ok this season, but if we do go down, then games like today will be the reason why.

Big game next saturday against the Baggies. Have to get 3 points.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Villa players better not take their dogs out for a walk tonight.

They wont be able to hold onto the lead.

In fairness, that dod crack me up.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:44 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Got to be worried West...leaking goals and when the tide turns the fight doesn't seem to be there. I've never thought much of Sherwood bar him being motivational for a shot period of time. Tactically he isn't up to much and there's a nativity to him at this moment in time.

I do feel for Villa fans but the way the club has operated over past 8 years there's a sense of bringing it on themselves. Initially with the whole thinking the grass was greener without Doug Ellis and then with the whole O'Neil situation who they should never have got rid of in my eyes.

Transfer wise it's not like they haven't spent since he left, expect under Lambet, almost 50 million this year and 120 in the 4 years following his departure...and they have done nothing but go backwards.

I've predicted them to go down for last 3 seasons and ultimately they have scrapped and survived but at the moment they look like a team that are just waiting for that season when they eventually drop. They have become like the battling Saints and West Ham of yesteryears and they ultimately fell and by the end most wanted them too...it's how I feel about Villa now.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Spot on Owen
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Not one for wanting clubs to go down.

If anything I'm more clubs staying up.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Interesting, cos this year I dont see that as anything similar to last few years. You cant watch the way that team scored those lovely goals and think they are anything like Lambert's side. Equally, Lambert may have been handcuffed by a lack of real zest in their investment, but he failed to get anywhere near the best out of the players for a good stretch of time.

Sherwood kept them up with ease last year, and has since had to lose his three best players. Considering just how poor they were last year, and Lambert managed them to some real footballing depths, it isnt hard to see their improvement on the pitch under Sherwood. There is basically no comparison between Sherwood's Villa and Lambert's because they are miles apart when you watch them.

I feel I have to offer some defence of them because it comes down to those same arguments that I can see being labelled at us if we stutter this year. You can talk about safety and results of Allardyce, but it says nothing to the feel of a club. Sherwood has tactical deficiencies defensively, but so do so many of the managers in this league. But I think most Villa fans would rather struggle under Sherwood's management than struggle under Lambert's. One was a slow march, the other will be a rollercoaster.

Looking at their results, I dont see too much need for concern. Leicester and Palace as two teams to lose to away is nothing to be worried about. Outside of City they are the two teams playing the best stuff at the moment. They've let in 8 but scored 6. At 5 games in there is very little to really be assessed, let alone of a team that has got rid of Delph, Vlaar and Benteke.

Sherwood will have to learn from that today. They are not the first team who has been a momentum swing be too much to take, even with a lead, away from home. But you cant point to the goals conceded and ignore the goals scored, and the fact they were probably the better side first half.

They probably should have beaten Sunderland, but otherwise they're on par for what I'd have expected. And with it being Sherwood's first full season and the club taking on a new style on the pitch and managing upheaval in the squad I wouldnt lose a minutes sleep just yet.

Sherwood? Doesnt inspire me as a managerial choice, but I can see why Villa fans would like him after the grim reaper before his time.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:32 pm

And I'd ignore Olly's thoughts on Villa, taking Lambert and then sacking him has left an irreversibly bitter taste in his mouth Cool

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:41 pm

I couldn't care less about that now - I just don't think they're very good and Sherwood is a massive bell.

Not the only team I hope goes down either...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Well teams have to for the league format to work westi, Wink I see your point but ultimately 3 teams go down and for me there are teams I'd much rather see drop than others. It obviously changes over time but for the last few years it has been Villa and it continues to be...as I said in part due to the O'Neil situation and in part due to the sense of entitlement a set few fans (not the majority I'm sure) seemed to feel about how they should be pushing on and chasing champions league year on year out.

It's something I actually hate hearing from fans, obviously it's what all fans want for there teams but there's a difference between wanting it and feeling that if they don't get it then the team are crap or for a change of manager to occur. It's something that happens more and more now; teams and fans need to except they have ceilings...obviously try and aim higher but at times be grateful for what you have. Everton fans are suspectible to it...as are Newcastle and on occasions West Ham too. Simple fact is outside of Chelsea, arsenal, city, Utd and Liverpool (even them only just) no team has a right to be chasing and expecting Europa League season in season out never mind champions league. That's the way of this league, it's tight, unpredictable and one season you may finish 6th the next 16th.

I do agree with you Dolph in that they are a much better outfit to watch his year than the dross over the last few. Like I said at the start it's more so the people within the club that has made me feel that way than the fans of the club...they were fighting for Champions league 3 seasons on bounce and they refused to back their manager and then said that they didn't share same visions of club..yet seemingly expected to push on.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Thats well said Dolph.

Watching Villa under Sherwood is better than under Lambert.

Gil should get a good run in the first team.
Good player.

Sherwood needs to have serious words with the team and get them in the right frame of mind for West Brom.

Also, not make silly substitutions. Would not have brought on Ayew, maybe Veretout, or maybe even Clarke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Fair enough Owen.

I was fuming when MON left.

6th three seasons in a row.

Was great. Long way from that now.

On the 3 to go down, as long as Villa survive I don't care who goes down.

Although this season would like to see Bournemouth stay up.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm

Olly wrote:I couldn't care less about that now - I just don't think they're very good and Sherwood is a massive bell.

Cant say I believe that Mr Inwards!

Not quite so sure why you want rid of us this season either.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
It's something I actually hate hearing from fans, obviously it's what all fans want for there teams but there's a difference between wanting it and feeling that if they don't get it then the team are crap or for a change of manager to occur. It's something that happens more and more now; teams and fans need to except they have ceilings...obviously try and aim higher but at times be grateful for what you have. Everton fans are suspectible to it...as are Newcastle and on occasions West Ham too. Simple fact is outside of Chelsea, arsenal, city, Utd and Liverpool (even them only just) no team has a right to be chasing and expecting Europa League season in season out never mind champions league. That's the way of this league, it's tight, unpredictable and one season you may finish 6th the next 16th.

I get your point, but much of it is due to a malaise your club gets into. No fans of a club want to see a manager playing exciting football go, regardless of whether they crack the elite. And without ambition to do more I would say being a football fan is boring.

Take Norwich for example. Chris Hughton did a reasonable job, and the club are not equipped to be a Premier League regular. But Olly was sick of him and wanted the club to be doing more. From cold facts you would say Hughton was fine, but as much as I think he was given unfair stick, theres a certain point my opinion becomes white noise because I don't know how it feels to be supporting that club week in week out.

Moreover, you have to speculate to accumulate at some point. I understand Allardyce would likely have kept us around different spots of midtable, but without ever trying to be more then really Id say we should all give up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Fair play to Leciester and Villa though. 100% the best televised game this season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:26 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Fair play to Leciester and Villa though. 100% the best televised game this season.

I agree

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Olly wrote:I couldn't care less about that now - I just don't think they're very good and Sherwood is a massive bell.

I'm only joking about you guys. Villa, Sunderland and West Brom I want to drop
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:32 pm

A good game for a neutral i would say.

Our next live game is a small matter of a vist from our friends down the road.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm

I want Sunderland down. Realistically, anyway, cos Id love Spurs and Chelsea but that wont happen. West Brom need to prove more than just a squad with loads of centre backs. And Norwich cos I have money on it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

You will be disappointed then olly, come may when we stay up and look forward to the 2016/17, our 29th consecutive season in the top flight. Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:19 pm

westisbest wrote:Fair enough Owen.

I was fuming when MON left.

6th three seasons in a row.

Was great. Long way from that now.

On the 3 to go down, as long as Villa survive I don't care who goes down.

Although this season would like to see Bournemouth stay up.

Don't worry. You're still above us.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:26 pm

Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

And I thought we were friends Sad

You're going to hate it when we come to your place next month and get a 0-1 with 15% possession.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Also only one game I know, but Van Dijk(sp) looked the absolute nuts for Southampton yesterday.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:39 am

Mat wrote:
Olly wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

And I thought we were friends Sad

You're going to hate it when we come to your place next month and get a 0-1 with 15% possession.

It's gonna be horrible Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by gw Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:23 am

Sherwood has a lot to learn, even though i doubt he wilk admit it with an ego the size of Jupitor, at 1-0 you can see him laughing and joking with players, at 2-0 he thought the game was over. Should have been concentrating on keeping your team focussed, or maybe a tactical change when Leicester started getting back into the game.......if he's still there at the end of the season, I'll be amazed if Villa survive.

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:54 am

Think it is about that time again when I start my Rodgers out propaganda! Two truely hideous performances back to back where we got totally outplayed. Team lacks any sort of direction, players being played out of position, players in the starting line up who shouldn't even be at the club! Entire team just looks poor.

Look set to struggle to a top 7 finish at best this year with BR at the helm. In short, send the idiot packing (and let him take Lovren/Allen with him).

** Made a simliar post at the start of the season we ended second which was rightly thrown in my face at the end of the season. Can only pray the same thing happens again...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 am

I agree Brenda is out of his depth. Unfortunately the suarez inspired 2nd place finish has given him enough breathing space to cause long term damage to Liverpool.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by gw Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:42 am

LivinginItaly wrote:I agree Brenda is out of his depth. Unfortunately the suarez inspired 2nd place finish has given him enough breathing space to cause long term damage to Liverpool.
Could be worse, they could have Tim Sherwood as a Manager! Shocked

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next