The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The Premier League thread

+39
socal1976
hampo17
JamesLincs
Crimey
Corporalhumblebucket
gw
Mat
owen10ozzy
sportform
wheelchair1991
Jermaine2015
Atila
nadeem2099
Lowlandbrit
westisbest
Ent
It Must Be Love
kingraf
guildfordbat
compelling and rich
CFCNick
wadey101
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Liam
Hammersmith harrier
Alistair
Trebs
Hero
LivinginItaly
Steffan
Good Golly I'm Olly
lfc91
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Dolphin Ziggler
FIFA Diva
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Fernando
43 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 11 Empty We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by Fernando Sun 23 Aug 2015, 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Galloway off for Browning due to injury

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 11 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm

Rogers is a man under pressure, I just did not get his tactics against Man Utd(the team I support. The Liverpool fans will be very depressed this season, its a far cry from the start of the season when many Liverpool fans said the normal 'its our year' guff.

Phil Thompson makes me laugh, he will still probably defend what's happening at the club despite the fact that its a shambles

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 11 Empty Re: We Go Again! The Premier League thread

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Rogers is a man under pressure, I just did not get his tactics against Man Utd(the team I support.  The Liverpool fans will be very depressed this season, its a far cry from the start of the season when many Liverpool fans said the normal 'its our year' guff.

Phil Thompson makes me laugh, he will still probably defend what's happening at the club despite the fact that its a shambles  

Not even the most deluded of fans (which I am occassionally among) could have believed we would do anything of note this year. Fourth place was about the height of my expectations and that belief (maybe hope is more appropriate) was already starting to waver before the back to back maulings we just recieved, because even the games we won this season we were truely awful.

Bad season ahead I fear..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 3:27 pm

You were without already anointed player of the year Philippe Coutinho

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

lfc91 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:Rogers is a man under pressure, I just did not get his tactics against Man Utd(the team I support.  The Liverpool fans will be very depressed this season, its a far cry from the start of the season when many Liverpool fans said the normal 'its our year' guff.

Not even the most deluded of fans (which I am occassionally among) could have believed we would do anything of note this year. Fourth place was about the height of my expectations and that belief (maybe hope is more appropriate) was already starting to waver before the back to back maulings we just recieved, because even the games we won this season we were truely awful.

Bad season ahead I fear..

I heard some fans saying its our year. I don't even see you getting anywhere near the top 4 I thing Rogers will be gone by the start of next season

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:49 pm

I genuinely believe we're gonna get something at Anfield next Sunday. Think we'll cause you real problems

(Yes I realise this will be thrown back at me when you guys win 3-0)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm

I agree olly. Fully prepared for the third drubbing on the bounce!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:06 pm

I think everybody wants us to win tonight, which would put Chelsea into a relegation spot.

West Ham starting eleven

• 1Randolph
  • 2Reid
  • 5Tomkins
  • 21Ogbonna
  • 3Cresswell
  • 16Noble
  • 8Kouyaté
  • 28Lanzini
  • 20Moses
  • 15Sakho
  • 27Payet

Newcastle starting eleven

• 1Krul
  • 22Janmaat
  • 18Mbemba
  • 2Coloccini
  • 19Haidara
  • 8Anita
  • 4Colback
  • 7Sissoko
  • 5Wijnaldum
  • 20Thauvin
  • 9Cissé

West HamSubstitutes

• 9Carroll
  • 12Jenkinson
  • 14Obiang
  • 19Collins
  • 26Jelavic
  • 30Antonio
  • 34Spiegel

NewcastleSubstitutes

• 10de Jong
  • 11Gouffran
  • 14Obertan
  • 15Lascelles
  • 16Aarons
  • 17Pérez
  • 26Darlow

RefereeAnthony Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm

The only time anyone would want them to win...

Think it'll be 1-2 or 2-2

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:21 pm

Payet is my captain this weekend, so I'm looking forward to this 0-0 draw, if my fantasy football luck is anything to go by.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:27 pm

lfc91 wrote:I agree olly. Fully prepared for the third drubbing on the bounce!

Jerome should cause Skrtel/Lovren real problems with his pace and power, hopefully he'll bring his shooting boots. Wessi in the hole against Lucas is a non contest
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:32 pm

You're about 2 posts from claiming your midfield is "world class", and FL never recovered from that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:37 pm

Toon team bus only pulled up about 15 mins ago so I hear, could be a delayed KO

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm

20:15 I suspect

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:02 pm

On time. Happy days

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:03 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:You're about 2 posts from claiming your midfield is "world class", and FL never recovered from that.

I think those observations are reasonable ones - not like Skrtel/Lovren/Lucas are any good.

Our issue is whether we can defend well and catch their forwards on an off day. Benteke always causes us major issues
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

Gonna be a long night....

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:10 pm

What. A. Goal

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm

Another cracking goal this weekend. Payet doing me proud.

None will come close to Benteke though, has to be said.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:31 pm

There's 15m worth of our former players sat on the benches
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:48 pm

Frustrating half, we're a decent side, just nothing clicking in these opening months. I'd rather have Aarons on, instead of the snail pace that Thauvin brings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 8:49 pm

Nice passing from Newcastle but rarely going anywhere. Imposed themselves more as the half went on. Cant really stop Payet though. Bloke is too good for us.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:05 pm

2-0 - Payet again

Unfortunate for Moses hit the bar.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:06 pm

Thauvin hits first man again, Anita just awful & us making Moses look like Usain Bolt

Game over!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:07 pm

Payet is winning me my head-to-head in FF this week too.

Guy is just so good. And having Moses finally gives us some pace to do something like that

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm

Payet is the signing of the summer IMO.

Fantastic by putting him as captain, he has shown great character.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm

Thauvin is s***, never wanted him either. If we lose to Watford at home next week, I'd imagine McClaren will be gone. He's looking clueless right now, in not picking Aarons or Perez

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:25 pm

John wrote:Thauvin is s***, never wanted him either. If we lose to Watford at home next week, I'd imagine McClaren will be gone. He's looking clueless right now, in not picking Aarons or Perez

Was a strange appointment, and is still proving so. Worrying times, but you have some good quality which a good manager will get the best out of later this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:45 pm

That Moses flick though.

Big Andy back...GSC in 5, 4, 3...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm

Awful performance. Tough early fixtures, but losing patience already with McClaren in sorting us out. 0 goals in 4 games is just unacceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 9:53 pm

Was very easy, and I don't mean to be that guy when I say that, Newcastle just offered very little. We werent at the races for a lot of that game but we had a player of immense quality in Payet.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm

Newcastle were absolutely dire. They played so deep first half and never looked like troubling west ham at all. They're got some talented players but they just can't get get them into games. Think Thuavin has to play 10, doesn't have the pace or the crossing ability out wide imo. De Jong looked bright when coming on but like John has said, where are the goals coming from because they look completely clueless going forward. Payet outstanding. West Ham should be pushing for top 8 this season.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/643532424249495554

Possibly the best thing ever
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:12 pm

Yeah. All of the fan denial videos are gold.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 14 Sep 2015, 11:57 pm

Hammers get a home win. clap If Newcastle's results don't improve fairly rapidly I could see McClaren being given the heave ho before Christmas.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:53 am

To be honest, it's a new squad & we've endured the toughest fixture list, having already played an up to speed Southampton, Swansea away, Man U away, Arsenal at home & now WHU away. Not pleased with how things have gone so far & how things haven't gelled, but not going to worry just yet. Look at Stoke, endured the same kind of difficulties & are 18th, but won't be relegated, so very early still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 2:24 pm

Jack Wilshere requires surgery for his fractured leg, expected to be out until Xmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:40 pm

John wrote:To be honest, it's a new squad & we've endured the toughest fixture list, having already played an up to speed Southampton, Swansea away, Man U away, Arsenal at home & now WHU away. Not pleased with how things have gone so far & how things haven't gelled, but not going to worry just yet. Look at Stoke, endured the same kind of difficulties & are 18th, but won't be relegated,so very early still.

I wouldnt be so dismissive. Theres enough in the melting pot for another bonkers Toon season.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:56 am

We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 11 CPQrMz3WwAAtwTE

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 19 Sep 2015, 12:31 pm

Jordan Henderson goes to America for a heel injury comes back with a broken foot out for 2 months.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

Fernando wrote:Jordan Henderson goes to America for a heel injury comes back with a broken foot out for 2 months.

Bit gutted for him, first season as captain he will have wanted to cement his place as leader. Really makes it look a bit foolish not to have brought in another central midfielder. Milner has looked decent, can certainly make up for the energy, Can is alright but his passing is lacking despite his good runs, Lucas is improving the more game play he gets but is too defensive and Joe Allen is both injured and crap. Not sure who could have been brought in though, Delph was obviously unsure of whether to leave Villa for Manchester City, so doubt Liverpool could have persuaded him. Could have tried to splash out on a Pjanic, but without Champions League football, it would have been a stretch.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm

Costa should be off
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

He's an absolute nasty piece of work

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

Disgusting refereeing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

jose must be crying with laughter on the inside

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

I bet it'll kick off in the tunnel in a second

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:35 pm

Well that's my bet for the day won We Go Again! The Premier League thread - Page 11 3559488474 Soon as i saw Mike Dean was ref knew we were finishing with 10 men Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:36 pm

How the hell has Costa stayed on the pitch and Gabriel got sent off; shows why players roll around really, if Koscielny had I bet the decision would have been different. Disgusting as per f***ing usual when Chelsea are involved.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:36 pm

I'm not an advocate of violence on the pitch, but I'd happily see someone spark Costa out.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:38 pm

Hero wrote:I'm not an advocate of violence on the pitch, but I'd happily see someone spark Costa out.

Was hoping Gabriel would do it - how Costa is still on the pitch is beyond everyone. Awful atrocious refereeing
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm

Hero wrote:I'm not an advocate of violence on the pitch, but I'd happily see someone spark Costa out.

He deserves a Thatchering or two.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next