The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark

+8
President Trump
Samo
dyrewolfe
Dr Shoe
Kay Fabe
Brilliant_yep
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
12 posters

Go down

Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark Empty Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm

Thread I saw somewhere a while ago that I very much enjoyed.

Some examples:

Will this awful Tom Vs. Jerry feud ever Frak end?
Tom is a talented performer and is buried by that Poopie comedy character Jerry each week.
Frak Jerry.

Did WW2 really need the Americans? And Pear Harbor?! Who booked that?! Classic LOLUSAWINS

I don't hate Kanye West the person, I just hate his character.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark Empty Re: Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 03 Sep 2015, 10:54 pm

I think Saido Berahino has good work rate but reports in the sheets about his backstage attitude are a real turn off.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark Empty Re: Criticise something that isn't wrestling as a smark

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:36 pm

Why am I in some Poopie love triangle feud when I should be getting a major push?

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:50 pm

Man Utd are totally burying David De Gea

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Sep 2015, 12:21 am

If you ask me Maggie Simpson is not good enough on the mic for her spot.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Fri 04 Sep 2015, 9:14 am

I rate this forum 4/10 as it made me lose my smile

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 04 Sep 2015, 1:51 pm

Miley Cyrus' latest gimmick is just a total rip-off of Madonna's early work.

Run
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:16 pm

One Direction followed the A-typical stable formula so to the T its embarrasing. Im just waiting for them to reform to oust The Wanted from the No1.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm

I was just watching some classics and I still can't believe Jesus' no sell after the Crucifixion

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 04 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

They only put that twist at the end of Usual Suspects as the dirt sheets had got hold of the planned finish.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 04 Sep 2015, 5:18 pm

Still can't believe how badly the so-called "creative team" messed up the Ashes Series. Next to no build-up - you could see a lot of the talent weren't really match-fit...resulted in a lot of botched moves.

What was the idea with stipulating pitches that so obviously favoured one side or the other? Completely took all the drama out of the series which was won before the last match.

The booking was all wrong. Faces that were already well over (such as Joe Root) only got even more over, while some of the heels (notably Mitchell Johnson) were just made to look clownish. Also why was Ian Bell still being pushed? He's a mid-card jobber at best these days and shouldn't be anywhere near a main event. Totally failed to create a plausible storyline IMO...

Wink

Last edited by dyrewolfe on Sat 05 Sep 2015, 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 04 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm

Taylor Swift is definitely due a heel turn soon.

Arsene Wenger is wrongfully criticised for not spending money, his push for the title will be a slow burn...a very slow burn.

Manchester United is becoming a bit of a joke with it's constant change of members. How are they supposed to generate heat if they keep chopping and changing their members. This is Aces & Eights all over again.

Jeremy Corbyn may sell out bingo halls and community centre, but can he really do it on the big stage and be a major draw for the casuals?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 04 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm

Fellaini's face turn is a good example of what can happen if you repackage a player differently
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Fri 04 Sep 2015, 7:34 pm

Is Phil Mitchell a heel or face at the moment?
He's had more turns than Big Show.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 07 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm

I want my gardener to do the job but there's so much heat in the greenhouse. The only way he'll break the glass ceiling out there is if he threw a stone through it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:08 am

The Scotland-Germany game was classic underdog story telling, but without the cliched fairytale ending. The plucky underdog took the champion to their limits but in the end, the champions class shone through and the prevailed in the end.

Kinda like Rocky.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 08 Sep 2015, 11:58 pm

When I was on holiday last weekend I went to see Wicked with the missus, overall I enjoyed it but I felt many of the angles were hotshotted and there was too much going on, who was booking this Russo? Many of the characters were so shades of grey it was hard to decide who to root for, chief offender was the Wizard with his swerve heel turn that came with about 3 minutes of build up!

On the positive side the talent really delivered when given time, Emma Hatton in particular stole the show with defying gravity, a real 5* performance that was paced well with plenty of high spots and peaked right at the finish, this song could have main evented any show (apart from Les Miserables perhaps but I'm a real mark for that show) and I thought it was disappointing they buried it pre intermission and didn't revisit it

Another thing that bothered me were the munchkins were too tall, in this business the look is as important as anything and booking them in this role really hurt my suspension of disbelief, say what you want about the MGM territory but like a good lucha promotion they knew how to get the best out of their minis

Finally after the final angle they did a curtain call which completely shattered kayfabe! This isn't NXT thank you very much!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:09 pm

Getting all biblical on yo' asses for a moment...

How badly messed up was Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection?

Granted Judas Iscariot's heel turn was brilliantly executed...though somewhat spoiled by the fact JC predicted in the previous show someone would betray him. Poor scripting right there!

However, the Disciples faction was made to look totally weak and almost irrelevant by the fact they utterly failed to save their leader from the Roman faction. They let him get beat down without even attempting any interference.

Worse still was JC's booking throughout the whole saga. Here you have the biggest face champ of all time, using his Son of God gimmick to heal the sick and feed the hungry, yet suddenly he is competely unable to conjure up any signature moves or finishers to save himself.

He ends up being buried, both figuratively and literally. Its down to his dad (a.k.a The Big G-Daddy) to save him and even then he doesn't so much as return for a grudge match against Judas. I'm thinking a no-DQ street fight would have been great.

Turns out the whole premise behind this storyline is that JC was supposed to die to save mankind (not Mick Foley folks!). I'm thinking having him at the head of an army of avenging angels, kicking Roman butt all the way to back to Italy would've been a far bigger draw. Can you imagine the TV ratings and PPV buy-in for something like that?

Can only think TNA's creative team must've been behind this one. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down