The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Network.

+5
Dolphin Ziggler
Prometheus
Paul Mac 6CW
Marky
Scott is Back
9 posters

Go down

WWE Network. Empty WWE Network.

Post by Scott is Back Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:19 pm

Hi Guys & Gals...

Just wondered what your opinions were on the WWE Network?

I recently signed up to it (on the basis that if it was pants, I could cancel after the free month!), and im impressed with the back catalogue, and will certainly be watching a lot of the old Wrestlemania's, and have already watched 3 or 4 Royal Rumbles!

My only gripe is, why do they not show the episodes of Raw/Smackdown? I could potentially knock £30 off my sky bill if they did!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

WWE Network. Empty Re: WWE Network.

Post by Marky Tue 06 Oct 2015, 3:53 pm

I enjoy it, I watch NXT weekly, watched most of Swerved, plus all the back catalogues and old and new PPV's. All Raw and Smackdown episodes make it but only 4 weeks after they air, but I use Sky Go for those anyway.

Plus all the interviews like JBL's interview with Eric Bischoff, and the Network Specials like the Kliq, WCW and other such documentaries. Worth it for me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 06 Oct 2015, 4:02 pm

I am half way through the second part of the Bischoff interview and I am not enjoying it at all - The whole interview is from a WWE perspective and the idea that just because Bischoff made a profit with WCW that Time Warner should have offered him a role somewhere else in the company is ludicrous - He was a wrestling guy who made a profit with a wrestling company why would they think he would be of any use in another department just because he was a success in WCW?

I was really hoping for an insight into what happened back there but the only really interesting stuff is when they start trashing on Russo - The rest of the interview is about how Vince was great and he was too good for little old WCW - Really bad WWE propaganda TBF

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 06 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm

Did WWE win the Monday Night Wars in the end?

It's something they hardly seem to mention, so it's really hard to know what the outcomes was.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 06 Oct 2015, 5:46 pm

I did see someone comparing WWE's fawning over the Monday Nigjt Wars to a situation where HBO made Game of Thrones but were more interested in promoting a How The Sopranos Was Made series.

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 06 Oct 2015, 5:48 pm

They show RAW episodes but theres about a months delay because of the TV Deal.

Personally, I think the Network is great value for what you get, Im currently working my way through my personal wreslting history again, and its such an easy way to watch old matches you wouldnt otherwise be able to see but have been recommended to.

Then theres NXT which - and I hate to admit - has been going through a bit of a transitional lul at the moment but its generally the best weekly show out there. And if you're the kind of person that would pay for every PPV anyway theres really no reason to not have the Network.

Is it without its flaws? No. Does it have downsides to the business? Possibly. But its excellent value for money.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:26 pm

TOTAL DIVAS.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:33 pm

Brilliant_yep wrote:TOTAL DIVAS.

Out.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 07 Oct 2015, 10:37 pm

Table for 3 is a good little concept. Basically three superstars sit down in an empty restaurant and chat about their careers.

I've watched one with The New Day, and one with Dean Ambrose, Cesaro and Kevin Owens.

Others I've yet to try are:
Roddy Piper, Gene Okerlund and Paul Orndorff
Alundra Blayze, Ivory and Molly Holly
Daniel Bryan, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:12 pm

I watched all of them but the Piper one on a long train ride yesterday and I enjoyed them all, especially the Ryback,Bryan & Ziggler one - Genuinely funny and good to see the camaraderie that exists between them

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by g_mac Thu 22 Oct 2015, 9:01 pm

Anyone able to offer any advice, I watch the Network on my iPad however I was watching Wrestlemania 25 and for some reason subtitles appeared. Iv checked the settings on my iPad and they are showing as off and the network settings doesn't have the options. The "cc" button doesn't change anything either. Any ideas on how to turn it off? It's pretty annoying.

g_mac

Back to top Go down

Post by g_mac Mon 26 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

And why does the WWE insist on having the ppv spoilers on the default screen when you open up the network app. I don't stay up for the ppv etc and will generally catch it a day to two later, but 9/10 this screen ruins it for me with it being a title change/injury/return etc.

g_mac

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm

Don't open the app then?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 26 Oct 2015, 2:36 pm

The problem is the WWE App and the Network App are one and the same, it defaults to the WWE app when you open it. A seperate app for the Network would be better.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down