The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative?

+14
Kay Fabe
AZZJ44
The_Enigma
RinoGattuso
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
VDT
liverbnz
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
NickisBHAFC
Samo
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
18 posters

Go down

What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative? Empty What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative?

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Saw this somewhere else and thought it could be interesting discussion here.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative? Empty Re: What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative?

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:27 pm

K Fed getting a win over Cena

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative? Empty Re: What do you think was a serious low point in WWE creative?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:36 pm

John Cena

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:55 pm

K Fed was a serious low.

WrestleMania 27 in fact, almost ALL of 2011 was terrible.

Michael Cole's heel turn.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:12 pm

Kevin Nash texting himself

Batista winning the royal rumble 2014

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Katie Vick. Raw Anon GM.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Hornswoggle revealed as Vince's son
Hornswoggle revealed as the Anon GM
Vince revealed as the Higher Power

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 am

ECW One Night Stand 2006, particularly the main event, Sabu out before the match, Hardcore Holly in, Punk eliminated first, RVD eliminated 3rd, Lashley wins, 'Frak you ECW'

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:33 am

I'd say now is pretty low. They have no WWE champion and all the prospective contenders to the vacant title are not particularly worthy (not including Daniel Bryan). I 'm not sure the title has ever been in a worse position. Some are just not good enough (yet), but others have not been booked correctly to get themselves into that position.

As an example, Bray Wyatt would be a fantastic heel champion. But a) he keeps getting beat so has no credibility and b) is not a full blown heel.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:44 pm

We’ve started watching early Raws from the 90’s and one of the first story lines was Repoman robbing Macho Man’s hat and the efforts Randy would go through to get his hat back.

It was Thrilling!!!

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Big Boss Man dragging the Big Show's dad's casket across the cemetery lawn

Stay classy, Vince...

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:38 pm

Trying to transfer Daniel Bryan's popularity, push and catchphrase to the Big Show.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Steph being the owner of ECW during the Invasion with Paul Heyman as the Alliance Cheerleader
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Great Khali getting a world title

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 pm

That lad who was supposed to be from the Middle East post-9/11 who was actually of Italian heritage but he was a swarthy dude so he'd do for people scream "USA USA" at.

Also...Eugene. WTF!?!?!?!

JBL become some kind of Wall Street/JR Ewing hybrid as opposed to part of the A.P.A with Ron "Farooq" Simmons

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:25 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Big Boss Man dragging the Big Show's dad's casket across the cemetery lawn

Stay classy, Vince...

Lies Bossman's run vs The Big Show was amazing

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:37 pm

I have to say I enjoyed Bossman as a heel. Yes, he went to ridiculous lengths to get heat, but he was a proper bad guy. He was also a good talker and had that clichéd 'moves well for a big guy' tag which was probably true.

The crowd just weren't into Big Show at the time. He was an out-of-the-blue champion that floated around the mid/upper card. He was also gaining a lot more weight.

Last edited by liverbnz on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:ECW One Night Stand 2006, particularly the main event, Sabu out before the match, Hardcore Holly in, Punk eliminated first, RVD eliminated 3rd, Lashley wins, 'Frak you ECW'

Someone has the wrong PPV.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Samo wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:ECW One Night Stand 2006, particularly the main event, Sabu out before the match, Hardcore Holly in, Punk eliminated first, RVD eliminated 3rd, Lashley wins, 'Frak you ECW'

Someone has the wrong PPV.

Damnit

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Cole getting raped

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Lies Bossman's run vs The Big Show was amazing

I still actually have the video of their WWF Championship match and it lasted about 3 minutes Laugh

Speaking of Bossman, do you remember his grudge with Al Snow when he killed his dog which lead to the Kennel from Hell match. Couple of other highlights have to be The Anonymous Raw General Manager than ran for way to long and WWE's attempt at the ultimate Who did it storyline... The Vince McMahon Limo Explosion angle.

House - I'm sure it was the December to Dismember PPV you were thinking of

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Eugene is a good one. It got over, somehow, but who pitched the idea? "Yeah, so, we want basically a re***d (aware thats insensitive but this is a WWE pitch) who people just like because hes nuts."

Hulk Hogan beating Yokozuna in Bret Hart's title match

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:28 pm

You need to give a huge amount of credit to the video production team who managed to make Triple H vs Eugene compelling. In hindsight it wasnt actually that bad, Trips using Eugene to screw over Benoit so HHH could get the WHC back, then him turning on Eugene once Eugene cost him the title match.

The who gimmick of Eugene was poor, but it actually gave us great moments.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:16 pm

No one mentioned Mike Adamle.
Big show and Kane eliminating too many at this years rumble.
Might not be as bad as the others but Jericho becoming the first undisputed champion when they had stone cold and the rock there.
Hated all of stone colds heel run too. Awful although his stuff with Angle was quite funny. Too far removed from the stone cold that had kept me watching wrestling just a few years earlier.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:47 pm

AZZJ44 wrote:No one mentioned Mike Adamle.  
Big show and Kane eliminating too many at this years rumble.
Might not be as bad as the others but Jericho becoming the first undisputed champion when they had stone cold and the rock there.
Hated all of stone colds heel run too. Awful although his stuff with Angle was quite funny. Too far removed from the stone cold that had kept me watching wrestling just a few years earlier.

Cant agree. The Rock and Austin were already bonafide stars and didnt need the accolade of being the first undisputed Champion. It was too early to tell where Angle was and where his career was going. Jericho was a veteran all over the world by this point. In hindsight it was his booking afterward that was urine poor - they never did anything with him again until his return in 07.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Disagree, Chris Jericho should never have been the 1st undisputed Champion, Vince had WCW and was in prelim talks at the time with the nWo

The very obvious fact for me should have been Stone Cold winning the WWF Title, Hulk Hogan winning the WCW Title in the Royal Rumble Match since it was the 10 year Anniversary of the only time the Title was up for grabs in the Rumble match (1992)

That would have set up Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 18 for the first ever Undisputed World Champion at the very biggest show of the Year.

I understand that means we wouldn't have got Rock/Hogan but from a storyline prespective looking at the first ever Undisputed World Champion alone then thats what I believe should've happened.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:56 pm

In a perfect world that would have been ideal, but if neither Hogan nor Austin where willing to job to the other with nothing on the line, putting the titles on the line would have been an incredibly combustible scenario.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:59 pm

I think Hogan would have done the job. And Austin would have trusted his position as WWF champ enough to not fear Hogan's shenanigans. I thought it was more of a trust issue than a jobbing issue.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:07 am

Messing up the Demolition vs Legion of Doom angle in the early 1990's. That should of been THE greatest tag team angle ever.

It started here, in probably the best tag team match ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2La9VqfbzI

This is kind of the match that got me into wrestling in the 90's.
Always loved Demolition, and hated LoD for what they did at the end, fun starts at 18:30 when Demolition start to cheat.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Shifty wrote:Messing up the Demolition vs Legion of Doom angle in the early 1990's.  That should of been THE greatest tag team angle ever.

It started here, in probably the best tag team match ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2La9VqfbzI

This is kind of the match that got me into wrestling in the 90's.  
Always loved Demolition, and hated LoD for what they did at the end, fun starts at 18:30 when Demolition start to cheat.  

The problem here is while Demolition were the WWF's answer to the Road Warriors, by the time they got to the WWF (as LoD) Ax was on his way out after Vince thought he had a dodgy heart (turns out he didn't) so while many expected LoD vs Demolition it would never have been the proper battle it could have been with just Ax/Smash vs Animal/Hawk.. I don't blame Crush, despite probably being more badass than either of the other two members it never felt right.

I don't think we can blame creative for this one.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 pm

The Divas/Women from Trishs retirement match through to about 3 weeks ago

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Id also go with Raw for the last 5/6 weeks (until this week) simply because its was almost a repeat

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Big Boss Man dragging the Big Show's dad's casket across the cemetery lawn

Stay classy, Vince...

Lies Bossman's run vs The Big Show was amazing

Agree

"With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked
Im sorry to hear your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be burried and eaten by worms
But if I had a son as stupid as you
I'd wish for cancer so I would die too
So be brave and get your life back on track
Cause the old bastards dead and he aint ever comming back"

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:21 pm

A lot of you might not agree with these but....

The booking of Brock Lesnar since Summerslam 2015.

The Rock winning the title from CM Punk.

James Ellsworth being employed. It just degrades AJ Styles' awesome year.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Mr H wrote:A lot of you might not agree with these but....

The booking of Brock Lesnar since Summerslam 2015.

The Rock winning the title from CM Punk.

James Ellsworth being employed. It just degrades AJ Styles' awesome year.

I agree with all of them.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:29 pm

I think Ellsworth has been great, it's not something I've ever really seen before and I've enjoyed it. I think he should go after Survivor Series, have Braun Strowman destroy him or something. Then he can have a brief return at the Royal Rumble and that can be the end of Ellsworth WWE career. I actually think it has helped AJ Styles as a heel.

I'd agree that the booking of Lesnar has been poor since the ending of the Undertaker feud. The main problem was that he clearly lost interest when he decided he was going to return to UFC. People are trying to set up a revisionist history where he was always lazy and didn't care but look at Royal Rumble 2015 main event and say that. He wanted to protect himself for his fighting return and then since then he's not really been involved enough to be able to say how good he is. The Orton match was disappointing, but I always felt their styles wouldn't gel. 

I think the true low point in WWE creative was around 2010-11 with the Anonymous GMs, Cena burying everything, Jericho's great heel run was ending, Batista and Jeff Hardy had left, Edge and Shawn Michaels retired, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk hadn't really got going. They seriously lacked top stars and then you add in things like heel Michael Cole and it just adds up as truly awful.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down