The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 1st Round Group D

+3
Prometheus
Samo
Dr Gregory House MD
7 posters

Go down

Please vote for the 2 wrestlers you believe have generated the best work in the past 12-18 Months

V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap11%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap35%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 16 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap43%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 20 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap7%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_lcap4%V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 46

Poll closed

V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Empty V2 WWC 1st Round Group D

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 10 Nov 2015, 12:38 am

The V2 WWC enters its second day, a more WWE (specifically NXT) centric group now, interestingly the tournament so far has seen more non WWE guys progress (Cole, Havoc & Styles) than WWE guys (Rollins & Taker), can the Villian continue that today?

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember each person is allowed 2 votes per group in the first round

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The top 2 will progress in to round 2

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 1st Round Group D Empty Re: V2 WWC 1st Round Group D

Post by Samo Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:20 am

This should have been Dolph Zigglers year after last years Survivor Series, but he's not went anywhere - to the point I dont think he will anymore. He's not been bad, but a victim of poor booking, and hasnt changed any, so sorry Ziggles, but you're out.

Finn Balor has had a brilliant year, from winning the NXT title and the Duthty Clathic. Cant remember him having a bad match, and his most recent outing with Apollo Crewes was excellent. Vote 1.

Baron Corbin has improved greatly, but still not quite there.

D-von.. nope.

I dont like Soloman Crowe. Dont like his attire, his music, his look, his anything. Dont get it. He couldnt even make it on the NXT Brooklyn Card and that had every wrestler in the planet on it. Cant vote for him.

Havent seen enough Marty Scurll to make a judgement.

Cesaro gets my second vote. The way I've written it makes it seem like he's only getting it because no one else is, but thats not true. From his work with Kidd as tag champs to how much he has gotten over as a singles star he deserves a vote from everyone. He might not win it, but he'll go a fair bit.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:30 am

Cesaro gets my #1 vote.  He's so reliable in the ring, brings the best out of everyone he works with.  I loved his tag matches and his singles work.  He might not grasp the brass ring and push himself forwards as WWE wants, but for this viewer he always delivers.

I'd heard stuff that made me interested in Crowe before he debuted in NXT.  But man, just like Samo says, everything about him sucks.

Corbin, I'm still quite meh on.  As a singles wrestler, has he gone above 2.5*?  D'von is also out.

Ziggler, I thought was the standout in the Mania ladder match (but I didn't think it was a really great match). And his fight with Bryan the following night was really good. But after that, he's mostly there for me. As others say he should have been pushed after Survivor Series, or if Bryan had stayed fit and they'd had a long program that would have been great work. As it is, he's not exciting me as much as the other two.

That leaves me with the Villain and the Prince.  Scurll has it right now, his character is down pat and he is very consistent in the ring.  Balor, it seemed to take him a time to get used to NXT, but the introduction of Joe and giving Balor the belt seem to have moved him on.  This is close.  But because of the 18 month rule, I feel that I can include Prince Devitt work (e.g. the Junior's fight with Ibushi at WK 8, or his absolutely show-stealing Joker entrance in Progress 13).  And, just because he was so strong coming into NXT, then dipped a bit, but is so strong again, my second vote goes to Finn.  No party for Marty.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

Pretty much as above with the reasoning, Cesaro and Finn, but I feel bad for not picking Marty Scurll. Hard to see past Cesaro and Finn Balor really even with Ziggler in the group.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 10 Nov 2015, 9:51 am

I agree Marky, but if this had been before Beast in the East and was purely on the Finn Balor work, I'd not have voted for him. For me it is only his stuff before NXT and after he started the program with Owens that has him over the line. And in theory he should be much closer to Cesaro than I'm ranking him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Nov 2015, 3:14 pm

Cesaro and Finn Balor again.

Hard to look past Cesaro, even with inconsistent booking he has never looked better. Balor is the star of NXT right now and has had consistently good matches even if I'm not a huge fan, I'm not sure Ziggler, D-Von or Corbin can touch him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 10 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm

Like Marty, but not sure he's there yet.

I like Balor, I'm hyped for him, but I still don't quite "get" him. I don't quite think he's amazing at anything, or has shown it anyway.

No interest in Crowe or D-Von.

Corbin I like, I really do, but hes not done enough.

Ziggler did some brilliant stuff up to and including last years Survivor Series. And a little bit after. Some of his face promos are better than WWE have, but he doesnt get the chance to do it often enough and then has been booked like a chump. But he's pulled out some brilliance in 18 months so he can have my other vote.

"My other vote" because Cesaro is a nailed on pick.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 10 Nov 2015, 8:18 pm

Balor and the much improved Corbin for me, cesaro through no fault of his own has had a decisively average year. Ziggler is in the same boat.

Scurrl unlucky to be in thus group as he's been superb thus year

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:50 pm

I've gone for Cesaro and Scurll

Cesaro is an easy first pick for me, he may be the best in ring worker in all of wrestling for me at the moment, I can't agree with Gregers assertion he's had an average year, he's had more great matches than anyone in WWE aside from Cena and perhaps Rollins or Owens, and he hasn't been featured nearly as strongly as those 3, his tag team with Kidd from the start of the year was also excellent but sadly seems to have been forgotten a little bit

Scurll on the other hand I'm giving the vote to as I feel he has reached another level this year, unlike Ziggler and Balor who I feel haven't quite reached levels they were at previously in there careers (I think Balor's excellent but can't shake the feeling there's more to come), Marty has embraced the Villian character and has asserted himself as a major player on the UK scene, he also got his big US break at BOLA, where he managed to stand out even amongst the cream of Indy wrestling performing at 110%, there is a legit buzz for him amongst US Indy followers who weren't familiar with him before

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 10 Nov 2015, 11:07 pm

Voting closed for today

This group proved to be a 2 horse race between 2 of the great European wrestlers in the world today, Cesaro managed to overcome the handicap of being too damn Swiss and top the group with 20 points, narrowly beating out County Wicklows finest Finn Balor who finished on 16

This group also featured our first 2 nil points of the tournament thus far with no love for D-Von or Solomon Crowe

The V2 WWC will resume tomorrow with Groups E & F

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down