The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonight's action thread....

+45
AZZJ44
Noble-Surfer
Wpwp86
B.A. BARACUS
milkyboy
tunes666
hazharrison
Dipper Brown
qc2
ONETWOFOREVER
Steffan
superflyweight
lfc91
Yojimbonufc
SweetScience
Mad for Chelsea
Herman Jaeger
Seanusarrilius
BoxingFan88
LeinsterFan4life
Fernando
owen10ozzy
Pound-for-Pound
3fingers
DuransHorse
mobilemaster8
Jermaine2015
rob-glos
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
EX7EY
GSC
jimdig
Mr Bounce
wheelchair1991
kingraf
Good Golly I'm Olly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
ShahenshahG
catchweight
Duty281
AdamT
seanmichaels
hampo17
eirebilly
TRUSSMAN66
49 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Tonight's action thread.... - Page 7 Empty Tonight's action thread....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here we go...

A hero...

An embarrassment..

A glorious loser....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tonight's action thread.... - Page 7 Empty Re: Tonight's action thread....

Post by hazharrison Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:40 pm

Dave and Hammersmith currently listening to metal turned up to 11.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:44 pm

hazharrison wrote:
catchweight wrote:Hopefully this should put to bed some of the stuff about the greatness of Klitschko.

Amen to that. Ticker problem.

Yup, that was two heavyweights in there that would be also rans in any other era I have seen. Klitschko totally ordinary when his one paced gameplan is taken away.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:46 pm

Bet there are a few glum faces Smile

Great fight, great game plan, took a couple shots, won the fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:47 pm

In fairness Wlad is 39...

Cut him a little slack.....But Fury's height and reach did make him reluctant to engage..

Time for a new exciting era...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:48 pm

That is a juicy prospect, EZ7EY. Fury deserves all the plaudits. He just beat Drone Face in Germany!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:50 pm

Think Wlad will want another go...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:51 pm

catchweight wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
catchweight wrote:Hopefully this should put to bed some of the stuff about the greatness of Klitschko.

Amen to that. Ticker problem.

Yup, that was two heavyweights in there that would be also rans in any other era I have seen. Klitschko totally ordinary when his one paced gameplan is taken away.

Klitschko hadn't slipped, he's just a control freak who looked like a man juggling a wet bar of soap. Can you imagine what Lennox or Evander would have done with Wlad? Ali would have given him a nervous breakdown.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:52 pm

People should have a re-read of the "predictions" thread. The utter certainty with which Hammersmith and Coxy predict Wlad to splatter Fury within a few rounds is quite amusing, given Wlad has hardly ever done so. Nothing to do with their political views on Fury's background I'm sure Whistle Very Happy Laugh

Fairplay to Haz, he and I don't see eye-to-eye on most things, but he's the only one who called this going anything like it went tonight. Good call clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 Nov 2015, 11:55 pm

Not sure, Truss. He is loaded and 40 so would be wise to call it a day, but he might fancy it

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:00 am

Fantastic. Gutted I missed it. Thought fury was much improved but I couldn't see him pulling this off.

Spare a thought for hammy, Dave and coxy. Dave in particular will be brought down from the high of his SLAYER gig in cruel fashion.

I'm sure they'll all drop by to eat a bit of humble and offer their congrats to fury... For his hollow victory over a shot wlad.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:01 am

Well done Fury but Wlad really did put in a pi$$ poor performance.

Whilst Klit is the more accomplished boxer and technically more proficient, his major weakness, which is lack of heart, was glaringly exposed by Fury tonight.

Having watched the build up to this fight, it was clear that Tyson's erratic behaviour was disturbing Wlad.

Wlad's major weapons, his jab and right hand, were nullified by Fury's size and movement but the biggest impediment to his performance, was his own reluctance to engage.

Clearly the knockouts he has suffered in his career, weigh heavily on his mind, when he cannot boss an opponent with his size and reach.

Cannot take anything away from Fury though, he fought the perfect fight in and outside of the ring - i personally thought he was going to get chinned within 6 rounds.

If Vitali was still active, i think he'd be clamouring to avenge his brother's defeat and i would fancy him to win as he mentally stronger than his brother.

Fury will be awkward for any fighter though, his size and reach are a tremendous leveller against more skilled operators, however his defence isn't the best.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:02 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:People should have a re-read of the "predictions" thread. The utter certainty with which Hammersmith and Coxy predict Wlad to splatter Fury within a few rounds is quite amusing, given Wlad has hardly ever done so. Nothing to do with their political views on Fury's background I'm sure Whistle Very Happy Laugh

Fairplay to Haz, he and I don't see eye-to-eye on most things, but he's the only one who called this going anything like it went tonight. Good call clap

Thanks mate. I've been off for a while (and bottled it by going with Klitschko) but I knew Fury would give him fits. Nice kid Fury - nothing like the guy he plays up as on TV.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:03 am

Not sure Fury will want a re-match straight away TBH, if he takes it and wins he's just beaten an even older version of Wlad, and if he loses it's an embarassing loss to a 40 year old, or something. Time isn't on Wlad's side, so unless the re-match is pretty much immediate I'm not sure he should wait. The scorecards were fairly clear (and about right IMO) and the fight while intriguing hardly a classic, so not sure there'll be a huge amount of appetite either.

Wlad has had a fine career, with a good reign as HW champion - not his fault he didn't fight anyone particularly good - but in his previous two fights has looked a little old. Maybe time to go, as it should be, the old champion passing on his belts to the younger buck.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:04 am

B.A. BARACUS wrote:Well done Fury but Wlad really did put in a pi$$ poor performance.

Whilst Klit is the more accomplished boxer and technically more proficient, his major weakness, which is lack of heart, was glaringly exposed by Fury tonight.

Having watched the build up to this fight, it was clear that Tyson's erratic behaviour was disturbing Wlad.

Wlad's major weapons, his jab and right hand, were nullified by Fury's size and movement but the biggest impediment to his performance, was his own reluctance to engage.

Clearly the knockouts he has suffered in his career, weigh heavily on his mind, when he cannot boss an opponent with his size and reach.

Cannot take anything away from Fury though, he fought the perfect fight in and outside of the ring - i personally thought he was going to get chinned within 6 rounds.

If Vitali was still active, i think he'd be clamouring to avenge his brother's defeat and i would fancy him to win as he mentally stronger than his brother.

Fury will be awkward for any fighter though, his size and reach are a tremendous leveller against more skilled operators, however his defence isn't the best.

You're dead on. Vitali looked so glum in the corner. He knows Wlad doesn't have that inherent toughness he himself does. Fair play to Fury's team, too. The gloves, the canvas, the wraps - they refused to be bullied and dictated to in the way so many others have done.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by EX7EY Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:05 am

I don't think Wlad will fancy another crack at Fury personally. Pretty sure wlad would now have to come to the UK and I dont think he'll fancy that when he couldn't deal with a Fury in Germany. Not even a split card even with a point deducted in his favour.

I think Wlad is the product of a way below average generation of heavyweights and Fury exposed that tonight. Yes this is an aged Wlad and its easy to get old overnight in boxing we all know this. However, I just think Fury whilst he may be mental and not particularly pretty to watch is a tough, awkward fighter who can take a punch.

People think because he's hit the deck he's chinny. This is heavyweight boxing, you get caught you can go.

I think Fury sees off challengers with relative ease until he meets Joshua in 12-18 months.

Looking at it now Joshua could well ebs up being the golden boy of heavyweight boxing for the next 5-10 years if all goes to plan.

Eddie hearn will be creaming his knickers tonight

EX7EY

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:06 am

Fight reminded me of Holmes v Spinks 1....

You were always waiting for Wlad to get going like Larry..

But it never happened. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:08 am

Fury wouldnt let him. Klit could not get off. Fury\s stamina was superb, too. Especially considering the adrenaline he must have been leaking

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Wpwp86 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:13 am

I've never been a fury fan, but tonight he executed a fight plan. It worked. Wald didn't age he just couldn't handle a game plan. A rematch might be different but let's enjoy tonight.

Wpwp86

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fight reminded me of Holmes v Spinks 1....

You were always waiting for Wlad to get going like Larry..

But it never happened. .

That's a good comparison. The herky-jerky movement of Spinks threw Big Lar' off.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:17 am

milkyboy wrote:Fantastic. Gutted I missed it. Thought fury was much improved but I couldn't see him pulling this off.

Spare a thought for hammy, Dave and coxy. Dave in particular will be brought down from the high of his SLAYER gig in cruel fashion.

I'm sure they'll all drop by to eat a bit of humble and offer their congrats to fury... For his hollow victory over a shot wlad.

Why would they do that when they had Klitschko clearly winning the fight?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:17 am

BIG MICK IS THE NEW DON KING OF BOXING!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Noble-Surfer Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:19 am

Fair play to Fury... acts like an idiot outside the ring, but it seems he's the only one who doesn't take himself seriously outside the ring. Inside the ring, he looked focussed, followed a clear game plan, fought to his strengths and nullified Wlad's. Fully deserved the unanimous decision.

Noble-Surfer

Back to top Go down

Post by AZZJ44 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:20 am

Really wanted Fury to win even though common sense said he'd lose. Tactically brilliant performance. Played the game from batman to the staredown in the ring and always had the upper hand. Great stuff.

Wilder after a voluntary. See that being a better fight. Joshua next if Josh makes it that far. I'm a Fury fan win or lose though.

AZZJ44

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:21 am

Fury v Wilder would be a really fun fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:22 am

milkyboy wrote:Spare a thought for hammy, Dave and coxy. I'm sure they'll all drop by to eat a bit of humble and offer their congrats to fury...
Will these three even find out about the result? I doubt very much that the Daily Mail are going to be reporting on this story...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by B.A. BARACUS Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:25 am

At several points in the last couple of rounds, i thought Fury's shorts were going to slip down.

It was clearly distracting him as he kept on pulling them up, whilst also attempting to stay out of Wlad's reach.

If nothing else, i guess it demonstrates that, despite his buffoonery outside of the ring, he has the ability to remain composed when needed.

B.A. BARACUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:29 am

After Fury's Batman escapade I can see Hollywood calling him and asking him to play a cameo role in an X-Man Movie or something.  I see Fury going from boxer to box office.

I reckon Fury will not stay in boxing for more than five years.  He is such an entertainer I can see him being directed into other areas.  I can see him in adverts etc.  He needs to have a fight in the US of course - maybe the unification of belts fight with Wilder.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:33 am

I dont see Fury being a long reigning champion either. This was his everest against the top guy in the division. Wouldnt surprise me if he comes in weighing 270lbs for his next fight now.

Joshua will be the future. And with Klitschko dethroned they may start pushing him through with bit more ambition now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:35 am

During one round he was more concerned with the wasp flying around than wlads punches. Did anyone else notice that?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:40 am

3fingers wrote:During one round he was more concerned with the wasp flying around than wlads punches. Did anyone else notice that?

Yep Adam Smith even mentioned it in commentary

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:43 am

Duty281 wrote:Used a free bet (a whole five pounds!) on Tyson Fury to win a split decision at 28/1.

Come on you absolute nutter.

You deserved better luck mate !!! clap

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:46 am

Wlad says he'll take the rematch
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:46 am

Should have got onto Coral...they had odds of 8/1 on a Wlad KO if you signed up as new connect customer....I had 20 quid on that and then 25 on fury at 5/1 with Bet365...mad when you can get offers to cover your bets.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:54 am

The interview at the end was a classic...

"I expect to be an honourable, graceful and...err...(pause)... happy heavyweight champion"

Haha, legend!

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In fairness Wlad is 39...

Cut him a little slack.....But Fury's height and reach did make him reluctant to engage..

Time for a new exciting era...

Yes he is 39, so maybe not the best WK there has been, but he was in great shape, was moving on his feet and prepared well for the fight. I don't think suddenly saying he is old is the main reason he lost. I think for some time people have wondered what it would be life if someone just as big stuck it on him, and Fury showed how to.

He was not afraid of the jab as he made sure his was as good.. and he made WK know that if he attacks he will also be countered, and this flustered him.

I think the age showed in that WK did not want to get stuck in, he was too reserved. maybe if he got stuck in more he would have caught Fury and who knows, But Fury also showed he was dangerous on the counter. I think Fury's reach and bravery played a big part.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:33 am

How much credit can we give to Fury though if we say Wlad was overrated?

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:41 am

Marlonz wrote:

I dont know. As much as you see fit?

Fury is not a great heavyweight himself. He was good enough to beat the hugely overrated Klitschko though.

I think Fury deserves a huge amount of credit personally, but Klitschko a great heavyweight fighter? - Nah.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:50 am

B.A. BARACUS wrote:Well done Fury but Wlad really did put in a pi$$ poor performance.

Excellent comments B.A. Couldn't have put it better. I feel a little sorry for Wlad as so many have always taunted him for the KO losses to Purrity, Sanders and Brewster, combined with losing clearly to the first decent big guy he faced in Fury. I have a feeling he will only be viewed in an even worse light as time passes, especially as Tyson's performance was hardly electrifying, yet he was able to intimidate Wlad so easily and hustle him out of mounting any sincere attack. Vitali will be held in higher regard and higher up the pecking order in the all time heavyweight rankings that's for sure.

Last edited by Marlonz on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 29 Nov 2015, 1:51 am

catchweight wrote:
Marlonz wrote:

I dont know. As much as you see fit?

Fury is not a great heavyweight himself. He was good enough to beat the hugely overrated Klitschko though.

I think Fury deserves a huge amount of credit personally, but Klitschko a great heavyweight fighter? - Nah.
Ah, I get you now. Point well made.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sun 29 Nov 2015, 2:26 am

Bigger shock for me than Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson,I didn't think he had a chance.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 6:51 am

rapidringsroad wrote:Bigger shock for me than Buster Douglas beating Mike Tyson,I didn't think he had a chance.

Buster Douglas is still a bigger upset for me

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:57 am

Give credit to Fury....For 6..9 and 250 odd he isn't have sprightly on his feet..

Stinking fight but job done...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:03 am

No one watched chunky then or no one cares?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:05 am

I did, I thought he won, Bute did well though

There is a separate thread on the forum discussing it

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:40 am

Steffan wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Spare a thought for hammy, Dave and coxy. I'm sure they'll all drop by to eat a bit of humble and offer their congrats to fury...
Will these three even find out about the result? I doubt very much that the Daily Mail are going to be reporting on this story...

Watched it live. Lost money but oh well as am safe in the knowledge he won't reign for long and will be winning my money back.

And surprised you or your friends were even able to afford to watch it Steffie.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

Haven't watched the fighting  only followed the blog on Sky last night. Assumed there would be the usual Sky bias and thought it would be a draw given the comments on there. Fair play to Fury but still don't rate him.
p.s. Milky....nothing could dampen my post SLAYER euphoria...not even this chucklehead becoming HW Champion Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

Haz I was similar to yourself.

Bottled it by fully backing Fury, but knew he would be competitive. Can I leave the crayons down for a little while?? Ha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 29 Nov 2015, 2:04 pm

I done various bets but Ms SoF tried to take advantage of Paddy Powers 20/1 new customers offer but the link kept on timing out. Typical....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 29 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I done various bets but Ms SoF tried to take advantage of Paddy Powers 20/1 new customers offer but the link kept on timing out. Typical....

Thought you'd lost all your money on the Fielding fight !!! Wink thumbsup Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7