The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC Semi Final A

+3
Gregers
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
7 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler that you believe has generated the best work over the past 12-18 months

V2 WWC Semi Final A Vote_lcap45%V2 WWC Semi Final A Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 13 ]
V2 WWC Semi Final A Vote_lcap55%V2 WWC Semi Final A Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

V2 WWC Semi Final A Empty V2 WWC Semi Final A

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:32 am

The end is nigh, today we look at the semi finals of the V2 WWC to decide which two will contest the finals on Monday!

This first match sees the unstoppable force vs the immovable object, Kevin Owens and Brock Lesnar have been 2 of the most dominant competitors in the V2 WWC this year, racking up an astounding 106 votes between them! But in true Highlander fashion there can only be one, who will qualify for the V2 WWC Final, let's find out

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the past 12-18 months

Remember for the 2nd round onwards only 1 vote per group is permitted

Please leave a comment as to who you have voted for and why to help facilitate discussion

The group will be closed at 23.00 tonight and no votes will be counted past that point

The wrestler/team that recieves the most votes will progress in to the V2 WWC Final! Also the runners up in both groups will be entered into the 3rd place playoff held on Thursday

Happy WWC-ing  thumbsup

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC Semi Final A Empty Re: V2 WWC Semi Final A

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 7:13 am

I'd vote both of these other the other two semi finalists.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 Dec 2015, 7:29 am

Has to be Owens, he's had an incredible year from his debut to beating Cena to being the best heel on wwe.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 Dec 2015, 7:49 am

Probably would have been the final tbh.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:50 am

Over 12-18 months means Owens takes a considerable hit.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 02 Dec 2015, 11:22 am

I could go either way on this. Brock is an immense figure. Kevin Owens offers me more on the mic and those little touches. I'm going to go Owens.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Dec 2015, 3:38 pm

Brock Lesnar for sure, Kevin Owens has yet to get anywhere near Lesnar's levels yet. I think Owens is probably the most overrated act in wrestling right now. I just don't get him at all, his first match with John Cena was good, but then they went over the same steps in the next matches which was a let down. Since then he's not really hit fantastic heights with his matches. I appreciate that Owens isn't protected or rested as much as Lesnar so is not going to be able to stay as fresh, but I just don't sit up for Kevin Owens, he has very quickly become a part of the furniture of WWE, and I mean that in a bad way. 

I really just can't get into Owens, his look seriously puts me off, I just don't buy him as dangerous, he doesn't look athletic and I understand that it's an unusual look, but for me it actually takes away from his act. The whole prize fighter thing just looks ridiculous when he looks so unimpressive. On the mic, I'm yet to see what others see obviously. I think his voice isn't suited to delivering promos and the actual content isn't particularly interesting or original. I appreciate that he does more than most, but when people talk of the excitement of Owens talking, I feel like we've been watching different people.

For me Brock Lesnar is by far the best thing in wrestling right now, I sit up when he's on and his matches have been fantastic. Nothing Owens has done since he arrived in WWE has come close to the Royal Rumble triple threat which is up there with my favourite matches of all time. Brock Lesnar is the only thing that keeps me interested in WWE right now, Owens is as a big a part of the problem as any.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm

Still waiting on that article about how Kevin Owens is being presented in an MMA fashion Whistle

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:27 pm

Lesnar is far and away the best thing in wrestling. If you're talking little touches, Lesnar is the man for it, just insanely good at being "Brawk Lesnar" at all times.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:27 pm

Crimey wrote: Owens is as a big a part of the problem as any.

This line in particular is unjustifiable.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Dec 2015, 4:35 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Crimey wrote: Owens is as a big a part of the problem as any.

This line in particular is unjustifiable.

He is for me, the disconnect between my own feelings with Owens and the comments I see here and elsewhere makes it harder to stomach WWE at the moment. The fact that I don't even see the fuss about the supposed bright light is frustrating. For me Kevin Owens has quickly just blended in to the rest of Raw, he doesn't stand out in anyway to me. I had a hard enough time getting behind him when he debuted in a big storyline with John Cena where he was presented as a big deal, never mind now when he can miss a Raw without comment, trades wins and losses with other mid-carders and hasn't had a memorable match or feud since his debut.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Dec 2015, 5:00 pm

I don't think you enjoy anything though. Anything ever, except over-enjoying average Liverpool performances of course.

Also, cant remember Owens trading many defeats. The semis in the WWEWHC tournie is reasonably fair, so otherwise he just seems to win a lot.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

Having Owens walk out on matches instead of taking a pinfall is probably the smartest way to book him out of taking a loss. And whos beat him clean? Balor, Cena, Cesaro are all I can name off the top of my head.

His matches havent been memorable, but he has. He has the X Factor and a rare ability to control a crowd that not many people have. He has the tiny details about his character nailed to an absolute T and thats why he is held in such high regard.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I don't think you enjoy anything though. Anything ever, except over-enjoying average Liverpool performances of course.

I mean I obviously do, one of your biggest misconceptions is that I want to not like things. I want to like Kevin Owens, I wish I had something to be positive about in the WWE right now. Obviously when my three biggest favourites are CM Punk, Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan I'm going to be sour on the current product.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

Sorry Crimey but your argument is Bull-Fit!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 02 Dec 2015, 10:08 pm

The voting period has been extended to midnight as I have to go and pick my missus up and have f all phone data left

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 03 Dec 2015, 12:15 am

Voting is now closed

Congratulations to Kevin Owens who progresses to the V2 WWC Final! He progresses with 16 votes

He was run close though as Brock Lesnar with 13 votes who will go again in the 3rd place playoff

The 3rd place Playoff will be up as soon as I am organised

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down