The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+56
gazzyD
MrPoncho
RiscaGame
alfie
Scott is Back
Preacher
dyrewolfe
Mr Tom
Tattie Scones RRN
nadeem2099
hornbloweroafc
lostinwales
Geordie
hampo17
Y I Man
Adam D
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
profitius
lfc91
Holymiky
ShahenshahG
kingraf
The Beast
Alistair
TRUSSMAN66
Atila
Luke
GSC
JDizzle
Breadvan
Ent
dummy_half
Azzy
wisden
seanmichaels
mikey_dragon
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Bull
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
westisbest
Rowley
Derbymanc
Mad for Chelsea
Hero
Hammersmith harrier
Stella
President Trump
60 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by President Trump Tue 10 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

First topic message reminder :

I watch two films over the last few days

Seventh Son: Absolute tosh, it felt like a bad D&D film from SyFy

The Wedding Ringer: It was a fun movie, predictable but fun, "Who the hell are these guys, it's like the Goonies grew up and became r@pists" Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2016, 7:58 am

Triple nine. Nothing you've not seen before in a bent coppers, heist movie way but builds tension well enough and has a good enough cast to be a bit better than its premise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:52 am

The Jungle Book -

I took my eldest kids to this yesterday. I have to say, I very much enjoyed it. The animals are fantastic, the lad that plays Mowgli is brilliant and not at all annoying which was my fear going in to it.

It's not a film for all the family, as it would be too much for anybody under about the age of 7. It has some pretty scary and dark scenes (for kids anyway) but that, combined with some witty one liners, made it a a very enjoyable experience. It must have been good as I didn't fall asleep and it was in one of those cinemas with reclining leather seats. Very comfortable viewing experience.

I don't know how they got the animals looking so brilliant (I assume it was real footage blended with a bit of CGI magic) but they really were great. Visually stunning film.

The last film I took them to was Frozen which ended up being 2 hours of abject misery (well, 1 hour as I did sleep through half of it) but this was a real gem of a film. Lots of stuff for the kids but menacing enough and funny enough to keep the adults entertained.

It also gains an extra point for having Christopher Walkens voice coming out of an orangutan. Who wouldn't enjoy that?

Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement - 8.4412/10
Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence - 5/10. Wasn't directed by the Coen brothers so loses points for the film snobs (despite, as SerialDAVE rightly points out, they haven't done anything worth a w*nk since The Big Lebowski)
Michaels Scale of T*ts and Violence - 4/10. Some decent fight scenes and death but no t*ts. Unless you include Mowgli but he is a small boy and these things are frowned upon in this politically correct madness.
Hammersmith Scale of Accurate Titling - 10/10. It is based on a book and set in a jungle. What else can it do?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 25 Apr 2016, 10:30 am

Watched a load of films yesterday and went for the cheapish types.

Arena - Really silly story about an online fighting programme with people kidnapped and made to fight to the death, proper take your brain out and watch the fighting go.
Blood and Bone - Another in the vein of above (or more likely bloodsport), fantastic though and have watched it loads.
Doomsday - Virus breaks out in Scotland, borders are shut off and team sent in to find cure. Really enjoyed it and there's been a couple of twists in it that you may or may not see coming
The last stand - I used to enjoy this film but found it really annoying that anyone that got shot went flying 15 ft and sometimes in a different direction.
Gamer - Shoot em up film with the same premise of the new death race, man gets convicted of murder has to fight online (in this case in a shoot em up) whilst other people control them.
Death Race (remake) - Another film i think is inexplicably underrated for what it is

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

It also gains an extra point for having Christopher Walkens voice coming out of an orangutan.  Who wouldn't enjoy that?

The nice thing about that scene is that its a little hint at/a little bow to a favourite movie of a lot of people hereaways........... Whistle .............. Apocalypse Now! Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm

SecretFly wrote:

It also gains an extra point for having Christopher Walkens voice coming out of an orangutan.  Who wouldn't enjoy that?

The nice thing about that scene is that its a little hint at/a little bow to a favourite movie of a lot of people hereaways........... Whistle .............. Apocalypse Now! Cool

It really is. Although we mustn't talk about Ap*calypse N*w round these parts. Folk get very upset with that film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The Jungle Book -

I took my eldest kids to this yesterday.  I have to say, I very much enjoyed it.  The animals are fantastic, the lad that plays Mowgli is brilliant and not at all annoying which was my fear going in to it.

It's not a film for all the family, as it would be too much for anybody under about the age of 7.  It has some pretty scary and dark scenes (for kids anyway) but that, combined with some witty one liners, made it a a very enjoyable experience.  It must have been good as I didn't fall asleep and it was in one of those cinemas with reclining leather seats.  Very comfortable viewing experience.

I don't know how they got the animals looking so brilliant (I assume it was real footage blended with a bit of CGI magic) but they really were great.  Visually stunning film.

The last film I took them to was Frozen which ended up being 2 hours of abject misery (well, 1 hour as I did sleep through half of it) but this was a real gem of a film.  Lots of stuff for the kids but menacing enough and funny enough to keep the adults entertained.

Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement - 8.4412/10
Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence - 5/10.  Wasn't directed by the Coen brothers so loses points for the film snobs (despite, as SerialDAVE rightly points out, they haven't done anything worth a w*nk since The Big Lebowski)
Michaels Scale of T*ts and Violence -  4/10.  Some decent fight scenes and death but no t*ts.  Unless you include Mowgli but he is a small boy and these things are frowned upon in this politically correct madness.
Hammersmith Scale of Accurate Titling - 10/10.  It is based on a book and set in a jungle.  What else can it do?  

Very good review, Tino, gets a 3/3 on the Cinematic Useful or Not Table.  First film in ages I've looked forward to seeing, glad the kid's not annoying as that was my fear.  I'll almost certainly procrastinate until it's no longer showing though.

I will take issue with your Coen brothers remarks, I agree that they've tended to sh*t recently but that is only using their earlier work as a yardstick.  And to put the record straight, Big Lebowski wasn't one of their better efforts, it ranks only mid-table.  They've made two excellent films since then, O Brother Where Art Thou and The Man Who Wasn't There, one very good one in No Country For Old Men and two decent efforts, A Serious Man and Inside Llewyn Davis.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

What was their best one then?...if The Big Lebowski isn't?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

I'm glad you asked, SecretFly.

The answer is Barton Fink (or possibly Miller's Crossing) with Fargo in third position.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm

This is of course a matter of taste but, as one esteemed 606v2 member once pointed out, I have a very high opinion of myself and this extends to my tastes in film

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:35 pm

Galted wrote:This is of course a matter of taste but, as one esteemed 606v2 member once pointed out, I have a very high opinion of myself and this extends to my tastes in film

Laugh I was actually going to be diplomatic and say 'well that's an opinion anyway'.

I liked the weirdness of Barton Fink..... but like with some of their other work, I felt it got a tad Too self-consciously arty at times. Now, I love a good weird art movie! I love art directors that push themselves and offer up new ways of visualising that space up on screen. One I particularly remember, actually from roughly that same era as Fink is Bagdad Café.

I'm not downing them. But I just think Fink became too concerned with style and lost the essence of a story.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

Haven't seen Bagdad Cafe, will make a mental note to give it a watch. Would actually agree with you about Barton Fink being self-consciously arty - it's quite a fine line to tread, it's great when it comes off but invites serious abuse when it doesn't. I find that in a few of my favourite films - Gummo, Man Bites Dog, Grand Budapest Hotel for example, self-indulgent but forgiveably so as it works.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 25 Apr 2016, 6:19 pm

Grand Budapest hotel is a stoners dream. So much attention to detail that you forget half of it and have to watch it again as if from new. 22 times i've seen it and I cry laughing at something I didn't notice before or had half forgotten.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 7:25 pm

It is deserving of close attention. Reminds me of Life Of Brian in that respect, have watched it countless times and still notice things I haven't picked up on before.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

Millers crossing is their best, Fargo is second, raising arizona is surprisingly excellent but rarely enters into these discussions. I also quite enjoyed the Hudsucker Proxy, which I believe makes methe only person who did

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

Rowley wrote:Millers crossing is their best, Fargo is second, raising arizona is surprisingly excellent but rarely enters into these discussions. I also quite enjoyed the Hudsucker Proxy, which I believe makes methe only person who did

Raising Arizona is very good but it sticks in the throat admitting it on account of the Cage factor. It's the funniest of their films with the possible exception of O Brother. I've only seen Hudsucker once and recall thinking that it was alright, another one that's due another watch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:36 pm

Hudsucker has Newman in it. In much the same way a film will lose marks with you for the presence of Cage, the opposite applies for me with Newman. He is good for a solid two point boost, that is why the hustler gets 11 out of ten.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:48 pm

I'm like that with John Turturro so Barton Fink possibly does earn a few extra points.

As I'm insanely aroused by lists, this is my order of preference:
barton fink/miller's crossing
fargo
o brother where art thou
the man who wasn't there

no country for old men/raising arizona
big lebowski/blood simple
hudsucker proxy/a serious man/inside llewyn davis

true grit
intolerable cruelty/burn after reading/ladykillers

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:30 pm

Miller's Crossing.

Hmmmm.

James Garner said that Steve McQueen certainly had presence, obviously liked more action orientated material, had his little camera catching tricks but that he personally could always see McQueen acting.  Garner was an honest man and an open interviewee and it wasn't said in bitterness or in jealousy...just matter of fact about an actor he was asked to comment on.  

So yeah, I often do get the impression that only people from the Nation that a particular actor is from can often SEE the acting.  I'm afraid I can always see Gabriel Byrne acting his poor socks off, and it's never too pretty.  And yet - and yet, he seems to have a pretty slick reputation as a very good one.

For me The Big Lebowski is the funniest - because of Goodman's tour-de-force nutball.  
Fargo is probably the most pleasing as something you can sink your teeth into story-wise.  
No Country for Old men is probably for me the most beautifully shot and is close to being my favourite.  
And O Brother Where Art Thou was a grand idea and had some great individual scenes.... but was kinda ruined for me by also having George in one of his more cliched Cheshire Cat "It's Me, Gorgeous George!!!" roles.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:48 pm

Their casting is very hit-and-miss, agree about Clooney, his face should only be seen on urinals, Tilda Swinton is as annoying as a piece of gravel in your shoe and Cage's presence is like a fart in a lift.

Goodman and Turturro do swing it heavily in their favour though, as do Frances McDormand and Steve Buscemi.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 9:45 am

Admittedly, most of the works of the Coen's are very good but nothing I repeat NOTHING will, for me, top, The Big Lebowski. The chemistry between Bridges, Goodman and Buscemi is first class and with John Turturro as Jesus how could you possibly go wrong? Very few films end with me saddened by the fact it's come to an end. Big Lebowski made me want to go to the cinema foyer and buy another ticket for the next viewing.

It's the only films of the Coen's that I can watch in its entirety without looking at my watch, shuffling or thinking, "I wonder what else is on"

Cannot abide Cage, Holly Hunter is irritating, Byrne ruined "The Usual Suspects" and did the same for "Miller's Crossing" (you can't have a film where people want to fast forward the scenes where your lead actor is in them!). Mystified by having Zeta Jones in "Intolerable Cruelty" Did enjoy "Burn After Reading" but am in no great hurry to watch it again.

No, for me, The Big Lebowski is the Coen's finest moment....and I'm prepared to discuss its relative merits in a dark alley of your choosing!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:59 pm

Okay.......................................... *alarm bells* This is not a drill. I repeat - this is not a drill............................

a criticism of The Big Lebowski (as nothing is ever perfect - except three movies that I know of)

Anyway......................... the dream sequences. A bit indulgent - needlessly so. The movie didn't really need them. I didn't find them funny or amusing on any level really.

- AND (most important bit) they cut down the amount of minutes Goodman, Dude and Buscemi should have been on screen. Goodman in particular was having such a blast and so much in the zone that he should have been allowed interrogate a few more clueless kids and intimidate a bunch more waitresses.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:09 pm

Love the Big Lebowski....

Prefer Fargo

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:40 pm

'Fly/Dagless,

I cut of your Johnson zen stomp on it und squvoosh it!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:52 pm

I offered you a scenario for more Goodman and Buscemi, Dave.... and you refused point blank!?

The Horror!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:53 pm

I think you have mistaken this thread for the hugely over rated film thread.

If you need the link to carry on the Coens, then please let me know.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

Okay.... let's get this thread back on track then

Let's have respect for the theme: Last Film Watched.

Last Film I watched was The Big Lebowski...just last night. Let's discuss Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:02 pm

Adam D wrote:I think you have mistaken this thread for the hugely over rated film thread.

If you need the link to carry on the Coens, then please let me know.
Whereas anyone who feels Big Lebowski is over-rated should go f*ck themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

What about "next film (to be) watched"?

I'm going to watch The Big Lebowski...or some sh!t with cartoon mermaids that my daughter likes, but pretty soon after the mermaids have gone, it's gonna be the Big Lebowski

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:What about "next film (to be) watched"?

I'm going to watch The Big Lebowski...or some sh!t with cartoon mermaids that my daughter likes, but pretty soon after the mermaids have gone, it's gonna be the Big Lebowski

I'm going to watch Nymphomaniac Vol 1 as I recorded it off Film 4 last night. I've also got Nymphomaniac Vol 2 scheduled to be recorded tonight but the viewing of that will be wholly dependent on the success of Vol 1.

I'm hoping it will just be like watching porn without having to disappear to a different room and hunch over the laptop.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:23 pm

I'm going to watch Nymphomaniac Vol 1 as I recorded it off Film 4 last night.  I've also got Nymphomaniac Vol 2 scheduled to be recorded tonight but the viewing of that will be wholly dependent on the success of Vol 1.

I'm hoping it will just be like watching porn without having to disappear to a different room and hunch over the laptop.
I believe it has Stellan Skaarsgard (sp) in it so I will not be watching as if I wanted to see unattractive naked men having sex I'd ask Mrs667 to leave the light on and move the wardrobe doors ever so slightly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:24 pm

Intellectual chit chat...sex.... sober philosophising.... sex.... over-acted 'seriousness'...then another excuse for sex

Nah, you can keep the Nympho boxset.  I've seen too much of that kinda crap in the 70s.... and it was on TV! (The History Man)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

I'm going to watch Nymphomaniac Vol 1 as I recorded it off Film 4 last night.  I've also got Nymphomaniac Vol 2 scheduled to be recorded tonight but the viewing of that will be wholly dependent on the success of Vol 1.

I believe it has Stellan Skaarsgard (sp) in it so I will not be watching as if I wanted to see unattractive naked men having sex I'd ask Mrs667 to leave the light on and move the wardrobe doors ever so slightly

I'll review it on here for you, Serial. If Skaarsgard gets his shriveled up knob out I'll be sure to warn you.

I imagine it is going to score fairly highly on the Michaels Scale of T*ts and Violence, extremely highly on the Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence and pretty well on the Hammersmith Harrier Scale of Accurate Titling. Not sure about the Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement. You'll just have to wait and see.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

I'll review it on here for you, Serial.  If Skaarsgard gets his shriveled up knob out I'll be sure to warn you.

I imagine it is going to score fairly highly on the Michaels Scale of T*ts and Violence, extremely highly on the Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence and pretty well on the Hammersmith Harrier Scale of Accurate Titling.  Not sure about the Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement.  You'll just have to wait and see.
Cheers Tina, let me know if there's scope to include the "Serial Scale of Unnecessary (but obviously very necessary and bloody) Killings in future reviews...maybe there's some in this film!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 26 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I'll review it on here for you, Serial.  If Skaarsgard gets his shriveled up knob out I'll be sure to warn you.

I imagine it is going to score fairly highly on the Michaels Scale of T*ts and Violence, extremely highly on the Galted Scale of Cinematic Excellence and pretty well on the Hammersmith Harrier Scale of Accurate Titling.  Not sure about the Tino Scale of Cinematic Achievement.  You'll just have to wait and see.
Cheers Tina, let me know if there's scope to include the "Serial Scale of Unnecessary (but obviously very necessary and bloody) Killings in future reviews...maybe there's some in this film!

That's a great idea, I get fairly aroused over Scales of this sort so I will certainly add it to the list.

TSoCA
GSoCE
MSoT&V
HHSoAT
SSoUK

Beautiful.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:09 am

Last film watched. "The Big Lebowski"

An absolute tour de force. Probably the best thing the Coens have ever done or will ever do. Damn near flawless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:12 am

DAVE667 wrote:Last film watched. "The Big Lebowski"

An absolute tour de force. Probably the best thing the Coens have ever done or will ever do. Damn near flawless.

l*l.  And correct.

I haven't watched the Nympho films yet, Serial, so I can't tell you anything about Skaarsgard's knob.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Apr 2016, 11:25 am

l*l.  And correct.

I haven't watched the Nympho films yet, Serial, so I can't tell you anything about Skaarsgard's knob.
To be honest, I'm in no great rush to know anything about it...also, I genuinely did watch Big Lewbowski again last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:36 pm

I disagree.  Several of the Coens' films are superior, most notably Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, The Man Who Wasn't There and O Brother Where Art Thou?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:44 pm

Galted wrote:

I disagree.  Several of the Coens' films are superior, most notably Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, Moulin Rouge, Fargo, The Man Who Wasn't There, Avatar and O Brother Where Art Thou?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:51 pm

Galted wrote:

I disagree.  Several of the Coens' films are superior, most notably Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, Moulin Rouge, Fargo, The Man Who Wasn't There, Avatar and O Brother Where Art Thou?

Idiot.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:54 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Idiot.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjBj4TTOpuSqcngcp4i1limP3-S0uPSN6ZDs-VGuDKvzTChD-2iw

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 27 Apr 2016, 4:56 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Idiot.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjBj4TTOpuSqcngcp4i1limP3-S0uPSN6ZDs-VGuDKvzTChD-2iw

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Tino-fern%C3%A1ndez_por-primera-vez-album-cover

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 03 May 2016, 2:50 pm

Watched Ted 2 last night.

Not the best to say the least.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 03 May 2016, 2:56 pm

Should'a been called Ted Dude and it would have been magic and gained six Oscars!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 3:36 pm

Should have had more/less black people in it (I've seen it but the white/black/bear ratio escapes me)

I watched The Big Lebowski...did I mention it's brilliant and by far the best of the Coen Brother's films?

Well, I did and it is...f*ck ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 03 May 2016, 6:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Should have had more/less black people in it (I've seen it but the white/black/bear ratio escapes me)

I watched The Big Lebowski...did I mention it's brilliant and by far the best of the Coen Brother's films?

Well, I did and it is...f*ck ya!

I'd have thought the killing scenes in Fargo and Blood Simple would be more up your street/dark country lane.

My favourite Coen brothers film is Barton Fink. Bloody good show it is.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Y I Man Wed 04 May 2016, 5:07 pm

Captain America - Civil War

Good storyline and great fighting scenes. Disappointing ending though.
7/10 as Spiderman was also in with the Avengers. Would have given it 8 if Hulk was in.

Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 05 May 2016, 11:27 pm

Captain America Civil War. Wisecracking, fights, angst, new characters, more fights, stupid stunts, CGI, straightforward and a bit dull storyline, bored now. 6/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 8:25 am

Haven't watched anything since Big Lebowski which is far and away the best of the Coen Brothers films

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 06 May 2016, 11:22 am

Well...I did not know that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next