The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RJJ v McClellan

+10
horizontalhero
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
Coxy001
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
Pedro147
ShahenshahG
3fingers
spencerclarke
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RJJ v McClellan - Page 2 Empty RJJ v McClellan

Post by spencerclarke Mon 21 Dec 2015, 4:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Evening all,

I was reading the other day about Gerald Mcclellan beating Roy Jones Jr before they turned pro with a 3-2 split. Mcclellan by all accounts couldn't spar after as his jaw was messed up from the fight despite the win. Apparently it was a great fight with them both really going for it. How does everyone see it going if they had met in the pro ranks? Also was there ever an opportunity where it came close to happening?

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

RJJ v McClellan - Page 2 Empty Re: RJJ v McClellan

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:53 am

kingraf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
kingraf wrote:I don't know if he is or not, but my physio told me that Bolt's musculature and biomechanical composition was almost designed for 100m. He literally changed the previously accepted limits of huma  speed. Now it's hypothesised that we can get down to 9.44

I thought it was always said he was the 'wrong build' for 100m (being to tall and long-legged) but perfectly suited to his preferred event of 200m??

?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm

Sorry, my tablet seems to be acting up. The gist of what I wrote is "Sorry think youre right. She may have said 200m. Its his freak fast twitch fibre composition that allows him to overcome the difficulties associated with being 6'5 and racing 100m"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 Dec 2015, 2:54 pm

Ah ok, cool Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:58 pm

kingraf wrote:9.58 is a HUGE improvement. For reference Jesse Owens would have been in a fight for his life to beat Abdul Hakim Sani Brown in the Junior IAAF finals if he ran 10.2

0.6 of a second improvement over 80 years is not a huge improvement at all- Owens ran on cinder tracks with the most basic of shoes. We have hand huge steps in sports science, training methods, track technology, shoe technology and the improvement is less than 0.1 seconds a decade. My point is that humans have not evolved in the last 80years, an even with all the drug use in sprinting, aren't really much faster- PEDs can't turn an average man into a great athlete.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 24 Dec 2015, 4:39 am

horizontalhero wrote:
kingraf wrote:9.58 is a HUGE improvement. For reference Jesse Owens would have been in a fight for his life to beat Abdul Hakim Sani Brown in the Junior IAAF finals if he ran 10.2

0.6 of a second improvement over 80 years is not a huge improvement at all- Owens ran on cinder tracks with the most basic of shoes. We have hand huge steps in sports science, training methods, track technology, shoe technology and the improvement is less than 0.1 seconds a decade. My point is that humans have not evolved in the last 80years, an even with all the drug use in sprinting, aren't really much faster- PEDs can't turn an average man into a great athlete.

Jesus. Christ. Like you as a poster but to use just one example makes a bit of a mockery of the average to great athlete part.

There was that Irish swimmer (had to google her) Michelle Smith who shaved something like 45s off her PB over a course of 3 years and went from 90th in the world to 1st in that time... And her hubby with stuffing her full of more than just his schlong.

Just one example of what a difference it makes munching PEDs

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 24 Dec 2015, 10:39 am

horizontalhero wrote:

I think you have to have never ever watched athletics in your life to think 0.6 seconds isn't a huge leap. I mean 16-year olds are running 10.2!! To put it into perspective... the gap between Jesse Owens and Usain Bolt is about the same as the gap between Jesse Owens and Jonah Lomu.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 24 Dec 2015, 11:03 am

You've got to remember that over 100m, changes to footwear and even track make a very miniscule difference. Almost non-existent really. As for the rate of change... Interestingly enough... the record actually onl yimorpved by lesds than 0.05s a decade from 1930-60. Even from 1960-1999 in those forty doped up years the record only improved by a touch over 0.05s a decade. And yet in the 2000s, the record went down by 0.21s in a decade. in other words, a third of the change in the last 70 years happened in the last fifteen years. That's a HUGE leap in sprinting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2