The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse?

5 posters

Go down

Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse? Empty Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse?

Post by Ronikara Tue 19 Jan 2016, 9:40 pm

Ok I can understand that this fight was going to be PPV. And yes I will be buying it for the main event. But would it really kill Hearn to put on a half decent undercard? His stable is more than big enough. Of the first two fights announced I've only heard of Charlie Edwards and I think even he is a 6 fight novice. In retrospect, Joshua v whyte turned out to be a good PPV by comparison.

Is Hearn trying to turn fans away from boxing?

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse? Empty Re: Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jan 2016, 10:08 pm

The main event sells the PPV itself....

No need to waste good fights for the undercard....

Save them for a so/so PPV....

It's bullcrap but that's the way these guys think..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse? Empty Re: Frampton quigg undercard...does it get any worse?

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 6:33 am

McCullough vs Lowe is a great little scrap!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Wed 20 Jan 2016, 7:34 am

Ronikara wrote:Ok I can understand that this fight was going to be PPV. And yes I will be buying it for the main event. But would it really kill Hearn to put on a half decent undercard? His stable is more than big enough. Of the first two fights announced I've only heard of Charlie Edwards and I think even he is a 6 fight novice. In retrospect, Joshua v whyte turned out to be a good PPV by comparison.

Is Hearn trying to turn fans away from boxing?

before Froch v Groves II hearn was talking about two world title fights on the undercard, instead we got the usual matchroom fighter v TBA, usual turd from Hearn / matchroom

When Mayweather fought Canelo the undercard had Garcia v Matthyse, that fight didn't even need an undercard yet it had i think 2 or 3 world title fights as well as the main event.

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 20 Jan 2016, 8:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The main event sells the PPV itself....

No need to waste good fights for the undercard....

Save them for a so/so PPV....

It's bullcrap but that's the way these guys think..

Truss is right. Infuriating but true.

They're all greedy pigs!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:23 am

To be fair, it's a joint promotion with Cyclone and the undercard pits together fighters from rival firms.

It will make for good craic inside the arena (for anyone who landed one of Charlie's golden tickets).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down