The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ??

+9
RanjitPatel
Strongback
milkyboy
KingMonkey
sparxz
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
DaveVDK
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Always had Frampton winning this but certain things have changed my mind.........

1. Quigg looks big at the weight and his body work has improved ten-fold....
2. Frampton has fought pillow punchers like Molitor who he knows can't hurt him and can take liberties.. also was hit at will by Kiko Martinez...
3. Quigg has more chance of meaningful preparation with Hearn as Warren has so few stars ..he'll protect Frampton and probably halt his progress
4. Munroe showed just how much Quigg has matured....Subtle head movements, not wasting punches...
5. Mcguigan is in charge of Frampton and that means there could be trouble in camp as he's one of the most arrogant men in Boxing and his way will be the right way.......
6. Has a look of Govotkin about him.........
7. Joe Gallagher probably the best trainer in the Country If not the World at the moment..

Fancy Quigg to prevail all of a sudden..............If and when they meet probably two years from now............Hope he does too........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Re: Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:28 pm

In a word, no.

I think Quigg has looked better in his performances but I think he is susceptible to someone with a high work rate like Frampton who loves a tear up. I also think he is a little nervous of him.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Re: Quigg - Frampton - Has anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Why do you think he's nervous of him ??.........Kiko Martinez uncovered some flaws.....don't you think..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:31 pm

7 is a very very big exaggeration.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

You think so...He's had huge success lately. As Khan and others have taken to poo- pooing Roach can you think of many better ones ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Martinez did indeed show some holes in Carl's defence... But he is tough and I don't think the style if Quigg will mean he can continue to hit him with hard clean shots.

Just a feeling I get when I see him talking about Frampton, Truss. He is nervous and jittery at the best of times but I get the feeling he is a little uncomfortable when Carl is mentioned.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:39 pm

That's fair enough...........I just think by the time they fight he'll be full of confidence...with a world title behind him......I'm sure he'll win the WBA belt..

Have this feeling Frampton's development will be hit under Warren/Mcguigan.It's a deadly combo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Yes, very strange move to Warren. Can only be motivated by finances as the lack of exposure is a disaster, just look at what happened to Groves.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 pm

Always sided with Quigg, then changed to Frampton and now im split

Both have looked pretty impressive and while Frampton has the edge technically Quigg is bigger than him and has shown improvements in his defence

Its a pick'em and it may come down to who holds a shot better, can Frampton take Quigg's body attacks and can Quigg take Framptons quick counter shots

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You think so...He's had huge success lately.  As Khan and others have taken to poo- pooing Roach can you think of many better ones ??

Robert Garcia is a good start, possibly Booth.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Framptons move to Warren, could not of been his decision surely the decision of Barry mac, as I'm sure Hearn wouldn't be held to ransom by his demands for his fighter while Warren needs the talent, and more likely Barry mac will get more his own way.

There is no other reason, exposure wise, financially and career development I believe this to be a bad move. As for the question in hand. My mind has also been changed, I did believe the jackal 2/3 fights ago would of won hands down, but now, quigg is my choice although I also get the impression he is hesitant of Frampton when mentioned in conversation.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm

DaveVDK wrote:

Booth don't know why but just can't stand that guy something about his swarmy ways me thinks.

Rob McCracken for his work hitch Froch and all the British talent coming through comes to mind as a possible alternative to Gallagher but, joe for me is #1

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:24 pm

sparxz wrote:
DaveVDK wrote:

Booth don't know why but just can't stand that guy something about his swarmy ways me thinks.

Rob McCracken for his work hitch Froch and all the British talent coming through comes to mind as a possible alternative to Gallagher but, joe for me is #1

Don't get me wrong a case can most certainly be made for him being the best in Britain, however I'd certainly put Garcia ahead of him, possibly Hunter as well.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Hunter is a good shout, and if he can get Khan to anywhere near the defensive skills of ward then he is a miracle worker to boot.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 pm

One minute you are saying it's a very big exaggeration.........and then when I ask you why.....you are chucking up possibles.....and one other candidate...

Gallagher turns stones into diamonds like Steward used to.....Very big case for saying he's the best...

Gallagher's gym is turning into Kronk.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 pm

You do get the Kronk feeling about his gym, with all the different level of champs together and a great atmosphere about the lads. If I were and up and coming talent , I know where I would want to train.

(Where everyone else is lol)

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Or you could get Ricky to train you.........After every situp he has a line and a sip of guinness waiting for you....

I'm naughty...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Or you could get Ricky to train you.........After every  situp he has a line and a sip of guinness waiting for you....

I'm naughty...Cool 

So the 2 choices are hard work and dedication, or the RH way, well suppose he did ok didn't he..

Whistle 

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm a Hatton fan..............Great overachiever...great advert for guinness too..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:One minute you are saying it's a very big exaggeration.........and then when I ask you why.....you are chucking up possibles.....and one other candidate...

Gallagher turns stones into diamonds like Steward used to.....Very big case for saying he's the best...

Gallagher's gym is turning into Kronk.

It just seems to me that his fighters are very one dimensional, even Joe Murray hardly looked like the standout amateur he was in his last fight, disagree with the Kronk comparison as well as a large number of his fighters appear to be meeting expectations in regards to there amateur backgrounds.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:11 pm

You should have seen Hilmer Kenty and Jimmy Paul who won titles for Steward!!!

You are being a little dramatic me thinks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:32 pm

Quigg looks superb but so did John Murray for a while. Gallagher has produced nothing so far other than half decent domestic fighters. Whenever one has come up against a decent domestic rival they've been ko'd. Murray, Paul Smith x2, Crolla previously and Liam Smith vs Selby.

If you roll enough dice then someone will come good but so far; nothing.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:38 pm

He gets the best out of what he's given............

You think all of Stewards fighters were succesful........

No eventually the success he had with Hearns encouraged others..........Hearns was special this guy hasn't had someone that special..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 pm

By that you'd expect all trainers to be equal unless someone special rocks up at their gym. None of his fighters have made it to world level yet have they? Maybe just a la Quigg but nothing past that. If he was half as good as people make out he'd have acheived more by now and more of his fighters would have pushed for world honours.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You should have seen Hilmer Kenty and Jimmy Paul who won titles for Steward!!!

Fair enough and I even alive in that era so everything I know about the Kronks golden era has come from my own research haha. All I've noted is that alot of Gallhagers top fighters are very one dimensional, and it seems John Murrays taken a step back getting pushed hard by a journeyman who someone of his amateur pedigree should be outclassing really.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

By that I mean he gets raw talent and turns them into successful athletes.......

Quigg is pushing for world honors and Crolla is fighting Burns.......Liam Smith looks set for a bright future...........

He's a lot to be proud of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:51 pm

DaveVDK wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You should have seen Hilmer Kenty and Jimmy Paul who won titles for Steward!!!

Fair enough and I even alive in that era so everything I know about the Kronks golden era has come from my own research haha. All I've noted is that alot of Gallhagers top fighters are very one dimensional, and it seems John Murrays taken a step back getting pushed hard by a journeyman who someone of his amateur pedigree should be outclassing really.

John Murray is through........He's got Paul Hoko Hoddy disease.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah, go on then, he's a lot to be proud of, I can't argue with that. He seems a good guy too.

But the adulation to the extent he gets now needs to simmer until one of his fighters has finally won a note worthy world title.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Re the original question, I always preferred frampton in this, but I can see a case for quigg now. Ultimately I think quigg might be the more fluid offensive fighter and I'd err to him if it went the distance. However, I'm not convinced he can take what frampton would dish out, and l give frampton a better chance for taking quigg's best shots... Which is what it might boil down to.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Only Jesus can turn water to wine.........Murray was limited and he got him into a title shot...

The fact his fighters are all doing well speaks volumes.....

Is Enzo better because his Son was a one off ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:03 pm

milkyboy wrote:Re the original question, I always preferred frampton in this, but I can see a case for quigg now. Ultimately I think quigg might be the more fluid offensive fighter and I'd err to him if it went the distance. However, I'm not convinced he can take what frampton would dish out, and l give frampton a better chance for taking quigg's best shots... Which is what it might boil down to.

I felt like that but now he's gone to Boxnation I worry about his development....Warren won't test him me thinks....Martinez was troublesome and he isn't in Quigg's league......Munroe was brutalised..

Thanks for the piece on the Laporte thread......Keeping in the spirit it was intended..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:12 pm

He's on Boxnation sure but Warren isn't his promoter is he? It's almost entirely McGuigan's choices.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Come on Mate.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Well it'll remain to be seen I guess but yeah, pretty naive that.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Fair point truss, frampton was being moved pretty quickly, and that's not frank's thing... Though he has just put cleverley in with kovalev, so maybe he's turning over a new leaf. Hmmm, we can dream.

Whichever, two very good prospects, in a division not devoid of talent so should be some good fights ahead for the pair of them, if frank let's his new pet jackal off the leash.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm

milkyboy wrote:Fair point truss, frampton was being moved pretty quickly, and that's not frank's thing... Though he has just put cleverley in with kovalev, so maybe he's turning over a new leaf. Hmmm, we can dream.

Whichever, two very good prospects, in a division not devoid of talent so should be some good fights ahead for the pair of them, if frank let's his new pet jackal off the leash.

I think the remarks about Cleverly have hurt him........Boxers are vain.. he'll scan the internet.....More his decision than Frank's.... and Warren is in no position to argue in his dilapidated state.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 pm

You could be right truss, but if frank's listening to his fighters I think frampton will push him for a big fight pretty quick too. I get the impression from listening to him, that frampton is after glory as quick as he can get it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Who's the WBO champion ??Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:14 pm

In his own words Joe Gallagher said Crolla's win last night was the highlight of his coaching career and the 3 wins his best ever night. Hardly the stuff of legend when Crolla v Rees 'shouldn't even have been a headline fight'.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Maybe he was caught up in the moment.......Guy has to make a name before the best come calling...He is starting to make a big name for himself and rightly so......

You don't like him he trains Quigg.........and Frampton is Irish..

I'd have more time for your posts If they weren't so transparent..

It's like having Shengy back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I was never really a fan of that six degrees of separation game.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:24 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I was never really a fan of that six degrees of separation game.

Now run along...Too many good posters on here..You're taking up space.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:27 pm

You do know Joe Gallagher's parents are Irish, what does that do for your theory?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:33 pm

He doesn't train Frampton or Fury........So he's a Brit lover...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:36 pm

A bit like yourself then

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 pm

A bit like Dorian yates...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:43 pm

I would have bet my house on Quigg winning a couple of years ago but have been more impressed with Frampton lately. Think he's got more in his arsenal. Cracking fight if it happens.

Think they may be destined to have similar careers to Eubank and Benn in that they pick up a title each but are never the 'man' at the weight because of people like Rigondeaux. Be a shame but never mind.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Rigondeux vs either would be very nice...too..........interesting times...

Though Frampton v Quigg is less likely now.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 pm

It's time you changed your Dorian circa 1991 mullet.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Strongback wrote:It's time you changed your Dorian circa 1991 mullet.

Suits me and it still works with the chicks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next