The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ??

+10
hogey
no-mas
hampo17
Rowley
alanqlm
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
milkyboy
Strongback
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:09

Hearn's made a huge offer apparently..........Mcguigan is very interested.........Both sides no doubt thinks they can win......

One becomes a star..........Looks all set for next year.......

Still fancy Quigg who to me is huge at the weight......But it's close to pickem........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Re: Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:12

Frampton for me, feel he holds the most power and is more crisp of punch. Great fight though.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ?? Empty Re: Quigg v Frampton - looks set for 2014... Anybody changed their mind on this one ??

Post by Strongback Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:21

I believe Frampton said he would take the fight if the contract conditions didn't stick in a load of add ons.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:23

Always fancied frampton for this, still do... Underwhelmed by quigg last time out. Good fight though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:25

What was quigg doing last time out.......Basically gave four rounds away and you just can't bank on winning the next 8......

Bad tactics..He should have beat the guy...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:35

Was he REALLY giving away the first 4 rounds or did he just take an eternity to figure out that Cuban's jab. If I recall Quigg was throwing and couldn't hit the guy. Then as soon as the jab faded then the guy was exposed as not having anything else too offer.

But as the Sky commentators told us a million times...."he is a slick world class Cuban"
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:11

I fancy Frampton to win this in 8 but despite that I think he would be best putting this off for another year.

Go for the winner of Martinez v Mathebula... Pick up a title and an extra bargaining chip. The biggest downside is I don't really think there is anywhere in Northern Ireland big enough to host Quigg v Frampton so either way will probably be in England.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:14

3/4 of the posters who've posted are Irish.......

It's a revolution

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:18

I am most assuredly not Irish but still think I like Frampton in this one. Quigg always looks a little vulnerable to me. Rate him higher than most on here but just think Frampton has a more rounded look about him currently. Cracking fight if it happens though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:21

Frampton wins this one for me, he can box on the front and back foot something which Quigg can't do imo.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:3/4 of the posters who've posted are Irish.......

It's a revolution
I pick Frampton and im from Bury! Quigg is nothing but a bully fighter who got dropped with a Jab, Frampton to slick to well rounded and hits to hard.
Also if they want to make money its best being in Ireland, ramption has been selling out shows wheras Quigg hasnt

Frampton all day every day over scott 'urrrrrrrr' Quigg 'urrrrrrrrr'

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:35

I'm surprised.........Quigg seems to be under appreciated on here.......

Interesting.........I'm the only one going Quigg.....

Though only 55-45....

no wonder mcguigan is interested.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 16:56

Nothing to do with nationality really as I personality can't stand most Irish boxers. The ones over here nearly break down if you tell it how it is.

A couple of weeks ago on Irishboxingwebsite's Facebook page they wrote something about Martin Rogan and Paul McCloskey coming back to fight (not eachother obviously) and I mentioned the point that both of them are garbage and will be lucky to to win another fight let alone a belt.

The abuse my brethren threw at me was disgusting!!! But hey, most of them were probably drunk (wee Irish steriotype in there just for Truss).

Any way, like the other (non Irish) members have pointed out, Frampton just looks more skilled that Quigg, far more relaxed in the ring and has many weapons in his arsenal. Whereas the last time Quigg attempted to show us another side to his game he ended up on his face....and that shot did hurt him and he stayed down for as long as he could in order to clear his head.

Personally I would have loved to see Quigg vs Martinez. Good match ups of styles that would have been and it would have been a good measuring stick to see how Quigg handles knock out punchers who throw serious pressure at their opponents. Frampton proved his worth in that fight. I would have liked to see Quigg tested too against Kiko.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 17:55

I like Quigg, but Frampton is in a different league i think he will end up as one of best fighters the UK has produced in many a year. I can see him stopping Quigg in about 8 rounds of a very good scrap.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:07

Only reason Quigg would fight Frampton would be so he can dodge Rigondeaux a little longer....

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:15

No need for that is there Gerry boy ??

Quigg seems to be a bit unpopular and I don't know why ??

Had him beating the Cuban 7-5..........and he seems a nice lad..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:16

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No need for that is there Gerry boy ??

Quigg seems to be a bit unpopular and I don't know why ??

Had him beating the Cuban 7-5..........and he seems a nice lad..
Nothing against Quigg

But I don't buy this rubbish about 'regular' titles.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:20

But there is no reason to believe quigg would avoid anybody........

He looks like he'd welcome opportunities.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:24

Quigg being World Champion is just toss. Didn't win the title in the ring, defended it with a draw, Rigo is the champ anyway. That said, he's a good fighter, not sure I can split them.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 10:27

I agree...........Being given a title and then drawing is an inauspicious start.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 17:24

Unfortunately yes I have. Theres something about Frampton I don't like. Not even sure what it is. But having seen them both progress the past year it seems pretty clear to me that Frampton is now the much better fighter

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 17:30

Frampton for me seems to be a fighter who looks like his improving with every fight, I fancy him to beat Quigg, Frampton might be something special.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 19:24

There's something about Frampton's attitude to the game that reminds of Hatton in his early days. He looks to get the job done and wants to impress. I think he has as much ability and potential as Ricky and it will be interesting to see whether he has a similar career. (Fringe world class and falls short against the very best)

The plus point thus far is that he looks to be taking on his main rival unlike the Hatton/Witter saga.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down