The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Under achieving Welsh regions

+22
Seagultaf
No 7&1/2
funnyExiledScot
rosbif
GavinDragon
Stone Motif
TightHEAD
Breadvan
MonkeyOwain12
eirebilly
offload
bedfordwelsh
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
RiscaGame
exile jack
PenfroPete
Notch
Pot Hale
Shifty
wayne
LordDowlais
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Under achieving Welsh regions Empty Under achieving Welsh regions

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:27 pm

How very depressing Welsh domestic rugby is, every time they play away from home they are a winning bonus point,five try certainty for the home side, domestic rugby is on it's knees in Wales, over ten years of regionalism, and this is what we have to show for it, I'm sorry, but it is just not good enough.

Cardiff Blues, Scarlets, Ospreys all out of Europe the group stages, Scarlets did not even win a game in Europe FFS. I can only imagine how far Dragons would get if they did not have half hearted French sides in their group, but no doubt normal service will resume when they play their next game away in the second tier comp.

The performances in the league are a joke as well, one team in the top six, this is poor, and I cannot see Scarlets hanging in there either, the regional concept is a joke, it is not working, the four Welsh regions are falling further and further behind every year.

I hope this is the lowest they will be, I really do, I hope next year the fact that players are not leaving will sway things, but how can they ? The same players will still be here next season, giving five tries away in Europe away from home, and scrapping it out in the league for the sixth spot, it is all very depressing, Welsh professional domestic rugby is a lame horse, if it were an animal it would be put out of it's misery by now.

It's time we were honest with ourselves, this regional experiment has failed, I do not see why we cannot go back to the clubs, and sort our own league out, we could not be any worst than we are now.

Cue the pro regional fans to come on here and start insulting me, but I do nt care anymore, I am so fed up with this whole debacle, it makes me wonder why I would even bother paying my money to watch this rubbish anymore.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Under achieving Welsh regions Empty Re: Under achieving Welsh regions

Post by wayne Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm

LordDowlais wrote: it makes me wonder why I would even bother paying my money to watch this rubbish anymore.
Well don't bother then.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:43 pm

It's just a lack of ambition from them all, allegedly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:How very depressing Welsh domestic rugby is, every time they play away from home they are a winning bonus point,five try certainty for the home side, domestic rugby is on it's knees in Wales, over ten years of regionalism, and this is what we have to show for it, I'm sorry, but it is just not good enough.

Cardiff Blues, Scarlets, Ospreys all out of Europe the group stages, Scarlets did not even win a game in Europe FFS. I can only imagine how far Dragons would get if they did not have half hearted French sides in their group, but no doubt normal service will resume when they play their next game away in the second tier comp.

The performances in the league are a joke as well, one team in the top six, this is poor, and I cannot see Scarlets hanging in there either, the regional concept is a joke, it is not working, the four Welsh regions are falling further and further behind every year.

I hope this is the lowest they will be, I really do, I hope next year the fact that players are not leaving will sway things, but how can they ? The same players will still be here next season, giving five tries away in Europe away from home, and scrapping it out in the league for the sixth spot, it is all very depressing, Welsh professional domestic rugby is a lame horse, if it were an animal it would be put out of it's misery by now.

It's time we were honest with ourselves, this regional experiment has failed, I do not see why we cannot go back to the clubs, and sort our own league out, we could not be any worst than we are now.

Cue the pro regional fans to come on here and start insulting me, but I do nt care anymore, I am so fed up with this whole debacle, it makes me wonder why I would even bother paying my money to watch this rubbish anymore.

Would it have really been so hard to say something along the lines of 'at least the Dragons qualified from their group, but will face a tough test at Gloucester'. But only addressing them with a negative when they've done better than a lot of teams in the Challenge Cup in actually qualifying, says a lot about you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:51 pm

I'm not buying the funding issue rubbish after watching todays game.  12 Internationals on the field, 9 of them Welsh, and a Kiwi.  No one in the Exeter team has the individual talent or world status of Alun Wyn-Jones, Dan Biggar  or Justin Tipuric, and yet the Ospreys were never really in the game.  

The Scarlets have had a disgraceful season in Europe this season.   6 played, 6 lost, 182 points conceded, with only 59 scored.  So basically just under 10 points scored a game, and 30 conceded on average!  Only Treviso conceded more.

The Blues went up against Harelquins, and Montpellier's academy teams and got beaten.  Thankfully they had Calvisano so at least they managed to win a couple of games.  

Domestic Welsh rugby is in a pathetic state to be honest.  Thank god for Gatland.

Last edited by Shifty on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:51 pm

And here we go, sarcasm aplenty.

I'll tell you what, you lot bury your heads in the sand, but the truth is, that these four teams have been in operation for over ten years and they are worst than when they started.

You might be happy with the status quo but I ain't, we are the laughing stock of the European rugby community. But let's not worry, it will all be alright during the six nations when team Wales makes us all feel good about rugby again.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:54 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:How very depressing Welsh domestic rugby is, every time they play away from home they are a winning bonus point,five try certainty for the home side, domestic rugby is on it's knees in Wales, over ten years of regionalism, and this is what we have to show for it, I'm sorry, but it is just not good enough.

Would it have really been so hard to say something along the lines of 'at least the Dragons qualified from their group, but will face a tough test at Gloucester'. But only addressing them with a negative when they've done better than a lot of teams in the Challenge Cup in actually qualifying, says a lot about you.

Griff, why are you like this ? I swear you will defend Dragons to the last, but you will never see what is in front of your eyes, a crap team, but at least you are not alone, there are another three of them in Wales.

PS, well done for getting out of your group. I hope it is not another 4 try plus result for Gloucester though, but sadly, that is all I can see for you.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm

Well said Shifty, at least there is someone here who can face reality.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:57 pm

LordDowlais wrote:And here we go, sarcasm aplenty.

I'll tell you what, you lot bury your heads in the sand, but the truth is, that these four teams have been in operation for over ten years and they are worst than when they started.

You might be happy with the status quo but I ain't, we are the laughing stock of the European rugby community. But let's not worry, it will all be alright during the six nations when team Wales makes us all feel good about rugby again.

To be fair mate, 95% of Welsh people don't give a toss about the regions. A lot of people won't notice either way that the Ospreys failed today.
Wales is more important than the regions, and what they achieve. The only thing they are good for is employing and keeping the better Welsh boys in Wales, so Gatland has access to them.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:02 pm

I thought you said that the European comps were just a way for the Welsh team to make money from the scraps left by the English French teams and that it didn't matter what teams the regions fielded as long as they got the money for participating.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm

Moaning about sarcasm and then using it yourself. You couldn't make this stuff up!

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:08 pm

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

Can I give my honest opinions- and I promise you I'm not trying to be controversial, just giving an honest view as a fan of rugby and the Pro12. This isn't about Ireland-Wales are any of that guff. This is just how I see it.

There is only one side that is a shambles in Welsh Rugby and that, sadly, is Cardiff. Before the regions came in they had a great opportunity to establish themselves as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, being the first (and only) Welsh side to reach the European Cup Final, being given every advantage by the WRU and having a wealthy backer. They have wasted it all. They are a disaster, sorry.

The other three are not as bad as you think. The Scarlets have talent but no depth. They are perpetually one or two injuries away from a meltdown but can also beat any team in Europe. With a good mental skills coach they could go a long way because i think when they have injuries- everyone else loses all confidence and they collapse. As if they don't believe they can play without key men on the pitch. They need a dose of what Gatland gave to Wales in the RWC. Despite losing many key players, Wales kept the same standard up. It's because of the strength of character n the squad that younger players had the confidence to step in and do the job. Who is Captain at the Scarlets? Where is the leadership? Fix the leadership issue and they can be contenders.

Dragons are my favourite non-Irish team in the Pro12 because it doesn't matter how many times Gatland ignores their players, big names leave or they don't finish in the top half. They simply don't ever give up on anything. How is it that they have the least money, the least talented squad and yet they are the Welsh team I dread playing away the most? You know if you go to Cardiff, Llanelli or Swansea and play badly you can still win. But the Dragons are so hard-nosed you can't do that at Rodney Parade. They have the same problem as Scarlets; no depth. But where Scarlets have the talent, Dragons don't have the players in the tight five to compete with the Irish provinces, Ospreys or Glasgow across the whole season. They can beat them all in one-off games but they can't win 2 or 3 games in a row very often. They just have no consistency, but they are easily the team I most admire.

Ospreys took 6 or 7 points off Clermont Auvergne this season right? I wonder how many other teams will be able to say that at the end of the season? They have the right mix- leaders and talent. They are perennial title contenders and like my own team, Ulster, they were very unlucky not to get through- both teams were drawn in incredibly hard groups and just missed out in a few key fixtures against teams there is absolutely no shame in losing too. Both teams were alive on the last day in a competition where every other side that was in contention has a bigger budget. Both teams have realistic dreams of winning the Pro12 this year.

In fact, I am tipping the Final to be Ospreys vs Ulster this year. And if you win, you'll all be blydi insufferable again in 10 seconds flat Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

Griff, why are you like this ? I swear you will defend Dragons to the last, but you will never see what is in front of your eyes, a crap team, but at least you are not alone, there are another three of them in Wales.

PS, well done for getting out of your group. I hope it is not another 4 try plus result for Gloucester though, but sadly, that is all I can see for you.

I am one of Dragons' biggest critics. We've been rubbish and achieved nothing, in terms of extrinsic rewards (which is what I assume you refer to?). However, we're the only Welsh team to progress from the euro tournaments this season. We're in the 2nd tier tournament because we're a second tier side and we're playing teams about our standard, and we've actually progressed from the group which would have been an aim at the start of the season. Yes, we're likely to go out but some credit for winning the majority of our games in the group wouldn't go a miss. All you can do is claim the French teams didn't bother. It just p*sses me right off. You've also lumped us in with the Blues who didn't progress. Seems rather disingenuous.

You also bang on about the Dragons having a lack of ambition compared to the other Welsh regions. Surely this weekends results has poured water on that theory? It's not a lack of ambition - Ospreys, for example, are very ambitious. As are the other 3 regions. It's just they're not always in a position to realise those ambitions, and often this is to do with finances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:19 pm

Notch wrote:Can I give my honest opinions- and I promise you I'm not trying to be controversial, just giving an honest view as a fan of rugby and the Pro12. This isn't about Ireland-Wales are any of that guff. This is just how I see it.

There is only one side that is a shambles in Welsh Rugby and that, sadly, is Cardiff. Before the regions came in they had a great opportunity to establish themselves as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, being the first (and only) Welsh side to reach the European Cup Final, being given every advantage by the WRU and having a wealthy backer. They have wasted it all. They are a disaster, sorry.

The other three are not as bad as you think. The Scarlets have talent but no depth. They are perpetually one or two injuries away from a meltdown but can also beat any team in Europe. With a good mental skills coach they could go a long way because i think when they have injuries- everyone else loses all confidence and they collapse. As if they don't believe they can play without key men on the pitch. They need a dose of what Gatland gave to Wales in the RWC. Despite losing many key players, Wales kept the same standard up. It's because of the strength of character n the squad that younger players had the confidence to step in and do the job. Who is Captain at the Scarlets? Where is the leadership? Fix the leadership issue and they can be contenders.

Dragons are my favourite non-Irish team in the Pro12 because it doesn't matter how many times Gatland ignores their players, big names leave or they don't finish in the top half. They simply don't ever give up on anything. How is it that they have the least money, the least talented squad and yet they are the Welsh team I dread playing away the most? You know if you go to Cardiff, Llanelli or Swansea and play badly you can still win. But the Dragons are so hard-nosed you can't do that at Rodney Parade. They have the same problem as Scarlets; no depth. But where Scarlets have the talent, Dragons don't have the players in the tight five to compete with the Irish provinces, Ospreys or Glasgow across the whole season. They can beat them all in one-off games but they can't win 2 or 3 games in a row very often. They just have no consistency, but they are easily the team I most admire.

Ospreys took 6 or 7 points off Clermont Auvergne this season right? I wonder how many other teams will be able to say that at the end of the season? They have the right mix- leaders and talent. They are perennial title contenders and like my own team, Ulster, they were very unlucky not to get through- both teams were drawn in incredibly hard groups and just missed out in a few key fixtures against teams there is absolutely no shame in losing too. Both teams were alive on the last day in a competition where every other side that was in contention has a bigger budget. Both teams have realistic dreams of winning the Pro12 this year.

In fact, I am tipping the Final to be Ospreys vs Ulster this year. And if you win, you'll all be blydi insufferable again in 10 seconds flat Laugh

Not controversial at all Notch. Some very astute observations there I would say. Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:22 pm

Griff, please do not talk to me about finances, Ospreys had a full team of internationals out on the field today, on paper they should be at least getting a LBP away to Exeter, but it was another 5 try humping, every game the Welsh sides play away from home the are conceding numerous try's.

The regions are worst now than they ever have been, over ten years down the line and still crap, what a waste of a decade.

But as long as team Wales keeps going from strength to strength, who cares ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:34 pm

Good points NOTCH OK

"The regions aren't working" - so then, anybody want to offer alternatives/solutions ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:40 pm

Achievements in the challenge cup don't count, or really it should be called Academy cup because that's what most teams put out in the tournament.
It's a bit like the Football League Cup in England (old coca-cola cup), it's just a competition for the sake of having one and to fill fixtures. the competition is pointless and no more valuable than the Lv Cup was. Getting excited about those games is pointless.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Under achieving Welsh regions Empty Under achieving Welsh regions

Post by exile jack Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:06 pm

Exile jack wrote:
I was at Sandy Park.The TV doesn't quite show you how poor a team containing 12 internationals played.The Exeter fans around me couldn't believe it.Our discipline poor,our tackling comical,our kicking aimless and our so called stars outplayed by relative unknowns and,in one case,a No 8 deemed surplus to English national team requirements.After Dan B had tried and failed several times to try the same telegraphed inside ball the Exeter shhupporters around me wondered how this man was Wales' first choice.A very depressing afternoon.We need to adopt the approach England did after the WC.A complete overhaul of the coaching team.

exile jack

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:10 pm

A good post Notch, a lot of astute points there, well said Penfro, I agree with a lot of what you say, Griff, yes you are right you should not have been lumped in with the Blues, well done for qualifying, at least we have one team to cheer on.
Lord I've put it on the other thread, we supposedly have a team full of Internationals, we have 5 in that team today that would get anywhere near a Welsh 23 AWJ, Biggar and Baldwin starting with probably Tipuric and James on the bench, please DON'T include a Moldovan or Fijian who is not a first choice for them.
As I put in the other thread because there are only 4 home teams supplying TW, and as we (normally) supply the most, because they are Internationals it doesn't mean they are top class, England have 12 teams, so each team over a season only need to supply 2 or 3 players, it doesn't mean their teams are made up of lesser players.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:33 pm

Dowlais in Dec. The Pro 12 teams (thus including the Regions) can't be expected to compete with the Aviva.

https://www.606v2.com/t61526-the-pro12-teams-need-to-do-something-or-else

Dowlais in October.

https://www.606v2.com/t60973-irfu-to-spend-even-more-money-on-their-wages

LordDowlais wrote:Spend,spend,spend. If you cant beat em, join em.

It just goes to show the disparity in the Pro12. There really should be a salary cap in our league. At the moment the Irish are spending more than the French.

Dowlais in July

https://www.606v2.com/t59768-irish-big-spenders

In a nutshell, how are we supposed to compete in the league or the Europe when in his own words, we are being outspent?

But then, his solution is go back to clubs. So he either means, a name change is going to make a difference or he means more Welsh clubs which will dilute our talent pool further and mean less of a budget per team.

To knock the Dragons for getting out of a group containing two big spending French teams is a bit much too. Does make it seem like you have some sort of agenda. If I were you, I would stick to generating clicks for Walesonline, as you are good at that.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:33 pm

Notch wrote:Can I give my honest opinions- and I promise you I'm not trying to be controversial, just giving an honest view as a fan of rugby and the Pro12. This isn't about Ireland-Wales are any of that guff. This is just how I see it.

A joy to watch not so many moons ago and let us not forget that Cardiff were a penalty kick away from reaching the HEC final in 2009. Tom James missed his unfortunately. Won the EDF though and beat Toulon on their home patch the following season in the Parker Pen. Then things began going whoops-a-daisy off the field big blydi time, internally and with Dodger.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

A joy to watch not so many moons ago and let us not forget that Cardiff were a penalty kick away from reaching the HEC final in 2009. Tom James missed his unfortunately. Won the EDF though and beat Toulon on their home patch the following season in the Parker Pen. Then things began going whoops-a-daisy off the field big blydi time, internally and with Dodger.

Wasn't it Martyn Williams who missed the kick???

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:04 pm

Shifty wrote:Achievements in the challenge cup don't count, or really it should be called Academy cup because that's what most teams put out in the tournament.  
It's a bit like the Football League Cup in England (old coca-cola cup), it's just a competition for the sake of having one and to fill fixtures.  the competition is pointless and no more valuable than the Lv Cup was.  Getting excited about those games is pointless.  

The Academy Cup final 2010.....Meh;

Cardiff Blues 28-21 Toulon

Toulon:
Marienval; Lovobalavu, May, Sonny B Williams, Sinzelle; Wilkinson, Henjak; Taumoepeau, Fitzgerald, Kubriashvili, Lozada, Skeate, Van Niekerk (capt), Fernandez Lobbe, Auelua.
Replacements: Umaga for Sinzelle (70), Kefu for Wilkinson (46), Mignoni for Henjak (56), Emmanuelli for Taumoepeau (56), Bruno for Fitzgerald (34), Ryan for Kubriashvili (40), Suta for Lozada (51), Sourice for Auelua (68).

Cardiff Blues:
Blair; Halfpenny, Laulala, Roberts, Czekaj; Sweeney, Rees; Jenkins (capt), Thomas, Filise, Davies, Jones, Molitika, M Williams, Rush.
Replacements: Hewitt for Laulala (80), Yapp for Jenkins (40), G Williams for Thomas (46), Andrews for Filise (56), Tito for Jones (51), Warburton for Molitika (62). Not Used: Allinson, Flanagan.

Att: 48,990

Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland).

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:09 pm

wayne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: it makes me wonder why I would even bother paying my money to watch this rubbish anymore.
Well don't bother then.

Agree. Welsh rugby is much better without the likes of LD.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Dowlais in Dec. The Pro 12 teams (thus including the Regions) can't be expected to compete with the Aviva.

Dowlais in October.

It just goes to show the disparity in the Pro12. There really should be a salary cap in our league. At the moment the Irish are spending more than the French.

Dowlais in July

In a nutshell, how are we supposed to compete in the league or the Europe when in his own words, we are being outspent?

But then, his solution is go back to clubs. So he either means, a name change is going to make a difference or he means more Welsh clubs which will dilute our talent pool further and mean less of a budget per team.

To knock the Dragons for getting out of a group containing two big spending French teams is a bit much too. Does make it seem like you have some sort of agenda. If I were you, I would stick to generating clicks for Walesonline, as you are good at that.

New name, same old risca.

Do me a favour, instead of just coming on here to bitch every time somebody had a go at your beloved Dragons, why don't you start a topic, or contribute with something worth talking about ? No, you would rather just come on here and act all high and mighty and telling people him wrong and stupid they are.

You never start a topic, I wonder why.

PS I know why you have changed your username. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Wasn't it Martyn Williams who missed the kick???

Enjoy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmIzYvh9Dys

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:12 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
wayne wrote:
Well don't bother then.

Mikey, I've told you before, when you actually get off your behind and go and watch the regions, only then can you make comments like that. Until then, just stay and watch your beloved Dragons from your bedroom, with your parents fitting the bill.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Dowlais in Dec. The Pro 12 teams (thus including the Regions) can't be expected to compete with the Aviva.

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

Dowlais posting I'll-informed, one eyed, incorrect and hypocritical comments again? Who knew! Like your last line too, I couldn't agree more!

Just to add, why aren't Sale considered a good team? They've a very strong first team and in some very good stats in the premeirship.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:14 pm

Ah, Martyn Williams missed an earlier one (3rd kick). Why on earth was he so high up the kicking order?! Or had they gone round twice by that stage???

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
wayne wrote:
Well don't bother then.

Mikey, I've told you before, when you actually get off your behind and go and watch the regions, only then can you make comments like that. Until then, just stay and watch your beloved Dragons from your bedroom, with your parents fitting the bill.

Why so presumptuous? You're just making a fool of yourself with these comments. I can see why the Irish dislike you now if this is the kind of sh'te you are posting about their teams. And no, I can make whatever comments I desire. You're entitled to your views but your previous comments about the dragons and your ones about me are wholly inaccurate.

You'd be welcome in Pontypridd with this attitude. I suggest you leave Welsh rugby and go join them where you can all be happy. And for future reference - instead of going on embarrassing tirades against the dragons and their supporters on the internet go down to RP and do it to their face Smile. Make sure you do the same when Ulster visit CAP.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:17 pm

Griff wrote:Ah, Martyn Williams missed an earlier one (3rd kick). Why on earth was he so high up the kicking order?! Or had they gone round twice by that stage???

Ewe haven't watched it have ewe?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Welsh professional domestic rugby is a lame horse, if it were an animal it would be put out of it's misery by now

Umm, you used this just the other day, except Welsh rugby was replaced with the word dragons. At least try and vary your material - that doesn't mean nicking material from the Irish again btw Wink.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

Dowlais posting I'll-informed, one eyed, incorrect and hypocritical comments again? Who knew! Like your last line too, I couldn't agree more!

Just to add, why aren't Sale considered a good team? They've a very strong first team and in some very good stats in the premeirship.

Sale are eight in their league and only ten points off the bottom, they might be a good team, but if an eighth in the league team can man shame a team then how rubbish are that team ?

What is it with the Dragons fans on this forum ? Why is it you cannot accept criticism when it is warranted ? You are giving me a bashing for daring to say Dragons are rubbish, news flash, they are, and the other regions are not that much better either. Yet you are more than ready to accept a pat on the back when you win a game, which is not very often if we are honest.

I know a few Dragons fans from actually going to watch them, they are decent people, you lot on here though are on another level.

I do not expect our regions to be going away to other teams and wiping the floor with them, that would be ridiculous, we do not spend as much, but what I would expect is for our teams not to be a 5pt banker every time they travel, it is embarrassing, the Welsh regions are like what the Italians are away from home, a guaranteed 5pts. There is such a lack of passion and endeavour away from home it is depressing, our regions are capable of it, Ospreys dug deep against Clermont at home, as soon as they play away, like the other three regions, they are useless.

On paper Ospreys are a bette team than Exeter, but they were made to look worst than average today. In the ten years since the regions were formed, they have gone backwards.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

Some good points there notch. Hopefully you can drum some sense into the 'author' of this pointless rant.

Notch wrote:There is only one side that is a shambles in Welsh Rugby and that, sadly, is Cardiff. Before the regions came in they had a great opportunity to establish themselves as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, being the first (and only) Welsh side to reach the European Cup Final, being given every advantage by the WRU and having a wealthy backer. They have wasted it all. They are a disaster, sorry.

Fair points. Said backers however might be good at running a business but don't know much about rugby it seems. Evident by all the signings they started to bring in around 2009, along with all of the awful coaches they hired. When they finally hired a good one they fired him because some of their crap players couldn't handle his training regime - and for hammet to say that the Blues were 15 years behind those clubs in NZ just says it all really. Dai Young saw the writing on the wall long ago and decided to get out of there. Finally they have a good coach and are beginning to build a good squad again, but the last few years for them have been just as you describe.

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm

So going back to the clubs would achieve what? How many European competitions did the our clubs win exactly?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:40 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:So going back to the clubs would achieve what?  How many European competitions did the our clubs win exactly?

One?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:51 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:So going back to the clubs would achieve what?  How many European competitions did the our clubs win exactly?

One?

Have they? last time I looked I am pretty sure the record books show that the Cardiff Blues which are classed as a Region by the Union won not Cardiff RFC.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:57 pm

It seems that LD hasn't balanced his argument with the fact that the emphasis has been team fecking Wales for donkey's ie the 13 day rule, the fecking 4th AI, Dodger and the war that endured for 4 years or so. And what are the strings attached regarding a union NDC?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

Do me a favour, instead of just coming on here to bitch every time somebody had a go at your beloved Dragons, why don't you start a topic, or contribute with something worth talking about ? No, you would rather just come on here and act all high and mighty and telling people him wrong and stupid they are.

I have contributed something worth talking about. Why do you change your mind like the weather about how well the regions should be doing?

Why did I change my username? This should be good.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

Sale are eight in their league and only ten points off the bottom, they might be a good team, but if an eighth in the league team can man shame a team then how rubbish are that team ?

What is it with the Dragons fans on this forum ? Why is it you cannot accept criticism when it is warranted ? You are giving me a bashing for daring to say Dragons are rubbish, news flash, they are, and the other regions are not that much better either. Yet you are more than ready to accept a pat on the back when you win a game, which is not very often if we are honest.

I know a few Dragons fans from actually going to watch them, they are decent people, you lot on here though are on another level.

They're 8th for now yes, but I was referring to other stats that show that they're pretty good (quoting Morris, and if you really want to get a point across about the Dregs I suggest you do it the way he did), so again you're being disingenuous to them and their host of top level players. BTW you know we're lower than 8th right? We're playing at our level and all the regions are playing at the level they are forced to, they're not under achieving.

I won't include myself in this but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Dragons fans on this forum - I think they're the most level-headed and least biased of all the welsh on here. If you're having to ask yourself what is wrong with this group of posters, and then what is wrong with that group of posters it might be worth watching what you're actually posting? You're entitled to your view but I find the majority of your views ill-informed, one eyed, incorrect and hypocritical - I am certain that I'm not the only one. It's been said to you on this very thread, and it was said on the Dragons thread that you recently hijacked that we know we're rubbish and we spend a lot of time being critical of the set-up down RP. So if you didn't read this in the middle of your on-going, angry, anti-dragon tirades then there must be a large rock between you and the monitor. Your comments on our team are starting to get ridiculous now, with each post you even have the good posters banging their head on the desk.

Oh back to slagging us off again on the net? It only took another post between this one and your last one for you to revert to type eh?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:It seems that LD hasn't balanced his argument with the fact that the emphasis has been team fecking Wales for donkey's ie the 13 day rule, the fecking 4th AI, Dodger and the war that endured for 4 years or so. And what are the strings attached regarding a union NDC?

Yes team Wales is a hindrance, I am fed up with it's all ok attitude because Wales are doing ok. But it is not team Wales fault that we only have one team on the top six of the league, and no teams qualifying out of their groups in Europe, except for Dragons.

At least they are through in their comp, but they will not get any further if their last game is anything yo go by.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

Your arrogance in all of this is astonishing. When are the Dragons supporters on here suggesting they are better than they are, as you suggest? All you can come up with when somebody takes you on is "heads in the sand" or "Dragons are rubbish". Then you decide to abuse all the Dragons posters on here by suggesting they're not decent people. You're a gem

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:05 pm

RiscaGame wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Dowlais in October.

Dowlais in July

I have contributed something worth talking about. Why do you change your mind like the weather about how well the regions should be doing?

Why did I change my username? This should be good.

Oh Christ, did LD actually just write this "why don't you start a topic, or contribute with something worth talking about". #hypocrite

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:06 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

One?

Have they?  last time I looked I am pretty sure the record books show that the Cardiff Blues which are classed as a Region by the Union won not Cardiff RFC.

Yep.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:07 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Some good points there notch. Hopefully you can drum some sense into the 'author' of this pointless rant.

I'm an optimist, not a miracle worker Cool
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:It seems that LD hasn't balanced his argument with the fact that the emphasis has been team fecking Wales for donkey's ie the 13 day rule, the fecking 4th AI, Dodger and the war that endured for 4 years or so. And what are the strings attached regarding a union NDC?

Yes team Wales is a hindrance, I am fed up with it's all ok attitude because Wales are doing ok. But it is not team Wales fault that we only have one team on the top six of the league, and no teams qualifying out of their groups in Europe, except for Dragons.

At least they are through in their comp, but they will not get any further if their last game is anything yo go by.

LD who even thinks it's okay? Are you making stuff up again so you can go on a rant?

Your second statement is probably correct and is along the lines of what Dewi said, however a lot could change between now and the KO stages, for better or worse. Do you see the difference in this statement and your previous rants?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:13 pm

Ok, if I am spouting rubbish, being an hypocrite, being arrogant, and what ever else I have had slung at me, then you tell me, do you think that the regions performance have warranted praise this season ?

Do you all think that going away from home and conceding 4 to 5 try's in every fixture is acceptable ?

Do you think having only one team in the top six of the league is acceptable ?

Do you accept your team being constantly at the wrong end of the table ?

I do not think any of those situations are acceptable, but obviously there are members on here who do. I am sorry, but that is how I feel, and I do not care what anybody on here thinks about that. Domestic Welsh rugby is at its lowest I can remember, I am fed up with mediocrity, why should I be tarred and feathered for thinking like this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:14 pm

If you don't care what anybody thinks, why are you giving them questions to answer?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Plenty been moaning about it for donkeys LD and it does seem as if "things" are being addressed although I can't be too sure.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next