The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

+17
BamBam
JDizzle
crazy_dave23
TM Moot
Fernando
twelve283
Skyforger
liverbnz
Pr4wn
skins4ever
Lowlandbrit
mikeygnfl
Number-25
Breadvan
GSC
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
21 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Time for Carolina to pull out some starters me thinks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm

You have to say, there's something very interesting about the Eagles suddenly getting back a first round pick for the draft they'll be hosting...

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread V

Post by skins4ever Sun 04 Sep 2016, 12:49 pm

So, who's the best QB available coming out next year? Just wondering who the Eagles will be taking at the #1 slot... Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 04 Sep 2016, 3:15 pm

Skins fans getting mouthy, always a sign a great fall is incoming
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 04 Sep 2016, 4:20 pm

As is Eagles fans thinking they will win the NFC East. Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 Sep 2016, 5:55 pm

The whole division stinks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Sep 2016, 3:03 am

Vikings had enough young talent to wait a year. A first rounder is far too much to give up for Bradford. Having said that, they could still do it all with Bradford at QB. Superbowls have been won with game managers.

The only thing is that Bradford is made of glass and he will get injured at some point.

The clear winners of this trade are Cleveland as they own Philly's first rounder for the upcoming draft. Think about it, the Browns may well have the first two picks in the draft!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 Sep 2016, 8:58 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Vikings had enough young talent to wait a year. A first rounder is far too much to give up for Bradford. Having said that, they could still do it all with Bradford at QB. Superbowls have been won with game managers.

The only thing is that Bradford is made of glass and he will get injured at some point.

The clear winners of this trade are Cleveland as they own Philly's first rounder for the upcoming draft. Think about it, the Browns may well have the first two picks in the draft!

I for one, would be a huge advocate of seeing Cleveland mess up picking #1 and #2
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 05 Sep 2016, 11:55 pm

They are far from being a strong team, but it seems the Browns organisation is at least heading in the right direction. They are racking up some draft picks and are not a foregone conclusion to finish bottom of their division. Seems we need to find another whipping boy, and it may not be the Jags at that. How about the Romo-less Cowboys? Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 06 Sep 2016, 7:43 am

Well, after trading away Justin Gilbert they've conceded that their two first rounders from two years ago were both busts.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:08 pm

Gathering a few draft picks doesn't suddenly mean they're heading in the right direction

Have you seen that roster? It's abysmal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 06 Sep 2016, 2:18 pm

their track record on high picks isn't exactly impressive...

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 06 Sep 2016, 6:13 pm

It says something when having a lawyer and a baseball GM running your team is heading in the right direction.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 06 Sep 2016, 8:27 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they go 7-9 or maybe 8-8. they are far from division winners, but even 7-9would be a massive improvement. Just depends on whether they can avoid any more shenanigans from their star WR.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 07 Sep 2016, 3:33 am

No way they get seven wins. Their defence is trash.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:21 am

I'd bet they don't get seven wins if you combine this season and next season's records
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:32 am

I'm inclined to agree with Olly on the Cleveland outlook.
Having said that, at least with Bob Griffin on board they're all set at QB for years to come.....

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 08 Sep 2016, 8:50 pm

Just in case you folks weren't aware, there's FOOTBALL ON TONIGHT!!!!!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 Sep 2016, 11:04 pm

Personally I'm pumped for MNF

Blaine Gabbert vs Case Keenum is what prime time was made for
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 09 Sep 2016, 6:03 am

What a game to start the season...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 09 Sep 2016, 7:15 am

Why was everyone fawning over Trevor Simian? He kept missing easy throws, turned it over ridiculously twice - Paxton lynch will be starting by thanksgiving
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:06 am

Carolina doesn't respond well to adversity at all. Mentally it seems like they shut down when a game isn't going their way.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:35 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Why was everyone fawning over Trevor Simian? He kept missing easy throws, turned it over ridiculously twice - Paxton lynch will be starting by thanksgiving

As an ex-QB and coach, I'll tell you where Simian was great and where he was poor.

His pocket presence is pretty damn good given his pro experience. Carolina couldn't get a lot of pressure on him and when they did he did a pretty good job of avoiding it. His adjustment to a) pressure and b) great coverage on a number of plays was beyond a 1 snap QB. He checked down and threw the ball away exactly when he needed to or ran for the 1st down (when he checked out of that slant and then got the FD late in the game, he could very well have changed the outcome of the game). His touch on some of those passes was sublime - many people don't realise exactly what a skill a touch pass really is, and his adjustment on that first pass (changing down to a sidearm throw) was unbelievable. Many rookies would have swallowed it for a sack or had it batted down. He was cool under pressure and never looked ruffled (as opposed to Newton who looked beaten down on a few occasions). He made one or two passes that Manning would have been proud of.

Where he was poor? He didn't try to stretch the field nearly enough. If you want to relieve pressure you have to keep the secondary honest. He's partially responsible for the first pick (it was a hell of a defensive play) and wholly on the second. That second one should never have been thrown - given the angle it was never open. He was trying to force it and was one of the few plays he didn't keep his cool. He checked down well, but there were times he should have tested the defence more instead of playing safe, although Kubiak may have told him to manage the game rather than try and win it.

He's a work in progress. Key is will he get better or was this beginners luck. He is lucky in having a D to lean on so he doesn't have to put it all on his shoulders, but if he wants the job full time, he has to try to take more control of the game. Form this showing its hard to tell if he's just a game manger or a potential gem. But the kid has football brains and looks pretty well grounded, so maybe he's got a long career in front of him, even if its just as a journeyman.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 09 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

He's not the second coming of Manning yet but he was pretty damn good for a first start. Let's not forget that the Panthers have a quality defensive unit. Virgil Green looked very sharp, I thought. Those Denver edge rushers are ridiculous though. How does DeMarcus Ware keep doing it?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 09 Sep 2016, 9:35 pm

On top of the Brady suspension - Gronk didn't make the trip, neither did Nate Solder or Jonathan Cooper

My analysis - poor Jimmy G. He's gonna get a pasting Sunday night

Might just write this as a 0-1 start already
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:47 pm

Do I bother putting Bennett into my fantasy team?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 10 Sep 2016, 12:08 am

Pr4wn wrote:Do I bother putting Bennett into my fantasy team?

I wouldn't put anyone bar Gronk/Edelman on your fantasy team from the Pats O until Brady is back tbh

Bennett had a very mediocre pre season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 10 Sep 2016, 5:16 pm

And Delanie Walker (my other option) is a targets machine.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 11 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

Do I start M.Bennett or Zach Miller?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 1:25 pm

Is Zach Miller even on a team?

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 11 Sep 2016, 1:43 pm

:P He's with the bears!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 11 Sep 2016, 3:51 pm

Do I start Martellus Bennett or Delanie Walker?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 11 Sep 2016, 4:13 pm

I'd start Walker. Bennett may well get targets from Garrofolo when he gets in trouble, but Walker is more likely to get yards, and potentially TD's.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 11 Sep 2016, 5:42 pm

Doug Baldwin or Pierre Garcon?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 7:35 pm

Aaron Rodgers you are not human
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 7:45 pm

Keenan Allen torn ACL

Brutal - just brutal. Most underrated WR in the league
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 11 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

Looks like it's going to be another long season for the Titans.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm

Man I forgot how much fun football is
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:31 pm

If you're a Browns fan, probably best to report back next January
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:32 pm

Ballsy play call by the Raiders. I guess they didn't trust their D to stop Brees and/or want to go to OT.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:34 pm

Also welcome to the Darrelle Revis retirement tour
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:40 pm

GSC wrote:If you're a Browns fan, probably best to report back next January

But it's only 1 game?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:47 pm

Comeback by the Chiefs, but Andy Reid has got to be edging towards a heart attack. They need Charles back ASAP - they surely can't consistently win when they throw the ball 70+% of the time?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:55 pm

skins4ever wrote:

But it's only 1 game?

Please tell me what you see about the Browns (especially on defence) that means they'll win anything beyond 2/3 games this year? Cos I just don't see it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 11 Sep 2016, 9:57 pm

GSC wrote:Also welcome to the Darrelle Revis retirement tour

Massive fan of the Pats using up the last good year of his prime (he actually wasn't prime Revis that year - had a tough playoff run), then letting him go back to the Jets to make 17m a year

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm

Which of last season's worst three teams is in the worst spot right now? Browns are clearly terrible, but how long do the Titans have to wait to get some wins from all that talent they're supposed to have, and how long are the Chargers going to keep telling themselves they don't need to start rebuilding yet?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 11 Sep 2016, 10:08 pm

The Browns got manhandled by a bad roster starting a rookie QB installed a week ago with virtually no preseason.

It's only one game but it isn't a very promising one.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 11 Sep 2016, 11:43 pm

Don't know about anyone else but I'm so glad football is back. A few fantastic games to start this season off.

Also, great to see Adrian Clayborn finally contribute to a Buccaneers win.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:49 am

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
skins4ever wrote:

But it's only 1 game?

Please tell me what you see about the Browns (especially on defence) that means they'll win anything beyond 2/3 games this year? Cos I just don't see it

But they have a great QB, WR and an all pro level CB. Surely that's enough talent for any team?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:52 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:Which of last season's worst three teams is in the worst spot right now? Browns are clearly terrible, but how long do the Titans have to wait to get some wins from all that talent they're supposed to have, and how long are the Chargers going to keep telling themselves they don't need to start rebuilding yet?

I don't get the chargers really. They continue to spend a lot on offense without really upgrading any position, and their defense continues to be leaky especially late in games. They have to realise this is one of the last good seasons they will get out of Rivers, so where's their future leader?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 Sep 2016, 12:55 am

skins4ever wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
skins4ever wrote:

But it's only 1 game?

But they have a great QB, WR and an all pro level CB. Surely that's enough talent for any team?

Sorry but having issues reading your message beyond "great QB" due to the uncontrollable laughter I am experiencing

I must be missing when Cody Kessler became a great QB cos RG3 certainly ain't it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next