The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68?

4 posters

Go down

Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68? Empty Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68?

Post by hazharrison Tue 02 Feb 2016, 2:42 pm

Nice profile of Ramirez in this month's Boxing Monthly.

The Mexican's 33-0 (24) and scheduled to face Abraham in Vegas in April. Arum has boasted he'll be the man to wreck Golovkin.

Has anyone seen much of him?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68? Empty Re: Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68?

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 02 Feb 2016, 2:47 pm

No , never seen him but he's making the right noises that's why I'm looking forward to see his fight with Abraham. Beat Arthur and a fight with DeGale would be a certain.

Considered the best prospect in Mexico and they know their boxing. But they could be wrong, I guess. We'll soon find out.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68? Empty Re: Gilberto Ramirez: The Next Big Thing At '68?

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 02 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm

I reckon Froch'll be watching.

He must be dying to see someone beat DeGale.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 3:48 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:I reckon Froch'll be watching.

He must be dying to see someone beat DeGale.
One can only hope

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 02 Feb 2016, 8:52 pm

... Planning a move on the grieving widow Dave?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Tue 02 Feb 2016, 10:13 pm

Good fighter yea but no great force

Was a very good 20 year old but just hasn't seemed to progress like he was supoosed to

Fought a B level fighter on the Rios Alvarado 3 undercard and the lad couldn't block a right had for the life of him, when I saw him I just saw a chavez Jr part 2 but think that was an off night for him

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Feb 2016, 6:13 am

Hands Of Stone wrote:Good fighter yea but no great force

Was a very good 20 year old but just hasn't seemed to progress like he was supoosed to

Fought a B level fighter on the Rios Alvarado 3 undercard and the lad couldn't block a right had for the life of him, when I saw him I just saw a chavez Jr  part 2 but think that was an off night for him

Thanks HOS - will have to track down some footage. You don't often come across a 168 pound Mexican southpaw!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down