The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

+9
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
Jermaine2015
TRUSSMAN66
Scottrf
shenglong2015
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? Empty Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:20

Was watching the Gloves are off Frampton v Quigg, and one of the controversial points of the head to head was Frampton's attack on Quiggs intelligence, in particular the following quote:

"Your intelligence outside the ring, reflects on your intelligence inside the ring"

I have a feeling it wont be the last we hear about this.

Anyway, it got me thinking a few things:

1) Do you think Frampton crossed the line and made it personal by suggesting Quigg is a bit slow?

2) Do you think Quigg isn't the smartest tool outside the ring? And does this carry over to his Ring IQ?

3) Do you think if a fighter is intelligent outside the ring this helps when you are fighting inside the ring?

Thanks,

Sheng

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? Empty Re: Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by Scottrf Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:21

They get punched in the face for a living. What other evidence do you need?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? Empty Re: Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:23

I think they'll hug after the fight..Despite your unsubtle pop at an English fighter...

Yep Ireland is wonderful...There you go..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:29

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think they'll hug after the fight..Despite your unsubtle pop at an English fighter...

Havent a clue what your talking about Truss?

How on earth this can be read as a dig t an English fighter is beyond me, if anything it questions Frampton and has he crossed the line?

You struggling with reading as well as writing now? I know the American stereotype but please don't live up to it Truss.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think they'll hug after the fight..Despite your unsubtle pop at an English fighter...

Hard to hug a knocked out Quigg btw.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:37

Try to be more subtle...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:40

Gotta question Quigg's intelligence. He's walking around wearing Rigondeaux's title. A title gifted to him. Yet he calls himself 'world champion'.

At least Frampton won his championship in the ring.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:41

Are you for real ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:41

It didn't need to be said. I don't like people being made fun of because of intelligence. It is classless. It happens on forums with people you don't know. It isn't as bad. They don't need that garbage to sell the fight. It sells itself.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:46

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Are you for real ??
100%

Facing loads of bums. Getting gifted a title doesn't mean you are a champion. Paper chump.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:48

It's part of the game.....People have said a lot worse..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 0:49

The best guy on Carls record is also on Quiggs. I still think Carl is a class above, but Quigg has a solid record.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:14

Quigg beat a Martinez whom Frampton took it all from.

So the best name of Quigg's record is a shell of the fighter Frampton dominated

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:16

Are you Irish Jermaine ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:24

That and Munroe. Why was he a shell?? I can't believe I'm defending Quigg, but he is far from average.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:30

Jermaine2015 wrote:Quigg beat a Martinez whom Frampton took it all from.

So the best name of Quigg's record is a shell of the fighter Frampton dominated

You could tell from the whole of those two rounds that he'd become a shell?

So in your opinion everyone is a bum and everyone is a shell the moment they lose.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:33

AdamT wrote:It didn't need to be said. I don't like people being made fun of because of intelligence. It is classless. It happens on forums with people you don't know. It isn't as bad. They don't need that garbage to sell the fight. It sells itself.

I agree Adam, contrary to Truss' belief that I have an ulterior motive, it did make me feel uneasy, and ironically I think that Frampton would have showed his intelligence by staying away from the "outside the ring" slur.....

He should have stuck to his Ring IQ, everything else became personal and a bit tasteless.

Agreed mate.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:35

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Are you Irish Jermaine ??

Whats this got to do with anything?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:36

Quiggs response to Frampton questioning his intelligence? To talk about his 'thinking brain', that's different from his other brains so either hes exceptionally gifted or Framptons on the money

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:39

marty2086 wrote:Quiggs response to Frampton questioning his intelligence? To talk about his 'thinking brain', that's different from his other brains so either hes exceptionally gifted or Framptons on the money

What's this belfast606 ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:42

It showed great intelligence on the part of Frampton and his team to supposedly bugger up their training and weight cutting before the Gonzalez fight didn't it?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:42

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:Quiggs response to Frampton questioning his intelligence? To talk about his 'thinking brain', that's different from his other brains so either hes exceptionally gifted or Framptons on the money

Im sorry is there a restriction on who can or can't comment depending on where they are from?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:43

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It showed great intelligence on the part of Frampton and his team to supposedly bugger up their training and weight cutting before the Gonzalez fight didn't it?

Who said they were at fault?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:43

It can't be anyone elses fault or is this another excuse coming?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:44

Hold up!

I bring up nationality and I am hung for it around here, anyone else does it and its fair game. Think not.

Hammersmith? I don't know what relevance that has to the 3 questions posed in the original post?

I think you may have typed your mindless scribbling's on the wrong thread.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:46

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Im sorry is there a restriction on who can or can't comment depending on where they are from?

Yeah your right Marty, this is exactly how Nazi Germany started Truss.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:48

shenglong2015 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Just asked if it was belfast606....

sorry if you boys are sensitive..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Considering you asked the question in the first place you would seem to be the sensitive one

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:52

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Considering you asked the question in the first place you would seem to be the sensitive one

Yeah that's right people of Belfast are always being called "sensitive" ...its one of our traits!!

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:59

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

You're from Ireland then....... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 2:05

The fact it says Location: Belfast at the right hand side of the messages may have been a give away or didn't you know where Belfast is?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 2:16

marty2086 wrote:The fact it says Location:  Belfast at the right hand side of the messages may have been a give away or didn't you know where Belfast is?

Enlighten me......

You've got a dog in the race like the OP......So the chances of you being objective about Quigg or Gallagher is pretty low..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 2:21

Frampton did well not to unleash on Quigg during the gloves are off, only threw in a couple of intelligence jibes. I would have looked like a DeGale type bellwiff as I would have tore him to shreds

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 3:28

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Frampton did well not to unleash on Quigg during the gloves are off, only threw in a couple of intelligence jibes. I would have looked like a DeGale type bellwiff as I would have tore him to shreds

Do you not feel the comments were a bit classless, we all know Quigg isn't the sharpest tool, but Framps maybe shudda stuck to his in ring intelligence?

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 4:13

shenglong2015 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Frampton did well not to unleash on Quigg during the gloves are off, only threw in a couple of intelligence jibes. I would have looked like a DeGale type bellwiff as I would have tore him to shreds

Do you not feel the comments were a bit classless, we all know Quigg isn't the sharpest tool, but Framps maybe shudda stuck to his in ring intelligence?

I've heard worst things Laugh

Being fair Quigg was the one trying to get personal with old sparing stories and that. Thought Frampton kept his composure for the most it. It was blatantly obvious that Quigg was well coached with what to say before hand.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 4:37

!

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 5:20

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:The fact it says Location:  Belfast at the right hand side of the messages may have been a give away or didn't you know where Belfast is?

Enlighten me......

You've got a dog in the race like the OP......So the chances of you being objective about Quigg or Gallagher is pretty low..

Maybe read a bit of Irish history and you'll find that just because you're from the same place doesn't mean you'll be a fan of someone thumbsup

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 5:37

marty2086 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Enlighten me......

Maybe read a bit of Irish history and you'll find that just because you're from the same place doesn't mean you'll be a fan of someone thumbsup

Marty seriously mate, they don't have the IQ to have a civil debate, they can't chat without insults, ill educated opinions and it always ends with someone calling someone else racist.

Expecting this lot to understand a little bit of Irish History would be like trying to explain Pythagoras' theory to Joey Essex.

Believe me I've spent too long with this lot.

But you seem to be a breath of fresh air my lad. Cant wait until Frampton wipes that grin off Quigg!! Gonna be epic.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 20:50

Woooah calm down fella's. Though it was a good question by Sheng and race didn't need to come into it.

Yeah it's out of order bud, don't like it whenever anyone gets personal, slag off his skills, his record etc but no personal stuff. Plus I can never shake the feeling with EH that we're being sold another Campbell/Coyle scenario.

Really is a good 50/50 fight this one, Framps seems to have the better skills, Quigg the better power and engine. I'm going for a Quigg stoppage late on 9+ and if not a close points decision to Framps (can't see Quigg outboxing him). Hopefully afterwards the winner will face the Rigo/Dickens winner (whoever that may be Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 21:09

I would like to se the winner fight Rigo. The fella has been crying out for a big fight. It's no shame to lose to Rigo. They can always rebuild and nobody would accuse them of being a ducker.

Also if they were to pull of the upset? Well that would be something, wouldn't it?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 21:30

This whole race nonsense on every other thread is becoming boring now. Can we not just stick to the topic in question?

I don't think Carl meant anything by his remark, it was maybe a little ill advised but generally both have been moderately respectful of one another.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 21:47

Kareem61 wrote:This whole race nonsense on every other thread is becoming boring now. Can we not just stick to the topic in question?

I don't think Carl meant anything by his remark, it was maybe a little ill advised but generally both have been moderately respectful of one another.

Did it all not come from Quigg asking Carl why he thought he was better?

If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 21:52

Derbymanc wrote:Woooah calm down fella's. Though it was a good question by Sheng and race didn't need to come into it.

Yeah it's out of order bud, don't like it whenever anyone gets personal, slag off his skills, his record etc but no personal stuff. Plus I can never shake the feeling with EH that we're being sold another Campbell/Coyle scenario.

Really is a good 50/50 fight this one, Framps seems to have the better skills, Quigg the better power and engine. I'm going for a Quigg stoppage late on 9+ and if not a close points decision to Framps (can't see Quigg outboxing him). Hopefully afterwards the winner will face the Rigo/Dickens winner (whoever that may be Wink

Have stated before I would love to see Frampton taking on Rigo, Santa Cruz or even Mares, but I fear that the chief undercard has Gavin McDonnell on it for a reason.

If he beats Jorge Sanchez he will call out the winner from Framps-Quigg, and I fear another Anglo-Irish money spinner may be in the pipeline.....

It would disappoint me as a fan, but just cant see the winner taking on the elite any time soon (hope I'm wrong).......

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 23:00

Kareem61 wrote:

I agree. Really enjoyed the episode and even though there is respect between the two it looks like the needle between the camps is creeping in between the fighters a bit which makes it more interesting.

I actually thought Frampton won the psychological head to head here after Quigg and his team got under Frampton's skin on the press conference tour.

Quigg looked genuinely annoyed at the jibes about his lack of boxing brain and Frampton was just playing on that.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 23:03

Didn't look annoyed at all..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 23:25

I still don't think there's any need for the personal stuff and actually puts me off boxers that pull it. there's no need to mention anything unless it's about in that ring or the boxing skill.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing Mcdonnell in with one of them either but I think after all the crap either has spouted about the other not being good enough then they have to step up and face Rigo, or step up and say 'Nah he's gonna beat me all over'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 23:30

You get a guy emotional he makes mistakes...

Is the idea behind it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 17 Feb 2016 - 23:32

It works more in favour for Scott to make Frampton emotional. In my opinion the best Frampton beats the best Quigg. I guess time will tell.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 18 Feb 2016 - 0:01

Derbymanc wrote:I think after all the crap either has spouted about the other not being good enough then they have to step up and face Rigo, or step up and say 'Nah he's gonna beat me all over'

Pretty sure McGuigans have said that don't think Framptons ready to step up both before and after the Gonzalez fight. Want him to fight a few others first and become better fighter first

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 18 Feb 2016 - 0:05

I would quite like to see the winner in with Jamie McDonnell but Gavin would be of no interest. Oddly as it stands these two can't compete with Kameda and Ceja wins.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next