The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

+9
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
marty2086
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
Jermaine2015
TRUSSMAN66
Scottrf
shenglong2015
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? - Page 2 Empty Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by shenglong2015 Tue 16 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was watching the Gloves are off Frampton v Quigg, and one of the controversial points of the head to head was Frampton's attack on Quiggs intelligence, in particular the following quote:

"Your intelligence outside the ring, reflects on your intelligence inside the ring"

I have a feeling it wont be the last we hear about this.

Anyway, it got me thinking a few things:

1) Do you think Frampton crossed the line and made it personal by suggesting Quigg is a bit slow?

2) Do you think Quigg isn't the smartest tool outside the ring? And does this carry over to his Ring IQ?

3) Do you think if a fighter is intelligent outside the ring this helps when you are fighting inside the ring?

Thanks,

Sheng

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? - Page 2 Empty Re: Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:22 pm

If that's the case Marty he has no right to call himself a world nor does Quigg.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line? - Page 2 Empty Re: Scott Quigg/Intelligence/Crossed the line?

Post by Derbymanc Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:14 pm

If Bazza's saying he's not ready then he shouldn't be classed as a world champ (same for both) I hate that crap, once your a champ yuo should be willing to take on all comers (especially the best fighters in your division)

I meant Jamie too btw

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 17 Feb 2016, 2:23 pm

I thought Frampton came across as slightly arrogant but in the way the Champion should to an extent

Quigg played the ready to have a go challenger. I find these 'Gloves Are Off' shows ate starting to get a bit the same to be honest

It's just an opportunity to sell the fight

Look at Clev v Bellew 2. The show was actually better than the fight itself which was rubbish

I think The Framp v Quigg will live up to the hype though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 17 Feb 2016, 5:00 pm

Derbymanc wrote:If Bazza's saying he's not ready then he shouldn't be classed as a world champ (same for both) I hate that crap, once your a champ yuo should be willing to take on all comers (especially the best fighters in your division)

I meant Jamie too btw

Cant wait to apply this logic to Anthony Joshua.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 17 Feb 2016, 5:51 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Woooah calm down fella's. Though it was a good question by Sheng and race didn't need to come into it.

Yeah it's out of order bud, don't like it whenever anyone gets personal, slag off his skills, his record etc but no personal stuff. Plus I can never shake the feeling with EH that we're being sold another Campbell/Coyle scenario.

Really is a good 50/50 fight this one, Framps seems to have the better skills, Quigg the better power and engine. I'm going for a Quigg stoppage late on 9+ and if not a close points decision to Framps (can't see Quigg outboxing him). Hopefully afterwards the winner will face the Rigo/Dickens winner (whoever that may be Wink

Have stated before I would love to see Frampton taking on Rigo, Santa Cruz or even Mares, but I fear that the chief undercard has Gavin McDonnell on it for a reason.

If he beats Jorge Sanchez he will call out the winner from Framps-Quigg, and I fear another Anglo-Irish money spinner may be in the pipeline.....

It would disappoint me as a fan, but just cant see the winner taking on the elite any time soon (hope I'm wrong).......

Gavin McDonnell? Bit of an odd guess - Jamie maybe but there's no chance Frampton fights Gavin. If Frampton wins easily then he'll probably go after Mares or Donaire. If it's close there'll be a rematch. If Quigg wins easily then I'd back on a Jamie McDonnell fight.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 18 Feb 2016, 10:16 am

I've already said the same about AJ Sheng, He beats Martin and then we get told he's not ready to take on the top challengers. sad state of affairs

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2