The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton

+14
wheelchair1991
milkyboy
BoxingFan88
mobilemaster8
Herman Jaeger
catchweight
RanjitPatel
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
Kareem61
Hammersmith harrier
Baby faced assassin
AdamT
hazharrison
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton  - Page 2 Empty Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton

Post by hazharrison Fri 11 Mar 2016, 7:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-leo-santa-cruz-carl-frampton-showtime-boxing-20160311-story.html

Looks like California or L.A.

That's a really great fight. Can't wait!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:01 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's ok then for Alvarez to not fight GGG then I presume?

Yes because I think that's the biggest and most attractive fight available and would probably do more PPV buys than the Khan fight. The Khan fight is also a real soft touch, a guy who started as a LW and is generally seen as a small WW coming up against one of the biggest LMws I've ever seen, who is a good sized MW anyway. Big difference in my book.

Any fight Alvarez has is lucrative for him as he is the money man, I could just say that the reward isn't worth the risk for him so carry on fighting other people, exactly the same scenario.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton  - Page 2 Empty Re: Showtime unveils spring/summer boxing schedule featuring Leo Santa Cruz vs. Carl Frampton

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:04 pm

You were justifying the decision Rowley.. Something if one remembers correctly you weren't so keen on doing in the recent past..

Me.. If Frampo chases the money good luck to him..It's a tough game.

But be consistent.....Anyway let's not argue.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:07 pm

I can't see many other fights breaking 1M PPVs though. I see your point and it makes boxing seem almost paradoxical. Difference being though, Rigondeaux doesn't bring in any real money to the table. GGG does. I think if someone brings in big money, is the nearest rival, there's not many more excuses barring networks etc. The fight with GGG makes sense in this world of boxing, so it should be damned if it isn't made this year, the fight with Rigo doesn't.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:08 pm

I have not justified it, I have put forward the reasons given by Barry Mcguigan. Given he is Frampton's manager and promoter they are somewhat central to Carl's future plans. I expressed that I can see where Barry is coming from but all that means is I can read and understand things, is not the same as agreeing with them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:09 pm

Rowley rather clearly just said what McGuigans view of it was, he never gave his own personal opinion on whether it was right or wrong.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:11 pm

Alvarez is the one who brings in big money, he's making in excess of $12mil for the Khan so why would he risk that for GGG, that's right because his rival is a fan favourite the very same reason why Frampton gets away with ducking Rigondeaux and LSC's avoidance of the best in his division.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

Rowley 's tone has become more conciliatory towards cherry picking

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:12 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
catchweight wrote:Hammersmith arguing for the sake of arguing again methinks. I remember him justifying Stevenson swerving Kovalev because he was getting better paid to avoid him.

Frampton v LSC is cracking 50/50 fight with the potential to be explosive

Might want to get your facts straight before starting that crap again, I justify Stevenson ducking Kovalev because he's racist.

No no, this was before the whole racist row. Not surprised you have forgotten your own argument again though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Mar 2016, 8:39 pm

GGG is the biggest money fight, GGG is the toughest fight. So we should crack down on that fight being made as it is realistic. Rigo is not the biggest money fight, Rigo is the toughest fight, Rigo doesn't make much sense, but there is also a lot of other good options and Frampton has chosen one that is a good option, that is also a very tough fight. Canelo hasn't chosen a tough option, they are massively different scenarios. As fans if we see a fight that is feesable and should get made then we should jump up and down for it, but other fights like the Rigo fight, simply put, there's no money in it, so it isn't feesable, so most fans aren't jumping up and down for it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 15 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:GGG is the biggest money fight, GGG is the toughest fight. So we should crack down on that fight being made as it is realistic. Rigo is not the biggest money fight, Rigo is the toughest fight, Rigo doesn't make much sense, but there is also a lot of other good options and Frampton has chosen one that is a good option, that is also a very tough fight. Canelo hasn't chosen a tough option, they are massively different scenarios. As fans if we see a fight that is feesable and should get made then we should jump up and down for it, but other fights like the Rigo fight, simply put, there's no money in it, so it isn't feesable, so most fans aren't jumping up and down for it.

Most fans don't know who Rigondeaux is. This is the problem, he has proved himself to be the best in his division but now nobody wants to fight him, yet Frampton is walking around as a "champion".

The argument for money is a little bit like the argument football fans have when a player deserts a club for more money, it's a short career etc. etc.

This argument should be the argument their accountants have, not the fans.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 15 Mar 2016, 4:55 pm

huw wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:GGG is the biggest money fight, GGG is the toughest fight. So we should crack down on that fight being made as it is realistic. Rigo is not the biggest money fight, Rigo is the toughest fight, Rigo doesn't make much sense, but there is also a lot of other good options and Frampton has chosen one that is a good option, that is also a very tough fight. Canelo hasn't chosen a tough option, they are massively different scenarios. As fans if we see a fight that is feesable and should get made then we should jump up and down for it, but other fights like the Rigo fight, simply put, there's no money in it, so it isn't feesable, so most fans aren't jumping up and down for it.

Most fans don't know who Rigondeaux is. This is the problem, he has proved himself to be the best in his division but now nobody wants to fight him, yet Frampton is walking around as a "champion".

The argument for money is a little bit like the argument football fans have when a player deserts a club for more money, it's a short career etc. etc.

Rigondeaux is one of those who needs him, avoid him at all costs fighters.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2016, 5:00 pm

The bonafide world champion at the weight shouldn't really be avoided.......

People say he doesn't bring money but the fact of the matter is Frampton loses as does Quigg....

If the other champion was turd and as marketable as Rigo they'd fight him like Hatton fought Maussa...

Call it for what it is.....A duck..

If I was Frampo's manager I'd avoid him too......Always said Boxing is a business..

But let's use the same stick for everybody..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 15 Mar 2016, 5:02 pm

huw wrote:

Yes, but it's called being realistic. I would like to see Frampton Vs Rigo, but it isn't realistically ever going to happen.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 15 Mar 2016, 8:31 pm

I'd rather watch Frampo v LSC rather then Rigo against either one as i believe its a more entertaining fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2