The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWA Season 10 Homepage Chat

+13
Nay
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
Adam D
ncfc_Tooze
TwisT
Engel Harlequin
x12x
Marky
Gregers
Samo
Fernando
Crimey
17 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

WWA Season 10 Homepage Chat - Page 19 Empty WWA Season 10 Homepage Chat

Post by The_Enigma Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to Season 10 of the World Wrestling Association!

Noticeboard
Week Show #8 Voting / Feedback Due: Sunday 14th August
Weekly Show #8 Due: Wednesday 10th August
Foreign Transfer Window: Open Week's 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 & PPV#2.

Confirmed Promotions
#1 - Crimey & Adam (Slammerdale)
#2 - Nay & Olly (WIM)
#3 - Thunder (WWR)
#4 - Fernando (XPW)
#5 - Viper (XXX)
#6 - Engel & Twist (SHAT)
#7 - Tooze (MWF)
#8 - Enigma (NGPW)
#9 - Gregers (nXtreme)
#10 - Marky (WAF)

Last edited by The_Enigma on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 17 times in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

WWA Season 10 Homepage Chat - Page 19 Empty Re: WWA Season 10 Homepage Chat

Post by Crimey Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 am

We've got the show, just no matches, I don't currently have internet at home so really struggling with Adam also on holiday.

I'll do my best to get it up tomorrow, I am absolutely snowed under at work, so don't have time to write the matches.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:29 am

I will be voting/feedbacking tomorrow in hopes that shows appear unless the vote deadline has been pushed back?

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am

Crimey wrote:We've got the show, just no matches, I don't currently have internet at home so really struggling with Adam also on holiday.

I'll do my best to get it up tomorrow, I am absolutely snowed under at work, so don't have time to write the matches.

I'd say just write short matches...like most of us have this week, I'll be judging on the booking not the matches tbh.

Also this week we should all do feedback for the past 2 shows if we have time.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:04 am

Please send all votes & feedback to ENIGMA by Sunday evening please.

Network Special shows will still be going ahead as planned with the deadline set for next Sunday which will be the 17th July. No injuries, no excuses. Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to the races tomorrow.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Know it's too late but I've put up what Adam sent me, I've just not had any time at all to finish it off.

Hopefully next week's show will be fine. Getting internet at home tomorrow!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Did you remove my post from 6CW Crimey?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:57 pm

I hate to have excuses but I've been working 5/6 nights a week at the moment and I'm exhausted...I have tomorrow night off meaning I can actually relax and so I'll be voting at some point tomorrow. Sorry to become part of the problem, I'm just knackered at the moment and need to spend my days sleeping/catching up with myself.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:16 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Did you remove my post from 6CW Crimey?

Huh?

I've not removed anything.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:22 pm

Hmm... Not to worry then. I have had a couple of recent posts from their homepage disappear recently so thought I'd ask you considering you have the power to remove posts.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:33 am

I know our show was late and not complete but I did spend time and effort on it, so would appreciate any feedback on what was there!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:54 am

I'm voting tomorrow so I'll be doing feedback on it. I'm not even sure what the match ups are right now...all I know is it's XXX v WWR.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 am

Hey guys - we like viper will be submitting votes tomorrow (mine will have to be evening as I am in London at work until 6ish then travelling back)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 am

WWR Announcement

From the office of WWR Owner
Oliver Queen

RE: WWA Network Special No Mans Land

We are heading into the network special with the Battle Nexus and Legendary Elimination Chamber set for the show, I’d like to make a couple of announcement’s.

Firstly the Battle Nexus has been shrouded in mystery, the only public information being the names of those involved and that it is aimed at ending at rivalries involved. The Battle Nexus has been a dream I have had for a while, now it comes true. At No Man’s Land, the eight competitors will compete in a one night tournament, with a twist. The matches of each round will be held at the same time, in four separate rings and each round will be followed directly by the next.

As for the elimination chamber, the match itself will be held on the free for all. Participants will earn League of Legends points for each elimination and for outlasting others. Further more, due to his actions on Wreckage against John Laurinatis, Stevie Ray will be entering first with, bonus points to anyone who takes him out.

No Man’s Land

FREE FOR ALL
Elimination Chamber

Battle Nexus

Round 1
1:1 Stardust Vs Sting
1:2 Cesaro Vs Tyson Kidd
1:3 Ken Kennedy Vs ACH
1:4 Apollo Crews Vs Super Dragon

Semi Finals
Winner of 1:1 Vs Winner of 1:2
Winner of 1:3 Vs Winner 1:4

Finals
The winner takes the World title

Signed

Oliver Queen

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Ok... Slammerdale, Olly, Fernando, Tooze and anybody else I may have missed. There's only one fixture to vote on this week so where's your votes?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Whoops slipped my mind - I'll do it this eve
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Olly it's one fixture. Will take you all of 5 mins.

I did actually try to remind some of you on the 6CW chat but Chris keeps deleting my posts, even though I'm still technically a member of the 6CW roster.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:10 am

This season has drained me, I'd say personally it's been my best but the hold ups have just been laughable...next season I say we do PPV voting each week and if you miss it then you miss it.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:17 pm

WEEK 6 VOTES & FEEDBACK
Giving up chasing any more votes or feedback. I know a couple of you have stated that you will respond with further feedback on the homepage so I'm going to challenge you to break the habbit the season and actually back up your words. There's people here who consistently give feedback whilst others do the bare minimum. Your reading the shows right, how hard is it to jot down your thoughts when your reading?

XXX 3-2 WWR
All votes received. This fixture really went back and fourth but in the end you both win if your the same person right? I kid. #6CWbanter

SEX 5-0 XPW
XPW never submitted a show. In a WWA first, a promotion will pick up a win for cancelling this week's show in a segment.

MWF 5-0 WAF
WAF never submitted a show. Your welcome Tooze.

nXtreme 4-1 Slammderdale
I assume some missed on voting this fixture because Slammerdale was sooo late this week.

SHAT 0-6 NGPW
SHAT have dropped out... Shat happens I guess?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:18 pm

WEEK 6 FEEDBACK

SEX
Best thing you’ve written all season.

SEX
+Well at least there's was a show submitted, that's positive right!?
+ I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at the prospect of the Jo "Who has the biggest Cox" competition.
? How have I lost my sense of humour? I have consistently found some part of the show funny throughout the whole season

MWF
We had a beginning and an end but, no middle. What was there was great but, as we had match 1 and straight into the main event it feels like the middle was cut to make it to deadline.

MWF
Don't think it's necessary for me to comment or provide feedback considering I wrote the whole show. Don't ask long story.

MWF
+ Regal portrayed brilliantly and Corino v Regal should be good
- No recap made it hard to get back in to the show
- - Despite good matches and good build for certain things the show was a bit lacklustre, I hope the network special will pick the momentum back up

nXtreme
A good show that had fantastic booking, while I understand the reasons behind the half heartedness, it is still a shame as if effort was put in it would have been epic. The ending with Shelly enacting option c was a great segment. I’d also like to add, that isn’t it in the rules that staff can only wrestle once a season but, your having Trips wrestle twice?

nXtreme
+ Love how the majority of the storylines have been given the time to develop probably - AA vs HHH has been a pleasure
+ The Chris Sabin video package followed by the segment with Alex Shelley was main-event material!
+ Mickie James as the last remaining Empire was a surprisingly good, yet shocking twist in this storyline
+ Enjoying the build the Queen's division and how Sasha/Asuka are united despite teasing their differences
- Taking away the segments, the match card didn't really deliver.

nXtreme
+ The show built well to eXplosion with both world titles being made to look strong despite Sabin's being the real one
+/- Still hate the princesses but I guess this makes them good heels
- Too many segments which is tiring when reading a bunch of other shows

Slammerdale
+ Brilliant use of storyline to set up matches that makes sense in a weird way
+ The two 'tribes' meeting was awesome and sets up what could be a great PPV
+/- The only criticism I have is that the formatting was a bit all over the place and distracted from the show but it's a minor point

XXX
Much like most shows this week, Triple X was good but, the fatigue that has kicked in was obvious in the match writing. That being said, every segment was written well and to my surprise, I found myself kind of enjoying the BFF stuff leading me to wonder if the two teams will be come one faction, perhaps SWORD 2.0?

Xxx
+ I really like the new match format, keep it I say!
+ The continuation of wyatt vs end has me intrigued as does the overall Xxx vs lucha underground feud
- I'd like to see you bring in a full womens division soon, the likes of sexy star would be a great addition

XXX
- Some storylines feel a little cluttered with World War X a prime example. I feel it’s starting to get lost in the shuffle when I want to concentrate on the bigger storylines.
- Johnny Gargano. I honestly thought he would have been the ultimate heel this season so don't really understand why he's turned into a face or why he would be concerned for Courtney considering his issues with Candice LaRae this season.
+ Closing segment was written superbly! That's how I would want to see Bray Wyatt booked.
+ Enjoying Dave Mastiff, could potentially be match of the night stealer against Matanza

Wwr
+ I really like the ascension being treated like a big deal, I'm a big fan of theirs
+ The writing for sting is superb, some of the best character development in wwa right now
- I felt that this week had a few too many tag team matches and matches with interference, a great show though

WWR
+ Opening scene with Super Dragon adducting Apollo Crews was different.
+ Strange Bedfellow's match worked superbly to showcase the 8-man match the PPV.
- Grammar, so many unnecessary comers it becomes frustrating to read at times
- Quite repetitive with post-match beat downs
- Think the added elimination match was unnecessary and greatly dilutes the roster for the reminder of the show, I hope it’s not going to be a 2 match card.

WWR
++ The main event was great, the winner was logical but also a shock at the same time and really helped set up the tension for the network special
+/- I like Abyss in the group with Sting and The Ascension but a win would have been the better option imo
+/- Not sure if knowing little about the Battle Nexus makes it more exciting or takes away the build to it.
- Not fussed on the legends stuff so having it take up two matches in a row took away the flow of the show

NGPW
A good show with a good flow. I found that praragraph, match format was more flowing than other paragraph match formats used this week. Looking forward to the special, was a little surprised to see the King take up the challenge, it will be interesting to see where this goes.

NGPW
+ Liked the shorter matches that still fit in a lot of action
+ Joe v Neville will be a great match for the network special
+ Mundo being built nicely as the cowardly heel
+/-Cool ending to the show despite a bit of a predictable outcome to the match
- Lawler v Bully Dempsey doesn't do it for me at all

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Cheers for the feedback guys, thought I'd reply to a few things:

SWORD 2.0? Wow, the fact that someone remembers a faction I came up with in my comedy season of Prestige Worldwide is impressive but no, probably not going to happen...

Women's division? Maybe? I'd not thought about it until now but with me having Katrina, Courtney, Crazy Mary Dobson and Candice LeRae it is actually quite tempting to add a few more for the last few shows...next season for sure we will probably see more women involved, probably against the men as well though (sorry guys)

Shorter matches: These are staying, I hate writing matches and I think this week Enigma has shown that you can make them work but still make them feel huge...people will probably mark me down but screw it, I cba writing matches anymore and I feel like the match writing is why a lot of people are late, I know that's my reason normally.

Gargano face turn: This may verge on spoilers but my mission was to have Lucha Underground as the heels so I had to take both Tommy End and Gargano and turn them face by the time that Lucha Undergound and XXX faced off...I turned End by showing that he didn't want to take the easy route and had a respect for Steen...Gargano is on his way and the special will show why I wanted the fans behind him despite me agreeing that he's been a fun heel to write so far.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:24 am

To take a way from this weeks feedback, don't do the League nest year lol.

Grammer - yeah, I suck at knowing where a comma is needed so, I over compensate

2 match card - as my WWR announcement has shown, it is not but, it will be hated or loved

Legion - I got behind the Ascension back in NXT and wanted to show they are better than what WWE has done with them. Abyss I felt was a great little addition to the group for what I had planned, glad you liked the addition and I wanted to show the allegiance between the group so, felt the lose was worth it. Stings character development - thank you.

Main Event - wasn't sure I could pull it off but, seem to have done it well enough to get positive feedback on it.

Too many post match beat downs - yeah, they were planned for next week but, with a shorter season needed to work them in for the post special rivalries.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 am

Table updated
NGPW 26 +19
nXtreme 20 +17
Slammerdale 16 +5
Triple X 16 -1
WAF 12 - 7
XPW 11 +1
WWR 10 -1
MWF 9 -5
SEX 5 -3

Show is up, hate it or love it, it exists

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Triple X Wrestling Civil War is up...

The matches are short but honestly I cannot be bothered with match writing anymore and hopefully the booking makes up for the lack of matches...I've added big moments but as this season has dragged on it's made me realise that the matches just feel like too much effort.

This being said, I hope everyone enjoys the show and I can already tell what the negative points are going to be haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:41 pm

As of this writing every member of the WAF Roster will now be made instantly available to purchase in the Foreign Transfer Window.

OP has been updated. Network Show voting / feedback is due this coming Thursday but they may change depending on what shows are posted. The Week 7 shows are due next Wednesday and injuries will be drawn later this evening.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Do we have any bonuses?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:15 pm

From the network special? Not just yet as we are still a fair few shows missing...

Week 6 - Everybody just add £7.5 Million. Can't bothered to chase up who was late with what at the moment.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:24 am

Questions, questions, questions...

1. Can votes be in tomorrow as I stupidly waited for later shows to go up...is this now a 4 team league?

2. With WAF being available and only three shows left can foreigns be open for the next 4/5 days?

3. Injuries for the next show OR could we just say no injuries for the rest of the season as a way to say well done for sticking with this season despite the set backs?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:55 am

Answers / WWA Update

1. Considering I've received absolutely no votes as of this writing, I'm expecting all voting / feedback by Sunday evening. Any longer and I will have to delay putting them together.

2. Foreign Transfer's have been open all week. I kind of suggested that when I said the WAF roster would be available as soon as the Network Show deadline ended. Viper your bids are legit, Fernando was only messing about. I also realise there's no longer a week 9 so it will only be closed during Week 7 (After Sunday)

3. May as well. No injuries for the remainder of the season. One less job for me!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:33 am

Well, if their open, im off to bid

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 pm

After the longest weekend of my life which included a night shift Friday and staying out till 6 in the morning on Saturday by body failed me and I slept all day and night yesterday...voting/feedback now...I've never been so happy about no shows Laugh

Give me a few hours and I'll have it with Enigma.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Got votes & feedback from Viper, Gregers & Thunder. Just need to tidy my notes up slightly but will be posting all results and feedback this evening.

Very much doubt it but will anybody else be voting? Fernado, Slammerdale, Olly? If I don't hear anything by this evening I'm assuming none of you are.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:51 am

I've get the feeling that nobody will be ready to submit shows by this Wednesday, which is the deadline for Week Show#7? Can extend it until Sunday if you all need and agree to it.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:46 am

I'll be able to do either so it's up to the other guys if they want an extension. Just checking but is all that's left now Show 7/Show 8 and then the Final PPV?

I've got a bunch of planning to fit in all the stuff I want to include.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:44 am

I can be finished by Wednesday but, if anyone else wants an extension I'll take it.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:21 am

NETWORK SPECIAL RESULTS & FEEDBACK
On a personal note, I just want to say nobody should take anything personal here. Every single one of these shows were exceptionally high quality and would have scored so much higher had we still had the full league of 10. As always, I calculate the results in reverse order so results are as followed. Congratulation to Gregers on swooping first place.

1st Place - nXtreme  - 4 Points:

2nd Place - NGPW  - 3 Points:

3rd Place - XXX - 2 Points:

4th Place - WWR - 1 Points:

nXtreme FEEDBACK
+ Overall, a very enjoyable read. Whole show sailed by with every match-up having good history and exactly what I expect from a Network show.
+ Hall of Fame induction turned into the perfect segment to ignite Lita vs Trish one final time.
+ Nice twist on the Empire/Kingdom match. 6-Person tag seems like the most obvious choice
+ Battle Royal, is rare but was nice to see so many different rivalies get time inside the match
- Slight nitpicking here but the match structures are very similar and most of offence just seemed like kicks.

nXtreme
Fantastic show from the opening until the close. Highlights for me were the Empire getting another one over Bennett, it will make Bennett getting the win all that much more awesome. Another highlight was the double main event, honestly didn’t expect Aries to get away with the title and the Shelly/Sabin went down exactly as expected, setting up for a sequel?

Nxtreme
+++ Sabin...easily my favourite character in WWA and this show just cemented that, I have a hint at what's next and if End Of It All is the end and this is the main event...it will be hard to top.
++ The first main event was great, it was hyped up even more but the segment just before showing how big Aries was to the show
++ Lita v Trish III feels like it might have been set up to be the biggest match in the history of the company which shows how good the writing really is
+ Nice use of the battle royal to crown a big name as nXt Factor Champion but also to carry on feuds
+ A shock win for the Vaudevillains for the tag contendership
+/- Not sure about the Bennett v Mickie match, I would have prefered to see an actual match as I've really enjoyed the Empire this season
- A few too many segments but they seem to be shorter than previous weeks and this compared to the quality of the show is just a minor point
- No real recap which may have helped cut down on segments

WWR FEEDBACK
- Elimination Chamber on the pre-show? Seems like Thunder bottled it from last week's feedback. Would have made a
different distraction from the one-night tournement to break things up slightly.
+ Having 4 simultaneous match-ups is very different indeed so chudoes to Thunder
+ Enjoyed the return of Hideo Itam. Rare to see a somebody deliberately leave a wrestlers of weekly shows to better an angle/
- The formatting was largely distracting with the colours used. I originally missed Hero's 4 Hire brawling with the Asencsion so had to re-read and I'm sure Hideo Itam would have caused distraction throughout every match if they were running at the same time?
- Use of segments would have also helped break-up each round of matches.
- Ending was very odd. Not sure if I'm missing the bigger picture here but a distrubance halted the whole tournement? Cesaro turning heel seems like a ploy to try and deliver a shock ending. I would have liked a clear, if not clean winner after the whole show focused on the tournement.

WWR
+ I loved the idea of the show, the idea of several matches going on at once was in particular a great concept that I hadn't come across before
+ Super Dragon vs Cesaro was a great main event for a network special
+ The themeing of the network special made it seem very very different to a PPV, I like it!
- The colours in the first match! You hurt my eyes!

WWR
+ It was cool to see certain names come back and also see cetain names knocked out of the tournament early
++/- So the idea of the Battle Nexus is awesome, the four rings is a really cool image in my head but sadly due to the formatting I had a hard time reading parts in certain colours
+/- An elimination Chamber is always cool to see but the competitors were not and as an opener it just didn't work for me personally
+/- - Cesaro turning heel was cool but the issue for me personally is the writing of Super Dragon this season, Super Dragon doesn't speak, he's always the heel or at most twener and despite the image of the collapsed stand being cool it's not in the character of Super Dragon to help.

XXX FEEDBACK
+ Aztect Survial was explained very easily brought a very crazy, superb match-up. Pentagon JR pinning Tommy End then the tease followed by the Gargano sot which just be my favourite this season.
+ Wish Dave Mastiff vs Matanza was given much more time... Even the pre-match segment built up each character as a monster
+ Excellent Match Card, just a shame the Match quality let the show some of the more promising matches I was looking to read.
? Think there was a missed opportunity with Kevin Steen. Was expecting more of a tease on which side he would have joined. Personally, I would have booked him to join one team then cost his team the match-up by turning again.
- 6CW, kind of a double standard when everything WWA related get's removed.

XXX
+ The main event! Just all of it, it was so well done!
+ Gargano turning face just to then get written off, you tease you! It was so well written and played out beautifully
+ I loved the whole XXX vs LU angle, a great way to theme a network special!
+ Bray Wyatt, in a world of "indie darlings" I really like how you've positioned him
- ECIII losing to le Rae, not because its intergender as I've enjoyed her storyline a lot but because its ECIII!
- 6CW advertising...

XXX
Good showing even with the short paragraph matches. I see you made your call to go with SWORD 2.0, will be interesting to see where you take it. I enjoyed the main event, it could have gone either way with Steen and enjoyed both reveals of Wyatt joining XXX and then Steens.

NGPW
+ You have started to win me around to Callihan, although definitely the right decision that Ambrose went over
+ Becky Lynch vs Sara del Rey lived up to the billing, what a match!
+ The Revival, that is all. I love them so much so its great to see them win the titles
+ BRITISH EMBASSY! BRITISH EMBASSY! NGPW better watch out!
+ Cole taking out the Bucks as well as Bálor
- Is there anything? One of the best shows EVER in WWA history
- If you actually want a negative then Grudge has a D in it and it is Ambrose not Amrbose... okay i'm nitpicking!

NGPW
Enjoyed the show, the hardcore match was by far my favourite match. The womens title match was great and surprised me that Kong appeared at the end, I thought she was done with the title picture.

NGPW
+++ The Internal Struggles vignette really caught my attention but I have NO IDEA what it's to do with!
++ The main event was great and it got me hyped for the rest of the season
+ The show started on a high with a huge opening match that suited both men perfectly
+ Massive moment for Sara Del Rey after a brilliant match
+ The recap got us back in to the action nicely
+/- I hate the Revival in real life but I look forward to seeing them as champions, I think
- - Jerry Lawler v Bull Dempsey – no interest at all for me personally and although Bull looked strong the fact it wasn't just a full squash match may have harded him

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 pm

- The chamber was always planned for the free for all, it was hinted at in the show
- The battle nexus, I knew it would work or it wouldn't, wanted to give the feeling of the action going between each ring
- The ending, I know Dragon doesn't talk and is always the heel, the idea behind the ending was breaking kayfabe
- No segments, probably should have
- Quick question, if I hadn't added the colour to help distinguish the different matches, would breaking them up in quotes have worked alone?

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:48 pm

I think it was the colour picked that harmed...the blues and greens were super hard to read. I liked the idea of the match type...it was just hard work when you had to really squint to read what was going on.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:42 am

I'm going to take up the extension for once and extend the deadline until this Sunday.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 am

nXtreme up, matches to be added before Sunday

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:13 am

Sorry folks been out all day so, not been able to finish the last few matches. Will post up tomorrow and accept any punishments heading my way.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:53 pm

No excuses...I slept all weekend to catch up with myself instead of writing my show...it's up now so enjoy (hopefully). No recap this week, mainly because I feel like even though there's three shows left including this one after the PPV it feels like a new start.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:08 am

Seeing as all shows I'm expecting have now been posted... Anything else will just be a bonus, can you please send all votes & feedback to me by this Wednesday please.

Viper - I know I personally asked for a bit of help, but considering there's only 4 of us left there really isn't much point but I'm very keen to get you on board next season.

#InternalStugglesIsComing

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:45 am

That's fine man, let me know in the future if you need any help...I've loved this season creatively...hated it for delays...cannot actually wait for it to be done with to get a break.

Shame really.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:07 am

Guys, night shifts have messed me up and I've slept the last two days...I have tomorrow off so I'll be getting all my votes over to you then...sorry for yet another hold up but my brain/body needed a reset.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am

With the season all burnt out, while I'm happy to finish the season out as currently planned, I do offer up another option. How about one last show that is designed to round off the season and the storylines that is set out like a recap of sorts?

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:19 pm

No, I'd say finish it with the final two shows. I need a weekly show then a ppv to finish off nXtreme

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Sorry for the hold up this week guys, no real excuse apart from being tired...my votes went in yesterday.

I want to finish off the last two shows properly (short matches of course)

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:29 pm

That's cool with me, just thought it may have been an idea.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:31 am

WEEK 7 RESULTS & FEEDBACK
Apologies for the slight delay, I did receive feedback and votes in small drips and I'm rarely about on here at the weekends but have received everything I was expecting so without further hold up, here are this week's results and feedback. As always, voting is calculated in reserve order...

Week 8 recap shows are due this coming Wednesday. If you need an extension, now is the time to say so! I've already sent one or two out but just to keep everybody in the loop, I've decided I'm going to PM a few of the promotions from the season and see if they are open to posting a final PPV show to round off their seasons, mainly incase they are thinking of coming back in any future seasons. Could be a waste of time but worth a shot.

1st Place: NGPW - 4 Points (PPV Scoring 1, 2, 1 = 4 Points)
2nd Place: WWR - 3 Points (PPV Scoring 2, 1, 2 = 5 Points)
3rd Place: XXX - 2 Points (PPV Scoring 2, 1, 3 = 6 Points)
4th Place: nXtreme - 1 Point (PPV Scoring - 3, 3, 3 = 9 Points)

nXtreme
I'm sorry and I know there's only four of us left but, with no details in the matches you got the short end of the stick.

nXtreme FEEDBACK
- Lack of match action, even just with a simple sentence highlighting the finish really didn't connect with the post-match segments.
- Maybe personal preference but after the Trish vs Lita III was announced, it would have been nice to see something to advance the match someway, think they were only briefly mentioned once throughout the show.
+/- Love the build up to Sabin vs Aries but didn't really think Aries was ever really put to the test facing Frankie Kazarian even though the history between them was explained.
+ Ric Flair becoming General Manager teases nXtreme heading into a new direction beyond this season and Triple H being
rewarded the Legends Title will restore some heritage and finally introduces the JBL/HHH showdown.
+ New Age Outlaws vs Vaudevillains is a match I'm really looking forward to seeing!

NXTREME
++ Aries/Sabin being teased is exciting and feels like it could be the perfect End Of It All main event. The Sabin segment with the Shelley mask and the list of people he's killed off was amazing. Favourite character!
+ Loving the Kliq style take over, a really smart way of taking HHH away from the world title scene while giving him a reward
+ Hair v Mask could be fun and adds a light side to the show
+/- The women's division is so strong which is a plus but due to the enormity of Trish v Lita the title feels like a second place medal at this point
- Too many long segments once again but the shorter matches helped a little

NGPW
Great show with some great match ups, once again you've shown that paragraphed matches can work really well.

NGPW -
+I really liked your new match writing style, the story of the match bit in particular is a great addition
+ The second video package for obvious reasons!
+ The implosion of the British Embassy
+ As usual the whole show has so much quality, very hard to say anything I would put as a negative
- Bull Dempsey, I just don't care about him as much as I should do. However I am interested to see where his storyline is going

NGPW
+++ I have no idea what Internal Struggles is but wow I want it now
++ An upset but realistic win to start the show...amazing, a HUGE second match to follow it up as well.
+ Bull Dempsey is growing on me
+ The Junior Heavyweight title closing the show in a big match was a cool moment and loved the Rey moment.
+/- I still hate the Revival and don't really hold any excitement for them BUT the match allowed heel Neville to go even further and set up a HUGE match for the PPV. I also love the Briscoes attack on them
- I would have liked to see a win in the triple threat match but I like that it made Awesome Kong look strong in defeat.

WWR FEEDBACK
+ Great use of the short paragraphs to help get over matches. More than enough to get over the key points.
+ Enjoyed Hideo Itami as a character all season so REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ambulance match.
- Main Event. Sorry, I just found Cesaro trash talking a young boy very strange, not really convinced on his heel turn without any valid reasons.

WWR -
+ Loved how every match had a subtitle, made every match feel like a big deal!
+ The uso's looking like splitting, as we haven't seen Jimmy vs Jey before it seams like an important match
+ I like what you're doing with Sting, as someone who has never been a fan of his you've presented him in a way I can get behind
+ Damian Stardow, HAHAHA!
- The Ambulance match, only because I pity you having to write one!

WWR
++ Genuinly laughed out loud at Damien Stardow
+ ACH is written so well and I hope to see him become a world champion in the company at some point in the future
+ The singles titles are being managed really well with some great champions and feuds for them, they don't feel left out as they did a bit earlier in the season
+/- While Cesaro v Dragon is going to be cool and has been built well, Dragon carrying a kid with broken legs was a little on the nose for me. Did he bring him all the way from where they were last week just to make a point?
- The roster just isn't for me which can make it a little hard to invest at times. Sting/Cody Rhodes has been built well but Shark Boy/Shane Helms and The Ascension being added really brings it down for me. The same with American Wolves v Road Warriors where I would have prefered WGTT v The Wolves

XXX
Great show as well, the only reason I knocked you to second is 'cause while I am warming to the paragraph match format, one or two sentences doesn't do you or your talent justice.

XXX FEEDBACK
+ Always a fan of tournaments but love the added stipulation of Tommy End having to defend his title to qualify.
+ Tommy End. Enjoyed the opening and closing segments of the show, he's become such a vocal character and his history with Bray Wyatt adds unpredictability
+ The New Cult, great way to introduce Pastor William Eaver, a role he would easily for fill.
+ Kings of Strong Style were starting to get a little stale, so firstly it's good to see them moving in a new direction and it makes a nice change of pace to see Kenny Omega as the heel.
- Lucha Underground. After a whole network show built around it, it didn't make much sence that the fans would just accept
the likes of Los Guereros Del Cielo or Prince Puma which kinda of feels like storylines are going 100mph.

Triple X -
+ Tommy End having the qualify to even be in his title defense, I like the favoritism shown to Steen
+ I like the New Cult, a great selection of people together as well
+ The Bullet Club are coming...
- ...Not sure you have long enough to build them up especially if they lose on the PPV...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Can we get an update on the table please Thunder?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next