The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016

5 posters

Go down

Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016 Empty Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Mar 2016, 12:38 am

Hi guys, these are some of my favourite prospects, that probably aren't that well known just yet, in my extremely unexpert opinion will all be forces to be reckoned with at some point in the near future.
The real hype trains haven't quite started for these guys just yet, so I thought that I'd bring them to your attention if you haven't seen these guys just yet.

Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin 14 - 0 10Ko's

Lubin was signed for Iron Mike Promotions but the company folded and is now an Al Haymon fighter, coming through the PBC.
He was USA's best chance for a gold medal at the 2016 Olympic team, but decided to turn professional, instead.
Southpaw, decent punching power, can fight going forwards or backwards, tremendous hand speed and coordination, this kid is almost certainly going to make a splash.
Pretty sure he's just turned 20, so he is extremely young, with lots of time to improve and has actually picked much tougher opponents for his first few fights than most top prospects end up facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U2Kp6HjM6I

Caleb "Sweet Hands" Plant 12 - 0 9Ko's

This guy is the definition of slick, he also is very aware of this, too. Sometimes attempts to be a bit too tricky, but has that look about him that when its time to really fight, he'll sit down on his punches and fight.
Extremely talented, you can tell he was a huge fan of Roy Jones Jr as his style is a little esque of his, but not quite.
He likes to put on a bit of a show and whilst not quite mock his opponents, makes it clear he is superior. Of course not fought anyone of any real note just yet, don't think he's a particularly huge puncher, but seems to hit respectably hard.
Lot of American guys are calling Plant a "complete fighter", I don't like giving someone that title until it looks earned, but no doubt he will be a major player in the middleweight division. Also an Al Haymon fighter.
Think you'll agree, he looks like he'll be an awkward customer for many Middleweights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqA54IgVEKQ

Izu Ugonoh - 15 - 0 12Ko's

Lot of noise about Joseph Parker over in New Zealand, but this guy is apparently one of his main sparring partners and some are split over who is actually the better prospect, overall.
From Poland, but his last few fights have been in New Zealand, 6"5 with an 84" reach and a physique that is a little Joshua-like. Seems to carry power in both hands, possesses very good speed and what I really like about him is his head movement.
Always seems to be changing angles and is very happy to take his time and box his way in carefully, unlike a lot of the more recent Heavys like Wilder, his punches and movements are pretty short and crisp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMM8jnEHzkg

Oleksandr Usyk 9 - 0 9Ko's

Although now 29 years of age and needing to get a bit of a move on Usyk is an extremely accomplished amateur winning 335 of 350 winning a gold medal at the 2012 Olympics.
He is mandatory for Glowacki (WBO Champion) within 9 fights because his opposition has been extremely credible to say he is only 9 fights in and taking all 9 out.
His speed and movement is genuinely frightening for a guy this size, southpaw, 6"3 and looks massive for a cruiserweight I expect him to be the number one Cruiserweight very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzsZC33vXxo

Robert Easter Jr 16 - 0 13Ko's

Robert Easter is just going to be "One of those" by that I mean, a guy that no one will want to face at all.
Why? Because this guy has real knockout power, with silky moves and, oh, he's 5"11 with a 76" reach (Khan is seen as a long Welterweight and has a 72") and a lightweight!
He's tall and he fights tall, has a pretty laser like jab and even though he is tall and skinny, he looks relatively sturdy, but of course we'll maybe have to wait a little while until all that is truly tested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWf8rVHWG9w

What you guys think? I think all of them look extremely talented, you guys got any that aren't particularly well known yet?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016 Empty Re: Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016

Post by quentins_monkey Wed 16 Mar 2016, 9:52 am

Nice one for pulling this together Alex - hadn't heard of any of them so always good to learn about up and coming fighters...

Really like the look of Easter Jr - ridiculous height and reach for a lightweight so will be interesting to see how he fares against better opponents.

Smile

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016 Empty Re: Top Prospects You May Not Have Heard Of Yet For 2016

Post by spencerclarke Wed 16 Mar 2016, 12:29 pm

Great thread Alex. Will watch a few fights of these guys.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

Thanks, Robert Easter Jr is fighting Algenis Mendez on April 1st, that's a big step up as Mendez's last victory was over former World Champion Miguel Vasquez and anyone who beats him must be good. Boxrec have Mendez rated as number 4 lightweight overall after that victory, so perhaps Easter will no longer be a prospect and a contender after that fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:42 pm

Hinata Maruta (2-0, 1)
Japanese teenager who debuted against Jason Canoy (who stopped Drian Francisco inside a round). He's expected to fight for a WBC Youth title in Summer. Who's sparred with a who's who.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Mar 2016, 3:53 pm

People have never heard of Usyk! Shocked

Funnily enough he's fighting Scottish Cruiser Stephen Simmons next, not sure what belt if any is on the line but kudos for Stephen takings this fight. Especially in Kiev

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down