The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League News

+4
The Beast
George Hotel1895
aucklandlaurie
Luke
8 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Rugby League News - Page 3 Empty Rugby League News

Post by Luke Fri 22 Apr 2016 - 12:53

First topic message reminder :

The dates and venues of the 4 nation's have been announced. They are -

Fri 28th Oct - Scotland v Australia - Craven park Hull.

Sun 30th Oct - England v New Zealand - John Smiths stadium Huddersfield.

Sat 5th Nov - England v Scotland & Australia v New Zealand - Ricoh Arena Coventry.

Fri 11th Nov - Scotland v New Zealand - Derwent Park Workington.

Sun 13th Nov - England v Australia - Olympic Park London.

Sun 20th Nov - final at Anfield Liverpool.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Rugby League News - Page 3 Empty Re: Rugby League News

Post by Luke Mon 25 Sep 2017 - 17:08

Congratulations to Hunslet who won the league 1 shield, and Hunslet Club Parkside who won the amateur challenge cup.

Next week will see the League 1shield final between Tolouse and Sheffield. And the league 1 promotion final between Whitehaven and Barrow. Which is great for RL in Cumbria, and neutral fans like me who believe that a strong RL needs a strong Cumbria as much as other areas. It's a nightmare for championship clubs with regards money.

And also see's the NRL grand final. Which looks like it should be a fantastic game between the Melbourne Storm and the North Queensland Cowboys.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 28 Sep 2017 - 15:27

Marwin Koukash has said that he's standing down as Salford chairman, and handing the club over to there community trust.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 29 Sep 2017 - 18:46

Congratulations to Castleford qualifying for their first SL Grand Final. Lucky enough to have gone out, watched a superb game v St. Helens who were excellent albeit will be kicking themselves with missed kicks and the last minute penalty allowing Cas to level.

Luke Gale, wow, 16 days after his appendix removed, a try, 5 goals and the winning drop goal.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 17:31

And it's Leigh who are relegated.

After Catalans win 26 - 10, at Leigh to secure the SL status. Leigh badly imploded in the 2nd half, and Catalans greatly improved. Justin Horo was outstanding in my opinion. 

Well done to Catalans, commiserations to Leigh.having been there last year I know how there fans are feeling. 

And what a championship we have for 2018 Leigh, Tolouse  & Toronto. Joining  Featherstone, Halifax, London Broncos. With Sheffield & Batley hoping to return to not to distant glories.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 19:47

Luke wrote:And it's Leigh who are relegated.

After Catalans win 26 - 10, at Leigh to secure the SL status. Leigh badly imploded in the 2nd half, and Catalans greatly improved. Justin Horo was outstanding in my opinion. 

Well done to Catalans, commiserations to Leigh.having been there last year I know how there fans are feeling. 

And what a championship we have for 2018 Leigh, Tolouse  & Toronto. Joining  Featherstone, Halifax, London Broncos. With Sheffield & Batley hoping to return to not to distant glories.

Agreed, far too much many ball handling errors and penalties and yes Horo was excellent big loss for them great news for Wakefield. Derek Beaumont's interview was top class under the circumstances.

Championship will be very strong, shame Sky who have the rights only show the Summer Bash and middle 8's.

Speaking of Sheffield they lost at Toulouse in the shield today (Congratulations to Toulouse), Ben Blackmore left his "other" job in order to play and Mark Mexico struggled to obtain a Visa. This imo demonstrating some of the issues if there is a middle 8's competition next year with potentially 2 french teams & Toronto involved, I see changes being announced before next season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 30 Sep 2017 - 23:07

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:And it's Leigh who are relegated.

Agreed, far too much many ball handling errors and penalties and yes Horo was excellent big loss for them great news for Wakefield. Derek Beaumont's interview was top class under the circumstances.

Championship will be very strong, shame Sky who have the rights only show the Summer Bash and middle 8's.  

Speaking of Sheffield they lost at Toulouse in the shield today (Congratulations to Toulouse), Ben Blackmore left his "other" job in order to play and Mark Mexico struggled to obtain a Visa.  This imo demonstrating some of the issues if there is a middle 8's competition next year with potentially 2 french teams & Toronto involved, I see changes being announced before next season.

Sheffield & Rochdale already had issues with flights in the shield company. And you have to feel for Sheffield and there fans as this was there 3rd trip to Tolouse this season.
And I seem to remember clubs having visa issues with Toronto at the start off the season.

Given that other than 2/3 clubs are part time. It's going to be really interesting to see how they and the rfl deal with these issues. They won't be any changes next year (especially as Catalans have stayed up). But I expect there will be in 2019, and unfortunately that will probably be the return to licencing and the addition of expansion clubslot to SL. Because it obviously worked so well last time, you know with 2 clubs going into administration. And what happened to Celtic Crusaders, oh that's right they went the same way as Paris, and disbanded. At least we got 2 clubs from it.

Well done Tolouse anyway.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 18:46

Congratulations to Barrow Raiders, beating Whitehaven 10 - 6 today and winning a place back in the Championship in 2018.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 18:47

To no surprise Luke Gale is awarded the Steve Prescott Man of Steel, thoroughly deserved well played.

Cas had more success, Daryl Powell Coach of the Year and they are club of the year.

Young Player of the Year went to Oliver Gildart (Wigan)

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 4:40

[quote="The Beast"]To no surprise Luke Gale is awarded the Steve Prescott Man of Steel, thoroughly deserved well played.

Cas had more success, Daryl Powell Coach of the Year and they are club of the year.

Young Player of the Year went to Oliver Gildart (Wigan)[/quote
In my opinion he been the most consistent player in Super League this season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 21:15

Castleford leave Zak Hardaker out of Saturday's Grand Final due to a "breach of club rules".

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41486736

Very strong, frankly brave decision it would have easy to leave it until next week. Sorry to be bias nothing against Leeds but I do hope they win.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 20:49

Congratulations to Leeds Rhinos 2017 SL Champions. Difficult conditions but IMO a disappointing game but Leeds the better side comfortably. Huge credit to Brian McDermott, the stick he taken over the last year, proved a lot of people wrong.

Castleford........I feel for them they've had a fantastic year but you just cannot make that many basic errors and expect to win any game let alone a Final. As mentioned it was very wet and on a soccer pitch but it was noticeable that when Leeds did made errors Cas simply handed the ball back time and time again.

Congratulations to Bradford Bulls Ladies team winning the first SL Ladies title, finishing the season with this, the Challenge Cup and a 100% record.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 9 Oct 2017 - 20:35

The Beast wrote:Castleford leave Zak Hardaker out of Saturday's Grand Final due to a "breach of club rules".

Code:

Very strong, frankly brave decision it would have easy to leave it until next week. Sorry to be bias nothing against Leeds but I do hope they win.

Turns out he was partial to a bit of coke up his nose and now gunna miss the world cup too.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 10:16

Fernando wrote:
The Beast wrote:Castleford leave Zak Hardaker out of Saturday's Grand Final due to a "breach of club rules".

Code:

Turns out he was partial to a bit of coke up his nose and now gunna miss the world cup too.
He's probably looking a a 2 year ban at least and he's finished with Rugby League i would say now. Not just because of this but his past history as well.
Will probably end up playing union for sale.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 12 Oct 2017 - 0:57

The Beast wrote:Congratulations to Leeds Rhinos 2017 SL Champions.  Difficult conditions but IMO a disappointing game but Leeds the better side comfortably.  Huge credit to Brian McDermott, the stick he taken over the last year, proved a lot of people wrong.

Castleford........I feel for them they've had a fantastic year but you just cannot make that many basic errors and expect to win any game let alone a Final.  As mentioned it was very wet and on a soccer pitch but it was noticeable that when Leeds did made errors Cas simply handed the ball back time and time again.

Congratulations to Bradford Bulls Ladies team winning the first SL Ladies title, finishing the season with this, the Challenge Cup and a 100% record.

Agree it wasn't the game we were hoping for. And also that leeds were excellent  (McGuire I thought just owed class). 
Other than the errors,  I thought they should have kicked the penalties, especially the one in front of the postrich with the score 0-0.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 14 Oct 2017 - 15:12

South Wales Ironmen are to be rebranded again! They will now be known as the West Wales Raiders and play there home games out of Llanelli.
Interestingly enough there's ano amateur club already based there and will be joining them (they're called the same name).

So hopefully won't be posting the same post about them moving, rebrands etc next year as have done for the last 3.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 0:23

New York have handed in there proposals to join in 2019.

They will play at New York Red Bulls ground in Jersey. 

They will receive no central funding, and will pay for there opponents travel and put them up. 
They want to start in the championship.

I'm trying really hard to be up for this, but I just can't.  I have  no problem with expansion, but aren't we just taking it a step to far now.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 18 Oct 2017 - 3:43

[quote="Luke"]New York have handed in there proposals to join in 2019.

They will receive no central funding, and will pay for there opponents travel and put them up. 

I'm trying really hard to be up for this, but I just can't.  I have  no problem with expansion, but aren't we just taking it a step to far now.[/quote
Only time will tell and some loops to jump through before they can get into National league 1. Very early days

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 15:03

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:New York have handed in there proposals to join in 2019.

I'm trying really hard to be up for this, but I just can't.  I have  no problem with expansion, but aren't we just taking it a step to far now.[/quote
Only time will tell and some loops to jump through before they can get into National league 1. Very early days
It's not league 1 there looking to join but the championship. And to be honest the way the rfl is at the moment (especially regards expansion teams), it's hard to see them getting turned down.

If this was to boast there league, get RL more professional over there, and get more people playing the sport. Then I'm behind it.
But I think that this is not going to do those things, and just be about a name, and a team from the US.  And little else.

Expect to hear that in another few months another Canadian team as well (rumoured to be Hamilton).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 5:38

Luke wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:New York have handed in there proposals to join in 2019.

It's not league 1 there looking to join but the championship. And to be honest the way the rfl is at the moment (especially regards expansion teams), it's hard to see them getting turned down.

If this was to boast there league, get RL more professional over there, and get more people playing the sport. Then I'm behind it.
But I think that this is not going to do those things, and just be about a name, and a team from the US.  And little else.

Expect to hear that in another few months another Canadian team as well (rumoured to be Hamilton).
Possibly might help to get some Anglo-American companies with some sponsorship.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Oct 2017 - 14:34

I don't mind perhaps as much as you two BUT as has been mentioned what happens to the traditional heartland clubs when SL has Toronto, New York, Catalans, Toulouse and possibly one other overseas team?

Nothing to worry about I am sure as Ralph Rimmer said at the recent Bulls fans forum they are a professional organisation (should be on their salaries) and of course they will have thought this through properly............

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:07

The above scenario raises a couple of questions about the new league structure talks.
As we know RL is not awash with money.  So will SL chairmen want a league were not only is there very little to play for (if they return to licencing), but we're 4/5 teams will be bringing little to no fans?

And how will it effect fans of other clubs, who may save there money for the expansion away games, meaning they might not go to local away games.
And will it effect numbers going to certain away gamessage I. Each are you going to go to Catalans,  or Tolouse or Toronto etc. As most fans can't afford to go to all 4.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 24 Oct 2017 - 1:22

I predict a return to a 14 team Super League and a return to licensing.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 16:29

Luke wrote:It is believed that Gloucestershire and Oxford are about to merge (with a possible move to Bristol), as both are struggling financially and in getting players. A shame if it does happen, but not really a surprise.

Does make you wonder, if we do return to franchising  (which I really am against ). With Catalan, Tolouse, Toronto, Bristol and where the other rumoured franchises could be starting up (Dublin,  Montreal etc). Just how big is SL actually going to be? How many teams are going to be in it? And which of the traditional clubs are going to be missing out?

This has now happened. Both sides have withdrawn from the league, and Bristol will start in 2019.

Next year league 1 will be 14 clubs playing each other home and away.
Chances of London Skolars v Bradford being the Friday before wembley, and Newcastle v Bradford being the Friday before magic weekend will be high in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 27 Oct 2017 - 1:05

Luke wrote:
Luke wrote:It is believed that Gloucestershire and Oxford are about to merge (with a possible move to Bristol), as both are struggling financially and in getting players. A shame if it does happen, but not really a surprise.

Does make you wonder, if we do return to franchising  (which I really am against ). With Catalan, Tolouse, Toronto, Bristol and where the other rumoured franchises could be starting up (Dublin,  Montreal etc). Just how big is SL actually going to be? How many teams are going to be in it? And which of the traditional clubs are going to be missing out?

This has now happened. Both sides have withdrawn from the league, and Bristol will start in 2019.

Next year league 1 will be 14 clubs playing each other home and away.
Chances of London Skolars v Bradford being the Friday before wembley, and Newcastle v Bradford being the Friday before magic weekend will be high in my opinion.
Is a shame, but on a positive note we will have a Rugby League side called Bristol

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 30 Oct 2017 - 17:43

The summer bash fixtures  (again in Blackpool), have been announced (fixture list out next week I think). 

Sat 26th May

3pm - Barrow v Sheffield.
5.15 pm - Halifax  v Featherstone.
7.30pm - Toronto v Leigh. 

Sun 27th May

1pm - Tolouse v London. 
3.15pm - Rochdale v Swinton.
5.30pm - Batley v Dewsbury.

Not sure as there's no ipro cup why Saturday is kicking off that late.

Also congratulations to Thatto Heath on winning the Barla grand  final.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 31 Oct 2017 - 14:50

Luke wrote:The summer bash fixtures  (again in Blackpool), have been announced (fixture list out next week I think). 

Sat 26th May

Sun 27th May

1pm - Tolouse v London. 

On day 1 the game not to miss is Toronto v Leigh.
Day 2 game not to miss is Toulouse v London.
Overall there is going to be some cracking games

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 7:40

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:The summer bash fixtures  (again in Blackpool), have been announced (fixture list out next week I think). 

Sat 26th May

Sun 27th May

1pm - Tolouse v London. 

On day 1 the game not to miss is Toronto v Leigh.
Day 2 game not to miss is Toulouse v London.
Overall there is going to be some cracking games

Saturday looks most attractive, Sunday won't be difficult to obtain tickets or pick your seat, they will do well to attract more than 2k.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 2 Nov 2017 - 14:01

They did the same last year, Saturday had the good crowd fixtures. Sunday was poor. Don't see why bothey the Halifax/Featherstone and Toronto/Leigh games are on the same day.

Speaking off Toronto, good to see the RFL have given them a helping hand with the fixture list. Playing all there 11 away games at the start, all there 11 home games at the end. Why can't they do it month by month.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 6 Nov 2017 - 12:37

London have appointed a new coach in Danny Ward. Who has been at the club since 20008. First as a player than in the coaching system.
It's good to see someone who's done the service get promoted to the top job. Good luck to him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 15 Nov 2017 - 10:19

Update from the rumour thread.

Bradford Bulls confirm Geoff Toovey will not return to the club in 2018.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 1:37

The Beast wrote:Update from the rumour thread.

Bradford Bulls confirm Geoff Toovey will not return to the club in 2018.
I would guess that will save them some money on the wage bill as he wouldn't have come cheap

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 20 Nov 2017 - 21:22

Beast,
Don't know if you've seen today's RL paper, the league 1 fixtures have been announced. 

York away first on the 18th Feb.  I was right that you' get Newcastle on the fri before magic weekend. 
Don't get why on good Friday you've got oldham home, when you're in the same division as Keighley.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 17:15

Luke wrote:Beast,
Don't know if you've seen today's RL paper, the league 1 fixtures have been announced. 

York away first on the 18th Feb.  I was right that you' get Newcastle on the fri before magic weekend. 
Don't get why on good Friday you've got oldham home, when you're in the same division as Keighley.

Thanks Luke, yes. I was looking for your comment regarding the Newcastle game being in line with the Magic weekend which was genius on your part.

Not sure about the Easter weekend, some talk of Keighley not wanting the game that weekend but that makes no sense to me, perhaps the actual algorithm did push it out randomly.

Couple of Saturday games which suits me and I am south of Leicester so Coventry is easy, looking forward to it.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 2:22

Harrison Hansen signs new contract at Leigh
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/42098739

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 24 Nov 2017 - 20:43

Rangi Chase is given a 2 year ban from playing following a failed drug test. Sadly I cannot see a way back for him, hopefully he can overcome any issues that might be causing these issues.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 25 Nov 2017 - 1:53

The Beast wrote:Rangi Chase is given a 2 year ban from playing following a failed drug test.  Sadly I cannot see a way back for him, hopefully he can overcome any issues that might be causing these issues.
A wasted talent in my view. Could have achieved a lot more in the game.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 3:14

Cameron Smith won the golden boot award (this year' best player in the world).

Fully deserved as he is an outstanding player. And what a year he' had, nfl GF Winners,  WC Winners.  And also broke a few records. One of RL's all time greats.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 3 Dec 2017 - 7:46

New signings for Widnes and the Red Devils.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/42197829

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/42194542

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 19:19

Bradford Bulls

Appoint John Kear as Head Coach on a three year contract starting immediately. Very pleased with this news, pretty well the perfect man for the job.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 12 Dec 2017 - 23:22

Toronto will play Toulouse in the 1st game of the coming seasons magic weekend. 

Because there's no hidden agenda there at all !

Worse,

Toulouse will not participate in the 2018 challenge cup. Why?

You can' let clubs pick and choose what compition they want to be in.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Dec 2017 - 15:44

Merry Christmas and a good new year. To the people on this thread, hope you and your families have a good time.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 19:38

Rochdale Hornets are the latest club to have financial difficulties asking players and staff to take pay cuts during 2018. Hopefully this will either work or better still they can find additional revenue streams.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 11 Jan 2018 - 3:23

The Beast wrote:Rochdale Hornets are the latest club to have financial difficulties asking players and staff to take pay cuts during 2018.  Hopefully this will either work or better still they can find additional revenue streams.
We hope so.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 18:58

Toronto Wolfpack;

Release Ryan Bailey, FuiFui MoiMoi and Dave Taylor following an alleged incident during a pre-season training camp in Portugal

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toronto-sack-forward-trio/

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 20:56

Bradford Bulls

Great news as the employment tribunal against the club has been resolved pre-tribunal. Huge relief hopefully the club can now get on with attempting to be promoted back to the Championship and start to properly re-build, feels like day one.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 2:34

The Beast wrote:Toronto Wolfpack;

Release Ryan Bailey, FuiFui MoiMoi and Dave Taylor following an alleged incident during a pre-season training camp in Portugal

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toronto-sack-forward-trio/
Bailey wont be missed and Moi Moi is past his sell by date.
Taylor appears to have issues

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 2:36

The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls

Great news as the employment tribunal against the club has been resolved pre-tribunal.  Huge relief hopefully the club can now get on with attempting to be promoted back to the Championship and start to properly re-build, feels like day one.
Hopefully the club can get back on track and get back into Super League in time without any money issues

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 22 Jan 2018 - 20:04

Bradford Bulls

Announce that they will dual reg with Toronto Wolfpack and confirm that they have been approved to field a reserve team in 2018.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 3:34

The Beast wrote:Bradford Bulls

Announce that they will dual reg with Toronto Wolfpack and confirm that they have been approved to field a reserve team in 2018.  
More good news for the Bradford Bulls fans and Rugby League.
British Rugby League does need a strong and viable Bradford Bulls on and off the field.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 4 Feb 2018 - 4:02

Gene Ormsby leaves the giants
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/42925315

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down