The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby League News

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Rugby League News - Page 6 Empty Rugby League News

Post by Luke on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

The dates and venues of the 4 nation's have been announced. They are -

Fri 28th Oct - Scotland v Australia - Craven park Hull.

Sun 30th Oct - England v New Zealand - John Smiths stadium Huddersfield.

Sat 5th Nov - England v Scotland & Australia v New Zealand - Ricoh Arena Coventry.

Fri 11th Nov - Scotland v New Zealand - Derwent Park Workington.

Sun 13th Nov - England v Australia - Olympic Park London.

Sun 20th Nov - final at Anfield Liverpool.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Rugby League News - Page 6 Empty Re: Rugby League News

Post by The Beast on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Tim Sheens is announced as new Head coach at Widnes. Bit of a surprise?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:46 am

The Beast wrote:Tim Sheens is announced as new Head coach at Widnes.  Bit of a surprise?

It is, more because of the measures the clubs in like being pt etc. The club itself is a big club in the sport and a name so that's less of a suprise.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:33 pm

Ryan Carr leaves his posts as Featherstone Head Coach and Assistant at Leeds to return to Australia. Reports suggest James Webster who recently left Hull KR will take on the Featherstone role.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 pm

The Beast wrote:Jackson Hastings wins this years Steve Prescott, Man of Steel award.  Can't argue with that, perhaps Blake Austin but for me Friday's win at Wigan would be the clincher.
Well earned in my opinion

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Next season Championship & League 1 will adopt the Golden Point rule. HOWEVER in the event scores are level after 80 minutes, both teams will get 1 competition point and the overtime winner receive a 2nd. Not wild about this but better than the SL winner takes all version.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am

The Beast wrote:Next season Championship & League 1 will adopt the Golden Point rule.  HOWEVER in the event scores are level after 80 minutes, both teams will get 1 competition point and the overtime winner receive a 2nd.  Not wild about this but better than the SL winner takes all version.
Not sure about this, but time will tell.
Lets give it a try and see how it pans out

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Reports suggest a press conference will be held tomorrow (3rd Feb) to announce that Shaun Wane will be named as England coach.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:33 pm

Shaun Wane now confirmed as England Coach. Personally I think a good appointment, not being racist but England/GB really should have an English/GB coach and I cannot see after the NZ tour nightmare how Bennett could continue.

Incredibly tough start, Australia at the end of the season, World Cup next year. Good luck to Shaun nonetheless, hopefully he can lead the team to some significant improvement from last year.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:53 pm

The Beast wrote:Shaun Wane now confirmed as England Coach.  Personally I think a good appointment, not being racist but England/GB really should have an English/GB coach and I cannot see after the NZ tour nightmare how Bennett could continue.

Incredibly tough start, Australia at the end of the season, World Cup next year.  Good luck to Shaun nonetheless, hopefully he can lead the team to some significant improvement from last year.
Probably wont be much exciting Rugby with Shaun at the helm, but he will make us very hard to beat and as long as we beat the Aussies i don't mind

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:18 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Shaun Wane now confirmed as England Coach.  Personally I think a good appointment, not being racist but England/GB really should have an English/GB coach and I cannot see after the NZ tour nightmare how Bennett could continue.

Incredibly tough start, Australia at the end of the season, World Cup next year.  Good luck to Shaun nonetheless, hopefully he can lead the team to some significant improvement from last year.
Probably wont be much exciting Rugby with Shaun at the helm, but he will make us very hard to beat and as long as we beat the Aussies i don't mind

Perhaps not no but it can't be much worse that the style served up in the GB tour which for me was not just that they lost but numbingly dull.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:15 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Perhaps not no but it can't be much worse that the style served up in the GB tour which for me was not just that they lost but numbingly dull.
Agreed and for me its all about beating the Aussies

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Wigan pair go to the TWP on a months loan
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51646377

Joe Greenwood goes on loan to Leeds
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/51627904

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:51 am

Lee Radford is sacked/let go from Hull FC after last night's latest defeat.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:37 pm

Luke wrote:Lee Radford is sacked/let go from Hull FC after last night's latest defeat.

Having seen the game, it was an horrendous performance from Hull who were perhaps fortunate that Warrington were not great particularly for the first 50 minutes otherwise it could have been 70.

I understand the decision to let Radford go and perhaps it is the right decision however the manner of the announcement 10 minutes after the final whistle Live on TV was IMO crass.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Possibly the least surprising news for some time SL & RFL games are suspended until 3rd April.

To my mind a return on 3rd April sounds.........ambitious unless games are played behind closed doors.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:44 am

The Beast wrote:Possibly the least surprising news for some time SL & RFL games are suspended until 3rd April.  

To my mind a return on 3rd April sounds.........ambitious unless games are played behind closed doors.

Someone I was talking to on the train, spoke to a couple of high ups in Rovers. And they were saying it could be a minimum of 2 months. With the season then going to 22 games losing the loop fixtures.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:26 am

Luke wrote:
The Beast wrote:Possibly the least surprising news for some time SL & RFL games are suspended until 3rd April.  

Someone I was talking to on the train, spoke to a couple of high ups in Rovers. And they were saying it could be a minimum of 2 months. With the season then going to 22 games losing the loop fixtures.
Some clubs will fold without any gate receipts for 2 months unless players defer their wages or take a pay cut.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon May 25, 2020 10:20 am

Reports that SL are looking to re-start the season in Mid-August behind closed doors with a view to limited attendance from 1st October. Plans being drawn to play the Grand Final on 28th Nov, 12 Dec or mid January 2021. I would have thought the latter two in particular would make it tricky in relation to player contracts that to the best of my knowledge often run to 30 Nov.

No word on Championship/League 1 who have been in discussions but not much released.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:03 pm

The Beast wrote:Reports that SL are looking to re-start the season in Mid-August behind closed doors with a view to limited attendance from 1st October.  Plans being drawn to play the Grand Final on 28th Nov, 12 Dec or mid January 2021.  I would have thought the latter two in particular would make it tricky in relation to player contracts that to the best of my knowledge often run to 30 Nov.

No word on Championship/League 1 who have been in discussions but not much released.
Still looking like Mid August, and providing everything is fine i would hope so

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Announcement made that there will be no relegation from SL in 2020.

Championship and League 1 teams will not complete their respective seasons, there will however be a separate competition with a prize of £250k on offer. Who will enter that is as yet unclear as several clubs have indicating that they simply cannot afford to play behind closed doors.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:10 am

Expected unfortunately.

Though I do like the idea of a separate competition across both divisions. I can't see it happening, as you say the need for crowds especially lower down will impact, plus the lack of anything to really play for.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 pm

SL announce that Toronto will need to "re-negotiate" a deal to re-join SL in 2021. This must put more doubt into their participation in the UK Leagues.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Yesterday at 5:58 am

Up to 6 Hull FC players have tested positive for Covid 19.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Yesterday at 6:04 am

Luke wrote:Up to 6 Hull FC players have tested positive for Covid 19.

sorry, it's 6 players and two coaches tested positive after Sundays game. Salford (who played Hull), are waiting for the results of there tests. As I would imagine alot of other teams given that they are only using one stadium.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum