The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet?

+14
whocares
kingraf
hampo17
Josiah Maiestas
Haddie-nuff
socal1976
Danny_1982
sirfredperry
barrystar
banbrotam
Mad for Chelsea
bogbrush
temporary21
CaledonianCraig
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet? - Page 5 Empty French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet?

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 31 May 2016, 10:04

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/22713811
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet? - Page 5 Empty Re: French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet?

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 01 Jun 2016, 06:43

The clouds must have a silver lining surely.
Think whoever wins this in spite of all the delays, beating the opposition and the weather Gods,
when all the odds are against them.. in spite of the poor tournament organisation.. they emerge victorious.. said fans will be able to milk this victory for months to come. Rolling Eyes

Us Rafa fans would have given anything just for him to have been there to take his chances along with everyone else.. so consider yourselves lucky... fate will play its hand whoever the winner

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet? - Page 5 Empty Re: French Open Day 10: Agut-full of the Rain. Will Richard blow a Gasquet?

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed 01 Jun 2016, 07:04

I would think Rafa with his wrist injury was fortunate not to endure such agony. It would do his wrist with even more harm playing with the heavy balls in such damp conditions.

I just hope his wrist will be fine for the Olympics and the USO.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 01 Jun 2016, 07:07

I was of course thinking of a fully fit Rafa in these circumstances.. not an injured Rafa

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:09

Born Slippy wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Forget should resign he is a disgrace, and buffoon covering for this disaster slam

Whilst agreeing Novak has been unfortunate, what could have been done to avoid this issue?
I know the French federation seeing a century of this crap happen could actually shows it cares about the result, and instead start the tournament on the Friday before. I mean if Iw can play 5 or six matches over two weeks surely after a century of experience it doesn't take a world class intellect instead forcing one side or the other to play four days in a row basically ruining their chance against a fitter opponent maybe schedule the tourney of or sixteen. In America we call that flexibility is there even a French word for flexibility because it seems as alien to their federation as a sunstroke would be to an Eskimo. No lights, Poopie schedule, no roof, and an arrogant rigidity. With brainless and heartless Eurocrats like this no wonder so many people are for EU exit. And forget who actually knows this did nothing to make changes.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:15

picard

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:28

Ask yourselves how I foresaw this disaster a week earlier. Are you telling the French federation was unaware it rains a lot in Paris in the spring? This not some unpredictable event, so I have zero, zero sympathy for Guy "did you" Forget your brains or something? And now to cover his and the federations backside he is running around and saying there is nothing we could have done, what a faking Eurocrat they should appoint him the head of ECB

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:38

Frankly the only thing I'm left asking myself is how much blood there is left in that dead horse you keep thrashing. Try taking the matter up with him because nobody here as I can tell has any answers to your questions. !!!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 01 Jun 2016, 09:49

Out of the last nine French Opens Novak has played on day three four times. Where is the conspiracy in that I wonder? Rafael Nadal has been on Day Three start three times as has Murray in all that time as far as I can tell looking back through the archives. Hardly, conspiracy theory.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:11

CaledonianCraig wrote:Out of the last nine French Opens Novak has played on day three four times. Where is the conspiracy in that I wonder? Rafael Nadal has been on Day Three start three times as has Murray in all that time as far as I can tell looking back through the archives. Hardly, conspiracy theory.

Craig who is talking about conspiracy we are talking about stupidity, arrogance, and poor management. Stupidity kills in the real world. Have you heard me say its a conspiracy? I mean stupidity kills in the real world, thankfully these idiots in the ITF only have to organize a tennis tournament god forbid if these oblivious halfwits had to make decisions of life or death.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:19

So like someone asked earlier - what else could have been done to avoid the backlog we have now? That is, after all, what we have and is affecting everyone - not just Novak.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:21

I just told you Craig start the tournament earlier then the other slams, and have the women start their first round after the men afterall they only have to play three sets for their fat, unwarranted paydays.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:39

socal1976 wrote:Ask yourselves how I foresaw this disaster a week earlier. Are you telling the French federation was unaware it rains a lot in Paris in the spring? This not some unpredictable event, so I have zero, zero sympathy for Guy "did you" Forget your brains or something? And now to cover his and the federations backside he is running around and saying there is nothing we could have done, what a faking Eurocrat they should appoint him the head of ECB

I know am losing my time trying to "educate" someone who has little interest in facts but rather enjoys nurturing some sort of bizarre paranoia... anyway :
It has rained 172 mm in May 2016 over Paris : that is the most it has ever rained in may since they started taking measurements back in 1873. this is also the 2nd highest month (all months included) after July 2001. There has been several serious flooding incidents in northern France which are not part of normal spring nor raining 4 days in a row in Paris is. I lived 7 years in London and I do not recall experiencing such Poopie weather before. Doesn't excuse the fact that RG has no court with a roof though.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:01

whocares wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Ask yourselves how I foresaw this disaster a week earlier. Are you telling the French federation was unaware it rains a lot in Paris in the spring? This not some unpredictable event, so I have zero, zero sympathy for Guy "did you" Forget your brains or something? And now to cover his and the federations backside he is running around and saying there is nothing we could have done, what a faking Eurocrat they should appoint him the head of ECB

I know am losing my time trying to "educate" someone who has little interest in facts but rather enjoys nurturing some sort of bizarre paranoia... anyway :
It has rained 172 mm in May 2016 over Paris : that is the most it has ever rained in may since they started taking measurements back in 1873. this is also the 2nd highest month (all months included) after July 2001. There has been several serious flooding incidents in northern France which are not part of normal spring nor raining 4 days in a row in Paris is. I lived 7 years in London and I do not recall experiencing such Poopie weather before. Doesn't excuse the fact that RG has no court with a roof though.

Virtually, every FO has these issues and almost always one guys is getting to the final having to play multiple days while the other guys is well rested and has a big edge. Happened last year to. I did a thread one week before predicting this disaster, why could the federation not predict it. And tell me Mr. factual what would be the harm of starting the slam two days earlier when everyone has been off at least a week before the tournament sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Stupid people always throw up their hands when their idiocy blows up in everyone's face and says this couldn't of been predicted. The George Bush Jr. Katrina defense won't work, that is what management is all about planning for unforeseen contingencies. No a person with a sub-90 iq like the French federation couldn't predict it. I did a post a week before outlining this exact scenario. How come someone from California is aware of the French weather impact on this event and Guy did you Forget your brains isn't?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:05

Your not listening socal.

The rain that has hit Paris in the last week or so are of record-breaking proportions. Couple that with the fact that there are no roofs on any of the RG courts and even if you had Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings doing the schefuling we would be roughly where we are.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:11

CaledonianCraig wrote:Your not listening socal.

The rain that has hit Paris in the last week or so are of record-breaking proportions. Couple that with the fact that there are no roofs on any of the RG courts and even if you had Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawkings doing the schefuling we would be roughly where we are.

Ok so thanks Craig, I must be smarter than Einstein and Hawking according to you because I predicted this scenario a week before the early rounds. Wow, an outdoor, time sensitive event, where delays can impact the fairness of the result has no idea about maybe providing a bigger total window and start all the men first. I am sure it would be so difficult to come up with this analysis ranks right up there with Einstein's theories of relativity. Being in Prague the starting place of the 30 years war and being a student of history makes me hope that the French federation decision makers are defenestrated for this, there must be some buildings tall enough in Paris for my wish to come true.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:15

lydian wrote:Surely not...Mods?
I would like to hope you are right.

Can anyone confirm whether it is true that bogbrush was banned?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:16

No Eintein-esque level of smartness required to look at a weather forecast and make a prediction. I could have forecast a QF for Murray - doesn't make me super smart.

The pure fact of the matter is that more than two maybe three days of the tournament has been lost to rain. Nobody can do anything about that. That and having no covered courts mean certain fixture backlog - no two ways about it. It is unavoidable.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:40

just as an aside... assuming you start all the men first and have the women 1st round on different days, how do you think it will impact ticket sales and TV ratings? would the WTA be happy? answers are a bit obvious.
however having the tournament started on Saturday and keeping Monday/Tuesday of the last week "off" just in case could be a short term fix before having some covered court in place. the flip side is that this comes with an extra cost.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jun 2016, 11:55

summerblues wrote:
lydian wrote:Surely not...Mods?
I would like to hope you are right.

Can anyone confirm whether it is true that bogbrush was banned?

I can. Please can we ensure a witch hunt doesn't ensue. It's for 24 hours and I am sure he will grace this place with his presence. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5