The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschko vs Fury in doubt

+12
owen10ozzy
Mr Tom
Guest82
irishbrads
BoxingFan88
Rowley
TopHat24/7
Atila
AdamT
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
Pedro147
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Klitschko vs Fury in doubt - Page 2 Empty Klitschko vs Fury in doubt

Post by Pedro147 Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

https://twitter.com/Klitschko/status/765813044031135744/video/1

The above video shows Wlad telling us that he's instructed his legal team to take action against Fury as he's claiming that Fury and his team are trying the change the terms of the contract.

Anybody know what it could be about?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Klitschko vs Fury in doubt - Page 2 Empty Re: Klitschko vs Fury in doubt

Post by hazharrison Thu 18 Aug 2016, 12:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:There are some top notch boxing dudes I have a lot of respect for who will tell you imaginary rankings are pure baloney and I can see that.

They will be pleased.. Rolling Eyes

Do you not have anything better to do than troll about on forums? Rhetorical question, I know.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 1:28 pm

Calm down.....Throw away remark...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sun 21 Aug 2016, 9:27 pm

Rowley wrote:As someone who has tickets for the fight I have zero confidence in the fight going ahead on 29th October. Boxing treats its fans with absolute contempt. Firstly the rescheduled date was announced without the 29th being officially agreed with both parties and now this. I am lucky I ensured I booked a hotel where I could get a full cancellation so the only financial loss is a tenner for the surcharge fee on that. Others will not be so fortunate, some will lose hotel bookings, will have booked time off work, booked trains and so on.

Even allowing for that I am not a wealthy man by any stretch. To afford to go here and have half way decent tickets I have sacrificed other things, gigs, other fights, football matches, as has my wife.  Fighters and promoters might think this BS soap opera will they won't they drivel is an amusing diversion, in lieu of actual fighting, when it costs fans money and the chances to do other things it very much isn't.

i planned my stag for the original date against my gut feeling that the fight would happen, the fight was 'postponed' less than 2 weeks out due to Furys ankle injury which also by pure coincidence occurred on the same day he was banned for steroids in his system, from ticket prices to the allegations of steroids, ankle injuries even though he was on the drink less than a few days later in France and now the October date in jeopardy its a feckin shambles, for me unless its a matchhroom show i won't be buying tickets.

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 27 Aug 2016, 11:24 am

irishbrads wrote:
Rowley wrote:As someone who has tickets for the fight I have zero confidence in the fight going ahead on 29th October. Boxing treats its fans with absolute contempt. Firstly the rescheduled date was announced without the 29th being officially agreed with both parties and now this. I am lucky I ensured I booked a hotel where I could get a full cancellation so the only financial loss is a tenner for the surcharge fee on that. Others will not be so fortunate, some will lose hotel bookings, will have booked time off work, booked trains and so on.

Even allowing for that I am not a wealthy man by any stretch. To afford to go here and have half way decent tickets I have sacrificed other things, gigs, other fights, football matches, as has my wife.  Fighters and promoters might think this BS soap opera will they won't they drivel is an amusing diversion, in lieu of actual fighting, when it costs fans money and the chances to do other things it very much isn't.

i planned my stag for the original date against my gut feeling that the fight would happen, the fight was 'postponed' less than 2 weeks out due to Furys ankle injury which also by pure coincidence occurred on the same day he was banned for steroids in his system, from ticket prices to the allegations of steroids, ankle injuries even though he was on the drink less than a few days later in France and now the October date in jeopardy its a feckin shambles, for me unless its a matchhroom show i won't be buying tickets.

I sent my tickets back a couple of days ago. Sick of having to miss out on other stuff for a fight that may or may not happen. Could accept the first time, cancellations happen, but on the back of announcing a new date that wasn't agreed and now the whole thing going back into court I'm not prepared to plan the next couple of months of my social life around this nonsense, particularly as there still seems a decent possibility the rug may still get pulled from under me. Absolutely shambolic and amateurish from start to finish.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Sun 28 Aug 2016, 12:55 pm

I sent my tickets back a couple of days ago. Sick of having to miss out on other stuff for a fight that may or may not happen. Could accept the first time, cancellations happen, but on the back of announcing a new date that wasn't agreed and now the whole thing going back into court I'm not prepared to plan the next couple of months of my social life around this nonsense, particularly as there still seems a decent possibility the rug may still get pulled from under me. Absolutely shambolic and amateurish from start to finish. [/quote]

completely agree mate, i got my refund for 6 tickets minus the 60 quid booking fee for 6 tickets which irks me, whole thing is a shambles, i rang hennessy sports the day before tickets went on sale and mick himself answered the phones ffs, i got chattin to him and asked him what the ticket prices would be and he didn' even know, he said they were still finalising the prices, less that 24hours before they went on sale!!!

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 28 Aug 2016, 1:38 pm

Man the fight didn't sell that we'll to begin with now people are selling their tickets back

Gonna be like 200 people there

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:38 am

Must be gutting for people shelling out their money for this fiasco then you get announcements like this from Eddie Hearn re a proposed HW triple Header for November tentatively booked for Cardiff

'We are talking maybe about David Price v Joseph Parker, Dillian Whyte v Dereck Chisora and then Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev all bundled into one - it could be a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:47 am

Decent couple of fights..........Stick the Whyte and Chisora stinker on first and get it out of the way....

For some reason Chisora v Whyte is being billed as a tasty fight by people that should know better.....

Two useless lumps..............One has got spanked by everybody and anybody and one managed to land one decent shot in an 8 round leathering....

Price v Parker should be fun though.......Joshua is Joshua...You're paying if you want to....To see the best fighter in boxing if we disregard weight limits..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2016, 11:59 am

Think Whyte is going to milk his fight with Joshua for all it's worth even though his comeback fight was utterly abject and can't see him beating Chisora as decisively as say Haye did (which is perhaps the only way, Whyte will get himself noticed again).

Would like to see what Price has got left whilst bursting the Parker bubble in the process but don't believe he's really changed in any significant way. Would like to think he has the height and reach to keep this clown off him all night and land that over hand right at will.

Pulev is a big lump and if Joshua gets him out of there it will be impressive but again, apart from his size, there's nothing to suggest Pulev is ever going to set the HW world alight so I can't see what it does for Joshua's resume to have beaten another punchbag.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 12:27 pm

Price v Chisora
Parker v Whyte....

Would be more interesting.....Certainly harder to predict those two..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2016, 2:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Price v Chisora
Parker v Whyte....

Would be more interesting.....Certainly harder to predict those two..
To be honest, those sound like stinkers as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Decent couple of fights..........Stick the Whyte and Chisora stinker on first and get it out of the way....

For some reason Chisora v Whyte is being billed as a tasty fight by people that should know better.....

Two useless lumps..............One has got spanked by everybody and anybody and one managed to land one decent shot in an 8 round leathering....

Price v Parker should be fun though.......Joshua is Joshua...You're paying if you want to....To see the best fighter in boxing if we disregard weight limits..

Think Whyte is lining himself up as the next Chisora. Gatekeeper with a reasonable chin.

At least Whyte seems willing to fight anyone, I like his attitude.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Guest82 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Decent couple of fights..........Stick the Whyte and Chisora stinker on first and get it out of the way....

Think Whyte is lining himself up as the next Chisora.  Gatekeeper with a reasonable chin.

At least Whyte seems willing to fight anyone, I like his attitude.
As I said a while back, just what the world needs, another Dereck Chisora!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Aug 2016, 3:51 pm

Fury has held the crown ten months...If he can manage to avoid being stripped without fighting for another ten...He'll be a Top 50 heavy on longevity alone.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2016, 4:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fury has held the crown ten months...If he can manage to avoid being stripped without fighting for another ten...He'll be a Top 50 heavy on longevity alone.
Surely it's dependent on how KO Magazine rate him though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Tom Sat 03 Sep 2016, 12:50 pm

Is it still going ahead as it stands at the moment?

Mr Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 03 Sep 2016, 1:26 pm

Fury is talking as if it but still not confirmed officially I believe. But of a farce really.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Sep 2016, 2:02 pm

Peter Fury seemed pretty concrete about it over the weekend on Twitter. Venue now booked for Oct 29th.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 05 Sep 2016, 2:42 pm

Top hat - double check that conversation...could well of been talking about a venue for the court case rather than the fight Wink

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 05 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

Hahaha

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Wed 07 Sep 2016, 9:45 am

Confirmation of 29 October on BBC website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37295464

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 11:12 am

Never in doubt.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 07 Sep 2016, 11:43 am

Massive incentive here for Wlad if he could avenge this loss and then go on to beat Joshua he could be remembered as a decent champion and surely then you couldn't begrudge his fame and fortune which would be deserved.

Before the Fury loss Wlad was finding his way into top twenty lists even the edges of top fifteen now people seem to have re-evaluated and seen that as too generous.

To me he dominated a weak era ejoying home advantage and tampered with the canvas to slow up his opponents but it's a big chance to prove his critics wrong.

Sadly though I don't think he's got it in him can't see what he can do differently was comprehensively outboxed his lack of talent and ability to turn round a lost cause seemingly exposed.

Been a reasonable champion though always turned up in shape showed dedication had a bit of longevity towered over most heavies

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 07 Sep 2016, 12:20 pm

I still don't think top twenty is too generous Herman. It sounds quite a lofty position, but despite the attention lavished on it heavyweight is not always that stacked a division. If you look at some of the lists kicking about, for instance the IBRO their 16 - 20 reads as follows:

16. Jersey Joe Walcott
17.Ezzard Charles
18.Harry Wills
19.James J. Corbett
20.Bob Fitzsimmons

Personally don't think it is too much of a stretch to argue Wlad deserves a place in front of at least one or two of those guys.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 12:25 pm

He only needs to change one thing to beat Fury.

Easy.

Except it's the one thing I don't think he can change - mentality.

Just don't think he has it in him. Peter & the team did as much to win that fight as Tyson. Stripped away all K's psych advantages and his old fragility was exposed (brought back memories of comments he'd made about being a boxer but wishing he was a fighter like his brother). Wlad got an oppo who wasn't smaller than him, wasn't scared of him, didn't fall into any of his usual traps (hand wraps, spongey ring etc).

You can't train for fear same as you can't build muscle on a chin. Unless Wlad suddenly decides he can stomach a tear up (as I don't think Fury's power is that remarkable, certainly no Sanders) then Fury could take this one again.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 12:32 pm

Rowley wrote:I still don't think top twenty is too generous Herman. It sounds quite a lofty position, but despite the attention lavished on it heavyweight is not always that stacked a division. If you look at some of the lists kicking about, for instance the IBRO their 16 - 20 reads as follows:

16. Jersey Joe Walcott
17.Ezzard Charles
18.Harry Wills
19.James J. Corbett
20.Bob Fitzsimmons

Personally don't think it is too much of a stretch to argue Wlad deserves a place in front of at least one or two of those guys.

He's Top 20 alone through default/longevity..

Sad thing is as soon as he fought a bigger guy he lost his bollox..

Shame Fury wasn't around earlier to stop him polluting the lists.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 07 Sep 2016, 12:33 pm

Get your point Jeff head to head he can beat some of those people you'd guess just with his size and after top fifteen in the heavy division there isn't an awful lot left.

I think if Wlad can put two decent names on the end of his career then on top of what he's already achieved he could find a place comfortably in a top twenty. Could then say not his fault the division was so weak beat everything put in front of him and made David Haye look as ordinary as anybody was able to.

Fury prime though and Joshua soon to reach it maybe Wlad getting on at 40 the more I think of it two wins like that at this stage would be some accomplishment by Wlad

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 07 Sep 2016, 1:10 pm

Herman Jaeger wrote:Get your point Jeff head to head he can beat some of those people you'd guess just with his size and after top fifteen in the heavy division there isn't an awful lot left.

I think if Wlad can put two decent names on the end of his career then on top of what he's already achieved he could find a place comfortably in a top twenty. Could then say not his fault the division was so weak beat everything put in front of him and made David Haye look as ordinary as anybody was able to.

Fury prime though and Joshua soon to reach it maybe Wlad getting on at 40 the more I think of it two wins like that at this stage would be some accomplishment by Wlad
It's funny/sad... but as soon as you look at historical rankings.. you realise that the heavyweight division is generally a pile of Poopie
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 07 Sep 2016, 2:54 pm

Really looking forward to this one, glad we finally got a date Smile

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Sep 2016, 2:57 pm

Nice to see finally got a date for the fight.

It's been an expert trolling job by Team Fury, Literally pulling out the tricks to p*ss off Wlad much like the opposite when took ages for Wlad to actually fight Tyson Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 08 Sep 2016, 8:17 am

Fernando wrote:Nice to see finally got a date for the fight.

It's been an expert trolling job by Team Fury, Literally pulling out the tricks to p*ss off Wlad much like the opposite when took ages for Wlad to actually fight Tyson Laugh

Pretty good point although I don't think the injury was fake

They really are excellent at mind games when it comes to boxing, everything is done for a reason

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2016, 9:25 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Really looking forward to this one, glad we finally got a date Smile

I'm not looking forward to it and I'm gonna give it a miss me thinks.. ......

1. I believe it will stink...

2. This time I'm not pulling for anybody......Wanted Fury to win the first one but his "Traveller persecution complex" and general behaviour has worn thin way quicker than I expected..... and I don't want Wlad to win because I think he is bad for the sport........Know there are plenty who like Fury and his antics and fairplay....

Couldn't give two craps about the fight.....Joshua beats both on the same night.......Hopefully he creams the winner soon.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Sep 2016, 10:02 am

Probably will beat the record of least punches thrown.

AJ does crush these guys. I have changed my opinion on him vs Fury.

Wouldn't last 6 rounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 08 Sep 2016, 11:43 am

AJ = WK + spite.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 08 Sep 2016, 12:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:AJ = WK + spite.

Dangerous combo.

For a time I thought AJ wasn't ready. He is! I think he would beat Every Heavy out there, probably by stoppage as well.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2