The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'New' Belt situation.

2 posters

Go down

The 'New' Belt situation. Empty The 'New' Belt situation.

Post by Samo Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:47 pm

With the debut of the much reviled Universal Championship at Summerslam and the reveal of the SmackDown Tag Team and Womens championships we now have 4 belts of the same design, and two tag titles of the same design.

Where do you guys land on this? I like the colours of the SmackDown belts, but I still think its just laziness to not make them different.

I've seen the argument that its like the UFC in that by making them the same it says they're equal in value. I get it but that doesnt swim for me. WWE isnt a 'legitimate' sport, and the only thing that creates value for a title is how its booked, not just being the top prize of that division.

I like having SmackDown having seperate championships. They've 7 women and 6 legit tag teams so it gives the roster a bit of legitimacy that doesnt involve Champions jumping shows which devalues the split in my opinion, i just dont like the idea of all the belts looking the same. More could have been done than a pallet swap to make these belts feel different.

What do you guys think? How do you feel about these titles sharing designs?

Samo

Back to top Go down

The 'New' Belt situation. Empty Re: The 'New' Belt situation.

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm

The title designs bother me in absolutely no way.

I dont think the talent pool is deep enough in tag or women for either to have separate belts for brands. Think Becky Lynch has been dealt a poor hand especially. And it will probably mean a lot more "forced" pairings in the tags

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 24 Aug 2016, 7:36 pm

I actually think that while RAW has the better overall women, SmackDown has a bigger pool which means more diversity.

With Banks on the shelf and Paige suspended RAW only has 4 active women, one of them is Alicia Fox whos been seen about once since Mania and another is Dana Brooke. SmackDown has 7 with the return of Nikki Bella.

Smackdown also has a more competitive tag division. AA, The Usos, Ascension, Breezeango, Hype Bros and the Vaudevillians. Some are obviously better than others but I reckon they could all have a good match with another team. RAW has The Club, New Day, Enzo & Cass, Shining Stars and Golden Truth. I would tank all of SmackDowns teams above the latter two.

Regarding Becky Lynch, I dont think she's been dealt a bum hand at all. She's being given the chance to be the big dog on a show, whereas she would be overshadowed by Charlotte and Sasha on RAW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Aug 2016, 7:57 pm

She's given the hand of no fantastic wrestlers, or the names that are getting the buzz.

Sasha and Paige are back within weeks, then you've got Charlotte and Bayley. And as you can see from the PPV, a mess is still very easy to make with the women in WWE. They've run before they can walk.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 24 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm

Im more than willing to give them time. This split is still in its very early infancy and I think seperate titles gives that a bit more substance and credence.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Aug 2016, 8:00 pm

Again, look at that Smackdown list. AA and some stuff, basically. Having a mix of teams is good for the whole, and splitting them could well weaken them all. WWE was at its best when many teams could go up and down based on what we saw was performances against their peers. We could have multiple feuds with the depth. Now each side has less depth.

Not really sure anyone except the Usos is really above the two poorest Raw teams too. Much of a muchness

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down