The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606v2 review/ feedback

+5
ADMIN
Legend
Kaiser
Crimey
sportform
9 posters

Go down

606v2 review/ feedback Empty 606v2 review/ feedback

Post by sportform Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

I have been on here for a few weeks now, have had a look at the other 606 alternatives too and just going to give some feedback.

Firstly, as I thought the drop off from the BBC site has been split over three or four forums and none of the alternatives, as yet, has the same user numbers or discussion intensity. 606v2 probably has the best spread of threads over other sports than football but is lagging behind not606 and new-606 in terms of both the football forum and in total number of users. ja606, although seemingly sabotaged, was an identical copy of 606 and looked to be doing really well a week ago before the problems hit.

606v2 seems to be more friendlier than not606 and new-606 but, as already mentioned, lacks in the football forum and like those two sites misses some of the key elements that made the BBC 606 site so good (in my opinion).

The features that the BBC 606 site had that I feel could enhance this site are:-

1) A quick link between the forum sections. If I am posting in motor sport, I have to back click or go to home in order to get to somewhere else.

NOTE:- I have noticed the 'jump to' function on the bottom of some pages but it doesn't seem to be on all?

2) IDEAL FEATURE; The one function I really liked on the BBC 606 website was the 'most recent' feature. In this feature I could see all recent posts, across all sports and in order of original post time (not most recent comment). This was the feature I visited most on the BBC 606 website to see what people were talking about right now and to get involved in the discussion. This sort of feature would really improve the football forums too.

3) I am not too keen on viewing threads by 'most recent comment'. For me these means that old threads/ discussions can stay at the top for ages as people see them at the top and keep adding an extra comment. Take the motor sport section on this forum for example. One of the top threads is titled something like 'Alonso can still win the title'. Now I saw this last week and thought was is this on about when Alonso just said the title was gone? I clicked on the thread and found it was from April and the original post topic was no longer relevant.

I would much rather see threads listed in order of most recently created (as they were on the BBC 606). Atleast then topics are more relevant to the date and new topics are not drowned below older threads. Not sure if it is possible but you could think about a search feature to let users search by 'last commented' or 'last created' etc?

4) I used to run a few competitions on the BBC 606 website and the one key features that helped with the running of competitions was the fact that other users couldn't edit their comments once they had posted their selections. This is not so on this website. Therefore it would be good if you either removed the edit feature from replies to topics or possibly make it easier for the original poster to lock/ close threads after a 'closing date'?

That is all I can think of right now and look forward to other peoples opinions. I may post one or two ideas / suggestions in the 'ideas' thread later.

Last edited by sportsville on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

606v2 review/ feedback Empty Re: 606v2 review/ feedback

Post by Crimey Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback sportsville, I actually think it makes the admins' jobs much easier if we know what features people don't like, and what features people do like.

The thing about the editing though, if people do edit their comments, it tells you if they have editing them, so it's not like anybody can get away with cheating. Smile

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 05 Jun 2011, 5:53 pm

invincibleILeak, thanks for the reply. Some of my comments like the 'editing replies' are more note based comments and some comments like adding a 'most recent topic' thread are more idea based.

Once I have got some feedback I may expand some ideas on the 'suggest and idea' thread.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 05 Jun 2011, 6:15 pm

I am not sure about the most recent article thingy, as a moderator I can't actually access things like that, I'm sure an admin will investigate if they can change anything like that.

Also the jump to, I'm not sure why it's not on all to be honest. On all the pages I visit, it is usually there. Which section is it not on?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

I actually rather the most recent thread the way it is on this site there's more chance of your comments being read this way and replied to.

I also can't see where you are coming from with the comment regarding competitions as there are many many more competitions being run on this forum than there ever were on 606 and they all seem to work fine

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

Kaiser, I don't think this is an issue as such with competitions like the pub quiz obviously. I think sportsville is referring to the prediction games etc. where people can edit their predictions. However, it will show that they have edited it unless they are the most recent post. If someone edits their post after the event then you can only assume that they have been cheating. Alternatively they can be sent via PM, which can only be edited if the recipient hasn't opened it.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

'Jump to' doesn't appear on this page (and most other threads like this).Ie - It shows up when I go to a sport but not once I have clicked on a topic.

Regarding 'competitions', I haven't actually ran one on here yet and am sure no-one would 'cheat' but as Legend stated my query was regarding prediction competitions and the thought that someone could change their selections. If you can tell people have edited their replies though that becomes less of an issue.

Kaiser, regarding the 'most recent topics' feature, I will be expanding this suggestion further on the ideas pages so I can explore the reasoning behind the suggestion a little more. The basic idea though is to see what new topics are appearing on the whole board/ forum.

Just to add another point too...

When I view this site on my mobile phone it show the 'mobile version' but I can't sign in unless I go to the standard version.

Just wondering if a sign in feature could be added to the mobile version?
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

I can see 'Jump to' on this page, perhaps that is because I am a moderator.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 05 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

Phone wise it's still in beta testing at present, if you scroll down to the bottom there's the option to change to classic version which allows you to post.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

Like many here i migrated from 6o6 to several boards,two are virtually silent,one still borne and this one.I would rather have the simpler 606 free verse style,but without the wums.I have at least been treated with some respect by those few I have spoken too.Not treated like a village idiot,for speaking my mind,or supporting a country not of my birth [though I do that as well].It is a trifle slow but with under 20 RWC,S15 climax .3Ns,RWC,plus buildup games it will get very busy.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by JASON DAY RULES Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:09 pm

all right lads i registered on sat night under GJ THE AUSSIE STUD but when i tried logging in today under them details it wouldnt let me log in

so i registered again under this name and its working ok

JASON DAY RULES

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 07 Jun 2011, 12:55 am

Aussie Rules?
That's the name of Greg Norman's boat!
Welcome aboard GJ, it won't help Adam or Badds or Jason Day win this week, they're not playing, but we need your considered input on my PGA Tour "Ballwasher notes" every week!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:47 am

I think Jason Day Rules that you might have typed the wrong password in when you registered, or made typo in your username when you registered.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

Im the same with the jump to option, it only appears on the main sport section not when you go into a thread

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down